• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Ambage Flash Fiction Contest Fortnightly Bionicle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#161 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 02:15 AM

I never actually mentioned the name of the actual rahi in my SS(I just called it a fish), but it is a Bionicle fish and its set in the MU. Does that still count?

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Non-canon fish are fine, even if you don't want to name it. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a fish exactly--Venom Eels, Razor Whales, Lightfish are all fair game, though none of these are technically fish.As an example, in my original entry, I wrote about an unnamed, vaguely described sea monster that may or may not have been a whale. So as long as your "fish" is a biomechanical aquatic creature, it counts.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:[/color]

Thanks. I was a little worried there for a moment XD

#162 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,705 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 11:34 PM

I kinda have this thing for last-minute entries.

So my story isn't "about a fish," per se, but the main character is fishing throughout the course of the story. Hope that's acceptable.Member: BaltarcTheme: WRITE A STORY ABOUT A FISHWord Count: 508Link: Home

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#163 Offline SonicBOOM XS

SonicBOOM XS
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 1,967 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 01:58 AM

Member: SonicBOOM XS

Theme: FISH FISH OH THE FISHES

Word Count: 996

Link: Trouble with Takea

Edited by SonicBOOM XS, Jun 25 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Undergoing Renovations...

#164 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2013 - 03:10 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Congratulations to SonicBOOM XS, who has won "Fish" with his story, Trouble with Takea[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]![/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Honorable mentions go to Baltarc's "Home" and Tikiturbo's "Life" this week.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Your regularly-scheduled OTC FFFC will be postponed for a week or a few. I'm sure that you, like the rest of us, are busy writing for the Flash Fiction Marathan. Right?[/color]

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile, Jul 01 2013 - 03:13 PM.

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

#165 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 04 2013 - 06:24 AM

I know the FFM finished not so long ago, but I was just interested to know when the next Bionicle FFC would be starting up again.

#166 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 12 2013 - 08:14 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Well, now we're waiting on the monster contest. Once that's over, the FFFCs will be starting again. Keep your eyes open, and in the meantime, don't forget to keep up with the monster contest. Voting will probably be starting soon.[/color]

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

#167 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2013 - 01:11 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Attention previous entrants: Unfortunately I have no way of tracking down the entries lost during the downtime, so I'll have to ask you to post your stories and submission forms again. Preferably by the deadline, but if you miss by a few days we'll forgive you. Thanks![/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Theme #10: [/color]

Posted Image

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Rise[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, November 4th.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the October Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"They'll see in time . . ."[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]And don't forget to enter the Library competition, Fall![/color][/font]

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile, Nov 19 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#168 Offline Noise #0579

Noise #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,560 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2013 - 08:46 PM

Member: Pahrak #0579

Theme: Rise

Words: 997

Story: Hint to Greatness

Words: 402

Story: Shattering the Mask

Edited by Pahrak #0579, Nov 02 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Current Works:
Technic WarzoneGames and Trivia.  Fighters from various Lego lines compete in gladiator games and get to shoot death rays at each other.  Plenty of room for new players!
A Mind in Darkness: Epics.  To reclaim one of Turaga Nokama's Kanohi, Vhisola and Macku form an uneasy alliance and journey into the unknown.  Complete!

The Blade of Valor: Short Stories.  When the Spirits of the Elements are in danger, Tahra must take up a legendary weapon and challenge the creature waiting inside Lewa's temple.  Testing a concept, so please respond if you'd like to see more of this.

#169 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,310 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2013 - 11:32 PM

Glad I get a second chance at this, and I actually have a good idea! I just hope I can get it in on time!

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#170 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,705 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 03 2013 - 09:40 PM

Member: Baltarc

Word Count: 516

Story: The Kal

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#171 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,310 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2013 - 05:27 PM

Member: Click

Word Count: 902

Story: As the Sand Rises...

I do have another story, but I might not be able to get that one in. So great to be writing again!

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

#172 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2013 - 11:15 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Congratulations to Baltarc, winner of "Rise" with his story, The Kal[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]![/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Honorable mention goes to Click's "As the Sand Rises"[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Pahrak, Baltarc, Click, excellent job; this must have been the closest FFFC we've had yet. Picking one story above the others was tough! Thank you for entering so regularly, and for giving us your best for our tenth theme. Congratulations![/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Our next competition starts this Monday, November 18th. Keep your eyes peeled![/color]

#173 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 07:15 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Theme #11: [/color]

Posted Image

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Now Only Five[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, November 25th.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a BIONICLE story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, just for fun because achievements really aren't worth much, keep in mind the October - November Writing Prompt:"They'll see in time . . ."[/color][/font]

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile, Nov 19 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#174 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,480 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:43 AM

Until I realized what the background picture was, I thought this was a reference to five days until MLP:FiM's Season 3 premier.

I also might actually enter this one, just because it sounds cool.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#175 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 03:53 AM

I'll enter once it's the weekend. I don't like doing things in the school days.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#176 Offline Nick Silverpen

Nick Silverpen
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,211 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 08:49 AM

Wait, this is posted in the Bionicle forum but must be a COT story?

#177 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 05:16 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);]Until I realized what the background picture was, I thought this was a reference to five days until MLP:FiM's Season 3 premier[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);].[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);] [/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);] :lookaround:[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);][/color]

Wait, this is posted in the Bionicle forum but must be a COT story?[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Good to know some people actually read the whole post. =P Good catch! Fixed.[/color]

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile, Nov 19 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#178 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 12:23 AM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Member: Nuile[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Theme: Now Only Five[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Word Count: 562[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Story: [/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Stung[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Please don't make me the only entrant. That would be awkward. You know the feeling? Like in class you're the only one who raises your hand, or worse, the only one who doesn't? Or somebody tries to start a wave at a shuffleboard tournament and you're the only one who waves? Don't make me that person.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]If you don't quite make the deadline, don't worry, we'll forgive you this once if you're a couple hours or a couple days late.[/color]

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile, Nov 25 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#179 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,540 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 01:54 PM

I can't believe it's already here. Today's the last day. I got to definitely start working on my story.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#180 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,310 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 05:02 PM

I have an awesome idea for this, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to enter. I'll have to write it up another time.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

#181 Offline Noise #0579

Noise #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,560 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 05:29 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]If you don't quite make the deadline, don't worry, we'll forgive you this once if you're a couple hours or a couple days late.[/color]

I hate to be the one to ask, but...how many days late exactly? :P

EDIT: Regardless, I managed to pull together something.

Theme: Now Only Five

Word Count: 649

Story: Cheatsheet

Edited by Pahrak #0579, Nov 25 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Current Works:
Technic WarzoneGames and Trivia.  Fighters from various Lego lines compete in gladiator games and get to shoot death rays at each other.  Plenty of room for new players!
A Mind in Darkness: Epics.  To reclaim one of Turaga Nokama's Kanohi, Vhisola and Macku form an uneasy alliance and journey into the unknown.  Complete!

The Blade of Valor: Short Stories.  When the Spirits of the Elements are in danger, Tahra must take up a legendary weapon and challenge the creature waiting inside Lewa's temple.  Testing a concept, so please respond if you'd like to see more of this.

#182 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 09:12 PM

Don't worry, I'm still here.

Name: Dragonstar

Word count: 841

Link: Fire Always Burns

#183 Offline Nick Silverpen

Nick Silverpen
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,211 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 09:32 PM

Might be able to manage something for tomorrow, so possibly a day late.

#184 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 11:59 PM

Name: Legolover-361
Word Count: 500
Story: The Innocent, the Victim

Edited by Legolover-361, Dec 09 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#185 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,692 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2013 - 11:25 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Congratulations to Legolover-361, winner of "Now Only Five" with his story, [/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]The Innocent, the Victim[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Good work all around! We'll see you back in the Library in two weeks. Can't live that long without an FFFC? Our current [/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]OTC[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);] competition just started with a dreadfully dreary theme.[/color]

Edited by The Novelist Called Nuile, Dec 03 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#186 Offline Hahli Husky

Hahli Husky
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Sailor Guardian

• 5,144 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 17 2014 - 02:05 AM

BZP Administration has noticed an unfortunate trend of site members bringing up Ambage drama and disputes on the forums and causing trouble for the staff. This has been going on for quite some time now and it is high time that it stopped. Due to the escalating seriousness of these issues and the history of related difficulties with the Ambage, I am hereby shutting the topic and the Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contests down.

This brings me no pleasure to do, but this is our policy and I ask that you understand this decision.

Topic closed.

Edited by Hahli Husky, Feb 18 2014 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users