Maze Craze

Kal the Guardian

No. In my history of my characters, there is something big that starts everything on the Island of Avoidance, then decades and centuries follow and Dreamland happens, then centuries after that (or maybe decades, who knows?) Night Ride and Day Run happen. This RPG isn't set in the Day Run Universe, unlike all my other RPGs. Rather, it deviates from it. A few Millenia pass from when people begin to be taken underground. Around halfway through Violet Orange's history, the events on the Island of Avoidance take place, spawning most of my characters. But as that is happening, the original monsters attack and pull everyone underground.TLDR: They haven't happened and won't, in this RPG's history.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Sorry about one-line post. Just let me get back into my three-line post attitude.*Sounds of eldritch abomination moving brain to another part of body.*Here we go.
Eh, it's fine. It's just that that was the shortest first post I have ever seen anyone make. I was totally laughing when I saw it.

When I first read your RPG this was the first thing that appeared in my mind. I may make more characters later but for now I'll just have one.Name: AbysmSpecies: ToaGender: MaleAlliance: He is more of a neutral figure but many Purged would consider him Crazy.Appearance: He has the body of a Toa. He stands seven feet six inches tall and his body is heavily muscled. His eyes seem to be blood red voids; look into them too long and someone could go mad or madder if they are already insane. His skin no longer exists, it boiled off and has since been replaced by a carapace of black, dried blood; thicker and in many cases stronger than many normal weapons.Weapons: noneMask: nonePower: He can use his aura to achieve what is functionally telekinesis. He can seemingly speak most languages fluently without any effort. He also has quite a large amount of physical strength and an extremely high pain tolerance.Personality: Sane and insane are words that can’t be used to describe this being for he is both and neither. He always seems to be levelheaded regardless of what is happening around him and he feels no fear. Whether his strange and screwy brain can’t handle the emotion or it simply does not have the ability to produce it remains to be seen but it is certain that he feels no fear and pain holds little power over him.Biography: Recently a Toa in flawless, black armor walked through the Obsidian Doors. He was perfectly sane and in fact he was a powerful and mighty warrior. He claimed to have defeated one of those terrifying beasts from above in single combat and more surprisingly he had come here alone.But this was not to last. Three days later his eyes fogged over and the next he spoke in a language that no one could understand; if it was a language at all. A week later he spoke backwards and with a cacophony of voices. A week after that he grew unbelievably hungry and ended up eating his own weapons, shield and even armor. Soon after his skin boiled off and he started bleeding a lot but somehow he didn’t die. Then the blood hardened, his madness subsided and it seemed as if something else controlled this beings’ body.No longer did he need a mask to sustain himself and at the same time he had no elemental powers. This new being could use its aura to manipulate its environment, he could speak almost any language without effort and more importantly this new creature had no fear.

APPROVED. But on one condition. You must do something awesome with this guy.
And here I thought that was a rule for every character. >.>-ibrow
It's an unwritten rule that most people don't follow. Most Day Run characters have stuck true to this rule.

Name: SableSpecies: Toa/Sand

Alliance: Purged

Appearance: Varies, usually a tall Toa wearing gunmetal grey armour with yellow highlights.

Weapons: Can extract weapons from his mass, or shape-shift his limbs into weapons.

Mask: Kanohi Suletu, Great Mask of Telepathy.

Power: Elemental Control of Sand. Form comprised of Sand, capable of shape-shifting.

Personality: Very eccentric and somewhat egotistical, but extremely charismatic.Biography: Once a Toa of Stone, Sable foolishly travelled into the Cavern of the Unseen, and was destroyed by the horror terrors. As a being of strong mind, he managed to retain his sanity long enough to transfer his consciousness into a body of sand, and displace the part of his brain holding the memories of the Cavern into a vial, Purging himself. He keeps this vial within his person at all times. Should the vial break, Sable will go insane. He returned to Underterror, becoming a small-time thief with a well-decorated hut.

Accidentally posted this in the profile topic. My mistake.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

Am I the only one who keeps accidentally typing "Violent Orange"?
I lol'd.also GASP who could've expected this?!Name: ArtorreSpecies: Toa of FireGender: MaleAlliance: CrazyAppearance: Artorre is a tall toa of fire with light armor almost completely covering him. He has an obsession with burning stuff, like any other toa of fire, which he has lost a large amount of control over since the beginning of his descent into madness. His constant burning stuff has caused his armor to become completely black with soot. He doesn't mind though, considering it was completely black originally. He does, however, carefully clean off his mask regularly. His sword, which is also black, is long and thin, and often on fire. My avatar is a picture of Artorre from the shoulders up, wielding his sword.Weapons: Besides the previously mentioned sword, which he may ignite or use to emit a concentrated beam of fire, Artorre carries around a few throwing knives, which he's lost quite a few of over the years and has been too busy burning things and going on pointless adventures to replace. While not exactly a weapon, he carries around a orb (Which, though it looks like glass, seems to be indestructible) containing a swirling mass of electricity arcing through a dark gray cloud, which is actually the soul of a previously extremely powerful being. It lost the ability to easily communicate with Artorre long ago, now only able to do so when receiving an extremely large amount of electricity. When in close proximity to this orb, Artorre would normally have elemental lightning powers equal in strength to his power over fire, but a long amount of time without thunderstorms or many Toa of Lightning willing to dump raw power into it until they pass out have extremely limited the lightning powers the orb can give him. The orb does, however, serve as a very effective shield from any and all electricity, hungrily drawing any in a 20 bio or so radius into itself.Mask: Great KomauPower: Elemental Power of Fire. Extremely limited Elemental Power of Lightning, directly linked to proximity to previously mentioned orb. Artorre is a great swordsman and is also deadly accurate with his throwing knives. Of course, he will, on occasion, stab with his throwing knives and throw his sword. Besides his abilities in combat, he is an excellent dancer. But he only dances when he's drunk/thinks he's drunk because nobody knows if that Frusian Cider stuff is alcoholic.Personality: Although generally nice, Artorre does occasionally shout. But he doesn't really realize he's shouting, and it's almost always at a time when he has no reason to shout, so most people understand that he's not really angry. Artorre is very observant of his surroundings, and is also a good listener. When you get a few ciders in him, he becomes extremely sarcastic to people he dislikes, and assigns nicknames to those he does like, always completely unrelated to anything they've done or said, or their appearance. If there's a good song on, he will utilize his impressive dancing skills. Under the right circumstances, he does two, maybe even all three, at the same time.Biography: On Mata Nui as a matoran, Artorre was constantly slacking off to go on adventures, so much so that he was nicknamed Takua. (Although no one calls him that today, even after he became a Toa) One day, he heard the legend of a place known as the Elemental Well, a place where, apparently, all the Toa Power of deceased Toa went to. He began preparations to leave Ta-Koro in search of it immediately. Then he and several friends set off, swearing to themselves that they wouldn't return until they were Toa. The search for the Well was long and arduous, and one of the members of the group was killed by a wild rahi along the way, but they eventually found it, and became Toa. After they left, though, they found that they were completely unable to recall where the Well had been, or any of the time spent near it.Later in his life, Artorre was kidnapped, and involved in a series of events known as the Deeping Incident. Not much is known about this time in his life, but it is assumed that this is where he got the orb he carries around with him from. Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

That orb worries me and no one should even know about Mata Nui the island, but Artorre is APPROVED.@Frusian Cider: Well, it's the only drink (derived from fruit) besides water that occurs naturally in Violet Orange. I guess you could make a Tea out of the bark of the trees down there, but otherwise I guess maybe alchohol might have been brought down from above, stored for a special day.And A Frusian, not Frusia, is the name of the fruit the drink is derived from. Whether the fruit juice ferments or not is beyond everyone down there. The tree it comes from hasn't been given a name, but if it did, it would probably be Blue Leaved Tree or something, whether or not its leaves are blue.

Edited by Kal the Guardian

That orb worries me and no one should even know about Mata Nui the island, but Artorre is APPROVED.
I thought you had no idea at what time the RPG took place?
The tree it comes from hasn't been given a name, but if it did, it would probably be Blue Leaved Tree or something, whether or not its leaves are blue.
And Levacius would never drink again. =P
-
:burnmad:

I don't really know as in I don't have a specific millenium, but it is somewhere between 65,000 BGC and 60,000 BGC. It's before the time slip, right as the Makuta are starting to turn corrupted. This is the basic setting of most of my RPGs. I don't even think the island of Mata Nui was created at that time, but I'm probably wrong about that. Still, no one would be living on it, let alone know about it.And also, I'm making this up as I go along, so I might say I didn't know before, but do now. Like with Tea and no other drinks besides water and cider. I didn't know, but then I thought about it and made it so. But for the timeline, I've always known roughly when this is taking place. A 5 millenia span is a long time, it's not very specific.

The island of Mata Nui was created during the Great Cataclysm, and there was no immigration/emigration between it and the universe for the 1000 years between the Toa Metru becoming turaga and the rediscovery of Metru-Nui.At 65,000 to 60,000 BGC:

• The creation of the Visorak Hordes has occurred.
  • The League of Six Kingdoms has been and gone.
  • The Dark Hunters have been formed.
  • The Matoran Civil War and Great disruption.
  • Miserix assigned each makuta to a region to watch over
  • Teridax has taken over the Brotherhood of Makuta
  • Spiriah had already mutated the Skakdi into their current forms

Things that haven't happened yet:

• The Mauka's evolution to gas in armour
  • The Makoki Sotne's creation, guarding, stealing, splitting, refinding etc.
  • The Piraka's recruitment to the DH's
  • Tuyet trying to take over the world with the Nui Stone
  • The Toa/Dark Hunter War.
  • And all the main story stuff, of course. ;)

I hope that helps people to be able to place this story within the history of the MU.

ppg2.png

Oh, well in that case the story's taking place on Mata Nui is just Artorre's imagination. And the later assigned names of the island and villages just so happened to match up with his imagination. =P

- :Burrnmad:

Name: TeravicSpecies: ToaGender: MaleAlliance: Purged, but you wouldn't be able to tell if you talked to him.Appearance: Of average height and build for a Toa, wears dark red and orange-yellow armor. Said armor is stylized with curved, sweeping patterns that are made to resemble fire.Weapons: Two small swords that can be combined into one double-edged greatsword.Mask: Kakama, the mask of speedPower: Elemental control over fire and enhanced speedPersonality: Teravic is, simply put, easy-going, but also somewhat grim due to the circumstances. He enjoys Madu fruit (not the kind that explode) and long strolls through the streets of Underhorror, though he tends to avoid contact with other beings when said walks take place. He is very determined when his friends (the very few that he has) are threatened.Biography: Teravic doesn’t have any idea who he is or how he got to the Underhorror (or underground at all, for that matter), and as much as he would like to know, he’s accepted the fact that he’ll probably never find out. In any case, he found himself one day in the Underhorror and chose a name for himself: Teravic. (It just had this ring to it, you know?)The first time he attended a Trouble game, he found some strange, sadistic amusement and now regularly attends them, sometimes even selling some of his defective homemade merchandise to his fellow spectators.

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer

67tlbk.png

Good profile, but sorry, Zyke, the Personality needs to be at least 50 words, and the Biography needs to be at least 100 words. If you need help doing so, just go to the profile topic and read what other people have done. So not approved, still pending.

I don't know. This is crazier and yet not as crazy as expected. Somehow I keep thinking like ten more people are going to join out of nowhere like the good old days. Now that's crazy.I guess everyone loves a good crazy character, but finding the balance is hard. In this RPG, there is no balance. The balance has been broken and discarded.

I've also gotten in crazy-character quite successfully; I didn't originally intend Paktii to be this talkative and rambling, but as I started writing about him it just seemed right. He's a very smart character, but he's basically lost control of his intelligence and says the first thing that comes to mind, which usually leads to something else coming to mind. Gwdkwowhi... I'm still working on him. I think I've made him about as moody and serious as he needs to be, but he's also showing a lighter side than I originally intended with Karorahk.I didn't even intend Wilson to be anything but a joke in Paktii's first post. Now he's running around stealing people's cider.My characters have minds of their own... it's creepy.

IrMSNn3.png

Wut? I gazed upon those infernal scribbles and nothing happened.
It was a joke, because he said not to read it.If anyone would like to enter into a drunken brawl with Vertak, Sable and Artorre once the three of us have arrived at the Maze Craze, please volunteer now! :D-ibrow

... you do realize that a sober guard is there and so is the former king of violet orange? Between the two of them, you three will get your clocks cleaned in 10 seconds. And then get thrown into the dungeons.
Except we won't, because Vertak isn't planning on getting drunk and he is a guard. Not to mention the fact that the former king of violet orange means nothing. To most of the people in VO (the crazy ones), even the current king probably wouldn't matter.Besides, what's the point in having a bar without a bar brawl anyway?-ibrow