Hunted

otter

OOC: If Fury has an owner now, is she not broadcasting the signal?IC (Near Outpost Central): Almorn could see that Kublai appeared to be slowing down and he adjusted his speed accordingly. However, he suddenly realized that something was missing. The mental call seemed to have vanished."Uh, sir! Hold up!" Almorn had forgotten the Skrall's name again, "I think something has changed..."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Skyra - Tunnels -I traveled along at a rather brisk pace, keeping up with Fate rather easily this time, my newfound strength, thanks to Fury, made running long distances a piece of cake. I wasn't exactly sure where we were even going, but it felt more and more ominous the farther down these tunnels we went, so I assumed this had to be the right way to Kra Karda.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Vertak, The Tunnels:Vertak could feel his heart starting to beat faster as he continued through the thinning mist. The tunnel was beginning to grow darker as he went along, and he'd already come across four cross roads where he'd changed paths. Chances were he wouldn't find the Outpost again.It was just him, any crazy people he might stumble across, and whatever it was that had trapped them down here in the first place.

IC: Levacius / Cavern"An ancient relic. Apparently with some experience from our own Matoran Universe. I'll be perfectly honest, it's not the first intelligent sword I've seen, but it's much nicer than the last one. That sword just growled at us the entire time as we sealed it away behind runes of magic and a cave."He snapped his fingers, generating a spark of electricity. "And yes, magic is real. But no, it's not elemental powers. Completely different."Looking over to the Zyglak he responded, "I suppose I could enjoy company back to the cities. I get bored easily without someone to talk to, something to find, or secrets to find."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Skyra - Tunnels -Let me check.. I the called out to Fate, who was running just in front of me, "How much longer girl?" She gave me a bark in response. We're getting close I think...

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC-Kar:"That is sufficient, Ghaieden," Kar growled within the Vortixx's mind. "Now, keep all those secure, and move over into a seperate building. There is kept a small stone-it's little more than a polished rock of the ground, in appearance, but it is more. I need you to bring it to me-I'm afraid that if any part of me within the city moves, it will collapse, ruining that which I need."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Vertak, The Tunnels:Now Vertak was beginning to grow truly afraid.The mist was thinning, thinning to the point where soon, he could tell there would be no mist. Vertak shuddered, shifted his sword and shield, and continued. Seven steps later, he was in pitch black, unable to see anything in front of him.

IC: Ghaieden / Kra-KardaGhaieden hurried up collecting the pieces of information and stuffing them in a large satchel that he had found, and then strapped the holder on. Doing as his master requested, he exited the building and headed over to the other one, to find the stone that Kar was so interested in.OOC: Levacius would go to all of this trouble just to break the stone at the end.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC - Boran/Aylen - The Well:A figure stalked towards the Well. Unlike the people around him, he was clad in a black mantle, with a dull gold star on it, resting at his left breast as he gathered the mantle around him. Behind and to the left, another cloaked figure walked, his star white. The leader's mask was a marbled white and green, while the second knight's mask was a deep green."Good day, Visionary," Boran said quietly as he stopped short of Ketren.

Edited by Zarayna

IC-Visionary:"Ah, commander Boran," the blind one said with a smile, turning slightly to face the knightly Toa before him. "It's good to see you and Aylen back. Sorry not to give you any rest time, but I need you to go on a mission." That said, the Visionary nodded his head towards Ketren, as well."And I also need you to take him along. It would do the child well."

profiles i guess

IC - Boran/Aylan:"It is well," Boran replied. "The infidels we dispersed gave little fight." He gave Ketren a long, appraising look, noting the twin longswords, the well built form, and the bladed chain. His gaze rested briefly on his Kanohi before he studied the Toa's eyes. "I will take him," he said, looking back at the Visionary. "What is the mission? Should I assemble any other knights?"

IC: Skyra - Tunnels -Sure. I responded, Fate had gone ahead of me and rounded a corner. "Fate! Wait up a sec!" I didn't like it when she did that. I rounded the corner and stopped dead in my tracks. Fate was whimpering and backing up a bit. Before us was the massive city, Kra-Karda. Ul'kar. It was everywhere. I hadn't visited Kra-Karda since it had fallen to the Ul'kar. Fear gripped my heart, but not for myself...I looked at Fate. "Stay here girl." She whined in protest. "Stay." I said a bit more forcefully, she reluctantly sat down where she was, just outside the fallen city. We're here... I said to Fury as I began to walk into the city.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC-Visionary:The Visionary sighed when Boran started talking about driving away the 'infidels'-he disapproved of Boran's thoughts toward the Cultists, but the Toa knew it already. He merely took a more pronounced stance against the Ul'kar and their cult than did most of the Children."Gather as many as you wish," he said, turning away. "You will merely be leading them into the uncharted areas out past the Gate, leading them to where the mists' influence will end...and, likely, farther."

profiles i guess

IC - Boran/Aylan:A slight smile crossed Boran's face under his Kanohi at the Visionary's sigh; while the Visionary focused on mercy, Boran looked to justice, and where the former wished for peace, Boran desired war; or more like the expulsion of the Cultists, whom he viewed as worse than traitors. "To take many would be folly then; I will summon one knight more. And when we reach the uncharted lands, what wouldst have us do?"

IC: Skyra - Kra Karda -Yes, they tend to excel at that... I thought back as I went deeper into the city. I knew exactly where I was headed, toward the Suva Ul...where all the crazy Ul'Kar worshipers resided...if I was gonna get a good fight to test my new abilities, it was there.

IC: Skyra - Kra Karda -Well, thankfully I'm rather light on my feet. I kept moving toward the Suva UI. I was being as quiet and stealthy as possible, it was a good thing I could communicate with Fury telepathically. I was keeping a good eye out for any cults, I was honestly surprised that I hadn't run into any yet. Then again, they could be hiding in the shadows. I quickly braced myself against a wall and hid myself when I saw a Vortixx, who was exiting a building and heading off toward an unknown destination. Well, this just might be our first target. I said, assuming that Fury was still 'looking' through my eyes. OOC: That be Ghaieden, btw

IC: Ghaieden / Kra-KardaGhaieden stopped at the door to the building he had discovered, preparing to open it. Locked. Stepping back, he looked around to see any other possible ways to enter - he didn't particularly feel like bashing down another door. As he looked around, his eyes eventually locked on a Toa in the distance.He inspected the Toa with his catcher claws in hand. This wasn't just another scavenger. This one was just looking for trouble; he could just smell it in the air. Good. He could use a little bit of trouble.OOC: Sword & Dog vs. Spinner & Unholy Mace.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: Actually Skyra's left the Iron Wolf outside the city. So it's just Skyra. IC: Skyra - Kra Karda -I drew Fury from her sheathe, I began to advance on the Vortixx. "What's your business around here?" I asked, he looked like trouble, but maybe he was just a scavenger, so just to be sure I asked.

OOC: Post edited, then.IC: Ghaieden / Kra-Karda"My business is that of the Cult of Ul'Kar, our true and rightful god." he replied. In most places, he would have been more evasive; here, however, it advanced his position in his masters eyes by responding as such here. And after all, what was one Toa with a shiny sword against him, here?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Ghaieden / Kra-Karda"It's a shame you feel that way." Ghaieden replied, raising his catcher claws and charging them with a blast of dark energy, which he sent hurtling towards Skyra.IC: Levacius / Tunnels"Hardly." Levacius replied. "Back in the 'verse, I used to be a traveler. There was plenty of treasure, sure, but the secrets and hidden things about it were far more interesting. Things the Great Beings didn't want people to know about it. And usually, really impressive monsters to fight. Just to spice things up."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Game Master:"Hold, Ketru," the voice within the Toa's head commanded. He was deep within the mists now, and that object he carried with him seemed to gain energy from the glow about it. As well, it was...not unbearable hot, but it was certainly getting warmer as the Toa of Gravity proceeded."I sense something. Multiple somethings," the voice said, seemingly off focus. A dark stone within a stone, sucking in any light about it, giving rise to a sense of anger and hatred; A brightly glowing stone, meticulously carved and polished, oddly familiar, no longer the plain stone it once was; Finally, a sword, crafted of white metal, similar to that which made the object as well-and a consciousness within it, one of power. A sister."Continue, Ketru," the voice commanded again. "But slowly, and make sure to watch carefully-this realm is familiar, and I am not certain that everything here will be friendly."IC-Cotan:"We cannot rely on the support of the people in the formation of a centralized government!" The newest councilor, Yuluk, growled from his seat, causing Cotan to sigh yet again. "They will do-and have done-nothing but act against us. It's a cycle-we attempt to get something done, and then they oppose it, forcing us to back down!" The councilors about him murmured their agreement, a few of them glaring at Cotan."That is merely because, in the past, we have attempted everything without consulting the people," Cotan said calmly. "The people of the underground oppose us due to the fact that we no longer consider them trustworthy enough to consult." The Councilors all rolled their eyes, muttering again, though Cotan banged his staff upon the ground, signalling silence."Proactiveness is all well and good," he told them, "But all too often is our proactiveness merely a disguise for a reaction to dissent among the people-as this meeting seems to have turned to." He glared about, into each Councilor's eyes. "I know the common opinion among you, that the common citizens are nothing but workhorses who should obey our every command, and that any of them who has reached any semblance of wealth is nothing but a thief." Quite a few of those about adopted stony faces, showing easily their disapproval of what Cotan had said. Good."If anything, I say you are the thieves, gaining your wealth from the hard work of those you are supposed to protect," he growled. "You have done nothing but backstabbed those who trusted you in order to reach this position, and now you attempt to undermine the authority of all about you. You treat the common folk, your brothers and sisters, as nothing but slaves that you can use for your personal advancement. That they should obey your every command without question, and any who disagrees must be silenced." He turned about from the group, looking upon one of the tapestries within the chamber."They're just as smart as any of us, and they have the same ability to disagree with us as any of you have to disagree with your peers," he told them. "The fact that none of you seem to understand this sickens me-especially with you, Yuluk," the Turaga said, turning to look upon the Toa of Earth. "You rose up from a position lower than that of most, and now you expect them to follow you without question, as though you are some sort of messiah? You, at least, should no better." He hobbled over to the door to his quarters, pausing to turn back to the others."This meeting is dismissed," he growled. "I will see you next week, and hopefully you will have plans for the formation of a centralized government that does not rely on your own avarice and vanity to push through." As they glared at him, he slowly walked out, closing the door behind him. Once safely in his quarters, he sighed-his words had been true, though he wished he'd had more time to think them over, instead of just spitting them out in his temper. He'd made yet another enemy on that council which he was supposed to lead, and again, they would oppose him with all they had, acting exactly the same as those common folk they so vehemently spoke against.The Turaga pulled out his necklace, averting his eyes somewhat from the glow from the stone upon it, seeming brighter than usual. He traced his fingers along it, taking in the basic Hau shape, before he noticed something-it seemed to have an almost magnetic tug to it, seemingly trying to pull away from him, and out into the tunnels. His eyes narrowed in curiosity as he looked at the stone, before he put it away. Problems for later.IC-Kar:"Ghaieden, you fool," Kar growled within the Vortixx's mind, "Ignore this annoying Toa. I need you to obtain that stone-it is far more important than any hyped-up Toa of Air with a talking sword." That message given, the Ul'kar shifted that portion of its attention over to Skyra and the sword he carried, Fury."Based on what you've heard, yes," the voice said mockingly. "And I'm not surprised that you've heard little. But, ah..." Skyra could almost feel a physical pain as the foreign mind forced Fury aside, taking advantage of the surprise, and forcefully searching through the Toa's memory."Hmmph," it muttered. "Toa, I recommend that you leave, quickly. And find a place to leave that sword when you do-it's much too powerful for you to handle. I'm surprised its left you safe this long." Meanwhile, Fury would be feeling a similar tug that Cotan felt through his stone, now that her concentration was released.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: Skyra - Kra Karda I dodged the blast of dark energy by sidestepping to the left quickly. Thanks to Fury my physical attributes were double what they normally would of been, and so dodging the attack had been a lot easier than I had expected. "Is that all you-" I suddenly grimaced as Fury was pushed aside and I felt my memories forcefully searched by a different presence, one that was somewhat terrifying. Get out of my head! I thought back at Kar with a growl, backing away from Ghaieden. Having my mind invaded had thrown me off completely.

IC: Ghaieden / Kra KardaSlightly disappointed, Ghaieden continued the second charge he was building in his catcher claws and used it to help in destroying the second door. This one was smashed into the ground as a pile of scrap metal; nothing more. With that, he triumphantly entered into the building, seeking the stone that Ul'Kar had sent for him to get as the abomination kept his new enemy occupied.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Kar:"Out of your head?" the Ul'kar growled, though it seemingly laughed too. "Why, I would never wish to do that. Kneel, Toa, and bow your head to a more powerful being." Skyra found himself falling to his knees, his head forced downwards as the Ul'kar exerted a small portion of its power over him, before letting him stand."But I say again, that sword is not safe for one such as you-you would do well to release it. All in the name of friendly advice."

profiles i guess

IC-Game Master:"Hold, Ketru," the voice within the Toa's head commanded. He was deep within the mists now, and that object he carried with him seemed to gain energy from the glow about it. As well, it was...not unbearable hot, but it was certainly getting warmer as the Toa of Gravity proceeded."I sense something. Multiple somethings," the voice said, seemingly off focus. A dark stone within a stone, sucking in any light about it, giving rise to a sense of anger and hatred; A brightly glowing stone, meticulously carved and polished, oddly familiar, no longer the plain stone it once was; Finally, a sword, crafted of white metal, similar to that which made the object as well-and a consciousness within it, one of power. A sister."Continue, Ketru," the voice commanded again. "But slowly, and make sure to watch carefully-this realm is familiar, and I am not certain that everything here will be friendly."
IC: KetruKetru obeyed the command. Drawing his saber, he slowed down his pace and got into a ready stance, preparing to unleash the power of gravity on whatever may cross his way. Whoever this voice was, it seemed to be sensing something that Ketru was not something dangerous.