All the way from the Epics forum, here's Kadrus! A Vortixx from When The Month Ends, Kadrus is a shopkeeper on Xia that ends up helping the mysterious Amuran and his friends on a mission to save the Matoran Universe.Kadrus' backstory has not yet been given in-story, so I won't reveal too much here. He's not like other Vortixx, in the sense that he is less concerned with profit and coming out on top, and is a bit more selfless, a trait which has gotten him into disputes with the other members of his species. They keep him around, however, due to his skill as both a trader and a weapon-smith. He mainly uses a hammer and a set of small knives when working, but in the case of battle, he has been known to attach a set of talons to his gauntlets for use as a weapon. He also doesn't like being asked about the incorrect colors of his armor (blue with red highlights, where all other Vortixx are supposed to wear mainly black with grey highlights).You can read the story later, but now, on to the MOC itself. I based his design mostly on that of Roodaka, making changes such as larger shoulders and shorter legs. 1thumb.jpg^Click for gallery^PoseFront (With Roodaka)BackCompare to ~The 1st Shadow~Have at it, guys!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Great job on the torso and the colors. I especially like how the feet look like they're clawed without any actual clawed feet pieces. My only complaint is that the back just seems very empty but other than that, great job on this!
Thanks! I wanted to do something outside the usual black-and-silver of most Vortixx, and I liked the idea of red and blue. The feet were hard to come up with. Since he's a Vortixx, I wanted him to at least somewhat resemble Roodaka, but the high-heels simply would not do for a male character. So I settled on something vaguely reminiscent or Icarax's feet.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Interesting. Looks to me like it could pass for an official semi-titan set, so props there. Simplicity is good for the most part, although I feel like the limbs could be spruced up a little to match the torso's level of complexity.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Interesting. Looks to me like it could pass for an official semi-titan set, so props there. Simplicity is good for the most part, although I feel like the limbs could be spruced up a little to match the torso's level of complexity.
Thanks! That's mostly what I was going for. The arms I'm fine with as they are, but the legs may need a bit of an upgrade, I think. I'll probably try to revamp them later, to see if I can make them a little longer.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~