Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics

Kal the Guardian

IC: Back AlleyAbysm woke up in an a dark alley. His head spun as if he were hungover from a night of debauchery. He slowly got up after some trouble. His vision darkening and spinning as he rose off the ground. Finally he stood upright, he started to cough and ended up barfing up blood and some unidentifiable substances.Breathing deeply he looked around and took in his setting. A dumpster a few feet away, it was overflowing with trash along with numerous trashcans in this alley.He saw a figure approaching. It was a tall, mighty Toa with prefect black armor. He looked rather familiar but Abysm could not recall this being's name."Hold demon! Don't move." Called out the powerful voice of the Toa."Who? Me?" Asked Abysm."You know full well what you are. I have come to release my body from your power." Said the Toa, his eyes full of condemnation."Ooh ya got me." He said jokingly. "But how is it you are here if I have your body?""That is simple. I am not." He replied a large grin on his face. "I am in your mind. I am in your body and at the same time I am nowhere. I don't exist. I am a shade of a once living being."Abysm grimaced as he struck out with his right hand, fingers splayed, blood red light seeping from his hands like heavy steam. But the blast of energies passed right through the Toa, hit a the street behind him and left a sizable hole in the ground.Abysm screamed in agony as the Toa closed his right hand into a fist and what appeared to be electricity ran through Abysm's body. The Toa then got out a large, elegant sword, which he held in both hands, and slashed at Abysm. His blood carapace cracking under the ethereal sword's sharp edge.Abysm have been locked in dangerous combat but any onlooker would only see a strange blood armored Toa seemingly fighting the air and somehow becoming damaged.

Edited by Cosmic Titan

IC: Grayvern of Therin - Paktii's LabGrayvern, who had happened to follow Sable over to Paktii's lab in all the confusion, nodded a curt greeting to Gwd, arms folded over his chest, leaning against the far wall with an air of cold calculation."Speaking of which, we should probably be heading over to the Warehouse now," the Toa announced, propping himself back onto his feet, "Anyone else coming?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Paktii and Gwdkwowhi (Warehouse)"And here we are," said Paktii as they materialized inside the warehouse. "Teleportation always feels weird; like your body's turning inside out. You doing OK?"Gwdkwowhi nodded and let go of Paktii's hand. "Yeah. It actually feels a lot like shapeshifting.""Oh. So no problems there! Cool. You should go buy a pass so you don't have to sneak in with mine anymore."After saying that, Paktii wandered off to another cluster of beings (anyone) and started talking."Hey guys, you competing in Trouble? I am. Well, I'm not really competing - I'll win if I can of course, but I'm mostly just here for the research. So... yeah, don't slaughter me, please. I actually might be able to help you - I'm a Toa of Iron, I can do weapon repairs, make new weapons, patch up your armor... actually, be careful if you're asking me for help, cause I think I'm actually going with a team, and even if I'd help you, my team might try to kill you. Unless they're already dead. I'm not encouraging you to kill them personally, I'm just saying that's a possibility. Trouble is really dangerous. I hope I don't die too quickly. Did I already ask you not to kill me? I'm mostly here for the research. Yeah, I've definitely said that before. Sometimes that happens, you know? You just get talking and you come back around in a circle and-""Paktii," Gwdkwowhi had finished buying a pass and had joined the group. "Shut up."OOC: Open for interaction.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Grayvern of Therin - Paktii's LabGrayvern shrugged, allowing himself a grin at his long-overused joke, "Gotta go find some Trouble."Letting his arms fall to his sides, the Toa began for the door, before adding, "Are you coming, or what?" -Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sable'Teleporters... don't agree with me. My particles don't need to get any more scattered than they are.' He exploded into his cloud-form, and a mouth formed on the outside. 'Climb in, I'll show you the REAL way to get across Violet Orange.'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: [Grayvern of Therin] - Paktii's LaboratoryGrayvern raised an eyebrow at Sable's idea. Climbing into another being's mouth? Particularly one as... odd as the sand-Toa? Insanity, plain and simple.On the other hand, since almost everyone down here was insane, he supposed that it made a certain logical sense. Logical insanity, he babbled to himself, Now I've seen everything."Alright, but no funny business," the Toa said, slowly climbing into Sable's "mouth", "Just remember, I can turn you into a puddle of mud at anytime."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Back AlleyThe Toa held his sword in both hands and breathed deeply as it started to glow."I have had it with you demon. Today is your last."Abysm was slashed in rapid succession with the glowing blade. His blood carapace exploded off of his flesh with a sickening sound. Now stood a strange skinless, armorless form of a Toa, the sight of which was truly disturbing.Abysm cried out in agony as the air stung him but he went silent as the glowing blade was jabbed through his chest. His eyes, once blood red voids were now just normal, grey eyes but they no longer showed signs of life.A cloud of blood red smoke left the body. The Toa frowned and now held his sword in his right hand and more light and energy was channeled into it. Swinging the blade once, a large ball of light shot at Abysm's true form. His sword now gone the ghostly Toa fell to his knees as the light utterly obliterated Abysm.Some time passed until the Toa was able to get to his feet. He looked sadly at the body, it had once been his. Now it was a broken mess. He waved his hand, the body ignited and instantly turned to ash and dust.The ghostly Toa sighed deeply. "Demon you were born from my mistakes and failures. My fear and my hatred. You're existence was my mistake. But now that you are gone, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is time for me to go."The ghost slowly walked away and out of the alley. By the time he was at the road, he had vanished.

IC: Paktii (Warehouse)Paktii looked around. He glanced at his watch, which still read 4:00, despite having shown the same thing for the last few days.Gwdkwowhi wasn't saying anything, but appeared to be amusing himself by changing the number of fingers on his right hand.Well, if nobody was going to mention the biophant in the room, Paktii might as well do it."This is the longest five minutes I've ever seen."The simple explanation would be that the hosts of Trouble were running late. Paktii, however, was formulating a theory involving temporal anomalies that he had been suspecting all day, ever since he had bought his lab. Sometimes it seemed like time moved at a different speed for everyone in Violet Orange. And curiously, this Gwdkwowhi being seemed to be the only one who could actually interrupt Paktii's train of-"They're probably just running late." said Gwkwowhi."Yeah. Or something like that."OOC: PAKTII. What are you doing to the fourth wall? STAHP

IrMSNn3.png

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVPaktii's statemant left Kassermoon looking puzzled. "But how can you see five minutes? Actually, how does one interact with a period of time? Perhaps you could go though a minute, or experience it, or maybe you were right, maybe we can see time. Maybe it's an object! Like, laced through reality! Time could be a gas!"

IC: Artorre: Warehouse:"Feels more like weeks," Artorre said. "I miss the sun. Made it a lot easier to tell how much time passed. Plus it's a giant ball of fire. How awesome is that?" He began to tap his foot impatiently. "What's the hold up?" He shouted unintentionally.

IC: Paktii - Warehouse"Well, obviously I haven't actually seen five minutes, that was a figure of speech." said Paktii. "But you've got a point. People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but maybe, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a...""Stop. You're hurting my head," interrupted Gwdkwowhi. "Can we just let time be time?"OOC: Props if you know where that sentence was headed.

IrMSNn3.png

OOC: Three things: Attempting to actually bring Ta back into doing something, and two:"A big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff." Exact words I'm not sure on. :PLast, the strikethroughs mean that Ta failed to remember the right word. IC: 'Ta' (Underhorror)Having attempted and failed at comunication with another of his kind, 'Ta' went off, bored once more. He wandered down an alley, meandered around corners, stopped once or twice to watch the flames of his club, and even lumbered past a cart or two. He only came to a complete halt when he spotted what seemed to be a Toa, climbing into a cloud of sand. (Greyvern & Sable) A look of complete and utter non-understanding came over the Vortixx's face, even as he talked, moreso to himself than anyone else."Ta confused..."Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: MonikMonik saw Elkaren playing so he made a one foot high mental illusion of himself and made it attack Elkaren's illusions.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Monik is a Toa of Psionics, IIRC.IC: Paktii and Gwdkwowhi - WarehousePaktii pulled his slug launcher out of his pack and took a few shots at the illusions. It wasn't very satisfying because they weren't actually there, plus there were some beings behind the illusions that were upset at being hit with chunks of metal.Instead, Pakii booted up his newly portable computer and started scanning people, looking for strengths and weaknesses. Exactly why, he wasn't sure; he still didn't intend to actually fight anybody. Except in self-defense. If needed.He started entering names of those he recognized and the computer didn't. Then the computer showed something very strange:

Unidentified being - please enter nameSpecies: Hybrid. 60% Toa of PlasmaPosition: 6 o'clock and 8 paces
Paktii turned to his right. Gwdkwowhi was standing roughly where the computer described. "Hey, uh, Gwdkwowhi, right?"Gwdkwowhi turned and nodded."You said you were a Toa of Plasma?""Well, I'm not sure, but it seems likely.""You might want to have a look at this."Gwdkwowhi walked over to Paktii's side and read the screen. He raised his eyebrows in surprise and confusion. "What's the 40%?""I don't know," said Paktii. "Identify the 40%," he said to the computer, while typing the equivalent command.The computer buzzed for a moment."Insufficient data," said the computer and Paktii."Is it because I'm a shapeshifter? Maybe I'm confusing it." asked Gwdkwowhi. Concern was apparent in his voice."Look, Gwd... you're not a shapeshifter. You wear a Mask of Shapeshifting. There's a difference, and this scanner is advanced enough to see through a disguise like that - even if you don't know what you are."Gwdkwowhi looked away from the screen, deep in thought. "Then what am I?"Paktii shrugged. "I dunno. On a lighter note, how do you spell your name?"OOC: Plot twist yay! Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

IC: SableWith Grayvern comfortably seated inside the swirling sand cloud that was Sable, the mouth disappeared, and the sandstorm flew away with the breeze.Soon enough, they had arrived at the warehouse. Grayvern stepped out, visibly shaken, and Sable shifted into his Toa-form.'So, how's everyone hangin'?'OOC: Open for interaction.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: MonikMonik teleported to the side to avoid the slugs. "Watch where you're shooting." He said, but his moment of distraction caused Elkaren's illusions to gain the upper hand on his, so he made it teleport behind Elkaren's and twist around to slash it in the back.OOC: What are Elkaren's illusions of anyway?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Gwdkwowhi - WarehouseGwdkwowhi just finished spelling his name for Paktii when Sable showed up in his usual flashy sand-cloud style. "Ah, I was wondering when you were going to show up," said Gwdkwowhi to his fellow shapeshifter. "I think they're running late... or, if Paktii's right, there's some sort of time-travel thing going on." He rolled his eyes."Honestly I'm kind of bored. I'd get in on this pretend-fight or whatever's going on" - he gestured at Monik and Elkaren - "but unfortunately I'm a shapeshifter, not an illusionist." IC: Paktii - WarehousePaktii looked up from his computer in time to see Grayvern show up. Ignoring Grayvern's obvious discomfort at having arrived in a sentient cloud of sand, Paktii ran up to him in hopes of confirming his theories. "Hey... what time is it outside the warehouse?"

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Monik"Hey that's cheating." Monik said, making another doppelganger to fight Elkaren's constucts. He had them both teleporting around slashing randomly at the other illusions.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: SableHe shrugged. 'Presumably the same time as in here.' He placed an arm around Paktii. 'Don't stress yourself. If it comes down to you and me at the end of Trouble, I want you to know that there's a possibility that I might let you live.' He grinned his cheshire grin in a vague attempt to reassure him.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Paktii - Warehouse"Come back when the world is making sense again?" repeated Paktii. "You mean that it's not making sense right now? I knew it!"Paktii mused on this for a moment while watching the escalating illusion duel. He jumped when Kassermoon asked him for a swip.Remembering, once again, that this was not an enemy Rahkshi, he replied, "Sorry, I can only make them in the lab.""What's a swip?" asked Gwdkwowhi slowly, realizing midway through the question that he didn't really want to know.Paktii pulled his out of his pack. "It's this. Cross between a whip and a sword. Best of both worlds!""I see," Gwdkwowhi pulled out his own whip. "I'm a purist, myself."Paktii jumped again when Sable put his arm around him. Surprisingly (though it shouldn't have been), it felt like sand. "Ah... I, uh... thanks?"Gwdkwowhi began practicing with his whip, being careful not to actually hit anyone around him. The illusions, on the other hand, were fair game.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Monik"I thought it was called a Madhat." Monik said. Then Gwdkwowhi started whipping the illusions. 'Let's get him.' He told Elkaren telepathically, he had one of his creations try to grab the end of the whip while the other one attempted to slash at Gwdkwowhi's feet.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: [Grayvern of Therin] - WarehouseThe Toa of Water, after spending a solid minute getting what remained of his wits back, took a minute to glance around the warehouse they were all in. There were several beings gathered around the room, each probably more insane than the last, either talking or fighting.Turning to face Sable and Paktii again, Grayvern managed a weak smile, "Just be sure, if it comes down to you two at the end of this, it'll only be because I already beat you to the finish line."Great joke, Gray. Real funny.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Paktii - Warehouse"Chess? A battle of wits and logic?" Paktii strode over, forgetting the temporal anomalies entirely. Until, of course, he remembered just now by thinking about what he forgot, which calls into question the notion that he forgot it in the first place."Count me in," he said, completely ignoring the fact that Artorre was invited to play and he was not.Just then, Paktii noticed that the pieces were made out of sand, and that Sable was looking noticeably smaller than usual. "Errr... this seems a bit unevenly matched, though..." he looked suspiciously at Sable. "I'm keeping track of where I put my pieces, you know."IC: Gwdkwowhi - WarehouseGwdkwowhi grinned as the illusions started to fight back. He jumped back to avoid the illusion cutting his feet, which made his whip flail off to the side. He allowed Monik's other illusion to grab the whip. Gwd flicked the whip - this would have caused an ordinary being to lose their grip and probably receive a nasty scratch on the mask or arm. The illusion, though, appeared to keep its grip. Frustrated, he gave it a sharp yank towards himself and stumbled backward as the non-existent entity offered no resistance. Gwd stumbled into a light-cyclone. He flinched but felt no pain - because of course, it was made entirely of cool light. As a Toa of Light, Elkaren could have made them more deadly, but fortunately it was unanimously yet wordlessly agreed that this was a mock fight.He grunted. He was rusty. He wasn't used to more than one opponent, and certainly not intelligent enemies. But he wasn't using every power at his disposal, now was he?Gwdkwowhi changed into a sphere and rolled away from the fight, growing an arm and grabbing the "swip" as he passed Paktii."Hey! What happened to 'I'm a purist?'" Paktii protested.Gwdkwowhi resolved himself into the form of a Vahki - though since he had never seen a Vahki, only heard about, his form was even more nightmarish than the real thing.Holding the whip in his left hand and the "swip" in his right, he rotated his hands on the wrist joint, creating a whirling flurry on either side. He clicked his mandibles and advanced on the illusions.OOC: Finally, some Gwdkwowhi action! Little bit of General Grievous style - I was actually going to go four arms, but then I realized he didn't have four weapons.@Constructman, it's pronounced gwid-QUO-hee :) Although, shouldn't Elkaren be more confused by the spelling than the pronunciation, seeing as he's heard, but not seen the name?

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png