Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics

Kal the Guardian

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak had been standing beside Sable and Artorre, simultaneously nochalantly silent, but embarrassed by their behaviour too. Once the Zyglak had stood, Vertak nodded to him."Sable here will get right on that." he said, not looking at Sable.Vertak grabbed his hammer and swung it at his companion as his somewhat odd way of telling the shape shifter to change forms now. Once he'd done so, he turned to Syrifar, realizing that he was staring at Sable. "Hey Syrafir... I don't know if you know me, but I'm Vertak, a Guard. To be honest, I don't remember how long I've been a Guard, so chances are you either know me or you don't."Then, deciding what-the-heck, Vertak joined Syrafir in looking directly at Sable, risking the consequences that might occur.OOC: I dunno, would Sable hold the same effect as a real Horror Terror?

IC: Maze CrazeAbysm gazed upon Sable unable to look away. The blood red voids that were his eyes were transfixed upon the horror.If anyone had been able to see auras and they were also very perceptive they might have seen the Toa's blood red aura break in a few areas for the smallest fraction of a second as a different aura of an untellable color bled through. And then just as quickly as it happened it ended.Abysm pulled up a chair at sat with Syrifar. "So when do my steaks get here? Do I wait for the boat to dock or with the elephant tell me when they are done?"

Edited by Cosmic Titan

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak laughed out loud when he was able to look at Sable's form, for although frightening, it could not hope to be a perfect replica.However... there was... something... an itch...The Matoran slammed his fist into the table, unable to look away from Sable as he trembled and a stray memory, long repressed, fought its way to the forefront of his mind. "No, no, no!"Struggling to regain control of his limbs, Vertak reached back with a trembling arm and grabbed at his shield, wrenching it off of his back as memories flashed before his eyes. It was as if a film had been set on top of him, and all he could see were the memories, the awful memories, and Sable's form, just close enough to start sending him over the edge. Vertak, in an instinctive response, threw the shield in front of him.The visions stopped and Vertak remained where he was, empty handed. The itch of insanity he'd been trying to pretend didn't exist was now a sore within his mind, but he glanced towards the others at the table and chuckled, signalling for a drink."That was some nasty stuff, haha." He said. "I'd uh, I'd advise you all don't do it if you value your brains."

IC: Every being in Violet Orange has some pretty bad impressions of horror terrors. Some are terrified of them, and of what the abominations may do to them. Others see them, and remember the atrocities that took place on the way to sanctuary.Grayvern, like Vertak, fell into the latter category. But where the Matoran was able to suppress his fears and memories, the Toa was doomed to follow them.Grabbing his sword, Grayvern let loose a guttural roar that ripped his throat and spirit raw, charging at Sable with animal-like intensity. Whirling the blade around, he slashed the weapon at the sand-being, his deranged mind hoping for a hit.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Tower of Terror / Slater with Hexxon / IC:Slater slumped his shoulders. “Yes,” he said, “I suppose I have nothing left to be angry at.” He took the priest’s body in his arms and stated, “I’ll put him with the others. One more and we will be making another pilgrimage to the Cavern of the Unseen Gods to make sure our brethren are able to find peace by being led by the gods to their just reward.”The blood from the body was dripping onto Slater’s robe and it matched perfectly. After a few moments, it seemed as if there wasn’t any dripping blood at all, although that was just because the colors so perfectly matched. Slater stopped moving with a frown on his face as he thought.“Actually,” he said, looking back to Hexxon, “I’d like you to lead the pilgrimage. You never know who’s coming down the Spiral Staircase. Or what is, in that case. I think you’d be best to protect those weaker than you. So, would you kindly get prepared? I’m pretty sure somebody is going to die sometime soon. I’ll just say they were of the faith.”Maze Craze / Sevarinous with PEOPLE / IC:Sevarinous appeared from out of nowhere again and handed Frusian Cider all around. Syrifar gripped his cup and remained silent, occasionally looking at what was going on with Sable. Sevarinous plopped down a Muaka steak in front of Abysm and gave him a bill separately for the steak. The bill for all the drinks everyone kept consuming would come later.The Matoran didn’t even react as Grayvern lunged for Sable, instead he righted the toppled chair Grayvern had left behind, and took away several empty cups. Sevarinous, while heading into the washing room, motioned for the Zyglak to sit down. The Zyglak frowned, but nodded and went back to his drink.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak grabbed a Frusian Cider, taking a larger than necessary gulp to start off his drinking, trying to ignore Grayvern and Sable as he shuddered. He took another gulp in an attempt to drown out the lingering memories, and in an attempt to forget just how close he'd come to snapping. A lucky throw, that was it. He finished his drink, glancing at the one intended for Grayvern.Deciding the Toa didn't need it right now, Vertak grabbed Grayvern's drink and began to sip from it at a more appropriate pace.

IC: Maze Craze"Thank ya kindly, stranger." said the Toa in a prefect southern accent. From seemingly nowhere he pulled out his wallet and handed Sevarinous some gold coins, a one inch square of metal and some widgets. He clearly didn't understand monetary systems. He then tipped him a drachma and some more widgets.Blood red mist seemed to pour out his mouth and hands as he dug into the steak. The smells of freshly cooked meat and rotting flesh mingled in the air. He then drank a cup of tea and finished his steak."Darn tooting that was them there some good grub!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face.

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak gave the steak eater an odd look before returning his gaze to the unattended drink of Sable. Deciding that hey, why not, he gulped down the rest of Grayvern's drink (which was rather painful), and snatched the drink of Sable.This time he promised himself to drink it normally. Whatever normal was, because he sure didn't know.

IC: Tower of Terror - UnderhorrorUnlike his last decision, Hexxon actually put some thinking into this request. A pilgrimage to the Cavern to the Unseen Gods meant traversing Underhorror, the wilds, all the way to where their "gods" resided. The thought of such a confrontation with those monsters sent a shiver down his spine. Not to mention remove him from Trouble for some time. His eye color flashed between colors, indicating his thoughts on this matter, yet his uncertainty made it difficult to distinguish the hues as they blended with each other.He couldn't say no, so the answer was obvious. Besides, there were at least some priests here to participate in the games for the honor of the horror terrors, and he would be leading his people in one of the holiest events of their religion."Of course," the Toa replied, not allowing his true feelings to show. "I would be honored to do so."All he could do was tuck away his fears in the recesses of his mind for now, as he felt that there would be time to deal with them later. He began up the steps, half-walking, half-dancing. "Someone fetch me my cape, and bring me a mirror!" Hexxon called up as he ascended the tower. "I have to look my best, for we have a journey to make!"

IC: Paktii - Maze CrazeWilson trotted up to Paktii, who was still taking cover behind a chair. Even the robot seemed to be shuddering slightly. "Come on, good boy," he murmured to the robot, picking it up. The robot chittered, annoyed, but didn't struggle."Did you get that last bit? With the real horr-terr? Or was that just a hallucination?" he muttered, more to himself than to the robot. Either way, he was going to have some great footage to download to his computer - but he would have to be extremely careful with it."Wait a minute." Paktii began to think out loud - something which every being within earshot had learned to despise. "It's not the actual appearance of a horr-terr that causes insanity - it can't be, vision just doesn't work that way." Paktii was speaking slower than usual - the others who were trying not to listen couldn't tell if that was a good thing or not. "They would have to have actual mental powers, that would also affect our memories of them... so why couldn't anybody look at Sable?" He risked a peek.He still couldn't look directly at the sand-being, but he noticed Syrifar doing so without any sign of distress. Paktii ducked back behind cover. "So somebody can. Why him? Why not me? Well, of course not me, I last saw them three years ago... the memories are still too --- ARG!" - he fell to the ground, clutching his forehead as the aforementioned memories began to flash before his eyes again - never long enough to study, but just enough to leave an overwhelming sense of horror. Wilson, falling to the ground as Paktii loosened his grip, poked him in concern.Paktii eventually recovered, more slowly this time. "Maybe I do need to be purged... no. No, I can't do that. I need to solve the mystery of horror terrors, one and for all, so we can all be free, without the cost of our identities."He straightened up, partially covering his eyes, and looked straight at Sable. Yes... he could do this. Ok, that was enough. He turned towards the others, holding up Wilson, who didn't quite enjoy the ride."I'm going to my lab. I'm going to study this. I'm going to solve this. The horror terrors won't rule our minds forever!" OOC: Open for interaction.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: SableAs he reformed into his Toa-Form after Terr ripped him apart, he dusted himself off(as best a sand-being could). 'Well, that was.... painful.'As he said this, Grayvern's sword cleaves through his abdomen. Well, "through" is a loose term, as the sword actually caught on something midway-through. Sable ripped out the sword out of Grayvern's grip (and his gut) and threw it aside. 'Do you want me to do that again and NOT stop for the sake of yours, and everyone's, minds?'As Paktii ran away back to his lab, Sable awkwardly called out to him. 'Uhhh, you're welcome?' He then sat down with the others and grabbed a mug of Frucian Cider.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): "I'm ready" Karorahk replied evenly, with its mind still partially on the idea of others like him. It wasn't particularly keen on the idea of walking back to the city - it hardly ever walked anywhere. For a being who can get itself and others anywhere it wanted with a wave of its staff or a snap of its fingers, walking was an unnecessary waste of time. This truly was a day for new an interesting experiences."Let's go" it said. "No point in waiting".

ppg2.png

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - Outside UnderhorrorGwdkwowhi nodded. "Here we go, then." They walked in silence for a few minutes. Finally Gwd broke the silence, knowing that casual conversation was essential to their plan of walking into Underhorror and not getting attacked. "How did you come to Violet Orange? I've never seen anyone like you down here - and I've seen a lot."IC: Paktii - Maze CrazePaktii popped back in to Maze Craze awkwardly. "Forgot my robot," he said. Spotting Wilson, he picked it up and started to leave. "Anyone want to come with me to the lab? This is going to be huge."...Paktii made it back to his lab, just a few blocks away from Maze Craze - no need to use the teleporters. He plugged Wilson into the aging terminal and waited for the data to download.Finally, he selected "SCOUTING ANALYSIS" from the robot's software. Eventually, he wanted a more portable version of this so he could use the robot's scouting mode on the go. But that was another project for another day.The screen eventually showed an overhead map - a representation of Maze Craze. There was a dot off to the side - Wilson - and a cone indicating its line of sight. Well, cone of sight, he supposed. The dot animated across the screen, line-of-cone-of-sight-or-whatever rotating rapidly; recreating the robot's path. As it scanned the bar, more dots appeared. The first, of course, was Paktii, and it was labelled as such. Syrifar was also on the map. A few dots were labelled with "unknown Toa" or something similar. Sable was labelled "Unknown shapeshifter" for a while, then it identified him as the robot processed the audio files, where everyone was shouting at him.Paktii was about to move on to the next screen when he spotted another dot, way off in the corner. It was labelled "?????". Paktii stared at it. That was exactly the corner that he couldn't bring himself to look - the shadow that had attacked Sable - the real horror terror. Flesh and blood... if that was really what they were made of. The computer prompted Paktii to identify the unknown being. He typed in "Terr."Paktii had only meant to scout Sable's imitation of a horror terror - but here was data on the real thing! "No," he said. "Not yet... let's do what we came for first." Before he forgot, though, Paktii copied the scouting data onto three separate disks and stored them in safe places around his lab. Wouldn't want to lose something like this to a crash.Paktii selected Sable's dot - though he was tempted to jump right in and analyze Terr, it was better to play it safe. Several options came up; he definitely didn't want "VISUAL RECORDING"; if he wanted to look at an imitation of a horr-terr, he could have done that in the bar. He selected "PHYSIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS"."Toa of Stone. Shapeshifter. Body composed entirely of sand." the computer read.For shapeshifters and unknown species, there were a few different options. Paktii, heart pounding, selected the first question on his mind - one of the simplest questions you could ask of a species."LIMB COUNT"OOC: Gonna need Kal's help on this one - because I, like Paktii, I have no idea what a horror terror looks like.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:Artorre took his drink before Vertak could get a hold of it, and took a nice big sip. "My apologies, everyone. Didn't mean to start a fight," he said, then he grinned. "At least, not while I'm sober. Wouldn't be fair." He downed the rest of his cider. "Honestly, we can share the table. Unless, of course, you want to fight for it. In which case, I'll need a few more of these. Barkeep!" He signaled to Sevarinous to bring another round of drinks.

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak sighed with disappointment when Artorre was fast enough to grab his drink first. There was only one thing better than getting drunk at the Maze Craze, and that was getting drunk at the Maze Craze off of other people's money. Not that they usually knew or cared, as Vertak didn't ever feel like grabbing more than a single drink or two from the same person.

IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:As Artorre threw back another cider, one word began to slowly repeat itself in the back of his mind: Hats. The repeating of the word got quicker and quicker until he was forced to obey the compulsion to get himself a Karz'ing hat already.He looked around just in time to notice someone wearing one walk by their table. He got up from his chair, tailing the poor Toa until he was right behind him, and stealthily slipped the hat off of his head, setting it on his own. He spun on his heel, nearly tripping as he did so, and marched back to his table. Sitting, he noticed that everyone but him had gotten a new drink. "Finally got a chance to take my drink, Fedora?" He asked Vertak, clearly having made up a hat-related nickname for him.

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak glanced at him, grabbed his hammer, and smacked the hat right off of Artorre's head in response, after setting down the Toa's cider."Yes, indeed I did and I have." he replied, grabbing the hat off of the floor and placing it on his own head. "I say thank you for the gift."Vertak raised his newest drink (he had no idea who he had taken it from at this point) and raised it in a mock toast.

IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:Artorre was about ready to maul Vertak for taking his new hat, until he noticed there were plenty of hats left in the building. Better hats. Stealing Sable's drink, he went off on a spree. Many citizens of Underhorror lost their hats that day, and when Artorre returned to the table, he had a hat for everyone. To Sable, he gave a bowler and the nickname Sombrero. To Syrifar, he gave a fedora and the nickname Lord Top Hat. To Grayvern, he tossed a 10-gallon hat and gave the nickname Boater. Lastly, he gave Abysm a beret and the nickname Pith. The hat Vertak had stolen from him was a derby hat. Artorre, who had saved a fez for himself, completely refused to acknowledge the fact that a bowler and a derby hat are the same thing.

IC:Grayvern didn't immediately respond to Sable, rather trying to piece together his own thought processes. The adrenaline had worn off, and now the Toa was being forced to succumb to the feelings that followed outbursts of rage and fury: shame, disbelief, guilt.He was a Toa, for Mata Nui's sake! How could he have done such a thing, as attacking an innocent civilian?The horror terrors. The cavern.Oh, yes. That was the reason."No," Grayvern finally said, his voice no more than a whisper, "I want you to take into consideration the experiences of the those who had to deal the those abominations before you choose to become a copy of one."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Smirking, Vertak whipped off the hat he'd taken and threw it, knocking the fez off of Artorre's head. Reaching across the table, Vertak plucked the fedora off of Syrifar's head and placed it on his own."My apologies, former king, but this fedora really deserves a head like mine. Fedoras just click with me."It was quite possible that the snatching of drinks had tipped Vertak over the edge into drunkeness.

IC-Draque:As it turned out, though, Vertak wouldn't keep the Fedora for long. A quick gust of wind blew it right off of his head, floating it gently back over and onto Syrifar's. That, of course, was when Draque fully showed himself to the group, giving an elaborate bow."Hullo, gents," he growled good-naturedly. "Frusian Cider isn't particularly strong this time of year, is it?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:This time, the fedora floated up off of the former king's head as Vertak clipped his hammer back onto his belt, and it landed in his hands. The Matoran made sure he had a firm grip as his former hat floated over to rest of Syrifar's head."There you go, former majesty. A hat, as some here seem to wish for you."

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): "To be honest, I'm not sure how I came to be here" Karorahk confessed "or if I even came here at all. For all I know, I might have been here all my life. My first real memories are of being in a forest and finding an old, empty building. Everything before that is pretty inchorent. Just flashes of violet and bright orange, which doesn't exactly tell me much." It was silent for a moment as they passed the first buildings on the outskirts of the city."It is curious, though," it agreed "that I've never seen anyone else like me either. Maybe I'm the only one, or the others are very good at hiding. Maybe I've just not been looking in the right places."

ppg2.png

IC: TeravicTeravic caught motion out of the corner of his eye and turned his head around to find two beings that appeared to be exactly alike (Karorahk, Gwd) approaching the city. His first instinct was to hide as he always did from the...less sane members of society, but something was different about one of them. It moved smoothly, without the strange mannerisms of most of Violet Orange's inhabitants. He decided to go out and greet them and was over there in seconds thanks to his Kakama."Hello," he said, "couldn't help but notice you two approaching the city. Name's Teravic."He extended a hand.

67tlbk.png

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - Just Barely Inside UnderhorrorGwdkwowhi nodded, processing Karorahk's story. "Interesting - you don't remember any Toa of Psionics? That was the first being I remember seeing; I'm a Purged - he erased my memories." His voice gained a bitter edge. "Supposedly, my former self agreed - even requested the service."He didn't add that, when he had first awoken as a Purged, his form had been a sightless ball of metal and organics. Most shapeshifters considered themselves to have a "true form" - Gwdkwowhi had no such comfort."But you - maybe we - should go check out that forest and that building. Any kind of clues would be helpful." And maybe he would find something too.In a flash, a Toa of Fire wearing a Kakama was in front of them, extending his hand. "Hello," he said. "Couldn't help but notice you two approaching the city. Name's Teravic."Gwdkwowhi stepped forward and shook his hand, hoping Karorahk would understand and imitate the gesture. "I'm Gwdkwowhi. You can call me Gwd. I'm here for Trouble." he smiled."And Karorahk?" Gwd turned to him, gesturing for the socially clueless being to introduce himself.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: TeravicA grin split Teravic's mask when Gwd mentioned Trouble."Ah, yes," he said, "quite an enjoyable game, but only if you're spectating."He gave Karorahk a sympathetic look."Not much of a talker, are you? Ah, that's alright. After all, not much needs to be said that you haven't already heard. Come, I'll show you around."He turned and waved his hand in the direction of the city, strongly resisting the urge to use his Kakama again.

67tlbk.png

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): Well, this second entrance to the city was goignsignificantly better than the first, whick Karorahk took as encouraging. This new toa who had appeared in front of them seemed friendly enough, if a little wacky, and he wasn't throwing stones or fireballs just yet. "Yes, I am Karorahk" it introduced itself "and my friend is Gwidquowhi the Speaker, as he has said". Just to make sure it understood the situation, Karorahk added "Do you live here?"OOC: Don't think that Gwd is ever getting rid of that title. :P

ppg2.png

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): As long as one could remember seemed an awfully long time to Karorahk - it was effectively forever for all three of them, because apparently none of them had any idea where they came from. Looking at it another way, a being who had always lived in Underhorror would know many things about which karorahk was currently clueless. It would be useful to go around with such a being."It is a pleasure to meet you, Teravic the Living" it commented. "What is it like to be living in Underhorror? It seems a very strange place."

ppg2.png

IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:"What?" Artorre asked, a terrified look on his face, as he desperately grabbed for the fedora. "Your name's Fedora, you can't wear one! That would be ridiculous." He stuck the fedora on his head and picked up the fez, putting it on Vertak's head.At this point, Artorre stopped drinking, his reason being that he couldn't win drink dropping if he was passed out drunk. After he said this, the subject of conversation turned to Trouble.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC:Grayvern didn't immediately respond to Sable, rather trying to piece together his own thought processes. The adrenaline had worn off, and now the Toa was being forced to succumb to the feelings that followed outbursts of rage and fury: shame, disbelief, guilt.He was a Toa, for Mata Nui's sake! How could he have done such a thing, as attacking an innocent civilian?The horror terrors. The cavern.Oh, yes. That was the reason."No," Grayvern finally said, his voice no more than a whisper, "I want you to take into consideration the experiences of the those who had to deal the those abominations before you choose to become a copy of one."-Void
IC: Sable'You think I didn't have to go through the same things that you did? I just happen to be able to use the horrible experience of being ripped from my very own flesh and deposited into a body of sand to my advantage.' He grinned. 'But my apologies. I believe I owe you a drink.'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:It was at this point at Vertak, under the influence of the drink and his own frustration, swung both his arms out and to the sides; every single hat within the bar was crushed into nothingness by their own gravity."Nobody gets the fedora."

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - Just inside UnderhorrorGwdkwowhi laughed. "Yeah, spectating. Something like that..."He considered this for a minute while Karorahk and Teravic talked. Why, exactly, was he planning to compete in Trouble? Had he finally snapped like everyone else down here?Eventually he realized that he was bored. He had spent three hundred years wandering the wilds, searching for a being that didn't exist anymore and that nobody knew about. It was finally time to give up on Uthermi and make Gwdkwowhi a name that everyone would recognize and respect.Gwdkwowhi the Speaker, he thought with a grin.IC: Paktii - Paktii's labPaktii looked around. Nobody had followed him to his lab. He sighed. One day they would appreciate science. One day, when he had found a cure for insanity, when they had defeated the horror terrors, when they were sending expeditions back to the surface world, then they would understand.He tapped the computer monitor impatiently as it processed his apparently not-so-simple query of "How many limbs does a horror terror have?". In more technical terms, of course. And not, strictly speaking, a horror terror, but the sand-being known as Sable's imitation of a horror terror - he didn't trust his computer or himself to look at the real horror terror - known to the regulars of Maze Craze as Terr - that had made it onto the recording.The computer was certainly nothing like the new stuff from Metru Nui, he thought as it began to smoke with the effort of computation. As he opened up a door to air out his lab, he remembered how he had actually taken apart the computer to have it upgraded when his island began to sink. Three years later, (or was it two? Maybe two and half? He quite honestly had no idea of the timeline except that he had first walked through the Obsidian Gates three years ago), or rather when he found himself at a more workable level of sanity in Violet Orange, he had discovered the parts to the computer in his pack. Miraculously, they still functioned when he put them back together - well, as well as a 500-year-old computer could function, that is.Paktii sat in his swivel chair and spun around while he waited for something interesting to happen.OOC: Open for interaction - the door to Paktii's lab is open and a thin but steady stream of smoke is coming out.Also, Kal, I'm really stuck on this horror terror analysis thing - you can role-play the computer and/or Paktii a bit if you want to dramatically reveal stuff - or dramatically reveal why you're not going to reveal stuff. Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

IC:From the way you're acting, it certainly doesn't seem like you suffered like the rest of us...The words burned inside Grayvern's throat, but he kept them there, safely tucked away from the airwaves. He wanted to say them, to scream them, to grab Sable and ram the sentence into his brain.But that wouldn't do anything but provoke more fighting. He couldn't do that. So he swallowed whatever small amount of pride he had left, and walked over to retrieve his sword.Turning to face Sable again, he said, "A drink would be great."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"Of course I'm a Matoran." Vertak replied to Elkaren. "What else do I look like? I'm certainly not some guy with four arms, and I'm far too short to be a Toa."He set the drink he'd grabbed down; he'd had enough of the cider for the day, and he grabbed a chair and finally sat down at the table with the majority of them, leaving the likes of Sable and Grayvern to stand awkwardly.

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"Why do you assume it wasn't me?" Vertak asked, shrugging and signalling to the waiter for a tea. "But then again, don't mind me... just vanishing out of sight for a second."Vertak activated his Kanohi Volitak for a split second before becoming visible again, so fast that if anyone at the table had blinked, they would have missed it. If they saw it, the world probably felt just the tiniest bit out of balance after a Matoran had flickered.