So I was browsing through BS01 earlier, when I came acorss a piece of information that surprised me. I don't know if this is common knowledge that I missed or something others might be interested in - hence this topic.Norik was not the original leader of Makuta Teridax's team of Toa Hagah. Apparently, there were others that came before him, but later got replaced, whether they got killed or what I don't know, but I guess being bodyguards for the Brotherhood of Makuta is a dangerous job.We know that the Toa Hagah teams were formed more than 75,000 years BGC, be cause Makuta Spiriah had one before his exile around that time, but after Miserix's exile 78,100 BGC, because when he met the Hagah in Dwellers in Darkness, their history and purpose had to be explained to him.If Teridax's team was formed at the same time as all the others (and I see no reason why this should not be true) then Norik was not a part of it, because the earliest time we see him is only about 6,000 BGC at at that time he is in a Non-Brotherhood team with Varian. He must have been recruited to the team some time after this when an earlier member of the team needed replacing.This raises questions about whether the rest of the (known) team were also replacements at some point. Maybe Norik was the only one, and he was made leader on recruitment, or maybe had had to work his way up, deferring to the more experienced members of the team until he proved himself or they got replaced.

ppg2.png

Hm. Well, in No One Gets Left Behind, we see that Norik was a member of Varian's team for some time before employed by the Brotherhood. Perhaps when the Dark Hunters dropped him off on the Nothern Continent, he encountered a Brotherhood representative who hired him?As for the team being new...

When the Brotherhood decided that Makuta Teridax needed Toa guardians, Norik was chosen, and made the leader of the new team. He was given metallic armor to denote his status as an elite Toa, and his remaining former teammates gifted him a new Kanohi Pehkui.
"New team" implies that Teridax was one of the last to be given Toa Hagah, and also implies that Norik was the first and only leader of the team.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I can see a scenario in which he wouldn't necessarily want a team right away. As leader, he probably spent most of his time in the middle of the Destral Fortress, surrounded by countless other powerful servants and guards, including Exo-Toa, and that island teleports around. Maybe only in more recent millenia did he see a need to personally leave Destral to secretly set the stage for Mata Nui's sickness and the like, so formed a team then?But I'm not very up on the whole Hagah thing, and I didn't know that factoid either, so I'm probably wrong. Just throwin' that out as food for thought. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)