The Light Meets the Dark

Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: You might want to read my last post, DTS - the big one titled Act One. But for recollection purposes -[GameMaster]The Shop, It Got RobbedTebebrae entered the store only to find the Matoran shopowner was dead - holes pierced his body at numerous points, but no other signs of trauma were seen. There was the cloak on the ground, but nothing else.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Unorxid (Metru-Sumonu)Unfortunately for Vorasku, Unorxid caught sight of the Po-Matoran and took off, heading towards the outer edge of the city. Glancing over his shoulder every once in a while to check if the Stone Matoran was still following, he pondered a few things over in his head. 'I will lead him into my trap, then show him my evil plan and execute it right in front of his heroic eyes! I shall triumph over good!'"Muahahahahaha!"Zakaro

IC: Vorasku

This is getting to be more trouble than it's worth. Still, I need to find out what that Matoran is up to, and if I have been targeted for a reason. After this thought, Vorasku ran after Unorxid, slowly narrowing the distance between them.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Viloz (Metru-Sumonu)Viloz alleviated the pressure on Norkaron for a moment then removed his foot. He snatched the widgets away with a deft hand and quickly counted the widgets promised to him. Satisfied, a small grin crept onto his face as he stood behind the Skakdi laying on the floor. That bargain earned him what the meal cost plus an extra two-hundred in total.Score."Now then...where's the person who had the lovely thought of throwing you out of that bar?"
IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): "That would be me" proclaimed Karoro, stepping thrpough the hole in the wall that Nokaron's body had made. He hadn't followed immediately because he had pacified the barfight before keeping after his original target. To be honest, he was surprised that Skakdi still had it in him to limp off after being thrown around by two beings with super-strength. "Karoro - Metru-Sumonu Guard" he introduced himself. "Apparently I owe you some thanks for knocking that criminal around".

ppg2.png

IC: Viloz (Metru-Sumonu)Rats. This guy was with the MSG, not some pushover Viloz could easily pummel without running into trouble with the law. What a bitter disappointment. Viloz ran a hand across his head, wiping the smirk off his face and approached Karoro with a professional air, concealing his anger."Apparently so. You crashed my table and cost me a lot of widgets, my good man." he said expectantly without coming off too harsh or accusatory, despite it being the point of that comment. "Viloz, Kirak Guard."

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): "If you want compensation, take it up with the guys back at base" he replied with disinterest - his mind was still on the Skakdi. "That is, if what the Skakdi gave you doesn't already cover it. Now, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I still have a score to settle with him".

ppg2.png

IC: NorkaronThe skakdi approached the river. Kneeling down in it, he submerged his mangled lft arm in it. The water soothed it, that is, if he could still feel anything in it. He kneeled down to the river and began to drink. The waters were refreshing and rejuvenating; in minutes, he felt some of his old strength returning. Grimly, he stood up, and followed the river southwest.

IC: Viloz (Metru-Sumonu)Getting punched in the face by muscle man here for an extra 20 widgets was an awful deal. Not to mention that having a massive bruise the size of a fist on your face didn't go away very fast and would hurt like karz for a long time. Now if it was 200 widgets instead and he could punch back...naaaaah."No deal. Twenty widgets and he's yours." Viloz replied, holding out an open hand.

IC:Another morning in Metru-Sumonu. Slowly, Strata pried his eyelids open, trying to see what was going on around him. It was a standard practice for him. Every night, he'd head down to the Sumonu Bar & Grill, drink until his liver was within an inch of its life, and generally wake up in a strange new house, in bed with a woman who he had never seen before, and who he would (hopefully) never see again.Turns out, today would be no different.He turned his head to the left, spotting a large, light-catching window. Turning to the right, he saw a sleeping Ga-Matoran, her back turned to him, snoring peacefully.Alright, time to go.Shifting slightly, he pressed on hand to the window, pushing it open so that he could climb out, and hopefully jump onto the street. Dragging himself into a crouching position, Strata opened the window fully, swinging one leg out into the air. Taking a deep breath, the Ba-Matoran closed his eyes, and flopped out of the opening, ready to feel the hard stone road.He did. Except, a few dozen feet higher than he expected.Slamming face-first in the street from three stories up doesn't usually feel good. No exception this time, but at least Strata was starting to get used to the feeling. Slowly climbing to his feet, the Matoran staggered his first few steps, still reeling from a smashed head, and a hangover.C'mon Strata. This is no way for the populous to see you.Schlepping across the street, Strata headed off in an arbitrary direction, hoping to find something interesting.OOC: Open for interaction.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OoC: That was the most un-Bionicle Bionicle thing I've seen on BZP. Bravo. :PIC- Tenebrae (Metru-Somonu):Tenebrae slowly pushed the door open, thanking the Great Beings that he took good care of his stuff. He paused when he saw what had gotten in: a young Energy Hound... and it was eating his lunch. The silver-armored creature was ripping into a bag of food when he turned, nostrils flaring."Well," he said calmly. "And who might you be?" He couldn't see a collar on the Rahi, just a manacle around his right paw. It looked thin, undernourished, and very, very hungry. The Energy Hound growled, the spines on his back flaring up. Tenebrae opened the door and oh-so-slowly made his way to the other side of his shop. It was just hungry, and he was sure that it would let itself out when it was finished eating.

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): Karoro moved a quickly as he could while still checking every side-street for signs of his quarry. At first, he had been able to follow a trail of rock dust and tiny droplets of blood that the Skakdi shook off his armour as he moved, but after a short time, that dried up, so even though he knew the general direction, he didn't know where the Skakdi had gone. Walking further towards the river, h e eventually stopped a glint of bright red armour moving downstream around a corner.Good fortune strikes again he thought smugly to himself. He won't stay free for long now. Again, he copied the roporak's power and moved stealthily after the Skakdi until he was close enough to srtike again. With a roar, his long, chainsaw-like weapon sprung into life as Karoro swung it Nokaron's back. He didn't care what it would take, but after the effort he had put into chasing this Skakdi across town, he would bring this guy in one way or another.IC (Hatann, Metru-Sumonu): “Let’s try this again” the black Skakdi growled, emptying another zamor sphere full of acid onto the Vortixx’s prone body. “When do you plan of coughing up the cash you owe? I’ll help you out – there is only one right answer”.The tall, green Vortixx squirmed in pain where she lay on her shop floor. The long, clawed fingers of her bound hands dug into her palms as she clenched them as hard as she could, trying to block out the pain as the armour on her chest continued to fizzle and dissolve, allowing the acid to slowly seep into the flesh beneath. Hatann kept his gaze locked onto hers, not affording her any chance to evade the question. They had been through this cycle before – each time ending in “later”, but now, her creditor’s patience had run out, and they had promised Hatann a substantial share for him to go and retrieve the funds.“I don’t… have it” she groaned, gritting her teeth so as not to give the Skakdi the satisfaction of seeing her scream. Since the destruction of Taunn, she had lost many of her investments in that city, and things had been difficult in the world of business. Few were willing to lend money, and those who did charged extortionary interest.“Wrong answer” Hantann said grimly, though he recognised the truth in her words. Unfortunately for the Vortixx, things would be better if she had been lying. Hatann had been instructed not to leave without payment, and since there was no gold to be had, he would need to deliver it in other ways. “You stay there” he told the prisoner, “And don’t try anything”. Just to make sure his instructions were followed, he made eye contact with the Vortixx and let rip with his laser vision. Two beams of searing light burned their way into the back of her eyes, burning out her retinae and blinding her. This time, she did scream, though Hatann doubted that anyone would hear her from the small storage room at the back of her shop.Leaving her writhing on the ground, Hatann went to work gathering anything and everything of value from the building. Merchandise, the little cash that was around, and the Vortixx’s personal belongings all piled up in a rough stack. He was presently surprised to find that she had some attractive Xian jewellery hidden in a safe. Even though it would look ridiculous on him, he knew it would pay well on the black market. He piled up everything that might be of worth, from the long knife the Vortixx had foolishly held against him when he first arrived to the papers showing ownership of the land. With his task here almost done, he returned to the Vortixx, who had now given up on struggling and lay still, with her breath coming in ragged gasps.Taking out her knife, he brought it down in one swift stroke, removing her head from her shoulders. The knife appeared to be Xian-made, so it cut easily through the living tissue. Blood quickly began to flow from the exposed veins, pooling on the stone floor. Rather than letting it lie, he scooped some of it up, along with the remaining acid from the zamor spheres he had spent. Working quickly so as not to let the mixture dry, he slathered it onto a block of wood he always kept with him, before pressing it up against the wall behind the Vortixx’s body. The imprint it left was in the shape of a catapult scorpion with its tail held high, ready to strike. It was burned into the wall by the acid, and the indent left by the silhouette was filled in with his victim’s blood. It was his signature mark, his way of proclaiming responsibility for his crimes. After all, he had a reputation to keep up. It was no good going to the trouble of doing things like this if they didn’t generate the fear and respect that a being like him deserved. That sort of reputation was what had kept Hatann in business throughout his life, first as a hired killer on Zakaz, and then later when he joined the Dark Hunters, and now finally as an agent of the Black Sickle Gang. Beings would pay for his services when they knew he would deliver, on time and exactly as promised. That was his reputation, and Hatann was proud of it. Shouldering his (now considerably heavier) backpack, he stepped out of the shop and closed the door behind him. Keeping carefully to the shadows, Hatann slunk through the dark alleyways towards the Black Sickle’s headquarters, where he would be able to contact his client with news of another successful outing.

ppg2.png

IC: NorkaronNorkaron heard a roar. And a buzzing noise. Fortunately, he was just moving aside to start his trip to Ariv. He saw a chainsaw held by an invisible entity embed itself in the riverbank. Out of panic, he fired blast after blast of heat vision and lightning bolts at the chainsaw and the area around it.

IC (Karoro): Frustrated that he a blown his best chance at attacking unnoticed, Karoro jerked his weapon back and prepared to strike again, before he was assaulted with a barrage of energy. His armour was scorched in several places, and it hurt like being attacked like a swarm of hoto bugs, but he was a being who dealt in pain. This was his territory, and he wouldn't let it master him. "Give it up, Skakdi" he commanded, his voice deep and hoarse from the electric shocks. "You can't keep running forever. You'll be spending tonight in prison no matter what you do".

ppg2.png

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): Well, suit yourself then Karoro thought. Let's see you use that vision with a black eye. Harnessing his pain from the burns, he stepped around the latest burst of vision power to bring himself right up close to the Skakdi and slammed his (still camoflaged) fist forward with the intention of reducing that big, stupid grin to so many tiny fragments.

ppg2.png

OOC: Hey Lorax, mind if Viloz is Hatann's client and they could meet each other soon? Intertwine their stories a bit, interaction and all that. Unless of course, you had other plans in mind. If you're interested PM me :)IC: Viloz (Metru-Sumonu)"Too bad." Viloz muttered, slightly disappointed. Still, he ended up better off now than when he this little incident took a merry stroll into his life and thus, he was a happy man in the end. Unfortunately, the lion in his stomach begun its assault anew, clawing at his insides and begging to be fed. Additionally, authorities were beginning to swarm the area and someone was certain to rat him out. Viloz would have none of it any more.So he bounced.For a man of brute strength, he moved with swift ease and disappeared into the crowd like a thief would, escaping what was sure to be a perilously long interrogation. More importantly, he'd be missing out on food. That thought incited the beast to churn his stomach again, earning a vile curse in the form of a whisper. He had to find a place fast, anywhere, somewhere cheap with instantaneous service, somewhere-A Matoran fell from the sky. Wait, no, that can't be right, that's impossible. To boot, there is no sky. It all fell. Goes to show how hard it was for one to accept such a change...he missed it. Clouds, stars, the sun, absolutely every single detail. Strange how such a small misunderstanding brought on a deep sensation of nostalgia and how sidetracked it could get you. First looking down at the being picking himself up, then above, he realized the sucker jumped from a window. Even after falling face-first into the hard floor, he was good to go and began walking, obviously haggard. What a pro.I can only guess what that was about. he thought. Smirking, he followed the Matoran and caught up to a trot beside Strata, dwarfing him in size. The Kirak Guard had time for a bit of fun, small talk. Then food."Running away?" Viloz asked playfully.

Edited by Mr. Wade

OOC: From the punch landing, can I infer that the intention of breaking all of Nokaron's teeth was fulfilled? You did n't say what the effects were, so I'm not quite sure where to go from here.IC (Karoro): Karoro didn't care how much heat the Skakdi fired from his eyes. The beams just caused more pain when they hit Karoro's fist and so made the punch even stronger.OOC: @ Mr. Wade, sure, all the better.

ppg2.png

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): Karoro caught the blow on his own weapon, and in a grindiong of metal, his modified chainsaw began its work on the amp. "Give it up Skakdi" he repeated. "I can keep this up all day. Surrender now, and you'll get off easier". To back up his point, he aimed a kick at Nokaron's ribs.

ppg2.png

OoC: I think I just built the first Longfang MOC in the history of Bionicle.IC- Tenebrae (Metru-Somonu):The Rahi ate his fill, glanced at Tenebrae, and curled up on the warm floor next to the forge."The Karzahni?" he murmured. The Energy Hound let out a content sigh, and promptly fell asleep. "Where's a Rau when I need one...?"

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): "Ugh, finally" Karoro grunted as his opponent finally keeled over. There was still the matter of bringing his captive in to the prison where he would wait for sentencing, but he thought there was time for a little more fun first. Without moving from the spot where he had been when he delivered the kick, Karoro lifted his zamor launcher and pointed another pain-inducing sphere at the Skakdi's prone body. This chase had given him enough pain to satisfy him, but his addiction demanded ever-greater amounts, so he would not turn down the chance to inflict a bit more for his own enjoyment. He pulled the trigger.

ppg2.png

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): As Nokaron's flesh seemed to burn like the stings of a dozen kofo-jaga, Karoro threw back his head in euphoria. A boost of strength rushed into him with the accompanying rush of adrenalin. The depraved guard loved that feeling more than anything else in life - suffering was liked food to him. No, not just food, a banquet of delicasies that he could cram into his mouth while the juices ran down his chin. He laughed out loud with the pleasure of it.Finally, when he had consumed his fill, he redirected his focus back onto the Skakdi before him. "You can expect more of that later on" he hold him. "Take it as a lesson to do what you're told. But now, I'll be taking you back to jail. You can recover a bit in there."Once again, he focussed on his mask, this time using the ability of a fikou. Those little spiders were renouned for the strong webbing they produced, and Karoro pointed his hand at the prisoned and sent a steady stream of it from his fingers. It fell in thick strands around the Skakdi, sticking strongly onto his armour to bind him in place.

ppg2.png

IC: NorkaronNorkaron allowed Karoro to do this. He could just burn it off later. Even if he didn't his heat vision could also be used to break his way out of jail. He was more prepared for an escape than this sadist of a guard could ever know...

Edited by Constructman

IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): Karoro wasn't in any hurry to finish tying the prisoner up. After how much trouble he had been to bring down, he knew it would be worth it to do a good job of trussing him up. He continued to shoot the strong webbing at the Skakdi, wrapping him up securely in knotted loops until not a single bit of his red armour showed through the layers of grey threads. He payed particular attention to the face, where the webbing became stained red with blood leaking from Nokaron's mouth. He didn't want to suffocate his captive, but on the other hand, he wanted to contain those eye-beams as much as possible.As for the criminal's club, he picked that up from where it had fallen when its owner collapsed and tied it onto the sheath that carried his own weapon. He was sure someone in the guard would be able to find a use for it: maybe some of the MSG's new recruits would want to use it in their training spars. With the situation all wrapped up, he picked up the bundle of webbing, which, thanks to all the pain he had fed on, seemed as light as a feather, and carried it at arms' length in front of him, heading back to base.

ppg2.png

IC: Unorxid (Leaving Metru-Sumonu)Though the Po-Matoran was gaining on him, slowly but surely, Unorxid still made good enough time to get to his trap before Vorasku. The Onu-Matoran veered behind a largish rock, and then jumped back into it, hidden from sight. He grabbed a string from the ground, and made sure the pit was still there. If all went well, the other being would trip and fall straight into his trap!'Muahahahaha!'Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: NorkaronThis was unexpected. Now that trying to burn his way out of the webbing would take too long, Norkaron would have to gamble on the fact that he may or may not be thrown into jail rather than being promptly executed. If they decided to give him the axe, well, not much he could do about that. Still, he could escape, but without the element of surprise, that would just be asking for your death on a silver platter.

IC- Tenebrae (Metru-Somonu):With the sleeping Energy Hound right next to his forge, Tenebrae turned his attention to his latest invention: the Zamor Rifle. It followed the same principals as a standard Zamor launcher, using extreme force to hurl a Zamor Sphere at a target, but using greater force. How? By factoring a Gravity Disc into its design. By storing gravitational energy, it could release it when being fired, propelling a Zamor over a distance of up to a half-kio, depending on the type. Here was the basic assault version, and would fire a Zamor up to 100 bio.I amaze myself sometimes, he thought.

Vorasku had been gaining on the Matoran when he saw him going behind a large rock. Thinking that odd, he slowed his pace, though he soon began to run again, thinking that Unorxid had simply ran behind the rock for a short time, and would then begin running again. As he neared the pit, he wondered where Unorxid had gone. However, before he had time to stop, he had tripped and fallen into the pit, landing hard on his back.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Unorxid (Outside Metru-Sumonu)Quickly, the Onu-Matoran got a strange metal framework, almost like bars, and pulled it across the pit. A bit tired from his exercise, he leaned against the rock for a few moments before speaking. "Greetings. I am Unorxid, your captor and evil mastermind. I have brought you here today to... To... Can you wait for a second? I'm making this up on the go, bear with me."Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Vorasku looked up, and noticed he was trapped, which angered him to a significant degree. Still, it was only one Matoran, and one that Vorasku did not doubt he could fight if he had to. After hearing Unorxid's speech, Vorasku couldn't help but laugh a little. This guy? An evil mastermind? At length, Vorasku spoke: "What reason do you have to trap me down here?" he asked, in a tone showing his anger.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: NorkaronThis was unexpected. Now that trying to burn his way out of the webbing would take too long, Norkaron would have to gamble on the fact that he may or may not be thrown into jail rather than being promptly executed. If they decided to give him the axe, well, not much he could do about that. Still, he could escape, but without the element of surprise, that would just be asking for your death on a silver platter.
OOC: So can I take that as saying he won't try to escape on the journey? If so, here's the result. If not, PM me and I'll change it to something more suitable.IC (Karoro, Metru-Sumonu): Karoro attracted more than a few odd looks as he walked down the street carrying a Skakdi-sized bundle of webbing which occasionally wriggled uncomfortably, but he didn't concern himself much over them. He did plenty of things he would prefer that the public didn't know about, and he wasn't about to start explaining himself to them now. The walk took him about half an hour to get back to the Guard station, which sat on top of a hill near the city's edge. He tiredly waved his identification at the guards on the main gate, and they let him on through without question. Nokaron wasn't the first felon he had brought in wrapped up in webs, and while it was far from standard proceedure, nobody had yet tried to argue with the results.Taking a key out of his armour, he carried the Skakdi to a smaller building separate from the main headquarters. This was where the MSG kept their captives before they could be transferred to Gesph. He unlocked the heavy iron door and pulled it open to reveal a stoen staincase that lead underground. A pair of guards met them at the bottom, and curiously eyed the package Karoro was carrying. "Here's a new one for you" Karoro told them, shrugging the bundle off his shoulder and letting it fall to the floor. "Skakdi. Shoots lightning and heat beams. Theft, destruction of property, resisting arrest, assaulting an officer, and whatever else I can think of to throw at him."The guards nodded their understanding, and went to move the Skakdi into his very own prison cell, complete with bare stone walls, and just enough room to lie down in. They didn't bother with removing the webs - they seemed to be doing a good enough job at holding him, and they wouldn't need to actually see the Skakdi until it was decided what to do with him. Meanwhile, Karoro left him in their capable hands while he tiredly walked back up the stairs and out of the jail. He would have to report to his superior officer about the chase and inform the relevant beings that they had a new passenger for the next trip down to Gesph.IC (Hatann, Metru-Sumonu): Across town in a rather differnt base of operations, Hatann was relaxing and recovering from his latest excursion. The black Skakdi reclined contentedly in a large tub of steaming hot water, letting the dead Vortixx's blood soak off his armour and flow away. It was good, he reflected, being one of the bosses in the Black Sickle gang. It afforded one certain luxuries that the common criminal wouldn't noramlly get, as well as the opportunities for increased profit and power. Profit that this Skakdi felt was put to excellent use in his private spa.Now, speaking of profit, he had made pleasing amounts that day, but even with the hard work over, he wasn't quite finished yet. there was still the matter of delivering the spoils to his client. Raising himself up out of the water, he found a tablet and quickly wrote a message on it, informing the toa that he had been successful in his endeavour and that the transaction could be completed in a rented room at the Dark Abyss Saloon. Signing off the message with a crude sketch of a scorpion, he prepared himself for the outing. He repacked his backpack with the wealth he had stripped from the Vortixx's home, and more carefully this time, wrapping it in rags to make sure it wouldn't rattle as he moved and betry what the bag held. He replaced the zamors he had spent with fresh ones from his stock before tightening his armour, grabbing his launcher and mace and covertly slinking out of Black Sickle HQ.He moved almost silently across the city, heading for the house of Viloz. Nobody batted an eyelid as he passed by, thanks in part to the long eveining shadows, but more to Hatann's millennia of practise at stealthily avoiding his enemies and infiltrating their homes. He pushed the tablet underneath Viloz's door, knowing the message would be recieved whenever the toa returned home, and then went to wait at the Saloon. If the toa knew what was good for him, he would not be waiting long.

ppg2.png

IC: Unorxid (Outside Metru-Sumonu)"Well, I need a place too keep you while I think of a plan, get it ready and then present it! After that we'll fight, then we can see if evil triumphs over good, or the other way around!" The Onu-Matoran said, before sighing. Nothing was really coming to him...'I do hope he's a hero... Otherwise I'll need to go find another one.'Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

"What makes you think one of us is good, and the other evil?" he asked, thinking about how he planned to escape.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET