Toa Isirh

Ok. 4 months ago "Click" posted this MOC of a Matoran he built. I just so happened to have been working on a similar MOC of my own, only mine was at least 3 times taller! So I asked him if we could collaborate on a piece of work and include this character in it. So far little progress has been made in the ways of developing a storyline, but we imagined it would be related to the Multiverse instead of the Canon Universe. All we have agreed upon so far is that his power is "Rebuff". For those who don't know what it is, it allows the being to amplify the powers of other beings in his presence.So in the realization that I have very little time left with my Lego, I decided to finally post this MOC. Meet Toa Isirh, everyone!8041397382_489452769b.jpgThe rest of the pics are on my set on a famous image-hosting website...Here they are.Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Feel free to also post any story-related suggestions. :tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I agree that it does not seem much like a toa, but its an awesome moc none the less! I love now much armor it has, and the red and white go really nice together. You don't usually see those two colors together as they represent opposite elements. i think he looks more liek a Order of Mata Order member than an Toa.

Anoroka Orokau

Oro vahka aan ai myapa

WORDS EMPOWER THE ONE THAT USES THEM

He looks a little hectic, but for the most part it's a good effect. What gaps there are make him look rugged and powerful, like he has on piles of mismatched armor he's aquired on his journeys. The red HF 3.0 pieces on his shoulders really bring together the ensemble. They suggest bulk and maybe a cape-type thing. It would be great if you could lower the shoulders, or maybe just round them out a little. As high and angular as they are now they look a little awkward. The limbs in general could use a bit more bulk, to match the awesome torso. My most petty nitpick is that the hordika armor on the back is concave in a way that isn't really natural. Some different armour would be better.Amazing creation, I love the color scheme. White and red always looks cool, but what kind of personality it suggests really depends on color distribution- which I think you did excellently.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'll reply to each one of you as I go; don't wanna leave out anyone so I'll do my best...

I read this as Toa Irish XDAnyway, its a nice MOC with many layers of detail, Doesnt really shout "Toa" to me though
Well neither does Toa Mata Nui!! Thanks, though :)
I agree that it does not seem much like a toa, but its an awesome moc none the less! I love now much armor it has, and the red and white go really nice together. You don't usually see those two colors together as they represent opposite elements. i think he looks more liek a Order of Mata Order member than an Toa.
Come to think of it, I kinda like the sound of that...an OoMN member...Yeah sounds good! Thanks for your suggestion!
For a moment, I thought the tile says "Toa Irish" :P Anyways, great job on the armor placement on the torso. The colors are okay, I guess. Like what everyone else is saying, it doesn't exactly look like a Toa but still, awesome job on this!
Thanks dude! Yeah and at first I thought that about the name too :P maybe a Toa on steroids??
Great MOC, the torso is obviously quite complex. I like most of the rest of the creation too, but the legs are too long and thin, IMO.
That's only because of the way they're displayed; a side view would've cleared things up but oh well...
He looks a little hectic, but for the most part it's a good effect. What gaps there are make him look rugged and powerful, like he has on piles of mismatched armor he's aquired on his journeys. The red HF 3.0 pieces on his shoulders really bring together the ensemble. They suggest bulk and maybe a cape-type thing. It would be great if you could lower the shoulders, or maybe just round them out a little. As high and angular as they are now they look a little awkward. The limbs in general could use a bit more bulk, to match the awesome torso. My most petty nitpick is that the hordika armor on the back is concave in a way that isn't really natural. Some different armour would be better.Amazing creation, I love the color scheme. White and red always looks cool, but what kind of personality it suggests really depends on color distribution- which I think you did excellently.
Thanks! I don't think the suggestions you have outlined will be in effect anytime soon considering he's already off the shelf but I appreciate the feedback! I may build an upgrade during Christmas break when I get back home.Appreciate the feedback, guys!:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)