Hunted

otter

Game Master:Just as Ghaieden landed, firmly on the other side, his stone stopped tugging, momentarily, as did Cotan's stone, and Fury's...blade. The light far ahead of the Vortixx grew brighter, surprising him, and Ketru, with its intensity. The light then pushed against Ketru, inciting him to run faster, as Ghaiden began to move up behind.When he noticed something. The Shadows were moving, seperating into forms similar to those of Toa and Matoran and other species, coming up to inhabit the airspace as they ambled through the tunnel, not stopping.The tugging that was felt by the first three beings, through their items, began anew. Trying to draw them through the singular tunnel, as though there were no moving shadows within. Even then, a skeptical being would not assume danger, they would merely chalk it up to the light and the mists interacting oddly. Other beings, however, would have different theories. Different things to worry about.And this far out in the tunnels, Ghaieden and Ketru were all alone.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Fortis (Ghettos, Av-Metru)"Helloooo, Turaga."The sharp voice rang out from behind Cotan, and when the Turaga turned around, he saw a young Toa of Iron advancing towards him, playing with a straight razor. His eyes were those of a shark, careful, gleaming, yet hungry; instantly, the experienced old man felt a slight shiver of fear, replaced by determination."Odd pick for a midnight stroll, eh?" Fortis quizzed him.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Interesting choice of avatar TD.IC: Ghaieden / Where the Light Doth RunGhaieden didn't notice Ketru at first - all he noticed was how happy he was to be in a straight tunnel forward, rather than leaping from stone to stone. Oh well. Time to finish the mission.He noted the shadows, but didn't particularly care. He just attributed it to being Ul'Kar or one of his minions watching him.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Sar'Jah (Tunnels)The Skakdi paused at Almorn's question, listening carefully. Acting reflexively, he attempted to find whatever it was, if there was anything, by sight.Nothing. Only the sound of the group's breathing. He scowled. If there was one thing Sar'Jah absolutly hated, it was not knowning what was out there. Whether it was living, or not."Nada."One hand slipped into his satchel, grasping a stone. For being ambushed, completely unaware of it, could mean death. Especially with the Ul'Kar.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC: I knew you, of all people, would get the meaning behind it, Lev. =PIC: Fortis (Ghettos, Av-Metru)"What's a man, if he denies his birthright, hmm, Cotan?" Fortis asked with a shrug, spinning 360 degrees on his heel with a slight flourish. "As for you, however, you can just chalk up my line of questioning to curiosity. I'd assumed you'd try and stay as far away from the Skirts as possible, to be frank."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC KetruFinally, after a long time of walking, the mists came to an end. It felt strange to leave the mistis after having been in them for so long. He looked around.OOC to wrote something descriptive, I need to know where he isIgnore aboveIC KetruKetru's eyes darted around the cavern. Calling out to the other being in the tunnel, he said in a robotic tone "who are you?"

Edited by Constructman

IC: Ghaieden / Where the Light Doth RunWhen he hurt Ketru, Ghaieden stopped. He wasn't alone, then. This was bad - whoever was talking was straight ahead. That meant they had the advantage of not having light shining in their eyes if they turned to face him... other than the mists, of course, which covered the tunnel.He readied his catcher claws with shadow energy as he advanced through the mists.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Ghaieden / Where the Light Doth RunGhaieden began moving closer and closer after Ketru, until he could see the vague outline of the figure ahead. He appeared to have given up and just continued on. Good - then he wouldn't see what hit him next. Ghaieden raised his arm and fired three Rhotuka spinners. Energy, and completely silent... aimed at the ground to the left, right, and just behind his enemy. He didn't mind a direct hit or not - he just wanted to catch the target in the stasis burst.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Kublai)"No. I hear nothing. That probably means something got here before us and ate everything that could make a sound."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Ghaieden / Where the Light Doth RunGhaieden came up behind Ketru and raised his arm again, powering a second spinner - this one aimed for a direct hit. He put himself a few Bio outside of the range of its burst affect and said, "I apologize, but I can't have somebody coming up from behind me..."OOC: Why would he swear? I thought he was robotic and emotionless, and thus immune to rage, and thus its expression.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Cotan:"Come now, I do have to follow some of the rules," Cotan said, rolling his eyes. "But if you're so eager to work for me, I've got another job that would work for you."IC-Game Master:Ghaieden's assumption that those shadows were just the Ul'kar watching him were wrong indeed. The Ul'kar had no power over these-yet. A shadowy hand reached out, grasping Ghaieden, drawing him into some nether world, his spinner flying uselessly off in the distance.A face, perfectly preserved and yet more lacking in emotions than even Ketru's stared at him, pain seeming to emanate from its cold eyes."Why do you disturb us, interloper?" it asked. "Why have you awoken us again, to live out our torment? Why have you brought us back only partway?"

profiles i guess

IC: Fortis (Skirts, Av-Metru)"Check my medical records and look for the last time I had a hairline fracture running across my skull. That should help you find an answer."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Cotan:Cotan quickly took the stone he kept about his neck off, seeming to lose his general vitality for a moment, before straightening himself as he tossed it to Fortis, the other Toa deftly catching the item."Feel where that thing is pulling?" he asked gruffly, his voice somewhat feebler. "Better yet: Do you know what that things is?"

profiles i guess

IC-Cotan:"The Turaga of Metru-Nui. This is the stone that they used to represent Mata-Nui," the Turaga supplied. "Or, at least, the inside of that stone, without the shell. A shard from the heart of Metru-Nui itself, supposedly with a direct, spiritual link to the Great Spirit." He sighed, shaking his head."They left it in my safekeeping. And now it has picked up on something, something important...and I'm no longer strong enough to search out what it is." He smiled slightly."I need a younger, braver soul to do this."

profiles i guess

IC-Cotan:"How'sabout I keep you out of prison?" Cotan said with a grin. "The Guards around here do pay attention to what you people do, and they can make assumptions rather quickly. I'm the only one who has been telling the Councilors that assumptions aren't good enough. Assuming my opinion slips, though..."

profiles i guess

IC: Fortis (Skirts, Av-Metru)Fortis, young, brash, and cocky as ever, didn't look impressed."The Council's reach doesn't extend this far out. This is my corner of the sky, Turaga, and as long as it stays sunny and doesn't get screwed with, it doesn't try and expand where it doesn't belong. You wouldn't risk upsetting that balance by getting rid of me, so, again, I ask you: what's in it for moi?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME