Hunted

otter

IC: Halnara / Outpost Central"Ah, thank you." she replied. The slug actually hurt a bit, as she was too young to have received most of the implants older Glatorian had been given by the Great Beings and was wearing only robes, but she knew what it meant.IC: Levacius / Fury's CaveThe light began to bob up and down. Levacius knew he had more, so he casually tossed the lightstone behind him, getting it out of his way. His silhouette would be seen by Skyra as the intruder entered the cave, and would look far more menacing than he would alone - while a few new his reputation, not nearly enough people in the caves knew just how dangerous Levacius, slayer of demons, truly was.Just in case he was attacked, he allowed a charge of electricity to flow through his body. Even a non-element user could feel just how distorted the air became whenever he 'flexed' his control over electricity this way. As Skyra approached - and Levacius had the much clearer view of his approached, due to the light source of the room being behind him and thus directly striking Skyra - he issued forth challenge, "Ehnt vor nukran."That wasn't a real language, but it really messed people up a lot."Greetings, traveler. Please, keep your weapons down. If you're here for the talking voice, you've reached your destination. And if you're here to kill me, I would request you consider your life actions that led you up to this point of life, carefully recollecting every moment and standing in complete silence, not doing anything, so that I can just leave you here without your pointless loss of blood."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -The foreign language threw me off a bit, and I had sensed a disturbance in the air. After all, I was a Toa of Air. I could see that this Toa was of the element of lightning, judging by all the sparks anyway. "Greetings, traveler. Please, keep your weapons down. If you're here for the talking voice, you've reached your destination. And if you're here to kill me, I would request you consider your life actions that led you up to this point of life, carefully recollecting every moment and standing in complete silence, not doing anything, so that I can just leave you here without your pointless loss of blood."I almost laughed at this, but I decided to just raise my eyebrow a bit. "No, I'm not here to kill you, I agree that would be completely pointless and quite frankly a waste of my time." I said as I slowly sheathed my katana into the sheath strapped to my back. I turned my head back where I came and let out a sharp whistle, Fate came rather quickly, panting loudly and looking up at me expectantly as she approached, she looked at the newcomer curiously, though she didn't seem to feel threatened. This put my mind at ease, an Iron Wolf could always tell the intentions of others, and if she didn't see Levacius as a threat, then neither did I. "Ah, so this is cave where little voice speaks from?" It seemed yet another being was here, but he was obscured by the shadows, couldn't get a good view of him. "It looks like we're all here for the same reason. That voice..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Levacius / Fury's Cave"Yes, and it's a very interesting conversation partner. With quite a razor edge, you might say - I assume that for the sake of this pun, but I have been wrong before."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -I glanced at the sword. "So the voice is from the sword eh?" I looked at the rapier, I myself prefered my katanas really, but I had long ago mastered the use of all kinds of blades, the rapier among them. "It has yet to speak to me directly, though maybe that's because I haven't bothered to actually try to speak with it."

IC (Outpost Central): "Same here," Almorn replied to Sar'Jah. The Toa rubbed the back of his head; was the mental draw from the mysterious being weaker? It felt as if it was distracted by something else..."Hey Sar'Jah," Almorn continued, "You're supposed to be a guide right? Would you be willing to help me do some exploring? I've gotten the inclination to try to find something..."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC-Visionary:The mists. So calm, so soothing. A tall man stared into them without seeing, knowing them as would a close friend, understanding their messages. He sat upon the ground, on the lip of the Well, closing his eyes, relaxing his breathing...A second more and he was gone away.A Toa, stumbling into a cavern, falling upon the ground, comatose. A breeze rifling among the mists in the caverns, a shadowy figure running, dropping an object glowing gold. Then he ran again, down a side tunnel, to an area where the mists were somewhat thinner than before.The Toa on the ground, though. He shuddered. His eyes rifled open. Seconds later he picked up the object, seeming to stumble off in a new direction, seemingly healed of some grave hurt. The Visionary focused further, upon that object glowing so that it drowned out the light of the mists. Harder, an a pattern revealed itself, seemingly the silhouette of a Toa. The glow sagged slighly, and the Visionary gasped, before it came back harder, sending his mental self reeling. This was no ordinary object, not at all.He, himself, sagged, nearly slipping into the Well again. He looked up with unseeing eyes, glancing quickly about himself in his darkness. He knew without seeing where he was, that he hadn't moved, he hadn't been hurt. This event...it was important. And, unlike with what many of his visions had shown, this had already come to pass. It was merely a message the finally reached him. He shook his head-this was an omen of more to come, he was sure of it. He must prepare.First, though, the other being near him."Hello, brother," he said amiably to Ketren, though his face had a somewhat confused expression. "Still do we battle our own shadows, after so long in this darkness?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Elirak [Cave]I yawned. Without meaning to. And not for the first time.Sure, being in these tunnels is far from comforting, but after a while that constant fear just kinda falls to the back of your mind, if you know what I mean. Although, every now and then you pass some odd looking rock that scares the living heck out of you, but you get used to that too.And most of the time these caves are just boring. I stepped around a stalactite and looked up. Well, "up" is such a relative term. Especially since "up" for me is probably "down" for you. Yes, I was walking on the ceiling of the cave. Mask Powers, handy things to have.Anyway, I looked "up" or "down" or whatever at what I was wandering through these caves for: my lightstone. Oh sure, most people would wonder how I lost a lightstone in a dark cave, well, it happens. Sometimes.OOC: Elirak open for interaction.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Levacius / Fury's Cave"One learns many bad jokes over the course of ten thousand years, I'm afraid, and I fear that they grow exponentially from there. But judging by the skeletons that litter this cave, I believe that recklessly charging for it may be disastrous - an empty cave is rarely truly empty, and often ripe in traps. Perhaps the sword would have something else to say on this matter...?"Like Skyra, Levacius knew many weapons. He wasn't much for rapier fighting, though - never did any good when you were fighting somebody with twice your reach.IC: Ghaieden / Kra-Karda"Your word is my command." he replied. What worried him was why Kar refused to do these things himself. It occurred to him that it could be a test for himself. It also occurred to him it could be a trap. But then, there really wasn't a reason for Kar to do that when he could just materialize and kill him at this moment. Furthermore, what could this stone be? A Toa Stone? There would no point in that. Perhaps an old Brotherhood or Order weapon, like the Nui Stone? No, also pointless. Hmm...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: FuryI had a feeling you three would be the first to arrive. The voice that echoed through their minds was familiar to two of them, but it was a new experience for Skyra. His first encounter with the ancient entity that dwelt within the sword.The most intelligent of the seekers was also the least wise, and he met a fate according to that. The clever one has yet to come close, but he may not be the one. Nor have the others yet to arrive.Which leaves the three of you as my first options, now doesn't it?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -I was a bit taken by surprise by the sudden voice in my head, the other two didn't seem to be however, clearly that had experienced it before. "Options for what exactly?" I asked, stroking Fate's fur a little more vigorously, I didn't really like voices in my head, it felt like an invasion of privacy.

IC: Elirak [Cave]With a thought, I ended the usage of my mask power, and dropped lightly to the floor. I picked up the lightstone, and slipped it back into my pack.That's when I heard it.Not really hear, but felt it, inside my mind. A call. Now, I've had my fair share of telepathy experiences, but this seemed different. Older, if that made any sense. Creeped me out. Enough to the point where I spun right around and walked away from where I could feel it pulling me towards. Whatever it was, I wanted nothing to do with it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: FuryFury took note of Elirak, and strengthened the call, playing on his fears and desires to draw him to her. She didn't bother pausing in her conversation, the call didn't take enough effort to require any real concentration.Why, to be the one to carry me out of here. To be my Bearer, until I find someone better than the one I have chosen.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Elirak [Cave]The... Heck... Is... This? I felt whatever calling me become stronger, pulling towards whatever-the-heck-it-was. Eventually though, my sense of reason was overridden by my curiosity.It might have been important, or perhaps someone needed help. But, still. I pulled out one of my longknives. Never hurts to be careful. A greenish mist surrounding my hands, I turned around and towardswhat was waiting...

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -"I see..." Was all I managed to say in response, something about this didn't feel right, and no, it wasn't the dead bodies and skeletons I was worried about, though that was an issue I needed to bring up as well. "Here's a better question, why should any of us be your bearer? And what happened to these poor saps?" I asked, gesturing to the dead around us.

IC: FuryA fourth will be joining us shortly.As for the bodies... They tried to deal with a power they couldn't comprehend. And quite rudely, at that. So I refused to help them. The fools smashed their only lightstone in an argument. They never found their way out of this cavern.Why should any of you choose to be my bearer? Because I can give you the power to accomplish your goals.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Elirak [Cave, nearing Fury]I couldn't tell how far I'd gone... But quite far judging by the way that my legs felt.I stopped. There were voices up ahead. But then again, sound traveled far in these tunnels. It could be coming from anywhere around me. The funny thing was, I had this distinct sense that it was coming from where this pull was taking me.Oooo, this is going to be quite fun...And so, I continued on towards whatever was ahead.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -Because I can give you the power to accomplish your goals. Goals...did I really have a goal other than to just survive? Not really, but then again, that goal was a difficult one in this world. The only real goal I'd ever had in life was to be a great swordsperson, one of the best. Now, while I felt I was pretty close to that goal, I still felt...somewhat lacking, like I just wasn't quite good enough yet. Maybe that's what had drawn me to this voice in the sword. At the same time, I hardly trusted this voice, it was pretty ominous...and who knew what it could do to my mind, carrying something like that around all the time. There were so many unknowns, and I didn't like it. "I have no doubt, that you can do exactly what you're offering...but what's the price of this power?" There was always a catch to these kind of offers, always, and if she tried to tell me otherwise I'd just be all the more reluctant to even dare to touch the thing.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC: FuryElirak reached the edge of the massive cavern, the darkness crowding around him, restricting his vision to mere inches in front of him.Indeed, Skyra. Power does come with a price.In this case, the price is me. You will gain power, but it is, as your shopkeepers once said, a package deal. If you gain power, you have to carry me from this place. And if I ever decide to leave, or you decide to leave without me, that power will vanish.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Casral (Outpost Central)The figure on the bench was an intimidating one; Tall, armored, and shadowy black, with two glowing triangles of bright green light functioning as eyes.While physically, the being was intimidating, personal, he was only depressing, melancholy, pessimestic."It's so dark down here." He sighed. "Even someone like me, who can see in infared, thinks its dark." Another sigh. "I suppose it's better hiding in shadows than getting ripped into pieces and used as scrap." After a pause, he continued. "I suppose."Continuing in his sullen speech, Casral failed to notice the dissapearance of Prys. This was rather remarkable, since Prys did nothing but talk to him, irritating to such a high level, he often forgot to be depressed.IC: Prys (Tunnels)Prys was walking through the echoing caverns and twisting tunnels surrounding Outpost Central, oblivious to the danger she was in.As she walked, she hummed an absurdly eccentric and spontaneous song. It was a mix of the long, stretched notes of movie soundtracks, and a madman slamming his hands on piano keys.Busy with this quirky tune, which she obviously made up as she went along, she was oblivious to anyone around her.OOC: Both open for interaction.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC (Kublai)It was time to finish this, even as the none-name sought to pull him down and Kublai resisted him, he knew that others were heading to the site of the call. Others had heard it and it would be the height of folly to assume the beings near him were the only ones who would set out to find it. Kublai suddenly jerked backwards and used the none-names own grip on him against him. He pulled the none-name forwards and slammed the his arm with his shield once more, causing the none-name to lose his grip. As his sparring partner collapsed in a heap on the ground...Kublai calmly strode away and back towards the beings that had been watching the match.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -Well, that made sense, the price was steeper than it seemed, at least to me, carrying a sentient sword, with unknown intentions of her own most likely, seemed like a rather risky and dangerous thing to do. But then again, the power granted might just outway that fact. Now what was really bothering me now was the fact that she knew my name, I hadn't given it. Apparently her powers not only included communicating telepathically, but also reading minds. I suppose that was to be expected, but it still unnerved me, I liked my thoughts to be as private as possible. I suppose carrying a sentient sword around would mean that my thoughts no longer would be. I wondered if I could live with that or not.

IC: FuryDraw the sword. She coaxed.Have a taste of the power. If you don't like it, well, you can simply put me back down. It's not like I haven't got other options coming, I have no need to even attempt to force you to do something you won't want to. There are more beings coming, even if none of those present decide to accept my offer.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Outpost Central): "I'm not quite sure," Almorn replied to Sur'Jah. He wanted to mention the telepathic summons, but he was worried that he would just look crazy."I'm thinking Kra Karda. The Scouts had to leave a lot of tech behind when the Ul'kar invaded. Some of that stuff could still be around, if we can get to it."It was after that when Kublai decided to defeat his opponent."Well it certainly took him long enough..." Almorn muttered to himself.

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: Sar'Jah (Outpost Central)"That sounds alright. I've made a few runs through there in my time. Though, I'd like to get a few things before heading out if that's where we're headed." The Skakdi replied, golden eyes dancing at the prospect. 'And, perhaps, I can test a theory that I've had for a while.'Sar'Jah then rose a hand in greeting to the winning Skrall. OOC: EDIT: Typo fix.Zakaro

Edited by Bounce goes Zakaro!

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Kublai)"Apologies for the delay." Kublai remark was emotionless at best. "He will need time to recover, so we may be short one member. However I believe it is for the best, he was resentful and brash. He would have been unreliable in the field. Happened thrice in the twenty-third clan wars. Strong clans torn apart by internal feuding. Stronger neighbors preyed on them....and there is no stronger neighbor then Ul'Kar." That was all he said by way of an explanation. "We will need to double time our efforts. Can you run for extended periods and on rough ground?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Ketru The toa of gravity continued to walk through the misty tunnel. His face was a blank and any being who tried to read his mind would find a blank too. Mechanically walking through the tunnels, one would wonder if he was truly alive or in some sort of state between life and death. The mists continued as far as the eye could see. using his Kualsi here would be useless as he wouldn't able to see where he was going. Not that he cared; in fact, he didn't really have an opinion on anything anymore. Except for Ul'Kar That one bit of him had managed to remain: his hatred for that pile of goop, the thing that drove him off the surface and into these tunnels. If he ever got his hands on it or on its followers, man, would there be fire and blood. But he wasn't thinking about that at the moment; in fact, he wasn't thinking about anything at all.

IC (Outpost Central): Almorn followed Sar'Jah as he approached the victorious Skrall. He was curious as to why he had been fighting. However, that curiosity disappeared when the Skrall mentioned that they would have to quickly to some destination."If you're short a member," Almorn suggested, "Would you be willing to accept a Toa in your group?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Levacius / CavernThe Toa of Lightning moved to the far end of the cavern, to the stone outcropping that the sword was placed upon. He placed his right hand down against the wall to that side of the sword to provide support as he looked down at the sheathed weapon. "What power do you think you could offer us, sword? At my disposal is the full force of electricity - the power over the charge of every living thing. The capability to start the beating of a heart, or to stop it completely. The ability to destroy with a flick of my wrist."He stopped. "Wow, that was really arrogant sound, wasn't it? I'm not even sure if I can do half of those things. But seriously, though, what kind of power do you offer?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Kublai)Kublai shrugged. "If you can fight and fight well then you are welcome." That was the only requirement Kublai thought anyone needed to know about. The second requirement was not stabbing him in the back, but that likely went without saying and if it did not....well, he could always use the practice. It would also keep him on toes, a useful quality for anyone to possess. Vigilance he had found, was often the key to victory.

IC: Vertak, Entering Tunnels:Vertak nodded to one of the guards as he exited the outpost, drawing his sword and shield as he peered into the darkness.Now or never... so I guess it's now.He slowly took his first step away from the outpost, and then his second, and his third and more as he began to enter the tunnels.