Ninjago 2012 Sets

unknown_user2596

I'm not really interested in Ninjago, but $80 for that set? I haven't seen it yet so I might be wrong on this, but the price is a bit outrageous. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'm seeing tons of random new Golden Weapons here... Are the Ninja capable of shapeshifting/altering their golden weapons now or are those weapons non-canon and just for effect? Or are there possibly multiple versions of the golden weapons for each element???

In the case of the spinner sets, each one has a golden weapon because certain cards in the Spinjitzu spinner game can only be used if your character is holding a golden weapon, regardless of whether it's one of the "Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu" that are so important to the story. As for the ones in construction sets, I guess golden weapons just sell well-- and why wouldn't they?The new scythe is cool, but it's not a special new mold designed to make the scythe look more like the one in the TV show. Rather, it's the blade piece used in the Jay ZX booster pack as well as the Rattlecopter set. I'm impressed that they used it for a new scythe design, and only time will tell whether it's genuinely meant to replace the old design (I doubt it, personally), but it's not a piece specially designed to perform that function.

Someone really should consider making an Anime of this.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Someone really should consider making an Anime of this.

Not sure there would be much point to an anime, since the TV series for the theme is apparently already proving to be very successful. I know that for some reason many people here on BZPower seem to dislike CGI, but personally I think the TV show's style suits it, lending it a very LEGO-like aesthetic while still having fluid animation.

I am sadly dissapointed in LEGO for making foolish modernized twists. It was not so bad the first year, but now....I just want to see more traditional Japanese things, that's what makes Ninjago such a good theme....Please LEGO...drop the horrid vehicles and bring back the Dragons!I am not saying it is horrible now...I am just dissapointed in LEGO. Maybe things will change.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I am sadly dissapointed in LEGO for making foolish modernized twists. It was not so bad the first year, but now....I just want to see more traditional Japanese things, that's what makes Ninjago such a good theme....Please LEGO...drop the horrid vehicles and bring back the Dragons!I am not saying it is horrible now...I am just dissapointed in LEGO. Maybe things will change.

I personally feel the anachronism is one of the things I like best about Ninjago. It's cool to see ninjas riding motorcycles for me. But then, I'm a fan of webcomics like Axe Cop and The Adventures of Dr. McNinja where the zaniness and improbable situations are one of the things holding the stories together.The first wave was a bit more systematic in how it handled that anachronism, though. The ninjas were able to sort of represent the spirit of tradition, whereas the skeleton warriors represented the ominousness of modern/futuristic technologies. It's a very common dichotomy also handled quite well in Avatar: The Last Airbender. At the same time, the new vehicles for the Ninja are quite stylish-looking, fitting each character's personality quite well IMO. Plus, their origin seems to be magical, based on the trailer for the Ninjago TV series which shows the Golden Weapons transforming into the vehicles.It'd be even cooler if they manage to bring the LEGO mindset into it by having it be a "your imagination makes it real" type of deal-- if that's the case, then the modern vehicles make sense, since the Ninja are mostly from more progressive backgrounds than Sensei Wu's dojo. But I haven't seen the episode that scene comes from, so I might be setting my hopes a bit high.

If you didn't know some people here (Bioran, Shadow Kurahk, Aanchir, Lyichir, and I) made a wiki about Ninjago. We're trying to become the most-accurate, most-used, and overall best wiki focused around LEGO Ninjago. We also have been doing news articles. So far, we have 3 total:

• [*]
Free Exclusive LEGO Ninjago Booster Pack[*]Flying Ninjago Ride to Debut in 2012[*]Ninjago Sticker Collection On Its Way

It's free to join, free to edit, and free to use. You can check it out if you'd like, and we hope to see you there. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I personally had next to no interst in Ninjago last year other than the dragons. This year I am loving though. The new snake molds are great monster headpieces. For the tail pieces I am going to use them to build a naga for my CUUSOO project. The snake vehicles also have a pleasing design with the giant heads and tails on the vehicles. The snakes are what I relly like the most this wave however.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

I just checked out the bios and one of the constrictai ones confused me. It was one on a "sniper" so to speak. I have no clue what it was rambling on about. It also metioned a spiked tail when the character had legs. Maybe one of the bios got messed up?

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

The new bios are interesting,and they confirmed my previous assumptions to what I believed was a pattern. The generals have a new head pieces and a snake tail. Warriors (Second in commands) have the same head as the generals, but also have legs. Soldiers have snake heads with big goofy teeth. Scouts are normal minifigures save for a snake-themed headpiece.Odd that they don't list Pythor, though. And that they seem to have erased all trace of the Skullkin bios.

AXKP5KC.png

I personally had next to no interst in Ninjago last year other than the dragons. This year I am loving though. The new snake molds are great monster headpieces. For the tail pieces I am going to use them to build a naga for my CUUSOO project. The snake vehicles also have a pleasing design with the giant heads and tails on the vehicles. The snakes are what I relly like the most this wave however.

What he said.

The new bios are interesting,and they confirmed my previous assumptions to what I believed was a pattern. The generals have a new head pieces and a snake tail. Warriors (Second in commands) have the same head as the generals, but also have legs. Soldiers have snake heads with big goofy teeth. Scouts are normal minifigures save for a snake-themed headpiece.Odd that they don't list Pythor, though. And that they seem to have erased all trace of the Skullkin bios.

And 2011 product pages. Has not been fully updated, you can tell that. Has anyone seen Episode 10?

DevBannerwithInterests.png

I have not seen episode 10 yet. Has episode 9 even been posted yet? I wonder what the summer sets are going to be like. The one there is no trace of is "lasha's bite cycle." I am actually ENJOYING the tv series for this. That is very strange sice most LEGO movies and tv series seem to have poor plots and/or execution. This one seems great though.

BZPRPG profile:

The website has finally been updated, lots of interesting things to see! There's lots of new snake characters (which will most likely be in summer sets, hint hint), although there seems to be a serious lack of poster art...

The lack of poster art is because the only posters listed are those for characters whose cards will be out in this half of the year: thus, only those characters appearing in spinner sets, arena sets, or booster packs either this month (Jay ZX, Cole ZX, Snappa, Rattla, Lasha, Lloyd Garmadon, Samurai X) or in April (Kai ZX, Fang-Suei). Other characters only get either the posters they had from previous appearances or a generic 2012 poster featuring sets like the Rattlecopter and Destiny's Bounty.It's a shame there is only one new poster per character; I would have loved posters of alternate-costume characters like Kendo Cole and Kendo Zane. Still, the same could be said of last year, when there were no posters of the DX Ninja.Similarly, unique wallpapers only exist for those characters who already appear in sets, while the others get a generic Ninjago wallpaper that oddly enough doesn't even have any 2012 content (just classic Kai, Lord Garmadon, the Lightning Dragon, two copies of Nuckal, and a bunch of weird symbols). The wallpapers aren't anything special, though, and certainly not as cool as the 2011 wallpapers which had shiny dynamically-posed renders of the characters rather than just photos and renders of the minifigures as they appear in sets.

The three sets I am considering getting so far are the rattle copter. coles tread assault, and fangpyre truck. The two snake vehicles have an amazing design and are very pleasing to the eye. I also like coles ZX and the snake men in the sets. I cannot wait for the summer wave. This theme got a whole lot better.

BZPRPG profile:

• 2 weeks later...

When is the show supposed to premier?

This isn't exactly a sets question, but I'll answer it anyway. In the U.S. and Canada the TV show has already premiered. In the U.S. the first two episodes covering 2012 story aired on December 2, 2011 as a sort of a "sneak preview". Two weeks ago, the first episode re-aired, followed by the second episode last week. Tonight the third episode, "Snakebit", will air for the first time in the United States.The schedule for the TV show in the U.S. is a new episode every Wednesday at 8/7C on Cartoon Network. There is a rerun of the most recent episode every Friday at 7:30/6:30C.

When is the show supposed to premier?

This isn't exactly a sets question, but I'll answer it anyway. In the U.S. and Canada the TV show has already premiered. In the U.S. the first two episodes covering 2012 story aired on December 2, 2011 as a sort of a "sneak preview". Two weeks ago, the first episode re-aired, followed by the second episode last week. Tonight the third episode, "Snakebit", will air for the first time in the United States.The schedule for the TV show in the U.S. is a new episode every Wednesday at 8/7C on Cartoon Network. There is a rerun of the most recent episode every Friday at 7:30/6:30C.
You can find the full Season 2 TV schedule here. I update it every time an episode is announced.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Does this count as preliminary? I found it on another LEGO forum where I often lurk, and it seems pretty finalized to me. I believe it's from the Nuremburg Toy Fair. Oh wait, it's on that unmentionable video hosting site. Nvm. Squishypony posted screenshots of what I'm talking about in the Ninjago Discussion topic. My wallet is crying tears of pain.

Edited by Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of

Does this count as preliminary? I found it on another LEGO forum where I often lurk, and it seems pretty finalized to me. I believe it's from the Nuremburg Toy Fair. Oh wait, it's on that unmentionable video hosting site. Nvm. Squishypony posted screenshots of what I'm talking about in the Ninjago Discussion topic. My wallet is crying tears of pain.

We can still talk about the video, right? After all, it seems like a reliable, non-leaked source. I particularly like the four-headed dragon. I'd wanted to use the four dragons from last year to make one, but this set goes above and beyond my expectations.Also, Pythor and Green Ninja figs for the win.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

EDIT: Will add links to images once I've removed the site name from the corners.EDIT 2: Never mind, I can't remove a deliberately-placed watermark and circulate the images with a clear conscience. Finding the images with a search hopefully won't be too hard, because I'm not going to sacrifice my integrity just to comply with the advertising policy.Many of the sets were animated in the displays, showing off their functions. The giant snake's mouth opens and closes, the four-headed dragon's wings flap, the vehicle has wings on the top module that open in a magnificent fashion, and of course as we all know the Destiny's Bounty transforms into flight mode. The functions of these models are where their real beauty lies.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I am so in love with that green! I'm sure it's nothng new, but I love how it works with the other colors bothe on the Ninja and the Dragon.Trans green... yes...Definitely want that Dragon. Even more now that I see it comes with the Green Ninja.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

CerealSpitting.pngThat 4-headed dragon is just epic. And we finally get gold lightsaber hilts!! :wub:I don't like the lower jaw of the huge snake though. Looks far too blocky compared to the rest of the snake.Samurai mech looks neat. The white tank thing looks OK though I like the sai-on-a-belt detail.What are those solid-colored ninjas about? And why is Zane light-blue?

[snippity][snipparoo]I am so in love with that dragon.

I... Uhhh... WOW. I might buy that... and... maybe... only leave the earth head on. As much as four heads are supposedly cool, I HATE Hydra, hydralisks, or ANY other multi-headed reptilian creature. However the set in general is epic. I'm thinking that the Green Ninja is Nya again now, remember how when Nya said she wanted a dragon, and Wu just said "Just wait. your time will come."? Yeah. I think it actually will. Edited by toatanu
toatanusignature.png

[snippity][snipparoo]I am so in love with that dragon.

I... Uhhh... WOW. I might buy that... and... maybe... only leave the earth head on. As much as four heads are supposedly cool, I HATE Hydra, hydralisks, or ANY other multi-headed reptilian creature. However the set in general is epic. I'm thinking that the Green Ninja is Nya again now, remember how when Nya said she wanted a dragon, and Wu just said "Just wait. your time will come."? Yeah. I think it actually will.
I don't think so. First of all, the Green Ninja's outfit doesn't betray a female figure. Even Samurai X's outfit clearly shows a curvier body underneath the main armor piece.I think, based on a pic of the Green Ninja from the Teletoon website (http://www.teletoon.com/tv/legoNinjago/showPageBackground_legoNinjago.jpg), the Green Ninja is Lloyd. Lloyd isn't tall enough to be the Green Ninja at the point we're at in the story, but his eyebrows match almost exactly. As for how he gets tall enough, no idea. Maybe he has a growth spurt. Maybe he falls asleep for seven years after retrieving a mystical weapon (it's happened to other green-suited individuals in the past :P ). Maybe it's majicks. But I'm pretty confident it will be Lloyd, not Nya. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Not sure where else this would go, but I'll say it here: yesterday, Walmart had the spinner packs Kruncha, Wyplash, Sensei Wu, and Lord Garmadon for $3.20 USD! Don't pass up this deal!

Interesting. I was at Walmart the other day, and they didn't have many 2011 sets, but they had a good assortment of 2012 sets. I was going to pick up 9444 Cole's Tread Assault, but decided I'd get 9552 Lloyd Garmadon, 9553 Jay ZX, and 9551 Kendo Cole. I'll be getting the Tread Assault next time, but I wanted to get something smaller the other day.All 3 are really good sets, and all were more than I expected. The only thing that disappointed me was that Lloyd was missing the orange piece to raise him in the spinner. :( It's weird though that in different official pics, it shows it, but in others it doesn't...Also, does anybody have the Exclusive Kendo Jay set? If so, could you please supply me with a good, high-quality scan of his character card without interference by the holographic film? If you could, that would be great. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I find TLG's decision to divide the four tribes into two different waves interesting. I love the constrictai and their head mould. I think that mould will be useful to me for so of my upcoming MOC's.

Edited by reptiman

BZPRPG profile:

I find TLG's decision to divide the four tribes into two different waves. I love the constrictai and their head mould. I think that mould will be useful to me for so of my upcoming MOC's.

Yeah, I love the Constrictai. I think Skalidor's head is awesome, though I've decided my favorite snake is Acidicus. He is awesome. I'll try to use some of the new Serpentine pieces in an MOC also.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I find TLG's decision to divide the four tribes into two different waves. I love the constrictai and their head mould. I think that mould will be useful to me for so of my upcoming MOC's.

Yeah, I love the Constrictai. I think Skalidor's head is awesome, though I've decided my favorite snake is Acidicus. He is awesome. I'll try to use some of the new Serpentine pieces in an MOC also.
Yes I agree. The new snake moulds are amazing. Acidicus is amazing too. I also believe that TLG based the fangpyre dual headed snakes on this snake below.Two%20Headed%20snake.jpgI am an avid fan of reptiles so I recognized this instantly. I think this was TLG's inspiration for fangdam and fangtom. This snake above was born a two headed albino honduran milk snake just this past year before halloween. I think this would be enough time for TLG to prepare a mould for it. I would find it slightly strange if this were a coincidence. Edited by reptiman

BZPRPG profile:

Aanchir is in New York City at Toy Fair 2012, so he may get some good information about upcoming sets. He is there collecting Hero Factory information for HEROsector01, and browsing Ninjago sets for The Ninjago Wiki. Check both sites for updates regarding those themes.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick