• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Office Inspections

In the Office Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline tent163phantoka

tent163phantoka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 927 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 05:01 PM

Story Please leave your reviews here. I hope you enjoy. Character Bios are on the first page.

#2 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,287 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 07:28 AM

tent163phantoka, do you mind if I give you a suggestion? :)You seem to be very good at coming up with characters and settings. These characters and settings are good. They are interesting and intriguing. But what happens? See, that's the issue here. As a reader, I don't care as much about the characters until something happens. Why should I care about the characters? Why should I care about where they are? Don't tell me the answers to these questions. Write them down. And then, think about how you can show me that.For example, why should I care about Le-Kirop? Do they provide food for the Matoran? Are they going out of business? Are their plants being eaten by biomechnical jaguars? :) Don't tell me the answers, write them down. Why should I care about Turaga Lewa? Is he going to die? Is he being taken advantage of by those under him? What are they doing to him? Don't tell me the answers, write them down. How much does Turaga Lewa know about all this? You've implied he's senile. How much do the other workers know about this? What are they going to do when they find out?Write it down. To have a story, you have to have characters, setting, and a conflict. You have all three. Put it together and write a scene out. I know you can do this. It's just...I've noticed the same problem in the Comedies forum with you. You wrote out an outline and never got to the first chapter. If you really do have a first chapter, I encourage you to post it. Even if it isn't the best, we will be able to comment on it and help you and help you improve. And if you're worried about the introduction and the characters not being very good, I can assure you that they are. You have the makings of a good story here, but you need to write it. Write it!

#3 Offline Sybre the Mental

Sybre the Mental
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 06:27 PM

Dude, I don't see a story here. I like the characters, but it's part 1 I'm looking for.

Edited by The Taker, Jan 24 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users