Maze Craze

Kal the Guardian

I've also gotten in crazy-character quite successfully; I didn't originally intend Paktii to be this talkative and rambling, but as I started writing about him it just seemed right. He's a very smart character, but he's basically lost control of his intelligence and says the first thing that comes to mind, which usually leads to something else coming to mind.Gwdkwowhi... I'm still working on him. I think I've made him about as moody and serious as he needs to be, but he's also showing a lighter side than I originally intended with Karorahk.I didn't even intend Wilson to be anything but a joke in Paktii's first post. Now he's running around stealing people's cider.My characters have minds of their own... it's creepy.
It's funny how that happens, isn't it. The characters all bring out sides of others that wouldn't have been there otherwise. You can make a character with a very strong image of them in mind, but when you actually get to playing them, you find that they could be completely different if circumstances made them that way. I originally intended Karorahk to be much more tough and independent. He was going to be an explorer in the wilds to get me into that part of the game's plot. The current bit though, while completely opposite, is turning out to be fascinating. And to think I haven't even started writing the crizified versions of Krokk and Mala yet... This game is turning out to be even more fun than I imagined.

ppg2.png

Wut? I gazed upon those infernal scribbles and nothing happened.
It was a joke, because he said not to read it.If anyone would like to enter into a drunken brawl with Vertak, Sable and Artorre once the three of us have arrived at the Maze Craze, please volunteer now! :biggrin:-ibrow
Sure, why not? Paktii's got nothing else to do right now - except find out that Trouble exists, which will launch him into the stuff I originally had planned for his second post, which got delayed by the then-unnamed Wilson escaping from the lab...But a bar brawl sounds fun too.Oh, BTW, are NPC fights ok? I just got Gwdkwowhi and Karorahk into one. Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Maze Craze rests in almost the center of the city near the Main City Square, and the castle in the far north. So I'd say half of what it takes to traverse the whole city. Three days travel as fast as you could go along the winding streets. Although I can't have you guys spending this whole RPG getting from one place to the other, so I'm letting slide how everyone is speeding around. :P But you could just say you used a GTG pad and then Garret sent you where you needed to go. I don't have exact measurements for how far.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Heh heh, yup. Like Karorahk said, the Toa is fine, just confused and lost... in whatever afterlife there is in this RPG.And yeah, I thought I wasn't going to get to make that post until I started the game of survival.

OOC: I dunno, would Sable hold the same effect as a real Horror Terror?
His form obviously wouldn't be a perfect replication, since those memories are repressed, and it wouldn't cause the same fear and horror and send people into insanity. So, people look away in fear, but you could look at him and retain your sanity. Although for unPurged, it might trigger memories that will send you over the edge.

If this story and Dreamland happened in the same universe when would Dreamland happen? Before, after, at the same time? I know it is a minor detail but curiosity demands I ask.
This is a different universe than Dreamland. That said, Kal said something about this one being near the very beginning if his RPGs were to both be connected I think.-ibrow

I read that they are separate universes. I was asking if that had happened in the same universe at what time would Dreamland happen in relation to this story. I have a character I am planning on using here and an event on Dreamland is the deciding factor on what species this character is. Even if Dreamland never happened it can be assumed a similar event would have happened somewhere else.

While we're researching the world that contains Violet Orange, where was the island that sunk? Was it one of the unnamed islands around Mata Nui's arms and legs of was it just a smallislet off one of the main continents? Also for character backstory.Again on that subject, during the Age of Influx, many beings came through the Obsidian Doors into Violet Orange. Were these beings from the original sunken island who just stayed in the maze a bit longer than the original discoverers, or did they somehow get brought in from somewhere else?

ppg2.png

While we're researching the world that contains Violet Orange, where was the island that sunk? Was it one of the unnamed islands around Mata Nui's arms and legs of was it just a smallislet off one of the main continents? Also for character backstory.Again on that subject, during the Age of Influx, many beings came through the Obsidian Doors into Violet Orange. Were these beings from the original sunken island who just stayed in the maze a bit longer than the original discoverers, or did they somehow get brought in from somewhere else?
I think that multiple islands got sunken - at least, that's what I assumed for Paktii's profile. I would say that the sheer diversity of Violet Orange supports that, as do the NPC character bios (one of them is a Swervian Toa, the other makes no reference to the island)

IrMSNn3.png

Name: MonikSpecies: Ce-ToaGender: MaleAlliance: CrazyAppearance: He wears mismatched armour of every color that provides protection to the elements. E.g. it is heat resistant, cold resistant, aerodynamic, etc.Weapons: All Terrain Claws (ATC). These claws can propel Monik quickly through any element; becoming webbed claws in water, large wing claws in air, shovel like claws underground, and so forth. He has these claws on his hands and feet.Mask: KualsiPower: Psionics and teleportation. Dark Hunter training.Personality: He is very dedicated to serving Mata-Nui or at least what he thinks is serving Mata-Nui, after being hit by the Shadowed One’s Madness spinner his mind was scrambled so if the Shadowed One told him to go break into a factory and steal a doomsday device so the Dark Hunters could blow up an island Monik would say “Great, that will help Mata-Nui.” and then he would go do it. Although his mind was twisted, his morals and intentions remained also he can still make plans and set traps. Because he was already crazy the Horror Terrors had very little effect on his mindBiography: Some years ago a friend of his was captured by the Dark Hunters and Monik went to rescue him. Cloaking himself mentally he snuck into Odina and got all the way to The Shadowed One’s throne room before he discovered that it was a trap. Trapped, Monik was hit by The Shadowed One’s Rhotuka and was reduced to his present state. Later on he was sent to an island to investigate the disappearance of its inhabitants and was sucked down with them. The two other Hunters that he was with were killed but Monik just walked on until he came to Violet Orange, he then took a job purging people.

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

I read that they are separate universes. I was asking if that had happened in the same universe at what time would Dreamland happen in relation to this story. I have a character I am planning on using here and an event on Dreamland is the deciding factor on what species this character is. Even if Dreamland never happened it can be assumed a similar event would have happened somewhere else.
Dreamland takes place around 59,700 BGC and after. Like I stated before, this RPG takes place sometime within 65,000 to 60,000 BGC. So, while events would be much different and delayed to an even later date, Dreamland would still take place, but without a happy ending. In fact if things go wrong there, it might mean universe destruction. Although not immediate destruction. More like a slow working cancer.So Dreamland hasn't happened in this universe yet.
I always like having my islands as one of the many that inhabit Mata Nui's right leg. In my mind, the islands in that leg are limitless and all have great potential. This island is of no matter. I don't have a name for it, nor does there really need to be one at this time.As for the Age of Influx, the original monsters don't descriminate. They are taking beings from all over Mata Nui, perhaps even taking down a few more small islands like the first one and the Island of Avoidance (where half of my characters come from). The maze is larger than it seems, and maybe the original monsters use teleportation or dimensional gates?@Takanuvainika: Explain his armor and these claws a bit more for me. I'm not sure I quite understand them.

Oh, very interesting. Thanks for that Kal. I'm having ideas already.And since The Light Meets the Dark looks to be shutting down and I was enjoying playing my characters in that game so much, here's one adapted for Violet Orange so that I can keep playing him.Character Name: KorangaGender & Species: Male, Tobduk’s SpeciesPowers:

1. Gains strength from feelings of pain, both in himself and those around him – exactly like what Tobduk had with respect to anger.
  2. He has gained partial control over elemental shadow by depleting his inner light.

Abilities: Koranga has a high tolerance to pain due to his power. The high he gets along with the increased strength counters his pain, and often allows him to push on through it for longer than other beings.Equipment:

1. A Great Kanohi Faxon. Using its power allows him to mimic the abilities of rahi which share his general environment.
  2. A multi-shot zamor launcher with two types of spheres:
    1. Absorptive spheres: while they appear to be empty, and therefore not dangerous, these spheres can be very useful. When fired, they will absorb attacks thrown at Koranga into themselves. The attacks will remain contained and concentrated within these spheres until they are fired again, when the stored power or material is released. These spheres are black when unfilled, but take on the colour of the contents once they have absorbed something,
    2. Stinging spheres: Distilled from the venom of Kofo-jaga scorpions, the liquid within these spheres causes and intense burning and stinging sensation when it comes into the slightest contact with flesh. It is also mildly corrosive. These zamors have a dull crimson hue.

[*]A chainsaw-like weapon similar in appearance to one of Onua Nuva’s quake breakers.

Appearance: Koranga looks very similar to Tobduk: 10 feet tall, lean, but very muscular. His colour scheme consists of dark blues and greens, whereas Tobduk’s was grey and red. They have different masks too, but that’s about where the physical differences end.Faction: King’s GuardBiography: For the first 10,000 years of his life, Koranga lived on a small island in Mata Nui’s left hand with others of his species. Their lives were simple at that time, though they were content, for the most part. Then, one day, Makuta Chirox showed up. He had a little experiment he wanted to do. He mixed a little of this, a little of that, and before you knew it he had a great big spider, and then a lot more. But that wasn’t enough; he had to see what they could do. So he unleashed them on Koranga’s village. It was over in minutes. When they were done, the Makuta renamed the island Visorak in honour of their pets.Koranga was one of the few who made it off the island, after hiding underground for a few days to avoid the spiders. He moved onto the Southern Island chains and tried to start a new life there, but he was never that successful. He lived on the fringes of various communities for a while, but could never bring himself to become a part of any, not after how he had lost his first home and friends. He knew that he should not let those events that happened millennia ago stop him from rebuilding his life as part of a new community, but his fears of losing friends again kept him from doing so. Millennia passed this way, as he lived as a self-made outcast.During the sinking of the island he was living on at the time, he watched as catastrophe overtook many of the villages on the island and their inhabitants. He saw countless other beings emerging from the rubble of their lives in much the same way he had when his own village was razed.The enormous amount of aguish around him, both physical and mental gave him a boost the likes of which he has never experienced before, nor is he likely to again. That massive high, combined with compassion for the beings around him gave him a moment of clarity, in which he saw that whatever irrational reasons he had had to separate himself from others could no longer be justified. Everyone had lost their homes and friends, but still, through dumb luck that some call destiny, survived. They were all in the same boat now, and he realised that he could no longer defend his irrational fears of loss and rejection.As the survivors regrouped and began migrating further into the earth, he joined them, though tentatively at first, and aided in the discovery and construction of Underhorror. After the Kingdom of Violet Orange was founded, he joined its Guard, and worked to protect the newly fledged society that had become his home.Unfortunately, that wasn’t the only way in which the underground experience changed his life. All the pain he absorbed during those months, and the strength he gained from it felt too incredibly good to give up. That experience was like a drug addict’s first buzz to him, and it has left him wanting more. He has become addicted to the feeling of pain and the strength it gives him, and the addiction is slowly growing. At first, small hurts were enough to sate him – stubbing his toe or getting injured trying to chase criminals. Eventually, however, these no longer satisfied his needs. Recently, the addiction has been impinging upon his work. Other guards have become concerned about his brutality towards criminals when pursuing them, and even once they are subdued and captured. What they don’t know is that they aren’t the only ones from whom he is extracting pain – he has been secretly going after ordinary citizens as well.TL;DR: He’s a corrupt cop who slowly deteriorated from an honest one into a being who will hurt those he is meant to protect.Personality: Koranga’s life is ruled by pain – evading his own from the past and voraciously consuming others’ in the present. When he has had a fix of pain, he can be much more mild, even friendly, but after the effects have worn off and he is hungry for hurt, he is increasingly apprehensive and angry, even brutal and sadistic when he thinks he can get away with it.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

His armour is simply made from different materials that provide resistance to the different elements, like the armour from the Voya-Nui online game.The claws …

1. have the proper kanoka to make a mask of shape shifting built in
  2. have the proper kanoka to make a mask of Adaptation built in
  3. don’t have any power they just have all the different forms compacted into one like a multi-tool.

Take your pick but I prefer the first one.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Koranga is APPROVED.As for Monik, as long as his armor doesn't actually have any powers (i.e. ice resistance is just a fur lining and such) and is just built to help defend against different elements, it's fine. But if it actually has the different powers of heat and ice resistance, then no. As for his claws, it can be powered by a mask of shape shifting only if it changes into six different things and no more. I don't want this guy to be overpowered.

Yes that is what I mean, here is the profile;Name: MonikSpecies: Ce-ToaGender: MaleAlliance: CrazyAppearance: He wears mismatched armour of every color that provides protection to the elements. E.g. it is heat resistant, insulated, aerodynamic, etc.Weapons: All Terrain Claws (ATC). These claws can propel Monik quickly through any element, they are made with the proper kanoka to make a mask of shapeshifting and can transform into six different forms; becoming webbed claws in water, large wing claws in air, shovel like claws underground, and so forth. He has these claws on his hands and feet.Mask: KualsiPower: Psionics and teleportation. Dark Hunter training.Personality: He is very dedicated to serving Mata-Nui or at least what he thinks is serving Mata-Nui, after being hit by the Shadowed One’s Madness spinner his mind was scrambled so if the Shadowed One told him to go break into a factory and steal a doomsday device so the Dark Hunters could blow up an island Monik would say “Great, that will help Mata-Nui.” and then he would go do it. Although his mind was twisted, his morals and intentions remained also he can still make plans and set traps. Because he was already crazy the Horror Terrors had very little effect on his mindBiography: Some years ago a friend of his was captured by the Dark Hunters and Monik went to rescue him. Cloaking himself mentally he snuck into Odina and got all the way to The Shadowed One’s throne room before he discovered that it was a trap. Trapped, Monik was hit by The Shadowed One’s Rhotuka and was reduced to his present state. Later on he was sent to an island to investigate the disappearance of its inhabitants and was sucked down with them. The two other Hunters that he was with were killed but Monik just walked on until he came to Violet Orange, he then took a job purging people.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

So, I'm going to be out of town from Wednesday to Sunday next week with no access to the Internet... I don't particularly want to miss anything but I guess that can't be avoided. More importantly, though, I want to make sure my characters don't miss anything so I can jump back in the action when I catch up, probably on Monday afternoon :PWhat's the best way to handle it? Should I put them on auto-pilot or something? Should I give another player permission to RP them while I'm gone? (i.e. Lorax could probably roleplay Gwd pretty well) Or should I have them both simultaneously take a nap/pass out/lock themselvse in their lab for experiments (ok, that last one only works for Paktii), so the fact that I missed things can actually be part of the game?

IrMSNn3.png

Ok, Monik APPROVED.@JKK: You could do any of those. I don't think it will matter that much in the long run.@Mr. Lorax: Not much is happening except for madcap tomfoolery at Maze Craze, with most characters there. The opening ceremonies for Trouble start in one in-game hour at the Center City Square or whatever it is that I called it.

Hmm... that would be interesting, wouldn't it? There's a lot of backstory to Gwd's Purging but I don't really know all the details yet :P One thing I do know, though, is that Uthermi (What Gwd calls his former self) went out of his way to make sure that his memories would never come back, despite Gwd searching 300 years for a hypothetical Toa of Plasma that nobody's seen. He probably never told the one who Purged him who he really was, and almost certainly told him never to say anything to anyone about what he did now - include Gwd himself.So, long answer short: not right now, but I'll keep that possibility on the backburner. For now, assume that Monik either doesn't recognize him, or is intentionally keeping quiet about what he knows.Edit: *looks over first paragraph* Uh oh, I'm starting to talk like Paktii.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Name: Lundum/Mordum/Nendum/Oidum (Pronounced Wee-Dum)/PardumSpecies: Brutaka's speciesGender: MaleAlliance: CrazyAppearance: Tall and bulky (as is the norm for his species) with clawed hands and wide feet. His armor is jagged and colored orange and gunmetal.Weapons: A single shapeshifting weapon that changes depending on what personality is currently dominant. The current dominant personality can use only their respective weapon.Lundum: A nondescript Claymore with a jagged, ornate hilt.Mordum: A pair of spiked Protosteel knuckles.Nendum: A dagger with a perpendicular handle that rotates in its slot.Oidum: Some strange amalgam of pointed, drill-like apparatuses and razor blades. It's not really useful in combat except when thrown at foes.Pardum: An extremely sharp scythe dotted with crimson jewels.Mask: Kanohi MatatuPower: Telekenesis, strength greater than that of a ToaPersonality: This being's mind has been fragmented into several different personalities. Lundum: This personality is perhaps the closest to LMNOP's original personality. He is very intelligent with a somewhat dry, cold sense of humor. Very good with swordsMordum: Typically very angry and vociferous. He isn't afraid to argue or even lash out at anyone who disagrees with his firm, unchanging beliefs. Good at hand-to-hand combat.Nendum: Sad and pessimistic. No matter what situation he's in, he always finds something negative to sulk about. The only thing he's good for is his ability with his rotating blade.Oidum: The least sane out of all of LMNOP'S personalities. He is always happy, sometimes unnaturally so. Despite this, even the smallest things irritate the Karz out of him. He isn't really skilled at anything except making people feel uncomfortable.Pardum: Undoubtedly the darkest personality of the five. Pardum is mostly silent, only speaking when absolutely necessary. Deep down, he is cruelly sadistic and enjoys inflicting pain on others, something he is quite good at.Biography: To say LMNOP had a troubled, mixed-up past would be like saying the ocean is wet. Even before the cataclysm that sunk his island, he spent most of his life traveling, for no village or tribe would accept him, and every time he thought he had found refuge, he would be driven out by those who hated him for his differences.When many beings sought refuge from the churning seas underground, he followed. The Horror Terrors he encountered fragmented his already-damaged mind beyond any hope of repair. However, among the rather unstable population of Violet Orange, he has finally found a place where he can be accepted. Hope his bio's long enough, seeing as I have no way to measure word count. Should be a quick fix if it's not, though.

67tlbk.png

• 3 weeks later...

Kal, do you mind if I make a Fan Created Game based on Violet Orange? No guarantees as to its quality or even its chances of completion... I just had an idea and put together a title screen this morning.I'd post a screenshot, but it's just white text on a black background. The cool part is the slow dramatic fades and the fact that the music blends seamlessly into the opening cutscene regardless of when you click "Start".I won't share any details of the game. I want it to be a surprise!OK, I'll share the name: "Violet Orange: Unseen."(Gosh, I'm talking like Paktii here)

IrMSNn3.png