Sanctuary

otter

Oh, details, details. It worked, didn't it? :P I mean really, Fury isn't that scary yet. I mean, maybe if she gets a body back...
When you say a body you mean someone else's don't ya? :3
Well, it wouldn't be theirs for long..... :evilgrin:I totally haven't been contemplating this, and figuring out how it would work. Nope.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Oh, details, details. It worked, didn't it? :P I mean really, Fury isn't that scary yet. I mean, maybe if she gets a body back...
When you say a body you mean someone else's don't ya? :3
Well, it wouldn't be theirs for long..... :evilgrin:I totally haven't been contemplating this, and figuring out how it would work. Nope.
._.I think it might be healthy for my characters to stay away from Fury.Just slightly more healthy then average, you know. :3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Gah, sorry about posting in The Crypt. I edited it, and will re-edit it later.Modified Profile used with Premission of GM. Name: Casral (Combat Advantaged Self Reconfiguring Artificial Lifeform)Species & Gender: Automaton (Clockwork), Male ProgrammingAppearance: Exactly 8 feet tall, Casral looks, at first glance, looks like a Onu-Toa covered with black plates of metal that do not shine when in contact with light. On closer inspection, one sees the pistons, gears, and clockwork of the Automaton, silently pumping and whirling, and the glowing slits of bright green that pass as eyes from far away are clearly lights, mechanical visual detectors. Casral is of medium build, thinner around wrists, ankles, and waist, and thicker at the elbow, arms, shoulders, and chest. His fingers and long and slightly sinister looking, with spiked joints and sharpened edges. His face resembles a stylized Kanohi Pakari, with sharper edges, prominent cheekbones and chin, and noticeable eyebrow ridges. On his back are two gigantic (Around four feet long and 2/3rds wide), solid black protrusions resembling plated scuba tanks, side by side, affixed to his back.Powers: Self Reconfiguration: Casral possesses the ability to completely control his form and all its components, allowing him to split apart at the atoms, and still contain control over himself, allowing him to hover/fly in a cloud-like form, fit through small spaces, and then reassemble himself in different shapes/forms. The two gigantic tanks on his back contain nothing but pure, solid mass, allowing him to add more mass to certain parts of himself if needed. Physical Superiority: Casral, thanks to his robotic body, possess almost unlimited stamina, as well as impressive strength (40% Pakari Level), at the cost of being sluggish and slow when in a physical form. A Le-Toa would be like an annoying gnat, always ducking under his blows, a Kakama user wouldn’t even be challenged. He is constructed from an unknown material, resembling a mix of metal and plastic. It is somewhat similar to Protosteel in strength and resistance to the elements (but unable to conduct electricity) making him heavily armored(This is also a contributing factor to his sluggishness). He also possess infared eyesight. Skills: Casral was created to serve as a walking tank, ravaging his way through any being or object that stood in his way. Casral is completely capable of doing so, but does not enjoy combat, and often doesn’t even respond to attacks. In other words; Capable of devastating combat, but does not feel a need to fight. Weapons: None, his hands and forearms can serve as offensive tools if needed. The two black tanks on his back serve as extra mass for manipulation, as far as equipment goes. Voice: A depressed, pessimistic sigh, the most disheartening thing to ever come out of a robot’s synthetic vocal chords, Casral’s voice makes one want to sit in a corner, and cry, and cry, and then sob uncontrollably. It has a bit of an accent, comparable to British/English. (For the next best thing, see Alan Rickman’s voice for Marvin, The Paranoid Android) Weakness: The aforementioned sluggishness is really rather hindering. The tanks, and the material he is made out of, combine to make him so heavy, a Pakari would be required to lift him. While Casral can become a cloud of microscopic bits, he loses any ability to perform offensive maneuvers. Casral has no ranged attack methods, save ripping rocks from the ground and throwing them. Personality: Casral is, simply, the most depressed, pessimistic, miserable, disheartened, despondent, and dejected being you could ever encounter. It is impossible for him to even conceive the emotions of happiness and enthusiasm, let alone actually display them. Even his new companion, Prys, is unable to cheer him. Faction: Loosely Affiliated with The Council (Lawful Neutral)Biography: Casral was one of the most important of the Brotherhood’s mechanical ‘marvels’, developed during the Destiny War, in hopes of defeating the OoMN with the most advanced robotic technology the Makuta had ever produced, inspired by many of the Great Being’s designs. However, as soon as Casral was completed, he began to display a personality, something warlords don’t want their war machines to possess. And even worse, it wasn’t a very charming personality. The BoM, infuriated by their failure, attempted to destroy the walking tank, only for him to escape from Destral, something never even attempted before. The BoM didn’t waste the troops or time to try to recapture him, and the disheartened Automaton went on to live a pessimistic existence, wandering from island to island in his depression. When Makuta died and the MU was evacuated, Casral joined the masses in panicked retreat, ending up in New Atero, were he lived until the Ul’Kar attacked. He, like all who were wise, fled, and now he currently resides in the Outpost, with a fellow Robotic Lifeform, named Prys. He met Prys, an extremely friendly Synthetic Lifeform who became his “friend” (Casral prefers the term ‘disagreeable traveling companion that refuse to be silent‘) during the establishing of the Outpost.Name: Prys (True name is PRIS, Prototypical Reconnaissance and Infiltration Synthetic)Species & Gender: Synthetic Lifeform (Robotic Clockwork), Female ProgrammingAppearance: At seven and a half feet tall, Prys is a spellbinding sight. Slender and slim in build, Prys has a frame that makes a Vortixx look unattractive, with smooth, shining epidermis (made from a material that is comparable to plastic mixed with steel (Steel‘s strength, plastic‘s texture & inability to conduct electricity), and resembles steel covered in a thin layer of glass), willowy, elegant limbs, a pleasantly proportioned torso, and a long, graceful neck combine to make her so beautiful, many who see her wish she wasn’t robotic. Her body is covered with plates that are completely smooth and rounded, not a single sharp angle in sight, colored a most eye-catching silver, which shines like nothing you’ve ever seen when the light hits it. Two bright, glowing blue lights manage to actually look cheerful behind a powerless Mask of Possibilites, made of the same material as the rest of her body, shining just as attractively as the rest of her body. A brown leather belt, large enough to cover some of her waist and upper thigh, with a golden buckle, is the only piece of clothing she wears, used for holding her weaponry.Powers:Stealth: The power of a Kanohi Volitak is built into Prys’s robotic body, allowing her to become nigh-unnoticeable at will. Physical Superiority: Built to scout, track, assassinate, and infiltrate, Prys possesses inhuman speed and agility, and nearly unlimited stamina(As well as Toa level strength). Her robotic form is built to move at incredible speeds, and she was specially programmed to view and react to her surroundings instanteously, giving her amazing reflexes (Basically, Kakama-level speed, seeing as most people agree that a Kakama lets you react at superspeed as well, so you don’t run into a wall or a tree, or trip on a stone when going faster than the eye can follow). She also has the power of X-Ray Vision.Skills: Built for reconnaissance and infiltration, Prys was designed to kill as quickly as possible, stalk as silently as any natural predator, and to infiltrate military outposts both quickly and quietly, gathering information or outright destroying them without ever revealing herself. She is an expert hand-to-hand, ranged, and blade fighter. Weapons: Shuko parrying claws are built into Prys’s hands, becoming visible with a mental command. She carries both a Gladius and a Pugio dagger on her belt, as well as three throwing knives. Voice: A cheerful, never ending string of words, Prys’s voice takes a while to get used to. It’s cheery, slightly childish, and noticeably robotic, and it comes at the speed of a bullet train. One is reminded of hyperactive children, GLaDOS, and Electronica Music when she speaks, her voice is amiable, ingenuous, and mechanized, all at once. Weakness: Prys strongly dislikes water, and any Ga-Toa is at a major advantage against her.Personality: A true oddity, Prys is one third insane, one third hyperactive child, and one third robotic assassin. For the most part, she’s all smiles and hugs, cheerily proclaiming that she just saw a firefly/climbed a tree/talked to a complete stranger. However, when threatened, her primal programming kicks in, and she’s a whirlwind of blades, stony silence, and violent and often disturbing acts. For further explanation, see Voice.Faction: Loosely Affiliated with The Council (Lawful Neutral)Biography: Made by the Nynrah Ghosts many, many years ago, Prys was left to rust inside one of their warehouses, her programming not finished. When the Destiny War broke out, the OoMN happened upon the warehouse while searching for a temporary military base, and sent Prys to Daxia, so she could be turned into a killing machine. They repaired her and activated her, having finished her programming. Unfortunately, they couldn’t really grasp the Nynrah Ghost’s technological genius, and because of their poor understanding, failed to properly complete her personality. At first, she was a silent and lifeless robot, doing as she was told and quickly completing the assignments given to her. Slowly, she began to develop an eccentric personality, and, much to the anger of OoMN, she escaped, refusing to be a slave any longer. The OoMN, wisely not wasting the time, troops, or finances to find her, did nothing, going onto the next hopeful project. She stowed herself on one of the many supplies ships leaving the island, landing in Metru Nui, were she resided until Makuta died and the MU evacuated. After that, she lived in New Atero until the Ul’Kar attack, during which she fled to the caverns with everyone else, residing in Outpost Central. She lives with Casral, a depressed Automaton, as his traveling companion.

pNNgXax.jpg

Elirak is Approved. Exept "Kanohi of Mass Control" is a misnomer, seeing as he's really controlling Gravity.With Casral...That reconfiguration power bothers me a bit. Down to the atomic level? I'm sorry, but since he's made up of gears and pistons and what-not, if he splits to the atomic level, it'd be rather hard to explain how he maintains control over each seperate atom, as well as still being able to maintain thought...and besides that, if he wanted to actually fight something, he could just go atomic, make them breathe him in, and then reform inside them. I'm not going to allow that.The Stamina and Strength, I don't mind too much. After all, he is a robot. However...Metal and Plastic, with Protosteel strength. And it doesn't conduct electricity. That basically makes him nigh-on indestructable. I'm not going to allow that either-He may be a walking Tank, but I think he ought to have a weakness that makes him able to be attacked if he's gonna fight you, instead of just forcing you to run from the slow guy. And don't even try to talk to me about the cost.Prys, well, I have some problems with her too. Mainly, you have to pick a power-I'm not letting you have two masks like that. Either go with the stealth, or go with the super speed. As well, with her, on the stamina issue-if you're going to activate that super speed or Volitak-style stealth, there aught to be some sort of power drain, lowering her ability to use those for super-long periods of time. With Casral's strength, I get it, because, well, he's a robot. Robots are normally going to be stronger than most. That can just be ascribed to the body, without having to rely on extra power. But with Stealth/Super Speed...yeah.Pick one, and make sure there's a weakness regarding it as well, such as, for example, that power drain-which I think we'll all agree is feasible.And, the same as with Casral, no protosteel-strength non-coductive plasteel stuff.And is it just me, or is almost every female-or, in this case, pseudo female-character of yours excessively beautiful?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

While this is true, altering your mass-thereby increasing or decreasing your own pull on other things-wouldn't really allow you to give more power to your blows, or to walk on the ceiling, or anything like that.
I suppose, first thing I thought of, though. :P You may not have noticed, but I'm not actually that good with names. I just pretend to be.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

See, this is why I used the term Pre-Approve. These guys, obviously, aren't exactly finished. They're barely rough-drafts. :P All the points you made are good ones; I'll re-write the character's power sections, PM you the results, and work off that.Oh, and that excessively beautiful thing; Sinina and Vinathli's beauty is part of their character, a contributing factor to their outlook and personality(and a curse to V), Hajia is designed to be a bipedal blue tiger of a Toa, and I described her as simutaneously primal, animalistic, and beautiful. Amaris, although still relatively attractive, is scarred, crippled, and shows, physically, how her life as a gladiator has went(Which makes her one of my favorite characters to write), Kitsune and Briani; They're expies, and I based them on their characters; Gahuari: Manga-Chibi character.*Starts breathing again*

pNNgXax.jpg

... There goes one professor from the world of Hunted.Let's see if I can find a way to put it...Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. Corruption means decaying into evil, which consumes. Being consumed can sometimes mean that it's rotting, so the conclusion is...Knowledge can rot your brain. Such is the case for the most-likely-late professor.Yay random theories! :PZakaro

Edited by Bounce goes Zakaro!

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Bah. Knowledge is pure and logical. The only bit of sanity in this sea of the insane and deranged. It's just when your pour to much of it into an unprepared vessel that things get sticky.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

@ Krayzikk; Try to jut knowledge into Levacius' head. Come on. Try it .Try to possess his mind.He's probably already seen it, created in, met it, killed it, or faced the reanimated form of it at least once. :PRemember that conversation between Song and Fenrir? Think that, only instead of a book, the guy was actually there doing stuff. Changing the world. Killing demons. Learning why you never fight with a stupid cloak.@ Kal (+Darkon); Honestly, I've seen more 'beautiful' female characters than ugly. Actually, I've never seen an ugly one, but hey, still. What it boils down to, methinks, is the fact that if characters are the top 1% of the universe, then they must be the top 1% in terms of attractiveness (.00001% for TD). Of course, what people are forgetting is that everyone takes Charisma as their dump stat except for Paladins. So, since everybody has a Charisma of 8, and the average is 10....@ Basilisk; You don't get around the internet much, do you?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I would think so. Blades make a good natural weapon, it's tough enough on it's own. Of course encountering the resident Eldritch Abomination might throw it for a loop.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Scholar just got his brain fried for annoying Fury. I'm trapped in a duel with someone who has response lag. The party that was following my character is likewise bound due to response lag. Various characters besides the frozen in time party are traveling to Fury's call.

Name: VertakSpecies and Gender: Matoran of Gravity, MaleAppearance: Like this gallery here, with his armor having long been permanently stained black and gunmetal.Weapons and Possessions: Vertak carries an odd sword that seems to shift between a dominantly gold scheme and a dominantly black scheme. Some have suggested that the golden scheme gives Vertak control over light, while the black side gives him control over the shadows, and it is this that allowed him to join the Council of Light. He also carries with him a hammer at all times strapped to his waist, and he has a round shield strapped onto his back underneath his cloak.Mask: Kanohi VolitakPowers: Vertak has control over gravity, and the ability to use his Kanohi. (Despite the rumors, his sword does not contain powers of any sort.)Faction: Council of LightBiography: Vertak is highly secretive, and as such his past isn’t well known. Some suspect that he once played a large role within Metru-Nui, while others argue that he has spent most of his life with the Dark Hunters. Others still swear that he was a participant in some strange tournament, while some whisper that he may not even be from this dimension at all, but rather lost within this one. One thing that many do know is that Vertak is currently frustrated with the state of the Council, as he knows and has acknowledged the growing weaknesses and corruption within for some time. However, he still remains as outwardly calm and collected as always.As for his having control over elemental and kanohi powers, that is a question none have ever found answered. Some believe that the Dark Hunters may have experimented on him, while others believe he had a lucky date with a pool of energized protodermis. Whatever the reason, it has left Vertak, to a certain extent, as a loner.

Edited by Voltex

...One thing. "Can only be activated by unconsciousness." Change that-he can activate/deactivate it voluntarily, and if he keeps it active too long, the sensory overload is gonna drop him unconscious, merely as a precaution.Once you change that, he's approved. Oh, by the way, if 1 means, say, one is completely deaf, and 10 is a Toa of Sonics' hearing ability, and five is the average, this could only bring up the number to 8.5 at the most.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Name: Boran. (Boar-ahn)Gender: Male.Species: ToaFaction: The Noble Order of the Brother-Knights of the Well.Kanohi: The Great Mask of Enhancement. It can enhance any of his bodily abilities to an extent (although not as great as, say, a Kakama, or Sonics level hearing, etc), or all of them to a lesser extant. It must be consciously activated and deactivated, and can be kept on at a low level limitlessly. However, regular enhancement can only last a few hours before it must be deactivated; he can keep it for longer, but would suffer first from a headache, then worse until finally fainting hardly an hour later. It looks like this, only with a marbled white and dark green marbled pattern.Element: Iron.Appearance: Boran is a tall, stately toa with deep green eyes and an omnipresent subdued and calm expression and tone. He wears a robe of white, heavily embroidered with emerald green. The robe is belted at the waist with a wide dark green belt with embroidery of white. His armor underneath retains that color scheme, and although it is rarely seen is a close fitting mixture of plate and chain mail that provides mobility as well as excellent protection. The cloth of his robe is tougher then normal cloth, although nowhere near bullet proof. Over this, he wears the black mantle worn by all members of the order, with not only the single white stripe down the center of his back, but also a gold stripe as well to signal his position as the master of the order.Powers: Boran has excellent control over the element of iron, as good as that of any veteran toa. His mask can grant him an increase in sight, strength, speed, agility, hearing, or smell.Weapons: A broadsword, light but of protosteel, making it stronger than the most well forged steel blade. He carries a heater shield, which has the same power as Balta’s blades. Besides this he carries a satchel for food, as a water bottle, all fastened so as to be out of the way in the case of a fight.Personality: Boran is quiet and rather on the grim side, an observer and rather an idealist. He is fiery, again on the grim side, and is more prone to take a sword to someone than to yell at them. He maintains a strict morality over himself and his order, although he harder on himself than anyone else. Yet again, few people can really tell his character, as it is hidden behind his impassive quiet.History: Boran can look back into his time as a toa farther than most. Hailing originally from the Southern Continent, he earned a reputation during the persecution of his race by the Makuta, avoiding capture and death against overwhelming odds. In some ways he was a philosopher and even theologian. He always insisted there was Someone beyond Mata Nui or the Great Beings, both of whom he had once held as worthy of adoration until growing gradually disenchanted with their supposed goodness. He also held, especially during his time as a fugitive from Makuta rule, that the Someone, or Something, watched over him. Some he talked to said it was Destiny, but that too he doubted, and refused to agree. When Teridax took over he once again became a fugitive, surviving again only narrowly. At last Teridax was defeated, and the MU emptied. Desiring nothing more than peace, Boran became a smith, housebuilder, and philosopher. He gathered a small group of followers around him, taught them, while continuing in his work, and pressuring them to follow similar paths. When the Ul’kar appeared, he and his following tried to fight back. Unprepared however, they were cut apart, and only he and a few others survived the initial attacks. With a firm hatred of the Ul’kar, it was with reluctance that he went underground with the rest of the peoples. He felt a new duty, and began trying to organize his remaining followers into a fighting force to safeguard travelers about the tunnels.Then the Cult of Ul’kar was formed. Outraged at this new organization, Boran changed direction. It was better, he felt, to stamp out such an enemy of the people and let travelers, many warriors themselves, care for their own defenses. Trying to bring some cohesion to the previous community he and his followers had formed, and the warband they had became, he decided to merge the two. A community of warriors all living strictly according to specific standards, curbing themselves for the good of others. They were at once knights and monks. When he formed this, mixed results were his response. He kept it out of governmental eye as much as he could. Among the Children of the Well, some agreed with his ideal, while other disagreed. However, only the more warlike completely agreed with his mission ideal; that is, to destroy the Cult. With only a small group of about eight, he drew up a primitive rule they might live by, instituted a common dress, and threw his order into practice, despite any objections people may have had.Name: AylanGender: Male.Species: Toa.Faction: The Noble Order of the Brother-Knights of the Well.Appearance: Aylan is a little short for a toa, slim and wiry as well. His armor is slightly modified from the standard armor, giving better coverage, with chain mail in places. He wears a light, slightly cut down black mantle with a white stripe, the habit of the Knights.Kanohi: Kakama.Powers: Elemental control of plantlife, a little less than veteran abilities.Abilities: Aylan is skilled with his element, exercising precise control over some aspects, especially when it comes to making deadly weapons out of wood. He is a skilled archer, and is skilled with other weapons, especially javelins and staffs. His trademark weapon is a three foot long hardwood pole, spiked at both ends, which he also wields with goodly skill.Weapons: A recurve bow, compact and excellent for tunnel usage. He carries a quever of arrows, steel tipped, although he generates his own, albeit made of wood only, when he needs to.Personality: Aylan is introverted and dreamy, which seems almost out of sync with his abilities and role. He is, however, a fierce fighter. Very little people say can faze him, although he does have some temper.Biography: One of Boran’s first followers, Aylan had nowhere near his experience as a toa, although was himself far from a rookie. He learned both how to use his element for building and hunting, but also for destruction, long before he met the toa of iron. He barely managed to survive the initial fighting, even with a Kakama. Of all Boran’s followers, Aylan was one of the more reluctant agreers with the goal of the order, preferring a more gentle approach. Nonetheless, he accepted his leader’s reasoning, and followed him obediently.Faction Name: The Noble Order of the Knights of the Well.Faction Description: The Knights are regarded by many as extremists, due to their vow to combat “Those stinking filthy Cultists, who are so filthy, and so abominable that they should not even be spoken of!”, according to their rule. Their main purpose, besides safeguarding travelers, is to utterly wipe out of existence all cults or organizations with love and sympathy towards the Ul’kar. The worship of those beings is regarded as the most repugnant and disgusting sin possible by some of the Order, and all view it as positively abominable.

Edited by Zarayna

OOC: This post has Grochi-Approval.IC: FuryFury laughed.Takatar was unconscious, but the attack didn't cease. Because the fact was, whether he was conscious or not didn't matter. Stopping her attack by knocking yourself out was like trying to stop a bullet by taking off the bulletproof vest, like trying to stem the flow by blowing out the dam.He had sacrificed his sanity.By knocking himself out, he simply provided her with complete access to every level of his mind, with no resistance. Any defenses he had evaporated when he fell comatose, his futile attempt at resistance evaporating like dust in the wind. Her cackle spread through his mind, causing his face to unconsciously scrunch up in fear.You fool. You just threw open the door, and invited me in for tea. For a professor, you are exceptionally stupid. She reached back in her memory, and selected the most horrific, the most maddening eldritch abominations she had ever encountered. Creatures that defied natural law as he understood it, defied physics, defied the very fabric of the universe, and set them loose in his imagination. Takatar let out a mental scream as monsters that defied every everything he knew about the universe. They ravaged through his mind like an unholy plague, destroying everything they found, destroying his sanity.He snapped.His sanity fled, gone like a cinder in the wind. When he awoke, he would be so crazy Vezon himself would be horrified. The creature and knowledge he'd gained would be of little use when he couldn't figure out who he was, what he was, and kept spewing random bits of information no one could comprehend.Fury laughed once more, and withdrew. She had destroyed his mind, and destroyed his life. He would lose his job, and all societal functionality he had ever possessed. The clever professor, reduced to an insane beggar. All because he was too clever, and decided he was clever enough to handle forces he couldn't understand.He wasn't.
Somebody has a short fuse. And somebody's gonna be torching the town when he wakes up. And somebody's resisting the urge to punch his computer. You jsut elimnated my primary and only character. Edited by Constructman