Ninjago 2012 Sets

unknown_user2596

This year the same issue has arisen with Snike, all five generals, and the new Sensei Wu and Lord Garmadon.

Skales was on the back on 9444 tread assault set and 9446 Destiny's bounty.
Still, the point he is saying there are no simple, reliable ways of getting this art unless we were to contact the artist or TLG themselves, which is still somewhat unlikely. Even scanning it would leave glare from the gloss finish on the box. If it were in a PDF, I could get the image out in Adobe Illustrator, but that still isn't an option seeing that it's not in any PDF files that have been made public.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Lego instruction manual promos? Like the one with the Hypnobrai staff? We could get Skales from there...

Is this the one you are talking about? If so, this isn't the same art, and it doesn't even show the whole character. : Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Best we've got, though.EDIT: Oh wait, did you mean the CGI render?

No, you had it the first time. We could try getting the art off of the backs of the boxes, like seen here, but it really isn't worth it because we risk losing quality in scanning it, and it isn't the full art to begin with.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Am I the only one sad that there will be no Snike character card out of everyone else?

You're not the only one. The card art is usually my favorite depiction of characters for the wiki, but unfortunately not all characters get cards. Last year, both Samukai and Jay DX went without cards, even though I know they had similar character art (which appeared on the back of some sets they were in). This year the same issue has arisen with Snike, all five generals, and the new Sensei Wu and Lord Garmadon. Part of why I hope to find the people responsible for this amazing art is so that we can hopefully obtain high-res images of at least some of this "missing" art.
I'd hope the new Garmadon would be on the back of Epic Dragon Battle's box, as well as Pythor on the back of the Ultra Sonic Raider.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'd hope the new Garmadon would be on the back of Epic Dragon Battle's box, as well as Pythor on the back of the Ultra Sonic Raider.

Agreed. I'm still annoyed that they decided to put Skales (who already appears once) on the back on 9446 Destiny's Bounty instead of Slithraa. If they can put Fangdam on the back of 9445, then why is Skales repeated?

Agreed. I'm still annoyed that they decided to put Skales (who already appears once) on the back on 9446 Destiny's Bounty instead of Slithraa. If they can put Fangdam on the back of 9445, then why is Skales repeated?
They seem to want to promote Fangdam a lot for some reason. The main reason probably being that since he appears inside the cockpit of the vehicle, it's hard to see him on the box front. Thus there's big text reading "Fangdam Included" on the box, just like there is for Fang-Suei on the box of the Rattlecopter. In other themes such text is reserved for very special figs, but in these cases it seems to be specifically to draw attention to the figs in the sets' cockpits who are otherwise easily overlooked.Also note that Fangdam is also duplicated-- his art appears on the box for the Fangpyre Wrecking Ball. And Slithraa's art will be on his card when his spinner set comes out this fall. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I'm planning on getting the samurai mech. I've been working on plans to make it more show accurate. I will add the jetpack if it doesn't have one. I'm also going to make Samurai X more show accurate. I'll be using a Spyclops head from the agents line to mimic the goggles Samurai X had. And I'll use a Clone trooper jetpack for the jetpack Samurai X used. One question does any ninjago set have grey shuriken pieces. There a color available in Ldd. I've looked around but as far as I know they only exist in gold

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

At least we know we will be getting both Slithraa and Fangdam card art, on their cards in sets 9573 and 9571. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm still rather displeased with Jay DX not having cards, it really messes up a video series I'm doing. I think that Jay gets the short end of the stick with spinners, almost never having his own spinner set, not even having a spinner, besides his NRG version, which I don't really count as a normal spinner.I also wish Samukai had a card, cause his artwork on the back of Fire Temple's box was epic. Granted, he is one of the worst minifigs for spinners, like Kruncha, but it would have been cool.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I'm still rather displeased with Jay DX not having cards, it really messes up a video series I'm doing. I think that Jay gets the short end of the stick with spinners, almost never having his own spinner set, not even having a spinner, besides his NRG version, which I don't really count as a normal spinner.I also wish Samukai had a card, cause his artwork on the back of Fire Temple's box was epic. Granted, he is one of the worst minifigs for spinners, like Kruncha, but it would have been cool.

Technically, Jay DX and standard Jay had spinners. Unless you're specifically talking about this year's sets, in which case yeah, he gets sort of shafted. Kendo Jay even gets a crown, but no spinner to attach it to!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

hiiiii guyssoi still haven't gotten a ninjago 2012 set yetbut lately i have been thinking about buying onespecifically a fangpyre vehiclebut the question iswhich one?i can choose out of the Mech, Rattlecopter and truck, but watching/reading reviews hasn't really helped much, so i decided to ask for honest-to-goodness recommendations

overlordsukapon.png

The Fangpyre Truck is cool but has it's flaws. You can't get the Wrecking Ball? That's probably my favorite, because it's really really cool. I guess I'd recommend the Rattlecopter for you. It's action feature is great, and it looks really cool overall.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

hiiiii guyssoi still haven't gotten a ninjago 2012 set yetbut lately i have been thinking about buying onespecifically a fangpyre vehiclebut the question iswhich one?i can choose out of the Mech, Rattlecopter and truck, but watching/reading reviews hasn't really helped much, so i decided to ask for honest-to-goodness recommendations

I definitely recommend the mech. I don't yet have it, but I think that's one of the best ones this year.

Personally, I'd recommend the truck. It features a lot of awesome features: A swinging tail, a luscious trans-purple windscreen (and trans-purple exhaust flames!), and an opening mouth (which loses some points for not opening while the truck has all four wheels to the ground, but is cool nonetheless). Not to mention that the set also includes one of the ninja vehicles (Zane's snowmobile), two of the ZX ninja, and the Fangpyre general Fangtom, who appears only in that set. If you were only to get a single set from this half of the year, the Fangpyre truck would be an excellent choice.I'll be posting a detailed review of the Fangpyre Truck Ambush on The Ninjago Wiki very soon, to be followed by reviews of the Fangpyre Wrecking Ball and the Rattlecopter (I don't have the mech, so I'm unable to review that one for you). Hopefully my reviews can help guide your decision!

three brothers, three different opinions lol. the question is which one is right for me, i suppose.from everything i've seen so far, it's likely going to be the truck or the mech. i guess i have to noodle on whether the truck is worth the extra $25.thanks for all the advice so far! i'm looking forward to the reviews, too.

overlordsukapon.png

three brothers, three different opinions lol. the question is which one is right for me, i suppose.from everything i've seen so far, it's likely going to be the truck or the mech. i guess i have to noodle on whether the truck is worth the extra $25.thanks for all the advice so far! i'm looking forward to the reviews, too.

Off-topic: how is it that your sig has a different shark in it every time I look at it? o_OOn-topic: at the recent AFOLcon event in the U.K. several Ninjago prototypes were on display.Pic 1Pic 2Some of them are hideous, like the lumpy red version of Jay's Storm Fighter. Others, like some of the other versions of Jay's Storm Fighter or Zane's Snowmobile, look pretty spiffy. There is not at this time any set known to be based on the train, and I've seen information that suggests it won't be made into a set, but it's still a great design from the talented set designer Mark Stafford.By the way, these photos are not mine. They are by the Flickr user Eiker86. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Snake Train!!!! I want it (please be a store exclusive this summer!)!Where are the USR concepts? :(

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Snake Train!!!! I want it (please be a store exclusive this summer!)!Where are the USR concepts? :(

They don't have concepts of all the sets there. Not only is there no USR, but no Rattlecopter, Wrecking Ball, or Epic Dragon Battle, among others. But I'm happy just seeing what they have here; it's not often we get this quantity of prototype set images all at once!

Hey people! The Ninjago Wiki has it's very first review up! Check it out to learn more about the Fangpyre Truck Ambush set. Credit to Aanchir and Lyichir for making the review.Anyways, if I get the chance, I'm going to try to MOC that snake train. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Looks like the summer sets are popping up on TRU.com. All sold out unfortunately.And it brings me to this point that always been LEGO's weak point: keeping extremely popular sets in production.(/rant) It seems that LEGO has been skimping a lot on additional production runs on this year's spinner sets. At most, they get 2 months of shelf life and get discontinued forever. Worst case? 9563 Kendo Zane especially got a shelf life of only one month. Quite unreasonable is it? I understand that they are trying to prevent overstock like last year, but still, LEGO shouldn't have make the production numbers so low and make them extremely difficult to obtain. It's not like the whole product is that difficult to produce--the sales they get should have been more than enough to cover that. Is it really that hard to make more of these and satisfy demand? I already missed out on 2 spinners and 2 booster packs because of this, and the aftermarket prices are atrocious. (/end rant)In other news, here are finalized pics of the fall assortment of spinners.

Technically, Jay DX and standard Jay had spinners. Unless you're specifically talking about this year's sets, in which case yeah, he gets sort of shafted. Kendo Jay even gets a crown, but no spinner to attach it to!
Yeah, I meant 2012. I guess I forgot to type that.

Looks like the summer sets are popping up on TRU.com. All sold out unfortunately.And it brings me to this point that always been LEGO's weak point: keeping extremely popular sets in production.(/rant) It seems that LEGO has been skimping a lot on additional production runs on this year's spinner sets. At most, they get 2 months of shelf life and get discontinued forever. Worst case? 9563 Kendo Zane especially got a shelf life of only one month. Quite unreasonable is it? I understand that they are trying to prevent overstock like last year, but still, LEGO shouldn't have make the production numbers so low and make them extremely difficult to obtain. It's not like the whole product is that difficult to produce--the sales they get should have been more than enough to cover that. Is it really that hard to make more of these and satisfy demand? I already missed out on 2 spinners and 2 booster packs because of this, and the aftermarket prices are atrocious. (/end rant)In other news, here are finalized pics of the fall assortment of spinners.

Actually, this has really been peeving me off as well. All of my local stores haven't restocked spinners in 6 months. They haven't even stocked Ka ZX or Fang Suei yet. It's really angering me, as I'll have to resort to Amazon now, who has the most overpriced Lego sets since TRU...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Actually, this has really been peeving me off as well. All of my local stores haven't restocked spinners in 6 months. They haven't even stocked Ka ZX or Fang Suei yet. It's really angering me, as I'll have to resort to Amazon now, who has the most overpriced Lego sets since TRU...
Are you kidding? While I rarely buy anything from Amazon, every LEGO product I see from them is usually at or below MSRP.

The new sets are back in stock at Toysrus usa.http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11161920&view=allThese are the new sets that are in stockWeapon pack with NRG Kai and ChokunMezmoNRG JaySpittaSamurai MechLasha's Bite CycleUltra Sonic RaiderI'm going to try to get me the Samurai Mech. I just need my dad to help me set up a Paypal account.

Are you kidding? While I rarely buy anything from Amazon, every LEGO product I see from them is usually at or below MSRP.
It may just be me then, as most times when I think of buying from Amazon, the set is overpriced.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I found out that Toys R us.com won't ship from america to canada. That really stinks. Now I'll have to wait till the Samurai Mech comes out in my stores

In case anyone's curious, here are the listings of characters that appear on the back of the summer sets.In order from left to right:9447 Lasha's Bite Cycle: ??9448 Samurai Mech: Samurai X, Bytar9449 Ultra Sonic Raider: Kai Zx, Jay Zx. Pythor9450 Epic Dragon Battle: Lloyd Zx, Jay Zx, Sensei Wu, GarmadonIn all, 9450 has the most disappointing selection, considering that Wu and Garmadon appear in summer 2011 card art. Jay Zx was repeated three times, which is quite excessive for 1 character.

Hey guys, I was at Target yesterday and all the booster packs were cleared out except for a decent amount of Zane ZX ones. Isn't that a Summer booster pack? Because I haven't seen it anywhere else. :shrugs:

Zane ZX's official release date is in June, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is popping up in stores already. It's not a late Summer set though, like the Ultra Sonic Raider, or the Epic Dragon Battle.

In case anyone's curious, here are the listings of characters that appear on the back of the summer sets.In order from left to right:9447 Lasha's Bite Cycle: ??9448 Samurai Mech: Samurai X, Bytar9449 Ultra Sonic Raider: Kai Zx, Jay Zx. Pythor9450 Epic Dragon Battle: Lloyd Zx, Jay Zx, Sensei Wu, GarmadonIn all, 9450 has the most disappointing selection, considering that Wu and Garmadon appear in summer 2011 card art. Jay Zx was repeated three times, which is quite excessive for 1 character.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this! :D I can't wait to see that Pythor art. :wub:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Hey guys, I was at Target yesterday and all the booster packs were cleared out except for a decent amount of Zane ZX ones. Isn't that a Summer booster pack? Because I haven't seen it anywhere else. :shrugs:

Zane ZX's official release date is in June, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is popping up in stores already. It's not a late Summer set though, like the Ultra Sonic Raider, or the Epic Dragon Battle.
Ah, that's along the lines of what I thought.Also guys, I went with the Fangpyre truck, which I got for only 43 dollars. AND I DON'T REGRET IT. I have the actual truck sitting on the desk in front of me right now, and man, this thing is awesome. I would have gladly paid the original 50 bucks, but getting it for cheaper only makes me like it more. Plus, it came with my first snake general(and although he's my least favorite, he's still wicked cool) and my two favorite ninjas in their ZX forms, and Fangdam is a bonus. The cherry on top is Zane's little snowmobile, which is actually pretty cool(pun completely intended).So yes, I am very happy with this set.

overlordsukapon.png

Actually, the USR is (or was) available on TRU's website. I know a few people who have it. Apparently, Pythor has black arms. Disappointment.Anyway, I'm hoping to pick up Zane ZX, Mezmo, NRG Kai vs. chokun, and the ninja's elemental vehicles (not Zane's, but everyone elses) sometime next week. Let's hope Target has them...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The newest wave of spinner and sets are now on S@H.And from the instructions I found the character roster for this wave (and the final wave). Funny thing is how many errors there are -_-

Which errors are you seeing? I only see two: Chokun is listed in 9553 instead of 9591, and Lizaru's name is misspelled.

The newest wave of spinner and sets are now on S@H.And from the instructions I found the character roster for this wave (and the final wave). Funny thing is how many errors there are -_-

Which errors are you seeing? I only see two: Chokun is listed in 9553 instead of 9591, and Lizaru's name is misspelled.
Look at NRG Kai's art as well, and compare it to the name of "NRG Cole".

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Look at NRG Kai's art as well, and compare it to the name of "NRG Cole".
Oh! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/blush.png I'm surprised I missed that.

Nice. Those are some clear pictures of the NRG ninjas and Lloyd ZX. Also, shouldn't Fangdam's label also say 9445 or is it just showing the wave two 2012 sets they appeared in? Edited by Veigar's Shadow

pWPTu7m.jpg