• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics

Of Fear and Mystery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
372 replies to this topic

#161 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,377 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 09:52 AM

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"Yes. I am most certainly a Toa that is extremely short." Vertak said. "Does that sound plausible? Or is it just easier to accept that I am a Matoran?"Inside, Vertak was laughing a little too much about the issue, and also wondering whether he was actually ever going to get that discussion in with Artorre before either night came or they were both too drunk to even care.

4_-_drift_force_teaser_v2.jpg

#162 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 10:40 AM

OOC: Don't worry, it's only 10 or 11 and Artorre stopped drinking because he doesn't want to be passed out drunk for drink dropping. =PSpeaking of the time, when's it gonna be time for the opening ceremony, Kal?IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:Artorre was about to get up to get more hats, when he realized that there wasn't a single one left in the bar. He sat back down with a sigh. "So," he said, "You're a Matoran with elemental powers? Interesting. Well, if Matoran get elemental powers, I guess Toa should have two, right?" After saying this, he sent a small bolt of electricity at a person who had passed out on the other side of the bar, jolting him awake. Then he created a fireball in his hand for several seconds. While everyone was reacting to his displaying multiple elemental powers, he signaled to Sevarinous. "Hey, waiter! Never thought I'd say this, but I could use some tea!"

#163 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,377 posts

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 11:02 AM

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"A Matoran with powers... I suppose you could say that." Vertak said thoughtfully as he awaited his tea. "Although I would personally prefer the term 'Matoran Nuva' or 'Matoran of Awesome', or 'The Best Matoran Ever'."That was just him, of course. "A Matoran with Powers" was far too long and complicated for him to be introducing himself as.

#164 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 05:20 PM

IC: 'Ta' (Underhorror)Suddenly, the Vortixx brightened. He remembered a god place to find things to do! Ta lumbered off, club slung over his shoulder. He eventually reached the door of Maze Craze, where he plopped down next to the entrance. He smiled, without much intelligence in the action. For sure someone would get him a task if he sat here! OOC: Open for interaction.Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#165 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 05:44 PM

OOC: Sorry, I normally don't get much time on BZPower on the weekends.Maze Craze / Sevarinous / IC:Sevarinous busily scurried about, waiting on tables and refilling drinks. He didn’t say anything about the actions of the patrons, instead merely stepping out of the way when necessary. Syrifar just quietly drank another Frusian Cider, wondering about its contents.It was now 11, an hour had flown by. Sevarinous checked the old clock that hung behind the bar. Yep, only an hour left before he temporarily closed the doors of the Maze Craze for the opening ceremonies of Trouble. He ducked in the back to clean mugs and cups, leaving the upper class Steltain at the bar to take orders for awhile.

-----------------------------

Under Reconstruction

#166 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 07:45 PM

IC: Paktii - Paktii's Lab, UnderhorrorThe computer screen, which had been motionless for a good three minutes, suddenly came back to life with a result.

23 VISIBLE, 39 ESTIMATEDTYPE: TENTACLES

Paktii breathed. So that was it. A horror terror was a 39-tentacled monster. It seemed anti-climatic... but then, anti-climatic was a good thing, right? He could describe their appearance in three words (or was it four? Does thirty-nine count as two words or one? Or is thirty-nine-tentacled only one word?). And he could think about them - even picture them in his mind - without going insane.In fact... now that he knew what to expect... why not look at the recorded image? Every alarm in his mind went off, but he rationalized his curiosity. It was relatively low-quality video; he would squint and be ready to close his eyes; he would have his finger on the "exit" button; he would count its tentacles, giving himself something to focus on - something on which to focus, to be grammatically correct. Never mind, who cares about grammar, he was about to be the first one alive to remember what a horr-terr looks like! Paktii nervously accessed the image of Sable's imitation, squinting, finger on the ready. "One..." he said as it came up. That was an awful lot of tentacles. "Two..." This thing was definitely scary."Three..." Ok, he was bored with this. He stopped counting and studied the image, opening his eyes fully. This was it. This was a horror terror - made of sand, of course. He closed down the image; no sense risking a prolonged exposure to the image.It was an intimidating, disturbing form - but nothing on its own that would cause insanity to look at it. That supported Paktii's theory that horr-terrs were psionic - they transmitted feelings of horror to anyone who looked at them, driving them mad. But using their image on its own, he could build up a resistance to their powers."Wait... that can't be it." Why had the mere imitation of a horr-terr in Maze Craze caused such a commotion? Obviously a Toa of Stone, even in a body of sand, couldn't recreate their powers. "Maybe... they're only safe to look at... through a double-abstraction." After all, a shapeshifter imitating a horr-terr's form was only a single abstraction, but a picture of the shapeshifter was far enough removed that he could look at it safely. That made sense - that would be why no one had ever figured out the secret, even though they had tried single-abstractions.He could test that, too - he had a single-abstraction image of Terr on record, too. If he looked at that through a mirror, and his theory was correct, then he could prove that any horror terror's image was safe through a double abstraction.First things first, he had to pull up the image of Terr. He typed some commands into the computer to select him/her/it from the beings on record. He selected PHYSIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS again, and compared it with Sable - without looking at the image just yet. The computer crunched away and smoked for a few seconds, and then spat out an answer."NOT A MATCH."Well... that was unexpected. Not horribly unlikely, though - maybe horror terrors all looked different, or maybe the fact that one was made of sand was throwing off the computer. He typed "LIMB COUNT" again. The computer wasted no time in responding."ERROR: VISUAL FIDELITY INSUFFICIENT""What?" That was unexpected, too - although it could be explained, as Terr was off in the shadowy corner of the bar. Despite his rationalizations, Paktii was starting to get the feeling that this experiment would not go as planned.No point wondering about it, though. Hesitatingly, Paktii set up a mirror facing the computer, and selected the option to bring up the video of Terr on a loop. He quickly looked away, toward the ground. Taking a deep breath, he slowly looked toward the mirror."What?" That wasn't what he expected to see at all. Without thinking, he whipped around to face the computer. It was the same thing he saw in the mirror.Just static.OOC: Still open for interaction. You guys are missing out on science!

IrMSNn3.png

#167 Offline Takanuvainika

Takanuvainika
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 271 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 10:41 PM

IC: MonikThe vortixx opened his eyes and thought for a bit, he couldn’t remember who he was, where he was, or anything else. He sat up and saw that he was on a simple bed in a plain room and there was a toa with mismatched armour sitting on a chair beside him. “Who are you?” He asked the toa. “I am Monik a toa of psionics and you have asked me to purge your mind in order to forget some rather unpleasant experiences. Now before the purge you asked to have a new name, so how about ‘Kie’?” The vortixx sat there with a confused looked as he processed the information, he finally slowly said; “Kie doesn’t sound right, how about Kia?” “Perfect!” Monik said with a beaming smile. “But why did I want to be purged?” The vortixx asked. “If I told you that then what would be the point of getting purged.” Monik said. The vortixx stood up. “So where am I?” He asked. Monik stood up and walked over to the door and opened it. “You are in your new home in a village of other purged. Incidentally here is enough money to start your new life.” Monik said as he handed the vortixx a stack of widgets. The vortixx walked out and looked around at the small village. “I suggest you head over to the town office and apply for a job.” Monik said walking out after him. “Well enjoy your new life.” Monik said teleporting away.Monik appeared in front of his house and spied a flyer blowing along the ground; grabbing it telekinetically he brought it to him and read it “THE KING ANOUNCES TROUBLE.” Monik’s eyes widened at the news. “I must stop trouble!” he yelled, he the looked at the castle and teleported towards it.OOC: Hurray for introduction posts. Does the throne room have windows?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

#168 Offline GTS

GTS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,528 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 03:32 AM

IC: SableHe smiled stupidly. 'Alright, I'm buying.' He walked up to the bar and extracted a small bag of coins from his mass. Dropping several on the counter, he said to the barkeep 'two pints of Frucian Cider, please.' He looked to Grayvern and whispered 'He's going to wonder why there's a pile of sand in the cashier in a few hours.'

#169 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 639 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 04:48 AM

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IV [Underhorror]Kassermoon had just had a revelation. He had realised why his business partner had still not arrived at their meeting spot, even after he had waited there for several days." Because she doesn't exist." Kassermoon thought out loud. "I really need to keep track of which of my friends are imaginary and which ones are real. I mean, it shouldn't be hard." He walked down the street and continued rambling to himself.

OOC: Kassermoon still open for interaction.

Doctorcouch is back again [X]

Doctorcouch is gone again [  ]

#170 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 08:37 AM

IC: Paktii - Maze CrazePaktii once again burst into Maze Craze. "I'm back!" he said, as if anybody had missed him."I figured it out. It's not that you can't look at a horror terror... you can't see them!"If you take a video of it, it'll just be static. If you take a picture, it won't develop. When you look at a horror terror, there's nothing there. It's not invisible; you can't see behind it. It's not just absorbing the light; then it would just be black. It's... actually null and void to your eyes - a hole in your vision."And that's where you get into trouble. Because your brain, subconsciously, doesn't like things it can't see, so it tries to fill in for you. You can subconsciously sense the horror terror's mind because it has such a strong psionic presence... so when you look where a horror terror should be, and see nothing, it gets filled in by your worst nightmare, which is worse than anything you could actually see."Paktii looked around. There were a lot of beings staring at him, and probably not in a good way. "That's it. Thought you ought to know."Paktii sat down, careful not to intrude on Sable's space this time. His next step, he decided, would be to synthesize a null material - something that has the same effects as looking at a horror terror, but without the psionic presence that caused madness. How he was going to do that, he had no idea - anything he could think of would just absorb all the light in the area and appear black.OOC: Open for interaction.IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - Just inside Underhorror.Gwd spotted a Trouble poster on the wall. "Trouble starts in an hour!" he exclaimed. "Sorry, guys, I've got to get down to the opening ceremonies. You're welcome to join me."Gwd looked down at himself - he wanted to present well at the ceremonies. This form was certainly intimidating, but it would perhaps attract too much attention. Well, there was plenty of time for intimidation when the games started - for now it was best to blend in and observe.He also glanced at Teravic - he usually waited as long as possible before revealing to a being that he was a shapeshifter; partly because it was a game to him now, but mostly because the majority of beings didn't trust shapeshifters. He didn't blame them - after all, if one's very body is a lie, how can you trust anything they say? Gwdkwowhi considered himself different, though: he didn't have a true form, at least that he knew of, so he couldn't deceive anyone by changing into something else.In fact, he reasoned, it was more deceitful to let them think that he was not a shapeshifter. He changed into a more Toa-like form and started to jog towards the center of the city, where the ceremonies would be held.

IrMSNn3.png

#171 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 08:45 AM

IC: ElkarenElkaren stared at Paktii. Finally, he said "Did you find out anything else?" He took a glance at Terr to test Paktii's theory.

#172 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 09:28 AM

IC: Paktii - Maze Craze."Yeah, some other things," Paktii said, surprised that someone was actually interested. "Woah, careful!" he said as Elkaren looked over in Terr's direction. "Knowing about the nightmares doesn't make them any safer. Not yet.""The form Sable took was a 39-tentacled blob - sort of like the legends of Tren Krom - interestingly, another creature that you can't look at without going mad. Except Tren Krom might have had more tentacles? Anyways, even though that form was technically harmless to look at, it was still too close... too personal... and the fact that we knew it was a horror terror brought back memories."So far, I've determined it's only safe to look at a horror terror through a double-abstraction. The first level has to be a living being, something that can actually see it and not just static or void - like Sable's shapeshifting, or maybe someone could draw a picture or make a sculpture. But that's still not safe to look at. If you abstract that further, though - take a picture of the shapeshifter or the sculpture, or look at the picture through a mirror - it's safe. Almost. At that point it depends a lot on your psyche... memories are a nasty thing."The problem, though, is that a living being still has to look at it first, and a living being can't look at it without going mad. And that's what I need to solve next in order to find a cure for our insanity, and a way to beat them - there needs to be a way to cut out the middle-man. More like middle-madman. There has to be something impersonal that can respond to a horror terror's nonvisual appearance... but I don't know. I'm a metal-and-electricity type of guy, I don't really do the psionic stuff."

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy, Oct 07 2012 - 09:30 AM.

IrMSNn3.png

#173 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,377 posts

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 10:34 AM

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"That is a pretty neat discovery." Vertak acknowledged, now attempting to not look at the Horror Terror in the room with them. "Unfortunately, I'm lacking in the psionics field. We'll need a Toa of Psionics for that, most likely. Unless a Suletu-user exists and has the mental capacity to understand words."Which, unfortunately, Vertak doubted.

#174 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 10:48 AM

IC: Paktii - Maze CrazePaktii sighed. "Back home, we could solve this problem in a few weeks. We would spend most of the time doing research; we could order parts from Metru Nui, hire a Toa of Psionics as an advisor... but none of that works down here.""Isn't it ironic, that the horror terrors themselves are the reason we can't beat the horror terrors?"Paktii rubbed the red mark on his neck, deep in thought. "Maybe I'm overthinking this, though... I'm thinking in terms of technology that just doesn't exist down here. We need something more... improvised."An idea slowly came to him, but it wasn't fully formed yet and the more he thought about it, the more scattered the idea became. He changed the subject to allow his subconcious to mull it over for a while."Is anyone else concerned that we're talking about how to defeat a horror terror's greatest weapon...in front of a horror terror... and he's not doing anything about it?""I can only think of a few reasons for that... maybe he doesn't think I'll succeed, and he won't kill me until I'm close to something...""Or... maybe he actually wants me to succeed.""Or maybe," jeered a Fe-Matoran at the adjacent table, "he doesn't care and just wants you to shut up, enjoy your drink, and leave well enough alone.""That could be it, too..." muttered Paktii. He looked around the bar."Wait a minute. Where did everyone's hats go?"OOC: I totally remembered that red mark on his neck from my bio. Definitely didn't completely forget about it until now, when it's suddenly useful to make a ridiculously subtle and not-that-funny joke.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy, Oct 07 2012 - 10:48 AM.

IrMSNn3.png

#175 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:08 AM

IC: Teravic"Eh, it's...strange. Lots of crazy people around here."He cast a sideways glance at Gwd in time to see the shapeshifter transform and run off."Oh, it starts in an hour? C'mon, let's go!"Teravic started jogging after Gwd, still not using his Kakama for Karorahk's sake.

brokenmr.jpg

#176 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,377 posts

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:15 AM

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"Every single hat in the room decided it didn't feel like existing anymore and crumpled in on itself." Vertak explained. "That's my way of telling you that I crushed all of them... and, just in case you didn't know, I'm Vertak. I'd be happy to try and help with your research sometime."Nothing like skimping on his duties as a guard of the king, after all.

#177 Offline Takanuvainika

Takanuvainika
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 271 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:26 AM

IC: MonikMonik teleported into the air beside the castle and then teleported in through a window, he appeared in front of the king and said "Hello, I am here to stop Trouble."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

#178 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,139 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 12:37 PM

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): Teravic would soon discover that he need not slow himseof down for Karorahk's sake. The metal colossus didn't run at all. Instead, he just teleported along side the two toa-like beings, a few steps at a time.

Cit_D_Small.png

#179 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 06:52 PM

IC: Tower of Terror - Underhorror A silken cape of purple cloth swirled around Hexxon as he spun in place, his movements caught in the mirror-like sheet of crystal hefted by a diminutive priest. Another, who had brought the garment, watched as the Toa fastened the ends of the cloth to his uneven shoulder guards. Hexxon then turned to the mirror, the holder of which was clearly struggling to hold up without moving the looking glass too much.Smilling at his reflection, he adored the now polished plating of his mismatched armor and adjusted his cape. Each color clashed with its neighboring hue, creating a patchwork outfit that glowed as the daylight sent a sheen across it vibrant surface. The grinning, scarred Kanohi did not add any sense or sanity to his apparel either."I must look my best for one of our holiest activities," Hexxon told the two others. Then, whirling to face the priest who hand handed him the cape, he added, "Now, ready yourselves as well. Supplies must be packed, the dead properly prepared, and maps drawn. Hurry now!"The Toa of Psionics proceeded to the chamber's window, but not before dismissing the both priests away with kicks to their backs toward the door. All they needed was another to die, and in a world like theirs, that wasn't a very long wish to wait for.

#180 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 07:17 PM

IC:Despite himself, Grayvern smiled at Sable's small joke. While the sand-being wasn't being an insensitive clod, he was actually a pretty nice guy. Maybe the sort of guy he needed as a friend."Well, I'm fairly certain that they've received far stranger payment," the Toa replied with a slight grin, "Besides, they'll probably add the sand to their next batch of Frusian Cider. Give it a little flavour."The barkeep returned quickly with the two pints of the aforementioned drink, laying them down in front of the pair. Picking up his glass, the warrior gave Sable a grim smile."To insanity."-Void

#181 Offline GTS

GTS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,528 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:24 PM

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:"That is a pretty neat discovery." Vertak acknowledged, now attempting to not look at the Horror Terror in the room with them. "Unfortunately, I'm lacking in the psionics field. We'll need a Toa of Psionics for that, most likely. Unless a Suletu-user exists and has the mental capacity to understand words."Which, unfortunately, Vertak doubted.

IC: Sable'Haha, to insanity.' He clinked glasses with Grayvern and took a good, long swig.Upon hearing the word 'Suletu' he looked to Grayvern, said 'Do excuse me for a second,' sank into the floorboards, and sprang up between Paktii and Vertak. 'Did you say Suletu-user? I believe I may be of further service.' He bowed politely.

#182 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 09:42 AM

IC: GwdkwowhiAs he ran, Gwd started to tire. Teravic looked fine; even though he wasn't actively using his Kakama, it would still give him more endurance than Gwd.And Gwd really didn't want to show fatigue and weakness in public - not if he was planning to make a name for himself. Instead, he used a trick that he had learned once running from rather large Rahi.He changed his arms into legs and his legs into arms, simultaneously turning his torso upside down. When he was done, he looked exactly the same, but could keep going for a good while longer. He had been told this move was extremely confusing to watch. That was the way he liked it.IC: Paktii - Maze Craze"Hi, Vertak. We... might have met before, during that whole robot-Frostelus-but-not-the-same-being-just-the-robot-caused-me-to-run-into-the-Frostelus incident? Not sure... met a lot of people during that madness. Anyways, I think my next step is to try to create a material that has the same properties as a horror terror's armor - that is, visually null. Because I'm creating it, though, I might not know when I've succeeded because my brain will just fill in the space with what I know is there. So just let me know when you can't see what I'm working on."Paktii, turning his attention to the table, created a small block of metal. It looked pretty normal. He looked up. "Anything?"He started as Sable popped up beside them. "You've already been a huge help." Paktii said when Sable offered his services. "That stunt scared me half to death (so please don't do it again - you know what happens when you're scared half to death twice?), but I had some breakthroughs from it. Nice horror-terror form, by the way - I saw the recording of it. Takes a lot of concentration to maintain a body like that. I think. I'm not a shapeshifter. Although, maybe I could be, to some degree - I could control my armor. Never thought of that before. I'll have to try it sometime - right, Suletu.""So, my eventual goal is to make a... thing - maybe techno-goggles of some sort? - that lets you look directly at a horror terror without any ill effects. Here's how it'll work..." Paktii found a pen in his bag, but as there was no paper around, or even a napkin, he wrote on the table."Incoming light will hit a mirror - for a first layer of abstraction." He drew light (lines) hitting a mirror (another line) and bouncing off (more lines). "Then it goes into some unknown device-" he drew a box with a question mark in it. For a brief moment he had a mental image of a mushroom coming out of it and started to draw that before realizing it was irrelevant to his design. "-which takes the light and outputs a video image - complete with horror terror, if the mirror's pointed it." He drew a cable (a squiggly line) to a video screen, where he drew a comically not-scary monster."And that unknown device is the tricky part - hence why it's unknown. A standard camera will just show static if you point it at a horror terror because horror terrors reflect null light. The reason we can see them is because the horror terror is planting an image of itself in our subconscious (I'm only 80% sure this happens, actually), which our brains use to fill in the hole in our vision if we look at it - and at that moment, our minds touch the horr-terr's, and their minds are so different, that causes us to go crazy. Which is why most of us are crazy.""So we need some impersonal... thing... that can fill in blanks just like our mind, and can sense a horror terror's psionic presence, but will just output what it sees instead of going crazy like a real being. And that's where I'm stuck, because I'm a Toa of Iron, which means I solve practical problems, and all this psionic stuff is way over my head. No pun intended."

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy, Oct 08 2012 - 09:43 AM.

IrMSNn3.png

#183 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 06:54 PM

IC: Teravic"That's a neat trick," Teravic mumbled upon seeing Karorahk teleport to him.With that, he activated his Kakama and easily caught up with Gwd in time to notice and be confused by the barely noticeable and very confusing transformation. He slowed down until he was neck-in-neck with the shapeshifter and muttered, "and so is that."

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer, Oct 08 2012 - 10:13 PM.

brokenmr.jpg

#184 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 07:31 PM

Throne Room / Sevorik in the Castle / IC:Sevorik raised an eyebrow at Monik’s sudden appearance. He looked up and down the long room, taking note that he was tucked so far into the castle that even he didn’t know how to exit it. He always used a GTG pad. And there was also the fact that the castle had like zero windows. Or maybe it did, and they were just that dirty.Either way, Monik shouldn’t have been able to get past the guards or teleport in, and yet here he was. Sevorik simply said, “Hmmm,” and stared at the multi-colored being. Main City Square / Thrinx / IC:Thrinx supervised the remaining preparations that were being completed. A rather large lightstone was her podium, and it was being tuned to reach as many other lightstones as possible. Her mind was taken to her presentation as a clock tower strung twelve. That clock had always been off for some reason; she had 15 minutes before the crowds would gather to hear her.GM / Maze Craze:A shiver filled the room, coursing up and down many beings’ spines; it continued to be so for several seconds before it thankfully ended. The Zyglak from before got a confused look on his face; he stood up and asked the room, “Who’s talking about them? Cause I think Terr wants to answer some yes or no questions.”Syrifar, upon hearing the clock tower strike twelve, knew it was time to get a move on before the crowds surged the Main City Square. He let his pay, which Sevarinous snatched up, and headed out the door, not paying heed to anyone else.

Under Reconstruction

#185 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 08:04 PM

IC: UnderhorrorReptak was already on his way to the Main City Square when the clock began its twelve o'clock pealing. Initially looking for some social interaction, he thought it best to search while on his way to the Trouble opening ceremonies. This city was huge and labyrinthine after all, so it was best to get a head start before he found himself lost or got caught in a crowd.The Skakdi had once tried to memorize the vast complex of Underhorror, though its immenseness and his lack of sanity killed that attempt. He knew his way around some sections of the city, and anytime he wanted to go somewhere else besides his usual loitering areas, Reptak simply dissolved into dust particles and flew to his destination, a form which he used now.Too bad for some folks, he thought. They don't have the luxury of flight, and have to get around on foot. That gives me time to find a good seat!

#186 Offline GTS

GTS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,528 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 08:14 PM

IC: Sable'Why not just use two mirrors? Reflection of a reflection, I'm pretty sure that's a double-abstraction.' He sat down on a nearby chair, crossing one leg over the other. When he felt the shivers down his spine, he stood right back up. 'Maybe we should head back to your lab. I don't think it likes us talking about them.' Sable added quietly 'and I am NOT getting ripped apart again.'

#187 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 08:27 PM

IC: Grayvern of Therin - Maze CrazeGrayvern returned the smile, taking a short swig of the Cider. To this day, he still wasn't quite sure if it was alcoholic or not, but it hydrated him, and it tasted... well, it tasted like something. That was good enough.Hearing the clock tower strike twelve, Grayvern followed Syrifar's example, taking another gulp of the liquid, before setting the glass back down on the counter."Sorry guys, but I've got to be going. Time for some Trouble, y'know?" he said, giving a small grin as he walked out the door, heading straight for the square, hopefully in time for the opening ceremonies.-Void

#188 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 08:41 PM

IC: Paktii - Maze CrazePaktii felt the shiver too. When the Zyglak said "I think Terr wants to answer some yes or no questions", he stood up nervously, picking up the inert piece of metal he had created. Striding past the Zyglak, he muttered, "one for yes, two for no, right?" The Zyglak nodded - or at least Paktii though he did; his eyes were closed as he approached Terr.Paktii turned the metal into a pair of glasses that were completely opaque - which would be useless except if you intended to speak to a being that would drive you mad if you got a glimpse of it. "Finally, some answers." he muttered. "For too long, I've been..." Paktii put on the shades. "...kept in the dark."What, though, do you ask a horror terror? The first question was "why do you want to help me?" but that wasn't yes or no. Finally he decided on some better ones."Are you actually going to help me?""Will you kill me if I find out too much?""Are you here... because you're hiding from the others? Or because you're spying on us?"Paktii wanted to ask the monster more - specifically about his current project: their null appearance, and the armor that made it possible. But he could figure that out through experiments, and it's possible the horror terror didn't even know, any more than an average Matoran knew how their heartlight worked. So he asked Terr the question that that burned in his mind, that he wondered every moment he worked on his research."Can there ever be peace between your kind and my kind?"...The clock tower rang out. "Trouble," muttered Paktii. He would wait for his answers, but it was a bad time to ask more questions. Save one. "Would you answer more questions if I came back later?""Thank you for helping me," he added, not wanted to sound ungrateful that the most powerful, otherworldly creature in the city had offered to help him.IC: Gwdkwowhi - UnderhorrorGwd jogged into the City Square with a few minutes to spare. "Here we go."

IrMSNn3.png

#189 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 09:06 PM

GM / Maze Craze:Paktii got his answers in the form of more bodily shivers even as more and more beings exited the establishment.“Are you actually going to help me?” A shiver.“Will you kill me if I find out too much?” One shiver, followed closely by a second.“Are you here… because you’re hiding from the others?” Another shiver.“Or because you’re spying on us?” One more shiver.“Can there ever be peace between your kind and my kind?” There was a hesitation and the remaining beings in the room all quieted. This was a question that needed answering. Finally, after about a minute of nothing, two quick shivers ran through the room. One Skakdi swore and toppled his chair, raging out of the building.

Under Reconstruction

#190 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 639 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 09:22 PM

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVKassermoon heard the bell tower ring. The Trouble. He stopped, and began walking in the general direction of the noise. He had little real interest in the Trouble, but it wasn't like there was much else to do. He shouted "Charge!" and ran off towards the city square.

Doctorcouch is back again [X]

Doctorcouch is gone again [  ]

#191 Offline Takanuvainika

Takanuvainika
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 271 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 09:43 PM

OOC: I Asked if there were windows but I didn't get an answer, but I have a backup plan; Monik can mentally link with the king or a servent that's in there then use their eyes to teleport in, I know it's risky but a crazy person wouldn't care.IC: Monik"So what do I have to do to stop Trouble?" Monik said.

Edited by Takanuvainika, Oct 08 2012 - 09:44 PM.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

#192 Offline GTS

GTS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,528 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 10:38 PM

IC: Sable'Ahhh, time for Trouble.' He finished his drink, and slithered out of the bar, exploded into a cloud of sand, and rode the wind in the Town Square. Here, he reformed and waited.

#193 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,139 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 11:41 PM

OOC: Woohoo, my first post involving all my characters at once! :D

IC: Gwdkwowhi - UnderhorrorGwd jogged into the City Square with a few minutes to spare. "Here we go."

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror Main City Square): Karorahk arrived at the square with its two new friends. It wasn't completely on top of what has going on, but so long as the Speaker and the Living were allright with it, it was willing to stay here and find out. The three of them found a spot near the back of the crowd, which would allow most other beings to see what was going on without needing x-ray vision to see through Karorahk's immense bulk.IC (Krokk and Mala, Underhorror Main City Square): Further even behind them, two other beings stood waiting for the ceremony to begin. They had travelled a long way to come here, from the untamed outskirts of Violet Orange in order to prove themselves. No longer, they had decided, would they live in fear of other beings. They had hidden for long enough, and now, after 5,000 years, they had decided to come out.That did not mean, however, that they were going to be stupid about it. Underhorror almost contained more whackos who wanted to kill them than the world above, so they stood far behind the rest of the crowd in the shadow of an alleyway, where nobody noticed them. Here, they were imperceptible to other beings, thanks to the psionic illusion that Mala was using to cover them both. Both Skakdi waited, with baited breath, for the games' opening to begin.IC (Koranga, Underhorror Main City Square): Behind Thrinx, at the back of the platform, Koranga stood, silently surveying the gathered crowd. As a member of the King's Guard, it was his job to make sure that this important ceremony ran smoothly, without interruption from any of the madbeings out there in the square. Personally, he thought it was an unattainable goal - never had so many lunatics gathered in one place, so someone was bound to go crazy and start a fight. This was exactly why he had volunteered to be on the guard here today - there was a very good chance that he would get the chance to pound some criminal to a pulp on some trumped-up charge of disturbing the peace. He smiled darkly, breaking his deadpan vigilance as a tiny tendril of shadow leaked out of his fist.OOC: Koranga open to arrest anyone who causes trouble at the ceremony. :sly:

Cit_D_Small.png

#194 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 09:51 AM

IC: Paktii - Maze Craze"Thank you again." Paktii said quietly as he turned to leave. He was shaky after the encounter; partly because of the answers he got (the only one of which he liked was that Terr would not try to kill him. Who was he kidding? There was no "try" about it), and partly because he had just had a conversation that consisted of shivers in his spine - not an experience he necessarily wanted to repeat.He stumbled over a few tables before remembering to take off his shades and left the bar. He turned to Sable. "So, you were saying two mirrors? I wish it were that easy; see, it would have to be a different - " Paktii stopped when he realized he was talking to a cloud of sand rushing by. "I'll tell you later."Paktii waited in line for a teleport pad to take him to the Square, pondering the answers that Terr had given to him....[Underhorror City Square]When Paktii arrived, he was rather late, so he stood at the outskirts of the crowd, next to an orange Toa (Plasma?), a large Rahkshi-like being, and a Toa of Fire. (Gwdkwowhi, Karorahk, and Teravic)."Hi, I'm Paktii," he said to the orange Toa.Gwdkwowhi looked at Paktii. Why was this Toa of Iron talking to him? "I'm Gwdkwowhi," he said. "The Speaker," he quickly added before Karorahk could cut in."Quid... go... he... what?""You can call me Gwd.""That's much better." Paktii would have disagreed if he had seen it written - missing vowels were a pet peeve of his. "Do you know anything about horror terrors? I've been studying them a lot lately. Made some really interesting discoveries the past few days. They don't show up at all on a camera, for one, and you can't even look at a shapeshifter's imitation of one without going crazy, but picture of a shapeshifter's imitation is fine."Gwdkwowhi realized why Paktii was speaking to him - he just liked to talk and Gwd was the closest being that might pretend to listen. "Interesting. I try to avoid horror terrors - I think that Uthermi chose to be Purged for a reason.""You should stay out of Maze Craze then. There's a horror terror that hangs out there. I talked with him a few minutes ago - well, not really talked. Well, I talked," - Gwdkwowhi believed it - "but Terr just sent shivers down my spine. One for 'yes', two for 'no'. It's not a pleasant way to communicate."When Gwd didn't respond, Paktii continued. "He also gets a bit touchy sometimes. That shapeshifter I mentioned earlier got blasted apart by him. Sort of - a few seconds later he was fine. He's over there." Paktii pointed at Sable. "I was talking with him a bit, but... I dunno. I'll take a break. Shapeshifters give me the creeps.""I get that a lot," Gwdkwowhi said evenly.Paktii frowned. "What do you mean?"Gwd chose that moment to swap his arms and legs into their rightful places.Paktii groaned. "You too? Am I the only normal Toa down here?""No," said Gwd with a smile. "You're not normal."Paktii sighed and noticed the other beings standing with Gwd... ko... whatever. "Hi, I'm Paktii," he said, grinning.OOC: Well, that was fun - even though my characters don't seem to get along very well :P

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy, Oct 09 2012 - 12:00 PM.

IrMSNn3.png

#195 Offline Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 10:41 AM

IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:"Well, I'm off," Artorre said as the bell rang. He stood up and slapped the rather large amount of widgets everyone owed for their drinks onto the table. "Drinking contests," he explained with a grin, then turned and exited the building. He stole another hat, this one a cowboy hat, on his way to the square. The previous owner seemed to have been getting as far away from the opening ceremony as possible.

#196 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 02:26 PM

IC: 'Ta' (Outside Maze Craze)The Vortixx didn't take any notice to the ringing of the bell, instead still waiting for something to do. Still believing someone inside would give him a task, Ta waited. OOC: Still open for interaction.Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey begins! Feel free to join as the quest starts out.  ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#197 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 04:50 PM

IC: Teravic"The Living," Teravic introduced, "Teravic the Living."

brokenmr.jpg

#198 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members

• 2,781 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 05:48 PM

IC: Paktii and Gwdkwowhi - City Square"The Speaker and the Living... interesting. Do you just give yourselves these titles, or is there some history behind them, or...?""Ask Karorahk." said Gwdkwowhi with a chuckle, gesturing toward the bulky being, who, despite their considerate position at the edge of the crowd, was starting to draw complaints from the Matoran behind them."Hey," he said suddenly to Paktii. "You haven't seen a Toa of Plasma around, about 300 years ago, have you?"Paktii grinned. "Sure, I - oh, 300 years? I've been here for three. Sorry." A thought occurred to him. "At first I thought you were talking about yourself - I mean, yeah, I see one right now, actually, right in front of me!" He laughed hysterically despite it not being that funny.Gwdkwowhi was not nearly as amused. "I was talking about myself," he muttered, looking off into the distance, deep in thought. "And somehow, nobody has seen me before I was Purged.""Oh, you were Purged? I'm sorry. I would never get Purged - I mean, the Cavern of the Unseen is kind of bad, but I wouldn't want to give up my memory of my homeland! I liked it there - best time of my life. Lived there most my life, actually. And it's definitely better than here. Sometimes I wonder if I could ever go back. And then I remember that it doesn't exist anymore and it got pulled underground, so if it did still exist it would be a place like this and not so nice and-" Paktii cut himself off by hitting his mask, before he said anything else inconsiderate.

IrMSNn3.png

#199 Offline Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 4,377 posts

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 06:38 PM

IC: Vertak, Maze Craze:Vertak followed Artorre, thinking over the responses Paktii had received - the notion that the Horror Terrors could never make peace with them was... disturbing, to say the least."I see you have a new hat." he told Artorre. "Oops, now it's gone."Much like every hat in the Maze Craze had vanished.

#200 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,250 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 07:20 PM

IC: ElkarenElkaren silently followed the crowd. He was a bit reluctant to leave Maze Craze but he didn't want to stand out. Besides, he might as well see what all this was about

Edited by Constructman, Oct 09 2012 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users