Sanctuary

otter

Are there any well known myths or legends on Fury? My character is a prof, and he has a lot of books, one of them being an ancient lore book
I'll PM one to you in a few minutes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Name: Jon. Pronounced j-on

Species and Gender: Toa Fire. Male.

Appearance: He looks a lot like Tahu Mata half the original and half of the Tahu when he was changed by the Ignika; with the feet of the original and more of the build and thickness of the seconded. However he does wear a Kadin not a Hau.

Mask: Kadin; Mask of flight.

Powers: Create, manipulate, and absorb, fire.

Faction: Make your own.

Biography: After the incident at Kra Karda Jon traveled to Av-Metru. Not long after that he began traveling to outposts bringing the supplies and other things. He also is keeping an eye out for beings to join his group. He has been exploring the outskirts of the caves and coming back to the cities with out restraints, searching for something or someone.

He may have been already making friends that might join his group.

Can other characters already him him.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

...That's waaaay too short, bro.And Jon isn't really Bionicle-like enough, for a name. You're a clever guy, so you can make a clever name.As well, Powers covers skills as well-probably should've made it Powers and Skills, but meh. And if you checked the requirements, I wanted at least two well-sized sentences describing the powers and skills.With the "Make Your Own" faction, I really do expect you to, y'know, put Neutral if you'll make it IC, or if it's already made and it is its own thing, or it's a subfaction of one of the larger ones, I expect you to actually describe it, and what not.And your Biography is confusing me. The sentences are too choppy, and there's no flow. I can't really make much out of it, in regards to the character....Lev, I feel like I'm quoting you, or something.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name: Kual'kahounSpecies and Gender: Male ZyglakAppearance: He looks like, well, a Zyglak. A big lizard of mismatched colours, like a patchwork doll come to life. Horrible, horrible life. His scaly hide is covered in battle scars and old wounds, mostly inflicted by other Zyglak, for they are an aggressive race. Weapons and Possessions: A mace, the spikes made of the same destructive substance Zyglak spears are made of. he obviously stole it originally, but has owned it so long it is precious to him. And still very good at smashing thingsMask: NAPowers: As a Zyglak, Kual'Kahoun is immune to elemental powers used directly on him. His claws carry a virus of sorts that can rapidly decay protodermis upon physical contact. He also has slightly greater strength than a Toa and is naturally amphibiousFaction: Children of the WellBiography: While you might think that, as a Zyglak, Kual'kahoun would stay well away from the bustling crowds of Av-Metru. That the mutual hatred between his kind and those within the last city would keep him a bay better than any forcefield. But, put very simply, Kual'kahoun didn't want to die. His horror at being consumed by the Ul'kar overwhelmed the immense dislike of the other species. Upon venturing into the city he obviously found himself facing prejudice at every turn. He's a Zyglak, what do you expect? But then he found the Children of the Well, a cult who would accept any acolyte of any species. Kual'kahoun was amazaed at finding a place that would accept him. Even the other Zyglak didn't accept him, merely tolerated. He joined up and haas been one of the staunchest supporters ever since

7AOYGDJ.jpg

@ Grochi; Well I hope you don't run out. It would be a shame if the manufacturer of those stickers just.. happened.... to raise the prices... by 87.35% over the course of the last two hours.And no, you're not quoting me. I would never say waaayy. Expect just now.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Probably sleepingAlso, what's a quick way to get to Fury's tunnel?
To go there. I would have just said I was there already, but I'm sort of waiting for that big group to finish up. Or a few people. Really, it doesn't matter. But I think you need to have a chat with Fury before you find her.Ask Krayzikk, he knows all.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Follow the Yellow Brick Road.Also, a general guide for travelers on foot:Kra-Karda to Av-Metru ETA: 1 1/2 days.Av-Metru to Outpost Central ETA: 3 days.Kra-Karda to Outpost Central ETA: Five days. To account for natural tiring.Of course, there are other cities in between. Such as Sanctuary, for example. But they aren't the most major cities, so I haven't gone into detail with them. Just know that, from the Entrance to Outpost Central, it is a large web of tunnels. Outpost Central, with its gates, merely marks the entrance to a much, much larger network.Also, to facilitate traveling, there is a cart/wagon system that runs through the cities. Like taxies. Pulled by feral Skakdi Ussals, of course. It eases travel time considerably. But if you're looking to explore even the original web-which, believe me, it isn't completely figured out-you're going to be on foot and traveling for a while.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Kinda, yeah. Of course, seeing as we've got these hyped up Ussals that may-or-may-not have been mutated to run even faster, you can travel from Outpost to Av-Metru in a matter of hours. That's where timeskips come into play. Then again, timeskips always come into play. This is really only for those who are going to go out and explore.

profiles i guess

Name: Ketren/ Kane (Alternate personality)Species and Gender: Male Toa Appearance: Ketren is a strong looking Toa. His armor is a mixture of bright yellow and pitch black. His eyes glow a light blue but when Kane takes over… his alternate personality they turn bright white. He wears a tattered white cloak with a hood, and his armor is a bit pitted and scarred.Weapons and Possessions: Ketren uses two twin longswords that he likes to charge with electricity, and also a length of chain he keeps coiled around his shoulder. The chain has a blade attached to the end, and he likes to surge electricity through it and lash it at enemies.Mask: Kakama, Mask of SpeedPowers: Ketren has command over his natural elemental powers which are electricity and lightning. He can unleash blasts of lighting from his hands that can shock or paralyze enemies, or he can grab onto them and pump the electricity into them.He can absorb forms of electricity into himself, and he is quite good at using chain lighting. He can also create an electrical shield with his powers. He lukes to surge his electricity through his swords and chain so when they strike they add an extra punch.Faction: None for nowBiography: Ketren and Kane awoke one day upon within the dark city of Av-Metru with the rest of their memories erased. They didn’t know who they were other then their names, but they were both Toa of lightning, and they seemed to be very much alike, as if they were brothers. They decided that they were twins, and from that day forward they were inseparable.They traveled across the city going on adventures and trying to help where they saw fit. Eventually they were attacked by the Ul'kar and Kane was tragically slain. Ketren blacked out after his brother died, his memories of his death being suppressed. When he awoke Kane was alive again… but now in his head.His tortured and broken mind had created a split personality… one for his own brother who would now live on inside Ketren’s mind, without Ketren ever knowing he was really dead. Ketren has a very serious mental disorder. He’s sees someone who is not there… namely his own brother, Kane who in reality is dead. But Ketren thinks he’s very much alive. In his minds eye he can even watch his brother do things and say things that affect the world around him, but in reality he is doing these things without knowing it. Ketren also has blackouts, and in that period his brother’s alternate and darker personality takes over and controls his body, Ketren has no recollection of these times.Slowly overtime Kane seemed to grow different and darker then Ketren remembered him. He went on about anarchy and how Av-Metru and the Matoran society was corrupt and broken and how it was their duty to topple the society and install instead an empire controlled by the Toa. More then that Kane grew an appetite for death. Kane liked to kill, he enjoyed it… and when he killed… Ketren killed without knowing it. He always saw his brother kill, but in reality it was him doing the deed. Now he struggles on with his inner conflict, trying to stop his brother’s evil deeds while at the same time trying to help the Matoran. But when he blacks out… Kane takes over again and he has free reign.

Edited by Flex Nard

Name: HydriaSpecies and Gender: female water toaAppearance: a sleek lean toa with caring eyes, Hydria is light blue with dark blue highlights on her limbs. She looks small and frail which is a deception for from her head down to her feet she is as powerful and agile as a toa with a rough rigid build.Weapons and possessions: she has a large launching and retracting mechanical harpoon that fits over her arm. She also has a water sword that she picked up on Spherus Magna that can channel elemental powers.Mask: Arthron (Mask of Sonar)Powers: besides water powers, she is skilled at using her harpoon for hunting and as an affective tool. She is not perfect with a blade but can take care of herself; her sword can channel her elemental power which she uses effectively.Faction: neutralBiography: “Hydria are you ready to go yet.” The words brought her back from thought, she had been thinking of the flood at Kra Karda where her best friend had been lost. “Yes I’m ready.” She responded, they began back to Outpost Central. She had come to this outpost to try and find an agori named Maecht, but he was gone, it seemed everyone she know was going, never to return.Up ahead was the city Outpost Central, what life wait there for her, she didn’t know, would their be more death, or could she find happiness, a foul feeling that spread in her mocked her like it was a cruel joke, was it right or was it wrong, time would tell.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

....here I thought Fury was far away. Not something that could be reached in a few posts.
Yeah, Fury is pretty far off.Lev is getting close because he was already a good distance from major locations. Those if you who actually read Fury's initial post besides the bolded part would know that, because I specified far from major locations. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Huh, looks fun... Might join.Sometime.In the near future.Perhaps.Maybe....:P
Oh, you will. I'm quite certain of it.You know why? Because you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Fury yet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Krayzikk, my char Takatar is looking for fury. quick way to reach the tunnels?
There isn't a quick way.You get to the tunnels, you stumble around, you finally manage to find the massive cavern that is so dark you can't see more than an inch in front of your face and sends most sane people off screaming, and then you hope you make it to Fury instead of getting lost forever.In other words, there is no quick way, and it's not going to be "Boom, I'm there".

fK5oqYf.jpg

I recommend you start crafting a profile, Gravity. :)We're all waiting. Especially the sentient sword.
Krayzikk, my man, you always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :3Say, are custom elemental powers allowed?
Depends on whether or not I approve them in the profile. =P
Krayzikk, my char Takatar is looking for fury. quick way to reach the tunnels?
What Krayzikk said. After my whole thing about the distances, and after Fury's initial post, you think there's going to be any quick way to wherever she is? At all? Trust me, there's not. It'd take you at least ten posts of conversation to be anywhere near where she is, I'd bet, if you started off in Av-Metru.And after that, Fury is a name, and names are proper nouns. Capitalize it.

profiles i guess

Hey, Constructman?If you'd read my posts, you'd know I specified the call didn't stop. Protip? When you're going after the sentient sword that's been putting out a call, it's usually best to read the posts from the sword. Even if they aren't directly talking to you.

fK5oqYf.jpg

...Reading the posts of the sword isn't metagaming.Acting upon information that wouldn't be yours, i.e. the seperate conversations, IC, that would be.If Takatar won't know it, don't act on it. But still read the posts. Seeing as, y'know, he's running after Fury and all.

profiles i guess

Name: SkyraSpecies and Gender: Toa, gender indeterminate.Appearance: twila.png Basically like that, gender is also impossible to tell due to the heavy amount of armor Skyra uses.Weapons and Possessions: Twin Katanas, black hilts and shining jade colored blades, the tips can be charged up with elemental energy and become very hot...making it easier to cut through metal objects, even solid stone. Carries some currency, a flute, and varies throwing daggers. Also owns a pet Iron Wolf, calls her Fate. Cause like, if Fate pounces on you...you know what your fate is gonna be. Mask: Jade colored Hau, Great Mask of Shielding. Powers/Skills: Elemental Power of Air. Skyra has very advanced and well practiced control over the element. Though where Skyra really shines is with swordplay. Skyra has had centuries of training with swords of all kinds, been trained by multiple masters, and defeated many so called 'experts'. Biography: Always been a bit of a loner, even when not actually alone. Skyra has managed to survive just fine in the city of Av-Metru. Most beings wouldn't want to mess with Skyra, who's been known to slaughter thugs who were unlucky enough to run into the swordsperson. They usually part ways rather....well in pieces. Or at least the thugs do, Skyra does have to feed Fate somehow.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

*Krayzikk convinced me gah*Name: ElirakSpecies and Gender: Male Toa of Acid Appearance: Elirak is an average Toa, if a bit more muscled. His armor is similar in style to the Toa Metru, but with ridges running along some of the flat surfaces. His armor is mostly teal, with some of the edges fading to a dark blue. His secondary color is lime. His Kanohi is shaped like a Komau with an Akuku-style scope built in and, like his armor, is teal that fades to dark blue. Two leather belts form an X shape across his torso and hold his throwing knives.Weapons and Possessions: His main weapons are his 20+ throwing knives strapped across his chest. These knives are of simple construction and designed to be easily replaced if lost. He also has two protosteel-edged long knives that he uses for melee range fighting. Besides a few survival supplies that he carries in a pack (rope, a small lightstone, and a few days worth of food) this is all he carries.Mask: The Kanohi of Mass Control. Allows the user to alter their personal Gravity and channel this force to objects in contact with them. For example: altering one's Gravity to allow for a longer jump, or to walk on a upsidedown surface. Channeling the power allows the user to pick up objects that would otherwise be too heavy or deliver harder blows during hand-to-hand combat. This Kanohi gives the user around the same amount of elemental control as a Garai and cannot be used to absorb or otherwise control the element. (Basicly a reversed Garai, it allows you to effect yourself but not objects at range.) Powers: Elirak has the elemental power of Acid. This allows him to create, control, and absorb various acid and corrosive substances. Examples of this power would be creating a corrisive gas to surround an enemy or melting through rock to tunnel. Substances created can range from being able to melt through solid metal in a matter of seconds to a slightly irritating liquid. Poisons can also be manipulated by users. Users of this element have a slight resistance to poisons and acids.Faction: Neutral (But trying to do what he views as "right")Biography: The Toa of Acid has lived most of his life in Av-Metru, and only vaguely remembers life above the surface. He didn't exactly have it easy, and tries to hide a painful past with a veneer of confidence and humor. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. He has spent most of his time exploring the tunnels around, but hasn't actually been that far away from the city. He is always trying to help those who live there.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Oh, details, details. It worked, didn't it? :P I mean really, Fury isn't that scary yet. I mean, maybe if she gets a body back...

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg