Ninjago 2012 Sets

unknown_user2596

Well since just about every site has the pictures and info (including here)...anyways, here is the upcoming info for Ninjago 2012: Sets:-9440 Venomari Shrine $6.99- 9441 Kai’s Blade Cycle $14.99-9442 Jays Storm Fighter $24.99-9444 Cole's Tread Assault $39.99-9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush $49.99-9446 Destiny’s Bounty $79.99 Booster packs: (spinner sets WITHOUT the spinner)-9551 Kendo Cole $4.99-9552 Lloyd Gamadon $4.99-9553 Lightning Ninja Jay (Jay ZX)$4.99 Spinners:-9558 Training Set $19.99-9561 Fire Ninja Kai (Kai ZX)$9.99-9562 Lasha $9.99-9563 Kendo Zane $9.99-9564 Snappa $9.99-9566 Samurai $9.99-9567 Fang-Suei $9.99-9579 Starter kit $19.99

Edited by unknown_user2596

I can't wait until 2012 for Ninjago Sets. The preliminary images I saw were quite interesting, and LEGO is sort of throwing a change-up by going a different direction in Ninjago. The sets look pretty good from what I have seen, and I'm sure I'll be buying a couple. I also love the name "Lloyd Garmadon", though it is more of a Welsh name. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I see some nice sets there! Not only are they amazing and quality sets, they have some great pieces. That bike that converts has some wicked great pieces in warm gold that I can use in some Hero Factory MOCs. :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

These sets look good. Some may be a bit pricey, but come Christmas, I'll find a few of these under the tree. (Hopefully the Tarn-Buggy.)

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

:wassup: I must get that Kai Vehicle ^Weird emote... ~PowerMiner~

Yeah, it's quite a nice set. I'll get it for two reasons:
  • [*]Red Slopes for Ferrari MOCs[*]Gold Hero Factory pieces for Hero Factory MOCs

It's a really nice set for both play-value and pieces.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• [*]Red Slopes for Ferrari MOCs[*]Gold Hero Factory pieces for Hero Factory MOCs

Peeeeeerfect. I do HF MoCs quite a bit.I hope I find that under my tree if its released by Christmas... :D

Peeeeeerfect. I do HF MoCs quite a bit.I hope I find that under my tree if its released by Christmas... :biggrin:
I'm hoping for a ton of these sets for Christmas, along with a bunch in other themes. I also would like some more spinners...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I just received word from LEGO that this is fine. Re-opening...

Yay! I wonder what will be cool with the spinners (like printed patterns and color combinations)...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It looks like the 2012 images were removed. Anyone have an alternate gallery?

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=453157 for sets. Interesting things to note here:1) the snake molds can actually be used as swords (as seen here: http://www.phantoms....12/9567/05.jpeg).2) Lasha seems to be spinner set exclusive unless she(?) appears in a store exclusive set. Similarly Kendo Kai only appears in the training set (http://www.phantoms....12/9558/02.jpeg)3) Judging from the packaging of Kai ZX and Fang-Suei spinner sets they might be released in another wave.4) Samurai X is actually Nya!

This makes me wonder who the green ninja is. Has to be either Nya or Lloyd.

I don't think that it is either. Nya was never much of a trained ninja, and Lloyd is the bad guy. :P I guess it could be Nya, but I think that it is more likely to be a new character. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It looks like the 2012 images were removed. Anyone have an alternate gallery?

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=453157 for sets. Interesting things to note here:1) the snake molds can actually be used as swords (as seen here: http://www.phantoms....12/9567/05.jpeg).2) Lasha seems to be spinner set exclusive unless she(?) appears in a store exclusive set. Similarly Kendo Kai only appears in the training set (http://www.phantoms....12/9558/02.jpeg)3) Judging from the packaging of Kai ZX and Fang-Suei spinner sets they might be released in another wave.4) Samurai X is actually Nya!
Kai ZX and Fang-Suei are indeed from a different wave. They are due for an April release rather than a January release, similar to how this year Nuckal, Nya, Cole DX, and Zane DX were released later than the first wave of ninja and skeleton spinner sets. The green ninja could be Kai, with Nya taking over as the Ninja of Fire. Or it could be Cole, given how his vehicle's transformation gives it a lime green "snaky" look. Perhaps he goes undercover to temporarily ally himself with the snakemen?

I thought Ninjago couldn't get any sillier. Oh how I was wrong... :blink:

Isn't that the best part!?!? :D I love Ninjago for many reasons, like the great sets, the storyline, and the hilariousness of it all. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Several of the minifigures for next year's Ninjago sets were revealed at LEGO World in Zwolle, the Netherlands this week. Credit for these pics goes to the photographer, Warren E., as well as Huw Millington who shared the pics online. Snakemen ZX Ninjas Kendo Gear Ninjas Overall, I am impressed with many of the minifigure designs. The neck area of the two-headed red snakemen bothers me, but the heads themselves have a lovely pit-viper look. The blue snakemen's cobra heads are wonderfully designed, and I love their head and torso patterns. The ZX Ninjas have much more unique designs than the standard and DX versions of the ninjas did this year, even though I liked the subtlety of the costume variations in this year's designs. Hard to judge Sensei Wu's new design since so much is concealed by his beard. The Kendo Gear Ninjas seem to use the classic torsos and legs for the Ninja characters, but I don't mind-- they look very stylish in their armor, if not as unique as the ZX versions. Kendo Cole is not pictured, probably because he isn't in any of the larger playsets yet, just a booster pack.

What do you assume DX, and now ZX are supposed to mean? Do they have a meaning? :???:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

What do you assume DX, and now ZX are supposed to mean? Do they have a meaning? :???:

DX, in the past, has been used by LEGO to mean "Deluxe", but in the case of Ninjago it was seemingly just their way of designating the dragon suit ninjas. ZX's meaning seems less obvious, although it should be noted that the ZX ninjas are in all cases the versions that pilot their individual vehicles. Beyond that, the letters are just the way the versions are identified. I don't think they actually stand for anything, especially since they never appear in any story media.

DX, in the past, has been used by LEGO to mean "Deluxe", but in the case of Ninjago it was seemingly just their way of designating the dragon suit ninjas. ZX's meaning seems less obvious, although it should be noted that the ZX ninjas are in all cases the versions that pilot their individual vehicles. Beyond that, the letters are just the way the versions are identified. I don't think they actually stand for anything, especially since they never appear in any story media.
Yeah, I sort of figured that "DX" may mean "Deluxe", but I just wanted to make sure. :) "ZX" probably has no meaning, sort of like the Gameboy Advance SP was. The letter Z is cool though, so I'm happy.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Instruction booklets for three previously-unseen Ninjago impulse sets have appeared on LEGO.com:300853008630087Each one contains one of the ZX ninjas, although regrettably they lack their new shoulder pad/sword holster pieces. Thus for people who dislike the larger sets but like the minifigs, these might not be a suitable alternative.Cole ZX's buggy (30087) is probably the least interesting of them, partly because it has no new or unique pieces besides minifigure parts and partly because it's quite awkward looking (odd proportions and no tires). The set with Jay ZX and the snake launcher (30085) looks pretty cool in terms of functionality-- I like how the snakes are fired, even if the structure they're fired from looks awfully weird beforehand. And the set with Zane ZX and the decorative weapon compartment/shelf (30086) is very reminiscent of similar (but far simpler) designs in the classic Ninja theme.It should also be noted that as in some of this year's sets, black parts in instruction booklets have been outlined with white lines rather than black ones. It's something that was done in sets from the early 80s and previous decades, and I'm sure it's much welcomed in terms of increasing visibility (even if it makes the instruction booklets' images of sets and characters look a bit less realistic).

Maybe you could find them on eBay?

I only want brand new Lego. I'm sure others feel the same way.
You can buy things MISB there, you know?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Sad that only very few sets seem to be buildings. Vehicles are nice and all, but I get sick of trying to figure out how to make a building/landmark out of their pieces. At least with building/landmark sets I always have the option of just plopping them in a world of mine.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

I'm not sure, the new Ninjago seems... bad. I preferred last year's with skeletons driving realistic vehicles over snakes driving jets and ninja hockey players. Rivin

How were the skeleton vehicles more realistic? And why do people keep referring to the Kendo ninjas as hockey players? It's obviously kendo gear, and it's bizarre how many of the same people who complain about the theme becoming less feudal Japan-based miss one of the most traditional Japanese elements of next year's sets. I personally love the direction the theme is heading. Then again, I liked the first wave more for how crazy awesome it was than for the traditional Ninja elements.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There are so many vehicles. I remember the promo site and all the awesome animals they made up. Then I saw the skeletons and their vehicles and I thought: "Well, at least the ninja's don't have any vehicles." Now all the ninja's have armor and vehicles. Only the cheapest "normal" set and one of the most expensive sets don't feature any vehicles. I do like the kendo gear and I would like to have a set with any ninja and his kendo gear and a snake "general". We haven't seen the store exclusives so who knows. I do like those booster packs, though.

Edited by Mutated_Brutaka

brutaka.jpg