2013 LEGO Books Announced on Amazon

Well, I guess this means we'll have to tolerate hero factory for another half-year or possibly a year :(

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Well, I guess this means we'll have to tolerate hero factory for another half-year or possibly a year :(
Or, ya know, you could just ignore it. Or if it's within your power, even enjoy it. I've only read the first chapter book, but it gives me hope that the "Secret Mission" series will add a lot more depth to the story as a whole. And the sets do a great job maximizing user-friendly construction just as BIONICLE's sets tried to do for so many years with the increases in posability and customization potential over the years. Obviously the theme isn't for everyone, but it'd be great if people who didn't like it would stop acting like its very existence is an offense against them.I wish BIONICLE fans would get the idea already that Hero Factory is doing nobody any harm just by existence. It wouldn't make BIONICLE or even the more Technic-based constraction building style come back any quicker if it were to end abruptly. Just look at all the changes in building styles that happened during BIONICLE's lifespan and how few of them were ever reversed-- this is because most of those changes were made for very sound reasons. And as for the story, there's no reason why TLG couldn't create another story as brilliant as BIONICLE's, but I can think of no reason except laziness that they'd write themselves into a hole by constraining themselves to a story that's already been written, when they have the same potential to create great original stories that they have had since before BIONICLE's existence.

Or, ya know, you could just ignore it.
that's what I have been doing for the past 2 years.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I couldn't help but notice that the Ninjago novels and HF chapter books are both written by Greg. And the the LEGO friends books are written by Cathy Hapka. Both are good writers, so I bet fans of all those series are going to get some great storylines within these books. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I couldn't help but notice that the Ninjago novels and HF chapter books are both written by Greg. And the the LEGO friends books are written by Cathy Hapka. Both are good writers, so I bet fans of all those series are going to get some great storylines within these books. :)
I was never such a fan of Cathy Hapka, but that was largely due to what I perceived as her inferior grasp of the Bionicle universe's internal rules and mechanics. In a series that takes place in a more realistic world, with more focus on characterization than on fantasy worldbuilding, I'm sure she'll do just fine.Meanwhile, Greg's writing for Ninjago and Hero Factory is spectacular. It's a shame Greg's been largely replaced in writing the Ninjago chapter books by Tracey West, who only writes minimalist adaptations of television episodes as opposed to offering a new or deeper perspective on the Ninjago story. But Greg's work on the graphic novels is still excellent, and the Hero Factory novels are good enough to make up for that theme's fairly weak television episodes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It appears they threw in "Not Final Art" stuff for the Ninjago Graphic Novels, but I have the art for book 6 here. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Updates: Amazon.co.uk lists two Ninjago sticker activity books for release next year (1, 2). I have never seen these books in the U.S. (we tend to get different sticker books here), but the European sticker activity books published so far also tend to include great pictures (including illustrations that don't tend to show up here, like this example) and exclusive short stories by Greg Farshtey.The date listed for those two books is December 5, 2013, but I'm fairly certain that's a typo since we wouldn't be hearing about them that far in advance, and because there's not much logic in publishing brand-new Ninjago media months after the last wave of sets has been released and the final episodes of the show have aired.

we tend to get different sticker books here
We tend to get different everything books here. Just look at the ones not available in the US.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hero Factory book that new but Hero Factory do not talk about other Hero Factory team.Ninjago book is a good idea beside bionicle, out of Hero Factory and Ninjago i go with Ninjago.
...What? I'm sorry, your comment was a little bit hard to decipher. Did you use Google Translate or something?In any case, I would say you should give the Hero Factory: Secret Mission books a chance. They're very well-written and reminiscent of Greg's run on Bionicle. The Ninjago graphic novels are decent, but they pale in comparison to the Bionicle comics. Greg Farshtey also wrote the earlier Ninjago prose novels, which were superb and consisted of brand new story, but recently Greg stopped writing those, and was replaced by Tracey West, who only writes mediocre adaptations of the television episodes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 1 month later...