• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ninjago Character Encyclopedia Coming Soon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 10:06 AM

Today we have a press release for the upcoming LEGO Ninjago Character Encyclopedia, published by DK. In addition to the book coming out at the end of the month, there's a chance BZPower will be getting an early copy to give out to a lucky member, so keep your eyes peeled for a contest if that happens. For now, you can read on to see the details of this comprehensive book.View the full article

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,291 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:16 AM

Why call him Green Ninja ZX? Anyways, I could get it when it comes out or wait for that contest to pop up. I don't know.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#3 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,858 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:17 AM

Really looking forward to this. I have never bought any of the Dorling Kindersley Character Encyclopedias or Visual Dictionaries before because they've always been for licensed themes, and I don't collect most of those except for the occasional set. But they are very high in quality, as are the exclusive minifigures that they include.The Lloyd minifigure in this set is amazing, and I look forward to adding him to my collection. It seems very silly to me, though, that the cover of the book, the preview pages on the Canadian Dorling Kindersley website, and the press release all call him "Green Ninja ZX". Come on, guys. There's a set of him out that calls him by his real name. His identity's not exactly a secret anymore.It's a shame that this is coming out before the 2013 wave of sets, since it would be nice if it were 100% comprehensive, but really that would cut into its success. This way, some of the hype for the new sets and TV episodes gets funneled into the book's sales.Some pictures I've seen of the cover of this book show the back of the Lloyd minifigure's torso, and it looks like he might have a new emblem. Once this starts showing up I look forward to seeing the minifigure in more detail. Also, the book has already been released in some countries, and it's been revealed that towards the end of the book there is an image of the ninja's enemies from next year's sets (
Spoiler
). That should be more than enough to get people excited!

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#4 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,943 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:22 AM

Strange that this isn't going to contain the 2013 sets-Gata Posted Image
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#5 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 08:10 PM

>Sees this story on the front page>Reacts with the following:"But TNW had this article months ago">Checks TNW>OH WAIT I was too lazy to write that article months ago.Well yay I guess. I'll buy the book because if it says Ninjago on it I feel as if I must buy it (yes I have Ninjago notebooks, clothing, etc galore).
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#6 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,917 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 11:33 PM

I know this is great news for Ninjago fans. The fact that a minifig comes with it will help it sell more copies.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users