The color of these parts, custom painted? custom cast? Photoshop? Or a

The color of these parts, custom painted? custom cast? Photoshop? Or are they real?Here: http://www.brickshel.../Takanuva/2.jpg^see how they are a really light gold color.Here's the parts in the only gold color I know them in: http://www.brickshel.../Takanuva/1.jpgDid the 2003 Takanuva mask ever come in a light gold color? And if they did, what set did they come in?

There are prototype Avokhii masks in around that color, so given that the person whose Brickshelf it is also has a picture of a prototype Kraakhan, I'd be inclined to say the mask is real.Alternately, could just be image editing. I remember DeeVee posted an awesome image where by photography magic and editing he made Takanuva Stars look like he had a perfectly white mask.~B~

Edited by Ballom

There are prototype Avokhii masks in around that color, so given that the person whose Brickshelf it is also has a picture of a prototype Kraakhan, I'd be inclined to say the mask is real.Alternately, could just be image editing. I remember DeeVee posted an awesome image where by photography magic and editing he made Takanuva Stars look like he had a perfectly white mask.~B~
Not completely correct-- the prototype Avohkii (I have one) are not in fact 297 Warm Gold (the color used in Brutaka). 297 Warm Gold was not introduced until 2006 (with some appearances in late production runs of 2005 sets). The prototype Avohkii are in fact 189 Reddish Gold, a color used between 2003 and 2006. Knights' Kingdom fans will recognize this as the slightly more copperish gold color from several sets of that theme in 2004 and 2005. BIONICLE fans will be more likely to recognize it as the color of Nuhvok-Kal's Krana-Kal.In this picture I'd imagine it's either Photoshop or custom-molded parts. Generally you can't melt down LEGO pieces and expect to re-mold them in the same quality as official parts, but perhaps this type of plastic is more forgiving, at least visually, than ABS or polycarbonate.

• 3 weeks later...
Not completely correct-- the prototype Avohkii (I have one) are not in fact 297 Warm Gold (the color used in Brutaka). 297 Warm Gold was not introduced until 2006 (with some appearances in late production runs of 2005 sets). The prototype Avohkii are in fact 189 Reddish Gold, a color used between 2003 and 2006. Knights' Kingdom fans will recognize this as the slightly more copperish gold color from several sets of that theme in 2004 and 2005. BIONICLE fans will be more likely to recognize it as the color of Nuhvok-Kal's Krana-Kal.In this picture I'd imagine it's either Photoshop or custom-molded parts. Generally you can't melt down LEGO pieces and expect to re-mold them in the same quality as official parts, but perhaps this type of plastic is more forgiving, at least visually, than ABS or polycarbonate.
Actually, I heard that some Avohkii were cast in the new color around 2006 to test the new gold plastic.

aouROFb.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to tell, if that Avohkii is real, I would say he somehow obtained it, but there are a lot of other Photoshopped images in his account, and I do see a gold Arthron (but it could be painted, since he uses it twice), so I don't know. If he painted it, he's very good. Photoshopping colors takes a lot of skill (I tried it with my Gar MOC if anyone saw that, it took forever just to get it to look black), and he also has the prototype Kraahkan (which might be 3D printed, since I've never seen it before, and it would appear he has another "prototype" on there for HF that could also be 3D printed). To sum up, I have no idea, but I want to know.EDIT: Nevermind, I looked on his...er...video hosting site account...and he has a video showing him scratching the mask, proving a. It's not painted (unless he did a very good job), b. It's not Photoshopped (unless he's very good at Photoshop and did the whole video like that, which I might believe since he actually made that Takutanuva head on Photoshop, and he did a ton of other stuff in it), and c. It's most likely the actual prototype.

Edited by Click

• 3 weeks later...

The color of these parts, custom painted? custom cast? Photoshop? Or are they real?Here: http://www.brickshel.../Takanuva/2.jpg^see how they are a really light gold color.Here's the parts in the only gold color I know them in: http://www.brickshel.../Takanuva/1.jpgDid the 2003 Takanuva mask ever come in a light gold color? And if they did, what set did they come in?

I have a set that looks very much like that. I'll have to get it out and tell you what it is. ^^

iwRQGDg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From what I recall the Pearl Gold/Warm Gold Avohkii was a prototype for the Stars Takanuva, and I have seen and heard of other Avohkiis in this color.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely photoshopped. I've used it enough to recognize the color-replacement tool effect anywhere.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The chestpiece is photoshopped. It was very well done, however. I noticed a tiny discoloration in the top-left of the chest-plate compared to the rest of the armor pieces, and realized it wasn't a shadow.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The chestpiece is photoshopped. It was very well done, however. I noticed a tiny discoloration in the top-left of the chest-plate compared to the rest of the armor pieces, and realized it wasn't a shadow.

True, I see it tue Ok guys, this is fake.

I'm back!