10937 Arkham Asylum Revealed

Ah good old Arkham Asylum. The prison made out of glue and sticky tape :P Nah just kidding the detail really does look amazing, I am continuingly always surprised each year how much LEGO can so much. Those gargoyles for example or whatever they are, the head using a frog piece! Whilst I'm probably not going to get this set (Marvel for the win!) I still must say this looks like a really great set :biggrin:

Edited by .:Yio:.

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

This set has a Mr. Freeze icy tower room, yet no Mr. Freeze minifig? :uhuh:But still, this looks like a great set. I love the look of all the minifigs, and the asylum itself looks amazing too. I might get it if I ever got back into getting Lego sets.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Fifty dollars more Canadian? Our dollar is better than yours, get out of the forties Lego.
At least you probs wont be paying double (AUS). And our dollar is also about the same :/
Keep in mind that it's just as much about ease of distribution as it is about exchange rates. The U.S. has a massive distribution infrastructure in place, which makes it easier (and therefore cheaper) to supply Lego to retailers. Mind you, that doesn't make those ridiculous prices fair, particularly if ordering from online, when orders would be shipped individually anyway. But alas, Lego can't afford to tick off their brick-and-mortar retail partners, so prices are standardized on the higher end instead of the lower end. Yio, from what I've heard, it's often more economical to order Lego from America when you live in Australia. Not sure whether it'd be as advantageous for you, Kanye, but it wouldn't hurt to look into it. Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This set has a Mr. Freeze icy tower room, yet no Mr. Freeze minifig? :uhuh:But still, this looks like a great set. I love the look of all the minifigs, and the asylum itself looks amazing too. I might get it if I ever got back into getting Lego sets.
He obviously managed to escape from the whole place.

The Master of Tediosness

The reason Mr. Freeze isn't going to be included in Arkham Asylum is probably because he'll be in a separate set next year. Don't forget, he was one of the 2013 Super Heroes minifigures revealed at San Diego Comic-Con. Chances are he'll appear in a set with the white-suited (antifreeze suit) Batman fig also revealed at Comic-Con, and possibly with the Aquaman fig.

And now I believe every licensed set I own (besides Indiana Jones) has been released in a newer, better version. Yes, this set I have to say is much cooler than my current Arkham Asylum set I own. The minifigs... beautiful. I'm not much of a super hero nerd, but I do like this set a lot.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Fifty dollars more Canadian? Our dollar is better than yours, get out of the forties Lego.
At least you probs wont be paying double (AUS). And our dollar is also about the same :/
Keep in mind that it's just as much about ease of distribution as it is about exchange rates. The U.S. has a massive distribution infrastructure in place, which makes it easier (and therefore cheaper) to supply Lego to retailers. Mind you, that doesn't make those ridiculous prices fair, particularly if ordering from online, when orders would be shipped individually anyway. But alas, Lego can't afford to tick off their brick-and-mortar retail partners, so prices are standardized on the higher end instead of the lower end. Yio, from what I've heard, it's often more economical to order Lego from America when you live in Australia. Not sure whether it'd be as advantageous for you, Kanye, but it wouldn't hurt to look into it.
Amazon France actually I heard :P cuz from america its not much cheaper due to shipping. It is cheaper but like only a few dollars. Edited by .:Yio:.

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

• 2 weeks later...