The Dark and the Dead

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Matu (Hallway)Furious, Matu pulled back with enough force to force Quoribay on his back, landing on the metal floor with a resounding thud. No blows came after that except a stern look from the Matoran."If you're helping me back to Station U, don't drag me. Now help me up and limp my way back." he growled. It also bothered him that his 'crew', so to say, was unfazed and okay with Vertak's action. Whether they hated Matu or not for his cowardice he did not care but to have no qualms about the recent display of immorality baffled him completely. He was just doing what more than half of the populous residing underground would do. Better to live a coward than a dead hero. The latter never lasted long here. No doubt, Vertak's reputation would lower just as Matu's own would, if only slightly. Acts of cowardice were normal among cowards. Then again, Vertak may get himself in the good books of people for assisting with the rotters' disposal. Maybe."So," he started, his voice thick with loathing. "Mind explaining how running away deserves a knife in the leg and why the rest of you are okay with it? Seems just a bit extreme, if you ask me."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Vertak, Hallway:"How about the fact that it was the Dark Hunter undercover in an attempt to take over your city that stayed behind to help with the rotters?" Vertak asked him. "There's one reason. Here's another... give me one other way I could have stopped you from getting away. I wasn't going to wait for the chance that we would see you again. You had to understand your error then, immediately. The knife was all I had."

IC: Matu (Hallway)"Error? I beg to differ." Matu scoffed, giving Kaithas a rude gesture at that stupid comment and grin of his. "Is that what I said? No and nor do I intend to fight unless I have my back against the wall so shut your mouth and don't mistake one thing for another. Plus, I'm not your friend and that didn't answer my questions."Matu nursed the wound in his calf, sealing the cut with some spare ratty cloth from his bag. Blood oozed out a bit but at least it wasn't pulsing. Doctors, or what came close to those down here, could treat it all they like but that was going to leave him handicapped for a while."Sorry to say but," he turned to Vertak. "not everyone's willing to stare directly in the face of death and slap it for a good cause. That's normal. Unlike you, most people down here aren't pros at chopping up monsters with ease and from what I saw, my help wasn't required one bit. If odds are you're going to die in a situation, logic says don't go through with it unless it's worth the trouble. Oh and it also says that if there's a problem which my result in death yet its being taken care of efficiently, let it be.""So unless I haven't justified my actions and proven my point enough to you karz-faces, explain to me how this is an error and why I deserve this. Because it was the only way to stop me at the time won't cut it."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Vertak, Hallway:Vertak considered what Matu had said, and then shrugged."You're obviously not going to learn the lesson, but what you're saying I agree with 100%... if you are on your own, or if every single person in your group except you is already mushed up into rotter chow. We were clearly not, and thinking we don't need your help is, quite frankly, a stupid excuse to run away."He paused, taking in the insulting manner in which Matu was speaking to them."You can't get back to Station U on your own with that leg - you know that, right? I'd advise treating each of us with a little more respect, before we decide you're just a liability."He glanced at Quoribay on the ground in a way that said he didn't really mean it - but he did hope Matu would reconsider how he was treating them.

IC: "Remind me not to do that again. And Quoribay, all things you may have done in the past are forgiven. You fought beside me, and that makes me forever-indebted."
IC:(Hallway)"I feel the same with you," Quoribay replied to kaithas, before he was tugged on his back. He quickly got up and took in what happened. Well that dirty son of a- Quoribay's thoughts were cut off when the rest started arguing. What really ticked him off was when Matu said that his help wasn't needed. "WHAT?!?! If there was one more rotter in that fight, we would all be dead without your help! None of us can survive this Karzahni-hole if we don't frakking work together, for Mata Nui's sakes! In the name of all things holy, stop being such a coward Matu!" Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Matu (Hallway)"I don't see how you deserve any respect from a guy whose leg you cut open so why don't you do us all a favour and go die in a hole, Dark Hunter? Also, do you happen to be deaf in one ear or do I need to remind you that you haven't answered my question? 'Cause you're not making a very good case for yourself here." Matu replied, his tone smoother than it had been earlier yet still slick with anger. Suddenly, he winced at the sharp intake of sound coming from Bulik's yell, caring little about what he had to say. "Well there wasn't another rotter who joined that fight now was there? Too bad. If you somehow happened to live through that, your argument might actually mean something to me. I don't know about you but I prefer to live as a coward than die as a hero. Now then, if you don't mind, lets end this conversation. Neither side is getting anywhere while we sit in the jaws of death."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Matu (Hallway)"Nice pun. That was kind of funny actually, apart from the fact that if that's what you intend on doing, you're deeming yourself or someone else to the possibility of death by me, as a zombie of course. Not the brightest idea there, sunshine."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Vertak, Hallway:Vertak nodded."I agree." He turned to Quoribay. "Forget him."His eyes were burning with fury at Matu's comment, and he now had no qualms about leaving the Matoran behind. He didn't need to explain himself to someone like that. Matu would just be another casualty of the rotters to the other Matoran."Then again, Matu is right." Vertak said thoughtfully, and darkly. "So I guess we shouldn't leave you to contaminate or kill other Matoran, Matu. What are you suggesting? Because letting you come back is pretty much not going to happen."

Edited by iBrow Voltex

IC:(Hallways)"Vertak, leaving him here for dead is exactly what he did to us. Let's give a a taste of his own medicine"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Matu (Hallway)"I was about to suggest you bring me back with you although you just knocked that one out of the sky, didn't you? With that out of the way, the only things I could really ask for is to let me take my chances by myself or we cut a deal."Or the unspoken option of complete and utter dismemberment. Which wasn't something he'd want.

Edited by TX Wade

IC:(Hallways)"How about you give us that bottle of spirits and we don't kill you now. That sounds reasonable"

IC: "Or we could haul his behind back in exchange for it." Kaithas shrugged. "The way I see it, we could either take him back and let them deal with him, or stand around in here arguing and risk that Skakdi getting out."

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Matu (Life hanging in the balance)"Y'know what, I like this guy." Matu said, pointing in Kaithas' general direction while he rested the side of his face on the cool floor. He was exhausted and the loss of blood didn't help."Do that and I'll even throw in a can of food or two once we get back, if you go along with it that is."

IC: Matu (Life hanging in the balance)Eh, maybe this Kaithas guy's not so great but he's willing to get me back to Station U in preferably one piece. That's good enough for me. Now it's only time for those other wackos to give their two cents while I lay here, on the cold, cold floor...

IC: Vertak, Hallway:"How are two cans of food supposed to help three Matoran?" Vertak asked. "Maybe we should just leave you...."He was getting worried - a bad feeling that more rotters might be nearby, closing in. Or maybe it was that Skakdi. Whatever it was, they needed to get out of the area soon, with or without Matu in tow.

IC:"Let's drag him; He has food and is better to us alive than dead. When we get back to the station the other can deal with him," Quoribay inputted, taking Matu's hand and starting to drag him to the station.

IC: Matu (Dragged)Fantastic, aside from the part where I'll get some nasty cuts from broken glass and harsh rug burns. Nonetheless, it's a whole lot better than turning out to be rotter chow in the end."How are two cans of food and a full bottle of whiskey supposed to help three Matoran? You're kidding me right?" I asked incredulously. "Do you have any idea how desperate some people are to get drunk and drown their misery and sorrows? That bottle's worth a lot, just need to find the right people to barter with.""As for two cans of food, that's self-explanatory. It's just up to you guys who gets what."

IC:"I claim the whiskey; I already have enough food for now," Quoribay said as he continued dragging Matu.

IC: Vertak, Hallway:"I was down here before the Dark Hunters attacked, scouting locations for a good ambush." Vertak admitted. "We decided not to use it in the end - it's too easy to get lost in these tunnels, and it's far creepier than the archives. So we went for a straightforward assault instead."

IC:(Station U)"Good, you can tell them about Matu, 'cause I'm gonna eat" Quoribay said as he continued dragging Matu to the gate of the station, letting go, and walking inside. He proceeded to eat his sandwich.

IC: Matu (Station U)Home sweet home. Of course, the sight of three Matoran's return, dragging another one with a bloody leg attracted attention but nothing out of the extraordinary. Not to mention the scratches and burns, oh the pain. Surprisingly, what bothered me more was these three fools. Conquering heroes with a fleeing coward? Don't make me laugh. If they expect these guys to care about my fleeing, they'll find themselves to be disappointed. I'm only going to repeat myself one more time: what I did was normal down here in a hole full of cowards and completely understandable. I'm not going to suffer for what I did.But when word gets out, Kaithas, Quoribay and Vertak's reputation will. A knife to the leg, making me bargain for my life, dragging me all the way here and they were all okay with it. That's a pretty scary mentality they've got there. Whatever, I'm done explaining. Just in time too, because a few others brought me over to a 'medical station'.Fantastic. I'll give those bozos their objects when I'm patched up.

IC: Vertak, Station U:"We're not exactly conquering heroes, Kaithas." Vertak said. "We went to a room, rotters attacked, we discovered Matu's true nature, we came back. No conquering, no heroism, no nothing. Except some food and stuff I need to make tools."