Sanctuary

otter

Hey Grochi, just how long after the Battle of Bara-Magna is this RPG happening? And what exactly happened during that time/deviated from canon. And most importantly, what are the states of Vakama and Krakua, if known? I'mma tryin' to piece some things together.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Spherus Magna reformed100 or so years of peace, New Atero, no real problemsUl'kar discovered250 year war40 years of people going underground, exploring, and building citiesKra-Karda destroyed20 years after that, Council's power begins to wane due to corruption in this time periodPresent day.Vakama Status: Listed MIA, assumed KIA-he was in the temple when the Ul'kar attacked, and no trace of him was found.Krakua Status: Listed MIA, status unknown.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I'm new to this RPG thing, but I'd like to give it a try.Name: AflonydhSpecies and Gender: Male Steltian LaborerAppearance: He looks like a typical lower-class Steltian, tall and wide, with blue and white armor and red eyes. To be precise, he is about 2.1 bio tall and his shoulders span 1.4 bio across. He has asymmetrical arms, one of which ends in a normal hand and the other in a simple magnetic tool slot.Weapons and Possessions: As of now, Aflonydh possesses only a tiny knife, suitable for use as a tool but not much of a weapon, a cloth pouch with a few meals' worth of food, and a meager amount of money -- maybe enough to buy a couple pieces of food, but not much else.Mask: N/APowers: None, though he is very strongFaction: NoneBiography: Aflondyh has been a simple worker for his whole life, up to now. For thousands of years he held various jobs on Stelt, mostly construction, for there was always rebuilding to do there. He tried to live as normal through Teridax's reign and fall, and stayed with his kindred when they migrated to Spherus Magna. He did his best to stay out of the war with the Ul'Kar on the surface, but one day his place of work came under attack. He showed a previously unrevealed talent for combat, saving many of his coworkers, but this went unrecognized, and he continued to live the life he always had. When forced underground, he found himself in Av-Karda in the employ of a being not from Stelt -- one of Trinuma's species. Despite his desire for a simple life, however, he began to space out and daydream and pay less attention to his work. This culminated a few days ago when he absent-mindedly destroyed some valuable materials. Due to the reputation of his people, his boss thought him merely stupid, not thoughtful, and fired him on the spot. But he was starting to wonder if he had some greater destiny... or at least a less usual destiny. After traveling the city for a few days, failing to find work and living on the last of his pay, he decided it was time for something different. Maybe time to get involved in the recent troubles everyone was talking about...Aflondyn is gentle and peaceful by nature, never dreaming of becoming a warrior throughout the wars that he lived through. However, he is as strong as the next member of his race, and more quick-thinking than most. He is not particularly clever, educated, or wise, though he has enough common sense for him to get by all those years. He is not clumsy, but he is not agile or graceful and presents a large target. He has no desire to become a villain, but he knows his priority is to look out for himself. He isn't sure of what he's doing -- part of him hears the call of adventure, the other part asks what he thinks he's doing, giving up on the sort of jobs he's had all his life.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Oh, sorry, I accidentally overlooked that requirement. How strong is lore-appropriate but not overpowered? I don't care for him being a powerful character, but I don't see any reason for him to be a weakling among his people.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Oh, sorry, I accidentally overlooked that requirement. How strong is lore-appropriate but not overpowered? I don't care for him being a powerful character, but I don't see any reason for him to be a weakling among his people.
Well, Krekka was pretty strong - not as strong as the average Makuta (Gorsat...), but still pretty strong. Not quite the levels of a mask of strength, though. He could also fly, which is another advantageous power; his method of flying shown in the movie on the other hand would be very limiting to aerial combat against, say, a Toa with a Kadin.
Spherus Magna reformed100 or so years of peace, New Atero, no real problemsUl'kar discovered250 year war40 years of people going underground, exploring, and building citiesKra-Karda destroyed20 years after that, Council's power begins to wane due to corruption in this time periodPresent day.Vakama Status: Listed MIA, assumed KIA-he was in the temple when the Ul'kar attacked, and no trace of him was found.Krakua Status: Listed MIA, status unknown.
Is it safe to assume that canon events up until the Battle of Bara-Magna were all the same? Save, apparently, the creation of Ul'Kar at some point?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I'd imagine Krekka's ability to fly was artificial. Aflonydh can't fly. He could badly hurt someone with a good punch, but if the Ul'Kar is some sort of liquid, that might not do him much good.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Meh. Just say he's really strong, but obviously not quite Kadi Pfft hahaha I mean Pakari lulz level, and describe the amount of damage he could do, and I'm good.Lev: They were all the same. The creation of the Ul'kar ties only to the RPG, not the original canon.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

I think you mean he doesn't have strength to match the Kanohi Pakari -- Kadin is Flight. So, how's this then:Powers: Like the rest of his people, Aflonydh has great strength. He can easily knock smaller beings back, and disable them with a solid punch or two -- if he can hit them, which will be difficult for him, for he is untrained, and not particularly fast or agile. He is not as strong as a being using the Great Mask of Strength.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Edit that into the powers/skills section of the profileAnd he done be goodAnd please, please put the little "Personality" tab before the Personalityit makes finding things so much easierand I'm a lazy gm.I mean, I even provided a blank profile to use, y'know. With personality right before biography.It makes stuff easier brah.OB-LA-DI, OB-LA-DA, LIFE GOES ON, BRAH!

profiles i guess

What has happened when they put EP in contact with Ul'Kar?What's the last anybody has seen of Voporak? Or the Vahi that he gave to the Shadowed One? His ability to cause things to rapidly age could destroy stone, and might be enough to kill Ul'Kar if he was located. And the Vahi might be too unstable to control and thus use against Ul'Kar, but it could still be useful. Destroying the mask would mean the destruction of the Matoran Universe, but it's already destroyed; however, a proximity burst from the mask releasing the time energy it still holds might be enough to destroy Ul'Kar.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I found one, but it requires a number of theories about the inner workings of the universe as a whole to be true, and knowledge of a number of things only one person in the universe would know anything about; it would also require assuming a number of things haven't already taken place, and while it might destroy Ul'Kar, it might also destroy the entire universe in the process. Or it could create more alternate ones.Creating a paradox just doesn't sound like it would be easy enough for my lazy self.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Yeah, I'll say this right now: If you require a paradox to win, this RPG's universe will get destroyed.As well, it's highly likely that everything will just end up transferred to an empty parallel universe, like nothing even happened. So that, y'know, the story can continue.And guys.Gaiz.Guise.Giez.I know you want me to move everything along myselfBut take some initiative here, pleaseLike-write- stuff for your own charactersdon't make me write it for youTHIS RPG IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE FREE REIGN FOR A BUNCH O' CHARACTERS SRSLY.WRITE WRITE WRITE.DESCRIBE.WHEN THE PLOT REACHES ESSENTIAL POINTS IT SHALL BE WRITTEN OUT BY ME.But for now, try to write stuff in yourselves. Please.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

If you want me to describe the southwards place then I will. But don't blame me when things get a lot more epic than you originally anticipated.So sure, I'll take care of all of that when the next post pops on up.(Besides, if I let my creativity flow, Outpost Central would be getting attacked by a Troller right now, and all able bodied NPCs would be fighting for their lives with the PCs to drive it off. Though now that I mention it, Halnara could use something to do.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

No, see, any attacks like that require previous authorization. No making huge, big bad NPCs just to go on some sort of rampage in my RPG.JUST WRITEAND DESCRIBESHADOWY BEINGS WOO.MAYBE MEET UP WITH KETRU.
I'm just saying, you might want to be more specific when you go into crazy caps mode. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Name: AflonydhSpecies and Gender: Male Steltian LaborerAppearance: He looks like a typical lower-class Steltian, tall and wide, with blue and white armor and red eyes. To be precise, he is about 2.1 bio tall and his shoulders span 1.4 bio across. He has asymmetrical arms, one of which ends in a normal hand and the other in a simple magnetic tool slot.Weapons and Possessions: As of now, Aflonydh possesses only a tiny knife, suitable for use as a tool but not much of a weapon, a cloth pouch with a few meals' worth of food, and a meager amount of money -- maybe enough to buy a couple pieces of food, but not much else.Mask: N/APowers: Like the rest of his people, Aflonydh has great strength. He can easily knock smaller beings back, and disable them with a solid punch or two -- if he can hit them, which will be difficult for him, for he is untrained, and not particularly fast or agile. He is not as strong as a being using the Great Mask of Strength.Faction: NonePersonality: Aflonydh is gentle and peaceful by nature, never dreaming of becoming a warrior throughout the wars that he lived through. However, he is as strong as the next member of his race, and more quick-thinking than most. He is not particularly clever, educated, or wise, though he has enough common sense for him to get by all those years. He is not clumsy, but he is not agile or graceful and presents a large target. He has no desire to become a villain, but he knows his priority is to look out for himself. He isn't sure of what he's doing -- part of him hears the call of adventure, the other part asks what he thinks he's doing, giving up on the sort of jobs he's had all his life.Biography: Aflonydh has been a simple worker for his whole life, up to now. For thousands of years he held various jobs on Stelt, mostly construction, for there was always rebuilding to do there. He tried to live as normal through Teridax's reign and fall, and stayed with his kindred when they migrated to Spherus Magna. He did his best to stay out of the war with the Ul'Kar on the surface, but one day his place of work came under attack. He showed a previously unrevealed talent for combat, saving many of his coworkers, but this went unrecognized, and he continued to live the life he always had. When forced underground, he found himself in Av-Karda in the employ of a being not from Stelt -- one of Trinuma's species. Despite his desire for a simple life, however, he began to space out and daydream and pay less attention to his work. This culminated a few days ago when he absent-mindedly destroyed some valuable materials. Due to the reputation of his people, his boss thought him merely stupid, not thoughtful, and fired him on the spot. But he was starting to wonder if he had some greater destiny... or at least a less usual destiny. After traveling the city for a few days, failing to find work and living on the last of his pay, he decided it was time for something different. Maybe time to get involved in the recent troubles everyone was talking about...

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

How where the pieces of Ul'kar eradicated? Can it just be done by fire?
Everything can be killed with fire.In other news Grochi, your place has been described. I work with what I'm given and I enjoy jumping puzzles. Thus, pillars of stone rising from magma.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

LevWill you marry me?Constructman: Seeing as Ghaieden knew not about the side tunnel, he is crossing across the molten sea.And it so turns out that the only reason the mists appear thin is because that which Ketru carries is glowing much brighter.Ketru might want to hightail it away.

profiles i guess

remember him?

Name: Pyrha

Species and Gender: Toa of Fire. Male.

Appearance: He looks a lot like Tahu Mata the original and Tahu when he was changed by the Ignika; with the feet of the original and more of the build and thickness of the seconded. However he does wear a red Kadin not a Hau, and has a mechanical right hand with three slightly longer then average skinny metallic fingers .

Weapons and possessions: His original hand (and half way up his fore arm) was replaced with a three fingered mechanical hand, which is nearly more of a clamp then hand, which basically only opens and closes, but can be used to channel elemental power. Elemental conducting round shield. Backpack with various supplies (eg. First aid kit, assortment of small weapons, heat stone, light stone, energy stone X 2).

Mask: Kadin; Mask of flight.

Powers: Create, manipulate, and absorb, fire. He is an average fighter but mainly an elemental-ist. Pyrha can do special attacks and other things e.g. He can create high pressure fire balls that are extremely hot and can explode with heat and flame (These can be extremely hot, they may even melt armor or weapons not to mention burn flesh)

Faction: Neutral.

Biography: After the incident at Kra Karda he traveled to Av-Metru, soon after, he began traveling to outposts, swapping supplies and other things.

He is looking for beings to join his group, he figures that it’s easer to survive, and better if you have a group: He honors the three virtues Unity, Duty, and loyalty.

Lately he has been exploring the outskirts of the caves and coming back to the cities, looking for things and beings.

Characters may already know him or has heard of him; in most cases it will probably be fine.And I know “Appearance:” might be kind of pushing the two full sentences, is it acceptable?

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

"He honors the three virtures: Unity, Duty, and loyalty." Have to say, I was expecting Destiny.Appearance is supposed to be two sentences or more, good on you.After that...I'm good. Just remember, though, to work on your formatting in there. Good Formatting=Easy to read.

profiles i guess

Actually, I meant maybe it wasn't a very good two sentences, but I think it was in some of the first versions and developing that it might not have been a two good full sentences.And I know I need to work on formatting.Who would honor Destiny after all doesn't Hahli unite and become great, Jaller do his duty and become great, and Takua is destined to be great so he doesn't have to do anything.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

lhikan_banner.png

...Umwhat.But seriously, you say three virtues, and open up with "Unity and Duty" when, y'know, the third is "Destiny." And besides, honoring Destiny isn't about sitting back and being all "Welp, I hope I turn out great, woo hoo," it's about actively going forth and, y'know, seeking out Destiny.

profiles i guess

Yea I know it is kind of miss leading, but I still don't think Destiny is a virtue.
Examine, if you will, the late-comer to Bionicle.Don't you give in like that Grochi. It's Unity, Duty, Destiny. It's part of Bionicle, argue if you will. And try to ascribe something that goes against what I just said from canon if you're up for a real challenge. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I could probably argue with you for quite a while but I think it would be easier to discredited you just from post(s) I've seen you make (well I guess it depends on how you look at it, you might just cheer for more, after all you made the posts in the first place).And what does it matter if it is in the canon that doesn't make it true, after all it is a science fantasy.and don't worry about me discrediting you, I want to expose those posts anyway so actually I kind of want you to argue back

Edited by light Laser

lhikan_banner.png

I could probably argue with you for quite a while but I think it would be easier to discredited you just from post(s) I've seen you make (well I guess it depends on how you look at it, you might just cheer for more, after all you made the posts in the first place).And what does it matter if it is in the canon that doesn't make it true, after all it is a science fantasy.and don't worry about me discrediting you, I want to expose those posts anyway so actually I kind of want you to argue back
Ooh boy.I'm very interested in seeing how you discredit anything I've said, so try your very best hot shot. Capitalize the first word of a sentence while you're at it.Now then, that's a very bad way to cite it by using the term 'science fantasy'. Were this story science-fiction, I might be more inclined to side with you, because science-fiction puts more emphasis on making everything scientifically accurate that it can, while still often leaving some things impossible or unexplained. Star Trek, if you will - lots of detail is put into the tech, but you can hardly explain some of the godlike creatures and monsters they come across with actual science we possess. You could say destiny doesn't exist in Bionicle if it were science-fiction, but it's not.On the other hand, science-fantasy implies that the story is highly fantastical, with emphasis on the strange and otherworldly to be more likely, but still has a setting closer to sci-fi. Bionicle is interesting in that rather than providing a sci-fi setting to work with, like Star Wars that also has a group of protagonists that are more familiar (I must emphasize the word protagonist here; the main cast are humans or droids, even though there are hundreds of aliens), it gives a highly fantastical setting (Mata-Nui) and then places biomechanical characters in it. Only by 2004 does it have more technology and the like, but Metru-Nui would be better compared to the Eberron campaign setting for D&D then Earth in Star Trek.So, that's been taken care of. What do we know now? We know Bionicle is Science-Fantasy, and what that means.We also know that your statement 'canon doesn't make it true because it's science-fantasy' is erroneous. That just means what the setting is and generally dictates the common plot lines and characters that will emerge. In the case of this RPG, if you didn't read what the GM has said, the setting follows canon up until the events following the Battle of Bara-Magna.I'm not sure if you've read a Bionicle book, but destiny has always been a major function. Heck, go watch the movie for Mask of Light. Are those Matoran chanting 'Unity, Duty, Loyalty!' or 'Unity, Duty, Destiny!' you think? I dunno, I might be a little deaf in my right ear. But what has destiny guided in canon? Well, everything. Av-Matoran that became Bohrok, who was/wasn't changed by EP, and who was destroyed. How about Takua being destined to wear the Mask of Light? Or the Toa Mata being destined to awaken Mata-Nui?If you want to know more about the culture of the Matoran regarding destiny, you could also read up on the Three Virtues on BS01, and pay special attention to the six principles that were present on Mata-Nui.Now look at your Three Virtues symbol that you're no doubt looking at right now. See it? Well, it represents the shattered planet of Spherus Magna, first of all. Second, that big one where Bara-Magna is? That's destiny. It's in the very middle because it's the most important.But like I said. You could try to discredit me, but it wouldn't be easy. I'm sure you could disprove something I said... three years ago? Two, maybe?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Whoa boy.Whoa.Don't let those Shadows touch you.I mean, for all you know, they're ghosts, and this is an example of the Our Ghosts Are Different trope.Like in, y'know, Metro 2033.
Rebuke UndeadIf that doesn't work?I'll send a Tarantula Hawk after them.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

This page describes the effects of all Kraata powers. I believe Level 4 is the one that would affect Ketru as a burst, but I'd have to recheck my profile. Basically, the stasis field does the same thing as the freeze ray in Dr. Horrible in Act 3 traps you physically. Grochi would need to give a ruling on just how strong your sense would be, though - I imagine a psychic being would be able to, after some time, be able to reach out and start talking, but I'm not sure about other abilities.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Can you still think? And launch elemental attacks?
Considering that you're able to stay alive, I'd have to assume you have some form of mental processes going on. Launching elemental effects would be harder, though, depending on how aware you were - which we need to wait for Grochi to rule on.I doubt you would be, though. Stasis fields would seem to be stronger than paralysis, and the Toa Metru couldn't make use of their elemental attacks to fend off the Visorak after being struck by such attacks.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: