Ninjago Character Encyclopedia Coming Soon

Today we have a press release for the upcoming LEGO Ninjago Character Encyclopedia, published by DK. In addition to the book coming out at the end of the month, there's a chance BZPower will be getting an early copy to give out to a lucky member, so keep your eyes peeled for a contest if that happens. For now, you can read on to see the details of this comprehensive book.View the full article

Really looking forward to this. I have never bought any of the Dorling Kindersley Character Encyclopedias or Visual Dictionaries before because they've always been for licensed themes, and I don't collect most of those except for the occasional set. But they are very high in quality, as are the exclusive minifigures that they include.The Lloyd minifigure in this set is amazing, and I look forward to adding him to my collection. It seems very silly to me, though, that the cover of the book, the preview pages on the Canadian Dorling Kindersley website, and the press release all call him "Green Ninja ZX". Come on, guys. There's a set of him out that calls him by his real name. His identity's not exactly a secret anymore.It's a shame that this is coming out before the 2013 wave of sets, since it would be nice if it were 100% comprehensive, but really that would cut into its success. This way, some of the hype for the new sets and TV episodes gets funneled into the book's sales.Some pictures I've seen of the cover of this book show the back of the Lloyd minifigure's torso, and it looks like he might have a new emblem. Once this starts showing up I look forward to seeing the minifigure in more detail. Also, the book has already been released in some countries, and it's been revealed that towards the end of the book there is an image of the ninja's enemies from next year's sets (

a member of the Overlord's Stone Army

). That should be more than enough to get people excited!

>Sees this story on the front page>Reacts with the following:"But TNW had this article months ago">Checks TNW>OH WAIT I was too lazy to write that article months ago.Well yay I guess. I'll buy the book because if it says Ninjago on it I feel as if I must buy it (yes I have Ninjago notebooks, clothing, etc galore).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.