Hunted

otter

OOC: I went through this with Krayzikk already.IC: Levacius / Cavern"Well, I've done dumber things than this." he said, grabbing Fury's hilt and pulling the sword from its sheathe. As he did so, his body was provided its own sheathe; he was cloaked in a shroud of pure, glowing energy - pure power - that began to condense. At first, he seemed to be confidently holding the rapier. Suddenly, he let out a cry of pain, placing his free hand on his head as if he was reeling back from some form of psychic assault.But no, it was worse - it was his entire body; who he was that was in pain. As the energy began to form into a beautiful, golden armoring around him, he thrusted the blade back into its sheathe and gasped in relief, placing his hands on the stone table and panting.He began feeling the air around him, and his heavy breathing began to relax. He leaned against the wall and asked, "What... what did you do... oh, Karz. Ow. That was unpleasant. Also, painful."OOC: That won't happen to anyone else, methinks. And yes, there's a reason you can try to figure out. Or ask.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: FuryHmm. You're rather reliant on your element, aren't you? Fury commented, unconcerned. Power comes at a price. When my blade is drawn, a Toa's innate elemental abilities are canceled. Their masks, as well. There is a reason for this. If your natural abilities and the powers I grant were both active, your bodies would begin to destroy themselves with that level of energy.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Levacius / Cavern"Yeah. And I did." he replied. "But you're going to need to find someone else to do help your work, sword. I think I'll take my chances with the full force of electricity in my hands."He looked over to the far edge of the cave. "Besides, I'm not much for rapiers. And you might have some other friends with you."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC (Outpost Central): "Yes I can fight," Almorn replied, "I've been fighting for years, primarily the Ul'kar. More importantly, I've braved the darkness many times before."Almorn paused and stared at the Skrall. He appeared to be looking past him, absorbed in his own thoughts. Ordinarily he would be able to pick up the other being's thoughts with his mask, but he made it a habit to suppress even its low level ability. He would often pick up too much noise and he considered it rude to be constantly reading someone else's thoughts when they didn't realize it.Almorn coughed slightly and continued, "Are we leaving immediately? I'd like to ask Yolof's permission to leave temporarily."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -"Well, I rely on my skills with the sword more than my mask or element anyway...I've got nothing to lose..." I said as I went over to the sword and grasped it's hilt. I slowly began to pull it out of it's sheath...OOC: I was trying to talk to you in skype Kray... :3 I wanted to talk about exactly what would happen when Skyra pulls out the sword...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Kublai)"Then you are welcome." Kublai paused for a moment and appeared to consider Almorn's last statement. "He has given me permission to gather warriors to me to explore the depths below. If you are a warrior, if the song of battle flows through your veins...then I do not think he will mind." Kublai shrugged. "I would like to move now, there will be others moving to the source of the call we must beat them there....or failing that, ensure they do not interfere in this recovery operation. Or if it is a trap, ensure they do not fall into it."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -As I drew the sword, I felt the air around me heat up as enormous amounts of energy began to envelope me. Unlike Levacius it didn't really feel painful, just sorta weird. Fate backed up from me and whined a little, she wasn't sure what was happening and didn't like it. I felt the access to my elemental and mask powers get completely cut off, a little unnerving, but I had expected this. The energy began to solidify around me becoming jet black and jade colored to match my regular armor, just a lot more shiny and looking in perfect condition, it covered parts of my body my normal armor was rather lacking in, making me look I was wearing slightly more bulky and heavier armor...but it didn't feel heavy at all, in fact I felt...lighter than before. I felt an enormous amount of strength surge through my body, it felt kind good really. Last thing I noticed was a presence in the back of my mind...Fury. "Wow..."

IC (Outpost Central): Almorn hesitated. If Yolof had already given him permission then everything should be find. But he wasn't just an random traveler, he was a guard. Even though he hadn't been given a assignment yet, he was still under Yolof's command; he would probably want to be informed that one of his guards was leaving. But then again, others were racing towards the source of the mysterious signal, so they couldn't wait forever..."Alright," Almorn finally decided, "You lead, I'll follow. So, what might your name be and who else is going on this expedition?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: FuryThis is the power I offer. Fury commented, her words echoing through Skyra's mind. Your strength, your speed, amplified. Armor crafted of my own energy.A few other tricks as well. Consider it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -Oh, I'm definitely considering it... I thought back. The fact of the matter was the offer was way more tempting now that I could feel the power first-hand. I must certainly could manage without my elemental and mask powers, hardly used them to begin with, not when I found swordplay much more effective.

IC: Ketru-Misty tunnelKetru walked.And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked.And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked.And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked.And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked.And walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. Finally, he became bored enough to voice his opinion. "When is this tunnel going to end?!" he yelled.Normally he wouldn't care, but this was getting ridiculous.

Edited by Constructman

IC (Kublai)Kublai grinned for the briefest of moments. "I am Kublai and I confess that I am unsure of that myself. There is a way to tell however." With that, the Skrall warrior was off like a shot from a rifle. What he lacked in maneuverability he made up for with stamina. He would make good time and if any in this group could keep with him...then they would be worthy comrades. In the caves he would need to be more careful of course, but he would still be able to make good time.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Vertak, Tunnels:Vertak glanced back to notice that the outpost was now out of sight. There was definitely no point in turning back now....As he continued to walk, Vertak noticed that the mist seemed to be ever so slightly thinner than it had been at the outpost - so it was true, then, that he would eventually run out of light. When that happened, he would chop whatever came at him up, unless it killed him first.Or brain washed him... but Vertak didn't enjoy thinking about things like that.

IC: Levacius / Caverns"Fancy, but I've seen fancier." Levacius said as he watched the other Toa hold the rapier. "Of course, I hope you know how to use that thing. Armor alone doesn't mean much."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -I was thinking for a reason not to take the offer, any at all...I was surprised that I couldn't find a reason to refuse. I had nothing to lose, and everything to gain from this. The choice for me was obvious. Alright, I accept the offer. I glanced at Levacius. "Of course I know how to use it."

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC: FuryExcellent. In that case, I have one more trick to display. In his hand, Fury started to change. A slight how surrounded her, as her form remade itself in accordance with her will. When it faded, she was no longer a rapier, but a katana. Many characteristics remained the same, white blade, ornate tsuba. In his other hand, her sheath had changed to match.As for names.... You may call me Fury.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Outpost Central): Almorn was certainly surprised when Kublai suddenly took off. This didn't exactly fill the Toa with hope; if his new commander was going to pull this stunt in the tunnels, then things would just go downhill fast."This guy is going to get me killed..." Almorn muttered to himself as he ran after Kublai. He wasn't sure if he was faster than the Skrall, but he could keep up with him. When Franon was still alive, he would have the Scouts run around whatever outpost they were stationed in at the time. Sprinting wasn't a foreign concept to him, especially when you had to keep out of reach of an advancing Ul'kar blob.

"Don't Panic."

IC (Kublai)Fully aware the racing down the tunnels wasn't exactly the height of wisdom, Kublai's plan was to wait for the stragglers at the mouth of the tunnel. It would be a simple enough test of stamina and reaction time. The Toa was managing to keep up with him...which was good. He thought on his feet and adjusted to changing circumstances quickly. He would probably survive this.

IC: Ketren/KaneKetren turned towards the Blind Visionary:. He'd almost not noticed the blind seer as he'd stared into the depths of the well with unseeing eyes. "Fighting with my own shadows?" he said confused. "It must be your lack of sight elder." he said. "I was arguing with my brother." he said. "He seems old and weak, it would be easy for me to push him in." he said walking towards the elder. "No, Kane... I forbid you." he commanded, his blue eyes hard.

Edited by Flex Nard

OOC: Okay Grochi, I'll get moving.IC: Ghaieden / Kra KardaThe Vortixx finally reached the laboratory in the center of the city that Kar had been so interested in. Occasionally, he had glanced and seen at least two others here in the city; scavengers, hoping to find something of use. While they hid in fear, he strode in the middle of the street, his catcher claws in hand as he looked this way and that. He was a coward at heart, and the worst kind at that - the kind of coward that uses others weakness to hide hisown.Watching others cower in fear from him, from Ul'Kar, and from Kra-Karda itself was what he truly needed to strengthen his own waning resolve. No fear was in his heart as he came to the door of the laboratory. He attempted to pull it open, but to no avail. With a dark grin, he pulled his weapon with both hands, and allowed his inner malice and hatred to flow out into a charge of dark energy. With the shadow charged strike combined with the mace-like weapon and his own prodigious Vortixx strength, the door went flying into the complex."Knock knock." he mumbled, going inside to do as his 'master' had asked.IC: Levacius / CavernsLevacius showed some interest as he looked upon the changed blade. "Quite nice. Still, if the swords lovely conversation with me still holds true, I believe that you may be putting your pretty blade to use on our giant, gelatinous friend out in Kra-Karda."He thought a moment. "Oh, and sword? While I thank you for what you said, I wave one response - I'm not that old. And in another ninety thousand years, I still won't be old. Not yet."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Kar:"Good," the voice said, boredly. "Now, Scholar," emphasis on something meant to seem mocking, a trait he'd learned from those who worsrhiped him, "Anything and everything that says Ul'kar on it, or makes any form of vage reference to anything resembling the Ul'kar, or me specifically, you take. And then you obtain that stone, as I told you."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Ghaieden / Kra KardaGhaieden stopped. "Kar, why can't you do this? If you can't get your goo in here, I could just find a really big bucket and just carry you around to places. I'm just saying, I want to be sure my god has not forsaken me, or led me to the great unholy - or it could be holy, I guess it depends on what classification you prefer - place of death."Immediately upon saying the word 'places' he began his search, going through numerous documents and writings and the like mentioning Ul'Kar. As he looked over them, he tried to get glimpses of the information provided and, more importantly, who wrote them to begin with.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC-Kar:"Merely due to the fact that my concentration is elsewhere at the moment," Kar said. Of course, this meant that the part that he left to concentrate on single beings was elsewhere. The other parts, who knew. "As well, were I to attempt to retrieve this, it would lead only to the destruction of that I want. Therefor, I cannot obtain it."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -I'd been admiring the blade, looking it all over, when Levacius began to speak to me, it almost startled me, as I'd been quite transfixed on the blade. "Hmm?" I began as I looked at Levacius. "Giant, gelatinous friend?"

IC: Levacius / CavernsLevacius gave Skyra a strange look. "Ul'Kar." he responded. "The mass of inky pudding that covers the entire cave system? Might have seen it? Might have lost a few loved ones to it? Maybe you were the lucky one?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Skyra - Fury's Cavern -Alright then, sounds like a plan. "Well...farewell." I said to the two beings in the cavern with me, Fate automatically sensed my desire to leave and got up from her sitting position, wagging her tail. I began to make my way back the way I came in.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC: Elirak [Fury's Cavern]"Huh, well that was strangely anticlimatic," I said from my position leaning against the wall. Form there I had seen everything, watching mostly unoticed. "For me anyway. Yo, what's with the shape-changin', armor-givin', Sword Of Doom anyway?" I asked the white-armored Toa nearby. Whatever it was, it seemed to react a bit differently for different people. Least from what I've seen.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Sar'Jah (Near Outpost Central)The Skakdi started. "Wha... Oh! A chase! Chases are fun!" And he took off, clawed feet tearing into the ground. Due to his lither body, he was faster than most of his species, but still wasn't the fastest person around. He made alright time, though, and was able to keep at least Almorn, and sometimes the Skrall, in sight. 'Take a left, then go about 30 bio, and...' All the while, he made a mental map of their course. Always handy in a jam.Zakaro

Edited by Bounce goes Zakaro!

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.