Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Velox

Theme #3:

shatteredmaskwrite.png

(credit to 55555 for the image)

Broken Mask

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, January 21st.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a Bionicle story and it must adhere to the rules posted above.

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Man! Missed it. I had a good one too... Oh well. I'll just have to wait until the next one.

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

Congratulations to Pikiru and his story "Fractured Time", winner of "Broken Mask"!

Honorable mention goes to "Friend" by Creep of the Deep and "Torn" by Karzahni the Utahraptor.

Congrats, guys! And don't forget to check out the OTC contest which should be starting next Monday (apologies for taking a week off, but we're working on another project behind the scenes currently), as well as the next Bionicle contest which will take place in about three weeks. Thanks to everyone for entering!

newso1.png

Edited by Velox

Oh wow I won! I can't believe it :lol:

I only just found out just now (well actually 20 min ago, but still now-ish)

I dont know what to say, except thank you so much!

It is truly an honour to have you guys think my story is good.

And congratulations to Creep (I quite liked your story, though it was sad) and Karzahni (I though you did a very good job doing Teridax and Takanuva), and everyone else that participated :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry for the delay on this, guys. I just completely forgot yesterday. But as promised, the next Bionicle FFFC is here:

Theme #4:

surrenderorrun.jpgSurrender or RunDeadline: Monday, February 25th, by 11:59 PM PST.

newso1.png

Edited by Velox

Member Name: TNTOSTheme: Surrender or RunWord count: 415Link to Story: The Final Answer-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I guess I'll try this one. One question: Since I never wrote any stories on BZPower before how do I do a word count? Like, do I have to count every word?
Nah, you can paste your story in word or search on google:"Free word counter" and paste the story there, they'll both give you the exact amouth of words.Off topic: My minecraft modification is still running, I can't post there cause I save that spot for V1 tomorrow ::) Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

I guess I'll try this one. One question: Since I never wrote any stories on BZPower before how do I do a word count? Like, do I have to count every word?

It depends where you write it. If you type your story into a program such as Microsoft Word, then you'll find that it'll do the word count for you automatically, which you can see down towards the bottom of the screen.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Nah, you can paste your story in word or search on google:"Free word counter" and paste the story there, they'll both give you the exact amouth of words.Off topic: My minecraft modification is still running, I can't post there cause I save that spot for V1 tomorrow ::)
Thanks, that helped.

It depends where you write it. If you type your story into a program such as Microsoft Word, then you'll find that it'll do the word count for you automatically, which you can see down towards the bottom of the screen.
I don't use Microsoft Word a lot (I plan to write it down then typing it), but thanks for telling me.My story should be up by Saturday, by the way. Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

I decided to be creative, and went with a Vahki pursuit. :P Glad to have entered!

Member Name: Click

Theme: Surrender or Run

Word Count: 844 (A little long, but I did just edit it down quite a bit. Sorry.)

Link: On the Run

Edited by Click

Unfortunately, Baltarc, the deadline for "Surrender or Run" was yesterday, so we are no longer accepting entries. =/ Next Monday, however, a new contest should start in OTC, and two weeks after that another Bionicle one.newso1.png

Edited by Velox