Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics

Kal the Guardian

IC: Monik"So perhaps if I alter a person's mind, I can change it so that instead of seeing their worst nightmares they see something nice like a box or a tetrahedron. And I would like to join your group to make sure the one who wins is the one Mata-Nui wants to win, but I haven't figured out who is supposed win yet."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Monik"So perhaps if I alter a person's mind, I can change it so that instead of seeing their worst nightmares they see something nice like a box or a tetrahedron. And I would like to join your group to make sure the one who wins is the one Mata-Nui wants to win, but I haven't figured out who is supposed win yet."
IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVKassermoon shuddered. "My worst nightmare involved a tetrahedron."

OOC: Thanks, Lorax! I'll take it from here. As for Karorahk in Trouble, I'm pretty sure there will be rules against teleporting and flying. I was worried about Gwdkwowhi having an advantage until Karorahk went from the city to the Bone Doors and back in less than a second :PIC: Paktii - Underhorror City SquarePaktii glanced at Gwdkwowhi. "That's not really relevant; I think that a Horror Terror actually projects its image into your subconscious, which creates a psionic link when - " he noticed that the assembled team's eyes were glazing over (except for Gwdkwowhi, who didn't really have eyes at that moment), so he simplified a bit."When you look at a horror terror, it doesn't have an image, so your brain tries to fill it in, like Sable said. But it's not just our worst nightmares - the horror terror actually transmits what it wants us to see. And that is really what makes you go insane. So, if you" - he turned to Monik - "could somehow block their subconscious transmission, and maybe replace it with something not quite as scary, we'd be able to see them. Well, not really see them, but see where they are and generally what they're doing. "IC: Gwdkwowhi (Tetrahedron form) - Underhorror City Square"Ah. Well, never mind then." Gwd said as he changed back into a Toa-ish form. "This is quite a large team - just to make sure, it has occurred to everybody here that there's only one winner, right? At some point, we're going to have to split up - or kill each other."Paktii raised his arms in submission. "Count me out," he said. "I'm just in it for the science. When it comes down to winning or losing, I'll let somebody else win or disqualify myself or something." He paused for a moment as he thought. "Unless, of course, I'm the only one left on the team... then I might try to win. Probably would still lose though."

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Monik"Like I said, I'm only here to make sure the one Mata-Nui wants to win, wins. Of course Mata-Nui may want me to win, but who knows?"

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Paktii - Underhorror City Square"Well, unless you've heard a message from Mata Nui, wouldn't that just be whoever happens to be winning? Whatever Mata Nui wants to happen is usually what happens. Because, you know, he does destiny and stuff."He thought for a moment. "Well, I'm heading back to my lab to work on some equipment - who am I kidding, I mean weapons - before the games. I'll meet you at the HQ in two hours - or you're welcome to come help me test stuff. I mean, I won't test it on you, that would be a bad idea. Anyways, see ya around! Good luck if I don't see you there. But I will. Good luck anyways!"He turned and walked off to a teleport pad, accidentally cutting in front of a Vortixx. He frantically apologized and waited in line like a normal person.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: SableMordum would feel a tap on the shoulder, and when he turned around, would find two finger-spikes pointed neatly millimeters from his eyes.'Lay a finger on him, and I will remove said finger from existence Maybe the hand it's attached to.' He nodded at Paktii, signalling him to head on through the telepad, then looked back at Mordum. 'Now see, you severely mispronounced "Excuse me, but I was waiting here, so if you could be so kind as to move the the back of the line." Could you please repeat what I just said to our little Matoran friend here?'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

OOC: Who's "our little Matoran friend"? Vertak? If you mean Paktii, he's a Toa (although a lot of times I accidentally picture him as a Matoran because he's so immature)IC: Paktii - Underhorror City SquarePaktii waved his thanks to Sable, and stepped onto the telepad....IC : Gwdkwowhi (Toa Form) - Underhorror City SquareGwdkwowhi brandished his whip (no sense shifting into a more powerful form just yet) and prepared for a fight, but it looked like Sable had the situation under control. It seemed that Sable's rough attitude extended to the defense of his friends, and that was something he could respect."I'm going to follow Paktii," he whispered to the others. "If he's making weapons, somebody needs to be able to explain how they work in plain Matoran."He turned himself into a snake, his preferred form for stealth. His armor was bright orange, which usually wasn't good for stealth, but the ground was roughly the same color, so around Violet Orange it actually worked.Gwd slithered toward the telepad, hoping Mordum wouldn't notice. IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii arrived at his lab, setting his computer to scanner mode so he would be alerted by an obnoxious beeping if anybody entered. This was necessary because, while he was at work, he was often able to ignore everything around him. He usually didn't want to ignore everything around him, but he did anyways. So he set up his computer.First, he had to get his gear together for Trouble. He pulled out his slug launcher from the closet. He always kept his warhammer on his person, but the slug launcher was a preferred weapon. Just a little heavy. As he often did, he wondered if it could shoot actual slugs instead of bits of metal, but quickly decided against an experiment. He also grabbed a couple of other useful parts (lightstones, gadgets, cables, miscellaneous things) and stuffed them in his bag.Satisfied with his equipment, Paktii slid over to the workbench. (he intentionally kept the floors a bit slick because sliding around is so much more fun than walking. It did cause visitors some trouble though. They usually broke something) There was one weapon he was concerned with making right now - an anti-horror-terror blade. According to legend, nothing could hurt a horror terror but another horror terror's armor. Paktii was of the opinion that there was nothing magical about the armor belonging to a horror terror - it was the metal itself that had the strength. And who better to try to replicate that metal than a Toa of Iron who had just spent the last day studying the visual properties of horror terror armor (or the lack thereof)?Sitting down, Paktii created a small dagger on the workbench. It looked like a normal dagger. He slowly changed its material until it changed to a darker color. It still looked like a normal dagger. Well, he would just have to brute force this. Paktii began iterating through every material he knew of, and combinations and modifications thereof.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Monik"Of course I get visions from Mata-Nui, well not quite visions just feelings. Well I off to to get something to eat before Trouble,"

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Sable'As a Toa who is made of Sand, I know my anatomy quite well.' Mordum could feel something shift beneath his armour, like sand. 'For example, did you know that there is a point in the base of the spine that, if affected in just the right way, can induce paralysis for ten minutes?' The shifting feeling situated itself in the aforementioned area. 'Would we like to test this theory, stranger?'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Mordum/OidumMordum's eye twitched for a moment, and suddenly, his voice changed, becoming slightly higher and with a slight Zakaz accent. The Protosteel knuckles seemed to melt and come together. The blob of metal suddenly popped into the shape of some odd mechanical device dotted with razor blades and drill-like apparatuses."Oh, please, call me Oidum!" he said cheerfully, "and you would be?"

67tlbk.png

IC: Grayvern of Therin - Main City Square"Problem here, mates?"The ebon-armoured Toa stood to the side of Sable and Oidum, hands at his hips, with his sword (surprisingly) still in its sheath, with a small, mocking grin on his face. His dull yellow eyes glanced between the both of them, seeing which one would respond first.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Artorre: Main City Square:"Aw," Artorre groaned, "I was hoping there'd be a fight. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time for fighting later, I suppose. I think I'll go see that one rambling guy's lab." With this, he, too, cut to the front of the line (Although his cutting wasn't accidental) and had himself teleported to Paktii's lab.

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVKassermoon also decided to go to Paktii's lab, since that seemed to be what all the cool kids were doing these days. He had no idea that he was supposed to stand in a line to teleport, and didn't even understand te concept of queuing for something, so he just leaped into the teleporter(literally).

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Snake form) - Underhorror City SquareGwd reached the teleporter and turned his head to make sure that he wasn't being followed by the strange Toa. To his surprise, the being abruptly changed his personality, his name, and his weapon, and overall seemed like much less of a threat.Surely whatever Paktii was working on wasn't going to be this interesting. He quickly debated returning to a Toa-like form, and decided against it. The team was obviously comfortable enough around Sable, so there was no sense hiding his identity as a shapeshifter - plus, unlike most other shapeshifters, he had no true form, so he was usually content with whatever he happened to be at the moment.Gwd turned around and slithered back to the group, lifting up his head so he could look the newcomer roughly in the eyes. "Oidum, is it? I'm Gwdkwowhi. I take it that Oidum is not your only name?"IC: Paktii - Paktii's labPaktii looked up from the frustratingly inert dagger as his computer started to beep. He walked over to it."INTRUDER DETECTED", it said (well, that's what Paktii said. Paktii usually read whatever his computer said out loud because he liked the idea of a talking computer but couldn't afford one, especially down in Violet Orange where any kind of computer was rare.)"Species: Toa of Light." Paktii turned around. "Oh, hi, Elkaren!" he said, dropping his computer voice. He turned to the computer and said in an assertive, clear voice while typing on the keyboard (He also liked to pretend that the computer could understand his speech) "Identify as Elkaren, visitor.""What brings you to my..." Paktii stopped as the computer started beeping again."INTRUDER DETECTED. Species: Toa of Fire." He turned around."I... I'm not sure we've met. My memory's not so good, sorry." ("Identify as visitor, name pending" he said to the computer)The computer started beeping a third time. "It's a party!""INTRUDER DETECTED. Species: Rahkshi of Chameleon." He turned to Kassermoon. "ACK! Rahkshi!" He reached for his slug launcher before remembering that this was Violet Orange and it was perfectly normal for a Rahkshi to walk around and not kill anyone. "Sorry. I'm just racist. Who are you?""Identify as visitor, name pending." he muttered to the computer (while typing)After a pause, he added in a lower voice, "affiliation pending."

IrMSNn3.png

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVKassermoon was very happy to give his name to anyone who would tolerate it, so someone actually asking for it made his mood skyrocket. He said in a clear voice "Greetings! I am The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great the Fourth!"

OOC: Just to avoid confusion, Oidum (as he's calling himself currently) is one of Brutaka's species.IC: OidumOidum turned his gaze to Gwd with a rather perplexed look on his mask."Well, no," he answered, "but I have a bunch of friends whose names sound like mine! Mordum, Lundum, Nendum...they all end in 'dum' for some reason."

67tlbk.png

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Snake form) - Underhorror City Square"I see. What are your other... friends... like? I think we just met one of them." Gwdkwowhi noticed a bit of a hiss creeping into his voice. Combined with his serpent body, it was giving a more intimidating impression than he intended, so he switched forms. This time he tried a body similar to a Vortixx (albeit a bit smaller), just to shake things up. Mostly, he didn't want his allies or enemies (in the case of some beings, both) to mistake him for a normal Toa. He was so much more than that.And so much less.IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii's jaw dropped as Kassermoon gave his name. He spoke to the computer, not entering anything on the keyboard, forgetting that he had to. "Identify as... uh... that."When the computer didn't respond, he typed in "Kassermoon" - he hoped the Rahkshi wouldn't be offended by the abbreviation."So, have you found out anything yet?" asked Elkaren. Paktii turned to him."Well, I'm trying to replicate the material of a horror terror's armor - if I can make a weapon out of that, it will be extremely strong, sharp, nearly unbreakable, and, maybe most importantly, able to harm a horror terror.""As you can see..." Paktii hit the dagger (currently a greenish-silver) on the workbench with a hammer. It split into pieces. "I'm not quite there yet.""Maybe I need a break from this. What kind of weapons do you guys prefer? Maybe I can make something for you."

IrMSNn3.png

IC: MonikMonik arrived at his house and went into the kitchen, while munching a some fruit he filled a bag with provisions and supplies, he went to get his weapons before he remembered that his claws were his only weapons. 'Maybe I should go to the Iron toa to see if he has some new weapons.' He thought, so he headed for Paktii's house.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Main City Square / Syrifar / IC:Syrifar moved as soon as Sevorik left the stage, tracking where he was going and trying to intercept him. The Vortixx noticed this and strangely got a frightened expression on his face. Syrifar suddenly ran into two Stetians he didn’t notice before. One had some foam around one corner of his mouth and both their eyes seem encrusted as if they had some disease.Syrifar paid them no mind as he apologized and stepped around them, but Sevorik was gone, as was Syrifar’s opportunity to talk with the old friend. So, instead, Syrifar headed for the nearest GTG pad and hit the violet button that appeared. He would spend the two hours waiting in Garret’s Headquarters, reflecting on why Sevorik had apparently fled from him.Main City Square / Sevorik / IC:Sevorik hurried away from Syrifar. His mind was racing. He didn’t know why, but seeing the former king had sent terror through him, causing him to panic and hurry away. It was a good thing those Stetian’s had arrived when they did. That had been a happy coincidence.Stepping around a few corners and down a flight of stairs, Sevorik rammed his fist into the wall. What kind of speech was that?! He asked himself, furious and confused at why he had said what he had said. That speech had definitely not been uplifting. If anything, it had been a challenge to everyone to face him. As if he would be the only one to return from survival.A migraine suddenly assaulted Sevorik and he dropped to his knees. Why was this all happening? Why did he order the things he did? He froze once again as he had an internal battle with himself. His whole life had been for the betterment of Underhorror, and now he enacted games where the survival rate was less than half? How could he? His conscious was riddled with regret, and yet he continued on anyway, but why? How?The headache worsened and Sevorik unfroze, vomiting into the alley. A gray substance poured from his mouth and out his nose. His mind seemed to clear and he looked down at his vomit, which strangely looked rather like moss to him. It ran downhill around his feet and into a gutter (a rare sight in Underhorror). A small headache remained, and Sevorik couldn’t quite place what he had been thinking about.As he slowly stood up and walked away, he failed to notice that the moss like fluid had traveled uphill to get to the gutter.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Vortixx form) - Underhorror City SquareGwd shook his head. "No, that's... quite OK." There was a part of him that was curious what a brain made of sand would look like. But a very small part.Looking over by the stage, he noticed Sevorik lurching away, apparently in some distress. Completely forgetting that he had been introduced as the king of Underhorror, Gwd ran over to him. "Sir, are you alright?"IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii's computer began to beep once again. Paktii looked at the door, seeing Monik walk in. "Oh, hi Monik. Go ahead and introduce yourself to the computer so it stops beeping. Just press Control-Command-Shift-I-D, then type your name, then press Tab-A-N-H. It's really simple."It suddenly occurred to Paktii that there were four beings in his lab waiting for something interesting to happen, and he was trying to work on a dagger that probably couldn't exist anyways. He turned to the group, who appeared to be getting bored. "You know what? Forget horror terrors. Let's smash some metal together! What kind of weapons do you like?"As he waited for an answer, Paktii turned off his computer and started to disassemble it. He wanted to take it into the field to scan the Bone Doors, but it was far too big in its current state. He could most of the electronic components in a smaller box (which he did, delicately). It was about the size of a large book. The biggest problem was the screen, which was currently the size of his head, about twice as heavy, and he couldn't think of any way to simplify it.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: MonikAs Monik walked in the door he heard a beep"Oh, hi Monik. Go ahead and introduce yourself to the computer so it stops beeping. Just press Control-Command-Shift-I-D, then type your name, then press Tab-A-N-H. It's really simple.""OK." He answered, walking over to the computer, he paused for a second with his claws over the keyboard trying to figure out how press all the right keys with his claws then he gave up and pressed them with telekenesis, finishing right before Paktii took the computer apart."You know what? Forget horror terrors. Let's smash some metal together! What kind of weapons do you like?"Monik chuckled. "There are so many who want to do just that. But I like fast, small weapons.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Near the Main City Square / Sevorik with Gwd / IC:Sevorik glanced over at the Vortixx that approached him asking him if he was fine. Sevorik wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and answered, “I’m fine.” With the buildings twisting around the path he had taken away from the stage and the Main City Square, Sevorik couldn’t even hear the dispersing crowd. Plus, he had thrown up down an alley.This Vortixx might have been stalking him. Sevorik stood up a little straighter. Was this being going to try to assassinate him? “How did you even see me? Have you been following us?” Sevorik’s face contorted. Us?

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Vortixx form) - Underhorror Alley, near City Square"You were on stage announcing Trouble, that's how I saw you. You didn't look so good, so I followed you down the alley..." As Gwdkwowhi remembered Sevorik on the stage, he also remembered that he was talking to the king of Underhorror."Oh! By Uthermi, I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was you, Your Majesty! I'm not from around here, you see."He frowned, remembered something else that Sevorik has said. "You mentioned 'us'... are you with somebody?" He looked around but saw no one.There was an unpleasant smell in the alley, but Gwdkwowhi attributed it more to the fact that he was in a city full of crazy (and thus not very hygienic) beings than the mysterious physics-defying vomit in the gutter, of which he had yet to notice.IC: Paktii - Paktii's Lab "Small and fast, eh? By 'fast', I assume you mean lightweight. Because weapons don't really move on their own, ha! They're only as fast as the owner's arms. See, the problem with small and lightweight (which lets you be faster, but obvious the weapon itself is not fast) is that those weapons usually don't have a very good range. That, of course, is because they aren't made by me."Paktii grabbed a hilt from a drawer (he kept a lot of hilts around) and summoned 3 strips of metal as long as his forearm. He stacked them on their ends and drilled holes in the places where they overlapped, fastening them together with a loose socket. It made a sort of chain, although it only had one axis of movement. He folded the chain and connected it securely to the hilt. "I think you might like something like this..." Paktii flicked his wrist, and the strips of metal whipped out back into a chain and struck a cabinet, which cracked from the force and spilled its contents (mostly hammers. Paktii was rather fond of hammers) onto the floor. "Oops.""I'm gonna call it a swip, because it's cross between a sword and a whip. More controllable than a whip, much lighter than a sword, and you can turn a tiny movement -" he flicked his wrist, more slowly this time because he wanted to demonstrate the movement more than the weapon itself - "into a lot of damage." Paktii gestured toward the cabinet which he was going to have to repair when he got back from Trouble. Assuming he survived. But he would. And if he didn't, then he wouldn't have to worry about cabinets anymore. Unless they had cabinets in the afterlife. He hoped they didn't. Or if they did, hopefully they weren't broken. Do cabinets have souls? Probably not. He hit himself on the mask to recalibrate.Paktii handed over his new invention, mentally making a note of its design so he could recreate it later. "Here you go. The only drawback is that it's still not as controllable as a solid blade. Anyways, you might want to sharpen the edges if you plan to use that in Trouble. I won't be offended if you don't. 'Swip' is a stupid name, feel free to call it whatever you want. In fact, please call it something else. I'm taking the name 'swip' off the records. It was never called that. It's a... uh, I dunno, you name it. Please. Anything. Except 'swip'."Paktii turned to the others. "Anyone else? They're free for now but I'll want some sort of payment if you win Trouble with them. Probably some sort of payment if you survive, but obviously less."

IrMSNn3.png

Near the Main City Square / Sevorik with Gwd / IC:Sevorik’s shoulders slouched once again. “None of us are really from around here, now are we?” Sevorik looked at what he had wiped off of his mouth before wiping that off on the building behind him. A quick look back confirmed that the moss vomit had disappeared, probably down some drain. Scratching at the back of his head, Sevorik replied to the query, “No, just a slip of the tongue.”Bringing down his hand from scratching his hand, Sevorik realized that he had drawn one of his batons. He tried to hold it casually, not sure how to angle it. Did he not trust this being, who had only shown concern? Did his subconscious realize something he didn’t?

Near the Main City Square / Sevorik with Gwd / IC:Sevorik’s shoulders slouched once again. “None of us are really from around here, now are we?” Sevorik looked at what he had wiped off of his mouth before wiping that off on the building behind him. A quick look back confirmed that the moss vomit had disappeared, probably down some drain. Scratching at the back of his head, Sevorik replied to the query, “No, just a slip of the tongue.”Bringing down his hand from scratching his hand, Sevorik realized that he had drawn one of his batons. He tried to hold it casually, not sure how to angle it. Did he not trust this being, who had only shown concern? Did his subconscious realize something he didn’t?

IC: Artorre: Paktii's Lab:"Name's Artorre," he shouted (unintentionally) as he looked around the room. "Nice place you got here. Anyway, I like swords. Never used a blunt weapon, though, so I wouldn't know if I'm a blunt weapon kind of guy, eh? Oh, and I like throwing knives," At this, he took one out and threw it with perfect aim across the room, into another cabinet. He forgot, again, to mention that was his only one. Or to go and retrieve it.