• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Weapons?

guns weapons great beings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline NatureDruid

NatureDruid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-August 12
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 05:46 PM

I am suspecting that the great beings had something to do with setting up the first toa. If so, why did they equip them with melee weapons? I am sure a longer range weapon, like a gun, would be more useful. Even the Vorox on Bota Magna had long range firearms!

#2 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 12-September 12
  • 471 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 06:02 PM

...Probably because the Great Beings did not see the need for ranged weapons. Remember that the original Toa's weapons were actually tools (nevermind that Helryx had a flail), thus the origin of the name "Toa Tools." Ranged weapons would not be necessary, especially since the Toa were just more specialized nanotech to the GBs.This is further supported by the fact that every ranged weapon I can think of, Toa Tool or no, was invented in the MU, not by the Great Beings.

Edited by Meta-Mind, Oct 10 2012 - 06:03 PM.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#3 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 06:02 PM

Simple: They have elemental powers. That is their ranged weapon.

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#4 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,221 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, a Toa Tool in the hands of a Toa with full elemental energy is both a ranged weapon and a melee weapon. Superior to just a ranged weapon. :)But more to the point, the Great Beings weren't giving them weapons, but tools to be used as needed in the maintenance. They hold something as a Tool mainly because it helps them focus their elemental power. Which could be used for making land, repairing metal, shining light, using magnetics to manipulate machinery, etc. (those examples being Stone, Iron, Light, Magnetics; the list can go on).

#5 Offline Magnetic Vorahk

Magnetic Vorahk
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 03-September 06
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 07:13 PM

Well, the GBs didn't really see the Toa as protectors of the Matoran, just as a specialized version of the Matoran, which were just technology to them. Their role as protectors didn't come about until they started becoming self-aware. So, when designing their equipment, the GBs were going for tools rather than weapons.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

And now; our long, long wait is finally over.

#6 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 05-November 09
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm pretty sure they were made with some defense in mind, either in case the robot was invaded or things went wrong inside (which they did). After all, they invented Rahi and probably intended for those to be wild.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#7 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,242 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 08:39 PM

Actually, the Makuta created the Rahi.But yeah, Toa Tools have ranged capabilities. They channel the powers through and tada!

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#8 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,221 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 11:08 PM

Actually, the Makuta created the Rahi.

I think he's referring to the idea of Rahi, which I'm pretty sure the GBs did invent. Remember those "first Rahi" that Mavrah had? BS01 says the GBs made those.Anywho...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users