Do You Want Bionicle To Return?

bonesiii

Do you want Bionicle to return?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Poll for MIY. ^_^We're not necessarily asking about any particular time period here, so bear that in mind. And obviously many of us would probably say it depends on how it's done, but we're not worrying about those details for this poll. Just in general, do you want a return? :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Bionicle is the only thing that has been keeping me alive other than my grandparents. Bionicle is my life. Anyone who say no in this poll is dead to me.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I voted no. This doesn't mean I'd mind Bionicle returning one bit. But I have no desire for it to return when Lego's impressing me just as much, if not more, with brand new themes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I voted no. If there was the option "I don't want it to return right now, because I have no faith it would be handled properly", I'd have voted for that, but there isn't.I don't trust Lego to bring BIONICLE back and handle it properly, at least not at this point. Their mindset is incorrect, as evidenced by the route they're taking with Hero Factory (don't get me wrong, I like HF, but I wouldn't want cues from HF to spill over into BIONICLE). They'd butcher it, and I'd like to preserve BIONICLE's memory rather than have it ruined by a contrived return.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Contrary to the first post, the time period would decide it for me. If Bionicle returned with the rich and intriguing style of the first few years on Mata Nui, I'd be all for it. But if it was with the silly names, flat and inaccessible storytelling and overwhelming complexity of the later years, I wouldn't be even slightly interested.I know any return would probably be the latter, so for that I'd have to say no.

No, not at all. I'd be okay with its return, but I want LEGO to come up with more original constraction themes. I love HF, but I really really want it to end because I want to see what comes after. I have no real interest in LEGO backtracking to BIONICLE.

AXKP5KC.png

Of course I want them back! I'd love to see the many unreleased characters released as sets, like Helryx, the Sisters of the Skrall and especially the baterra!Plus, I feel a little cheated about when it was discontinued, because a trustworthy resource said Bionicle's story was written up to 2011, falsely leading me to believe the toyline would last at least that long. I'd like Bionicle to at least last another year and a half to make up for that.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I said "unsure/middle" because I'm mostly indifferent. If BIONICLE came back it would probably be awesome (I'm enough of an optimist to believe that they wouldn't bring it back UNLESS they could make it awesome), but if LEGO kept releasing great non-BIONICLE sets that would be just as good for me. BIONICLE was unique in a lot of ways, but I've easily been able to enjoy non-BIONICLE stuff as much as I enjoyed BIONICLE, if not always for as long. It would be narrow-minded of me to think that nothing else exists in the world that I could enjoy to the same extent as a single LEGO theme.

Considering we're ignoring the theoretical timetable or method for bringing it back, I voted yes.Given ideal circumstances and provided they go in the right direction with sets/story, I'd love to see a return of Bionicle in some form someday.I'm not holding my breath, though.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Strong yes. Preferably not as a reboot, but rather set in the far future of Spherus Magna. They could make a fully new story, and only call on old fiction when it is convenient. That way the plot isn't too confusing either. Greg could slowly answer old questions and loose ends when the time comes, if they need to be answered at all.Plus, even if they botch it, you cannot ruin a piece of fiction by adding to it, only by subtracting from it. If you don't like the added part, you can stop from that point on. But if you erase all that has come before from all records (as in, "this never happened, but the rest did", though not a reboot., you fail.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'm starting to want to vote "no" just because we see these polls far too often for my taste.Anyhow, I still voted yes. Why wouldn't I want to see it come back? It was a great line, and we could see some great new innovations, provided we have an effective story.However, I'm also totally cool with not having it at all. Hero Factory is awesome.

Bionicle is the only thing that has been keeping me alive other than my grandparents. Bionicle is my life. Anyone who say no in this poll is dead to me.
Well....um......that's a little harsh donchya think?
I think it was sort of a joke.
I was completely serious.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Ha! No question. Strong yes!That said, I do hope it would be handled right if it did come back. I guess as long as Greg Farshtey was still working for LEGO, he'd probably get to work on it again, and then it would be like what we're used to.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I said no. I highly doubt Lego could really do a good job bringing it back now. Greg's busy with his baby, so we can't get much story. We'll probably just get some Inika clones that are sloppily inserted into the story. Blech. In a few years, when the story can be revived, maybe Lego cold make more of an effort, but really, I don't think they can top the awesomeness that was Bionicle in 2004-2007. (NOTE: I am judging those years based on the impact and novelty they had back then rather than our perspective now.)

aouROFb.png

I said no. I highly doubt Lego could really do a good job bringing it back now. Greg's busy with his baby, so we can't get much story. We'll probably just get some Inika clones that are sloppily inserted into the story. Blech. In a few years, when the story can be revived, maybe Lego cold make more of an effort, but really, I don't think they can top the awesomeness that was Bionicle in 2004-2007. (NOTE: I am judging those years based on the impact and novelty they had back then rather than our perspective now.)
I doubt we'd get Inika clones, seeing as Lego now has the superior Hero Factory building system to work with.

I. WANT. IT. TO. RETURN.However, the people that are saying no do have a point. The story kinda got convoluted to the level of A Song of Ice and Fire in it's later years. Not that I don't enjoy complex fantasies, but it may be hard for the target audience, boys 6+, to catch onto. And the way Lego's going now, if they bring it back, it might not retain it's original feel; it might start becoming more of a slapstick shallow series. Not saying that Ninjago and HF are shallow, but they just aren't AS deep; they're more kid oriented.

But I have no desire for it to return when Lego's impressing me just as much, if not more, with brand new themes.
Bingo. Pretty much my reasoning, although I voted strong no instead. Hero Factory has had such impressive new sets and elements recently that Bionicle's return isn't really needed at alll, as far as I'm concerned.~B~

I. WANT. IT. TO. RETURN.However, the people that are saying no do have a point. The story kinda got convoluted to the level of A Song of Ice and Fire in it's later years. Not that I don't enjoy complex fantasies, but it may be hard for the target audience, boys 6+, to catch onto. And the way Lego's going now, if they bring it back, it might not retain it's original feel; it might start becoming more of a slapstick shallow series. Not saying that Ninjago and HF are shallow, but they just aren't AS deep; they're more kid oriented.
I'd argue that BIONICLE was always just as kid-oriented as Hero Factory and Ninjago. The difference is that they are aimed at different generations of kids. BIONICLE was meant to target kids who were into epic sagas like Star Wars or Harry Potter, both of which were tremendously popular at the time the theme was introduced, as well as brands like Pokemon that involved huge quantities of information for kids to digest. Ninjago is trying to be more like a typical Saturday morning adventure cartoon (it even fits into the same fantasy martial arts genre as some shows I've enjoyed over the years like Avatar: The Last Airbender, Jackie Chan Adventures, and Xiaolin Showdown), and Hero Factory a "monster-of-the-week" style cartoon. All of these things can appeal to the same age range, but it's all a matter of what kind of entertainment TLG thinks kids are looking for at the time-- and perhaps more importantly, which style of story will be most likely to get kids to become engaged with the actual product line. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I couldn't really care either way, to be honest. If it comes back, cool. If it doesn't, cool.
This is pretty much my opinion on the subject. Though I'm admittedly somewhere between no and undecided, but I voted unsure/middle.
Likewise. I can't really say whether I would want BIONICLE back or not, if I ignore the execution. I might like to see Alpha Team back too, but not if they do something like Mission: Deep Freeze or Agents. BIONICLE is not inherently terrific, so I can't say which I would prefer.
How well will you die?

I couldn't really care either way, to be honest. If it comes back, cool. If it doesn't, cool.
This is pretty much my opinion on the subject. Though I'm admittedly somewhere between no and undecided, but I voted unsure/middle.
Likewise. I can't really say whether I would want BIONICLE back or not, if I ignore the execution. I might like to see Alpha Team back too, but not if they do something like Mission: Deep Freeze or Agents. BIONICLE is not inherently terrific, so I can't say which I would prefer.
LewaLew, I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but Agents was the best Lego secret agent theme of all time. OF ALL TIME.Seriously, Alpha Team was only passable even before it jumped the shark, which I'd actually argue happened in Mission Deep Sea when they radically redesigned most of the characters and stopped emphasizing their specialties. Meanwhile, Agents had much more interesting villains and dramatically better sets.I'd choose the diverse theme villains of Agents over generic doomsday villain Ogel and his army of mindless mooks any day,