Useless MNOLG Character and Background Things

The Legendary TNT

OOH! That's some nice stuff there! Thank you! I've been thinking about doing this, but now I have a template to use for DSS (my other little sprite project originally created by Ghosthands) back view MoLtoran. Awesome! I just need more angles now. Oh, and try to get the gear on the back. It was there in the MNOLG animations I believe.

. I have the gear, however I got really lazy and didn't add it. XD. I'll try to post as soon as I get to 8th period study hall's computers. I also have some othe parts for the MOLatoran that I haven't posted yet. I have to admit: I'm not sure why this hasn't been done yet. The editing the sprite's really easy. The resizing and respriting is a bit vexing, but the rest is easy. Oh, well, guess I'll attempt to finish what Matoran Onknu started. Edited by Damaracx Ultimate

Yeah, that's why I never like resizing them because I have to resprite them. I usually start and say "Aaaaaah, I'll do this later, I have other things I can do." :P

I usually do that too. Then, I have to quickly stop and force myself to continue. That, and it isn't too difficult. As long as I have the original object I resize, I can use it as a reference for my respriting. (Sorry guys, no updates. I could only wish this were 8th period. I'm in class avoiding being caught typing on my IPhone.)

Edit: Seems you'll have to wait. I haven't recolored them yet and I've only got 15 mins left in study hall which probably wont be enough time to recolor here. I have to take a very long ride on the bus so expect them in roughly 2 hrs.

Edit 2: Bit longer then I though it would take. You'll like this.

Molatoran Feet Angles

Molatoran Part 3

Edited by Damaracx Ultimate

• 1 month later...

This is some cool stuff! However, I will say that on the scopeless Akaku, it needs to have the shading fixed on it so it doesn't have a weird shadow in the shape of a diamond on it's head. That's something that tends to be forgotten when people make front versions of masks is the shading, especially scopeless renditions of scoped masks. Just a suggestion. ;) Where did you get the dice from, BTW? Did you make those? If so, they look great!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

This is some cool stuff! However, I will say that on the scopeless Akaku, it needs to have the shading fixed on it so it doesn't have a weird shadow in the shape of a diamond on it's head. That's something that tends to be forgotten when people make front versions of masks is the shading, especially scopeless renditions of scoped masks. Just a suggestion. ;) Where did you get the dice from, BTW? Did you make those? If so, they look great!

Thanks! The dice are from MNOG II when you trying to hit that rock to activate the bridge In Ga-Koro.

Hm, never noticed them before...

UPDATE: Smoke Note: It contains transparencies that could turn into white if saved wrong. Works best on more powerful editors.

Update: Snowy footprints. Take a totally white ground and paste this onto it in a footstep pattern, resizing it as necessary. I'll add a snow drift texture to make your snow look more like snow later.

Teeny note: I updated the first post so that the mask link looks like all the others. Yeah, it bothered me.

Edited by The Legendary TNT

new_sig_legacy_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

XD. Well, don't worry I've got a treat for you!

New Mctoran Arm Pose

Mctoran Feet

And lastly a tutorial on how I do this stuff. It was a rather obvious trick. I'm surprised none of us found it.

(Credit to Nuparu77 for giving me permission to use the data files and credit to me for extracting the sprites.)

New Mctoran Arm Pose

Mctoran Feet

And lastly a tutorial on how I do this stuff. It was a rather obvious trick. I'm surprised none of us found it.

(Credit to Nuparu77 for giving me permission to use the data files and credit to me for extracting the sprites.)

Ya know, this is karma. This is what I get for being a diva nerd and having to have everything at full screen when the answer to get everything down to kit size is just SHRINKING THE WINDOW A BIT! Please excuse me while I go scream in a pillow.

*muffled screams*

*faint sobbing*

Ok, I'm back. So now that it appears that you have everything for a mctoran and probably for a MoLtoran part kit, could you please either a) post all the kit compatible pieces or b) post the mctoran .swf file? That would make me very happy, but still a little sad I never considered resizing the...window...so simple...

*bangs head against the wall*

new_sig_legacy_2.png

New Mctoran Arm Pose

Mctoran Feet

Ya know, this is karma. This is what I get for being a diva nerd and having to have everything at full screen when the answer to get everything down to kit size is just SHRINKING THE WINDOW A BIT! Please excuse me while I go scream in a pillow.

*muffled screams*

*faint sobbing*

Ok, I'm back. So now that it appears that you have everything for a mctoran and probably for a MoLtoran part kit, could you please either a) post all the kit compatible pieces or b) post the mctoran .swf file? That would make me very happy, but still a little sad I never considered resizing the...window...so simple...

*Bows head in shame*. I know.

Molatoran feet are different. Their side view has also been rather difficult to get. A complete Mctoran kit is possible though.

• 3 weeks later...

XD.  Well, don't worry I've got a treat for you!

New Mctoran Arm Pose

Mctoran Feet

And lastly a tutorial on how I do this stuff.  It was a rather obvious trick.  I'm surprised none of us found it.

*muffled screams*

*faint sobbing*

*Bows head in shame*.  I know.

Molatoran feet are different.  Their side view has also been rather difficult to get.  A complete Mctoran kit is possible though.

Well, that is fantastic to hear! Since you're the one who seems to be pushing this the most, go for it!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

This is awesome. I especially like the cave, as it can easily be used as a frame for anything. Like a picture. Imagine having your own MNOLG-esque picture taken! I think it would do pretty good in a brickfair-ish environment.

banner1.png

That's the concept behind its usage. Kind of. Never thought of it being used in a photographic setting, but that would be sweet. Although, I can't remember who made it, was it me or Damaracx?

Dat be me.

Update: Boat wheel. It has a lot of space between because I tried doing something and it didn't work. Oh well. I can work around it.

Huh, cool.  I never even thought to rip that.

That's the concept behind its usage. Kind of. Never thought of it being used in a photographic setting, but that would be sweet. Although, I can't remember who made it, was it me or Damaracx?

Dat be me.

Update: Boat wheel. It has a lot of space between because I tried doing something and it didn't work. Oh well. I can work around it.

Huh, cool. I never even thought to rip that.
I needed it for something. ;) I had to resprite the tips of a couple of the handles, but they turned out well, imo.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Dat be me.

Update: Boat wheel. It has a lot of space between because I tried doing something and it didn't work. Oh well. I can work around it.

I needed it for something. ;) I had to resprite the tips of a couple of the handles, but they turned out well, imo.

Ah, I thought you had maybe found the sprite else where.  In Kai's hut I presume?

Dat be me.

Ah, I thought you had maybe found the sprite else where. In Kai's hut I presume?
Yup. I figured if I needed her in a comic, I should use her signature wheel in something.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Dat be me.

Ah, I thought you had maybe found the sprite else where. In Kai's hut I presume?
Yup. I figured if I needed her in a comic, I should use her signature wheel in something.

I'll post an update to my background collection then.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are some epic sprite works. The masks are well done and you could have fooled me that they weren't in MNOA back in the day. If I didn't know my lore of the series that is.  :D  I do hope you guys continue these. I've tried my hand at a simple edit of the Great Mask of Sensory Aptitude (Which I Call the Naron) In a pseudo movie style. I'll be using it in a upcoming project as close ups for my Toa of Iron Hadek.

hadek_mnoa_movie_style.png

By the way think you can make MNOA sprites of these Masks?

https://38.media.tumblr.com/39daadbe27e9fcabc7c7d849685ecd65/tumblr_ndt8zp3IzB1u14y3zo1_400.jpg

https://33.media.tumblr.com/279bc877e82dc85a869153831b4ec6c6/tumblr_ndt8zp3IzB1u14y3zo3_400.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831014029/bionicle/images/d/d0/Prototype_Kongu_Inika.png

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Well thanks, man. It's nice to see this topic has had some life to it since I've been gone. However, I don't know how much actual spriting I'll be able to do anymore. I honestly wish I could right now, but I'm kind of busy all the time now. Come summer I might, or someone else might, but as of right now, I'm probably not going to be able to do anything as far as spriting goes. And are those prototype masks? I forgot about those. :blink:

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Well thanks, man. It's nice to see this topic has had some life to it since I've been gone. However, I don't know how much actual spriting I'll be able to do anymore. I honestly wish I could right now, but I'm kind of busy all the time now. Come summer I might, or someone else might, but as of right now, I'm probably not going to be able to do anything as far as spriting goes. And are those prototype masks? I forgot about those. :blink:

Your quite welcome. No worries on the spriting front. I can give it a whack for the one that looks like the Kraahkan

(I'm going with Mask of Elasticity for it. No name yet though.) After all its a modified existing mask.

Any tips you can give me? I'm not a newbie at spriting. In fact I'm part of the VG Resource and Smackjeeves comic community. But my motto is always ask advice.

Yeah those are Prototypes. I always liked the first one don't know why.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Well, what I would do when spriting a mask is I would start near the eyes. Get the shape of the eyes and then try to do some mask edge and mouth regions. When doing the shading, remember how the light effects the other masks. It tends to shine down from the top left from the observer's point of view. The colors, when you use the pallet, the lightest and darkest colors should be used for outlining 9 times out of 10. There are a few exceptions, but they are few and far between and shouldn't be a factor. But most of all, look at the kit up close. Look at little patterns the kit tends to do based on what kind of shape(s) the object has. Once you get familiar with the kit's trends, then copy them where you see fit (no copy and pasting, that never works unless it's a scope. Then be very careful). And the last little bits I can think of are to look at your reference pic constantly and to zoom in and zoom out often. Follow those and your eye for detail, and youout should be good. :)

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Well, what I would do when spriting a mask is I would start near the eyes. Get the shape of the eyes and then try to do some mask edge and mouth regions. When doing the shading, remember how the light effects the other masks. It tends to shine down from the top left from the observer's point of view. The colors, when you use the pallet, the lightest and darkest colors should be used for outlining 9 times out of 10. There are a few exceptions, but they are few and far between and shouldn't be a factor. But most of all, look at the kit up close. Look at little patterns the kit tends to do based on what kind of shape(s) the object has. Once you get familiar with the kit's trends, then copy them where you see fit (no copy and pasting, that never works unless it's a scope. Then be very careful). And the last little bits I can think of are to look at your reference pic constantly and to zoom in and zoom out often. Follow those and your eye for detail, and youout should be good. :)

Okey dokey I'll give it a shot very soon. I'm currently working on some Rayg expansions. I think I'll start a topic for it but I'll post my MNOLG masks here.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey hey hey got a bit of a update. A custom mask in the style say hello to the Kanohi Sakon.

d18a21aa50Uax.png

I think I got it in the style right.

Not bad! I'm impressed! A few tips for when you're working with this kit is to always have the actual mask handy. Take a picture your mask in the angle you wish to sprite it, it will help you proportion the masks size with the head.

I am not 100% But I think I may have used some of this kit to make my Po-Matoran Doseki... That or there are copies out there I came across.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Hey hey hey got a bit of a update. A custom mask in the style say hello to the Kanohi Sakon.

d18a21aa50Uax.png

I think I got it in the style right.

Not bad! I'm impressed! A few tips for when you're working with this kit is to always have the actual mask handy. Take a picture your mask in the angle you wish to sprite it, it will help you proportion the masks size with the head.

Thanks glad you like it. Yeah it helps to have the real item as reference. But I could hardly do that with this mask since it's from scratch. ;)

By the way have you seen my Rayg expansion project?

Edited by Toa Komali

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!