Five-Digit Numbers For All!

Part of our job as reporters is to spice up the front page with colorful pictures, set reviews, and great member creations, but an unspoken rule is that we simply do not miss an opportunity. With this in mind, it was revealed roughly a month ago that the new Hobbit sets were assigned five-digit numbers, and the assumption logically followed that all sets from now on will be given the same treatment. (Please keep in mind here that discussion of the sets and their names is not allowed on BZPower at this time to comply with The Lego Group's requests.) While it's true that sets in the past have been given five numbers, this is the first time it has applied to a normal line of sets. If we can speculate that this means they're running out of numbers, I guess you could say they sets are going to be <i>over nine-thousand</i>. Heh heh.View the full article

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091225210503/meme/images/9/97/9000Techno.gifPlease do not post images larger than 500 kB. -B6it's going to be weird looking at sets with five digit numbers instead of four. I guess it's a good sign for Lego, though :D.-don't touch my pocket protector Edited by Black Six

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Is this really worthy of a news story? Also, I though those sets were officially revealed. Why is discussion forbidden?
Are you talking about Hobbit sets or 2013 sets in general?
I'm a bit miffed that I didn't get to write this story. I'm pretty well qualified when it comes to five digits numbers.- 55555
LOL, so true. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Is this really worthy of a news story? Also, I though those sets were officially revealed. Why is discussion forbidden?
Hobbit sets. Wasn't one at Comic con a few months ago anyway?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Hobbit sets. Wasn't one at Comic con a few months ago anyway?
There was one Hobbit set officially revealed at Comic-Con, yes. But most other set names and numbers for 2013 floating around the internet come from leaked retailer's catalogs and online shops which inadvertently have revealed the names and numbers ahead of schedule. The exception is the Horizon Express, but being a Direct-to-Consumer set it would have had a five-digit number anyway.

I'm looking forward to set #24601.
I C WUT U DID THAR
Here it is, folks: solid proof that Reporters have nothing else to do.
Yep. We're pretty easygoing, but Black Six is still pushing to get us to write more interesting things. I actually did mean to write a real report on top of this one, but I couldn't find anything in the inbox. :?
Not terribly. It was a slow day though, and most of everything in the inbox had already been posted. Yes, officially one set has been revealed, but the other ones haven't. Spoiler policy on BZPower states specifically that discussion of unofficial set information is not allowed. The information provided has been gleaned specifically from the one future set that has been revealed already.
I'm a bit miffed that I didn't get to write this story. I'm pretty well qualified when it comes to five digits numbers.- 55555
You had a month. I picked this up because I wanted to make the joke. :P Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I can see why this would be trivial to some, but as someone who's seen the 4-digit numbers for ages now, it's kind of neat to see that LEGO is finally expanding past its former limit. It tripped me up when I first saw 5 digits on a set.

signature.png

This should be interesting. I think we should make a rule that all BZPower users in the US have to by whatever set has the number of their area code. That would make it even more interesting. :PAlso, I have I think four (maybe only 3) sets from the 1980's that used the 3-digit numbering system. :biggrin:

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.