• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest

Ambage Flash Fiction Contest Fortnightly COT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 15 2012 - 01:21 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]The Ambage-hosted Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Welcome, one and all, to the Ambage-hosted Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest! Be sure to read all of the Contest Rules and Important Information. With the success of the Flash Fiction Marathon, as well as the want of added perks for Ambage members, we bring you the Fortnightly Flash Fiction Contest. These contests are hosted by the Ambage hosts.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Contest Rules and Important Information[/font]

[*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]There will be a new contest every other week. The contests will alternate between Bionicle and COT.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Each contest will last two weeks. The first week will be the entry period, the second week will be the judging period.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Every COT contest will take place in this topic. Instead of creating a million topics, as this will be a recurring contest once a month (with a two-week Bionicle contest in between), I will be updating this post with the current contest and make a post announcing the new contest each time. Remember, these will be once a month, so keep checking back (and participate in the Bionicle ones, too!).[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Each entry should be between 400-800 words. This is flash fiction. The absolute maximum word count is 1000 words, there is no absolute minimum.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Each contest will have a new theme. Keep checking back for the new contest's theme.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]COT entries are not allowed to be Bionicle. That's what the Bionicle themes are for. And vice versa. Save your COT stories for the COT contests.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]For each theme, contestants will have one week to enter. The next week will comprise of judging. The next two weeks after that will be a Bionicle contest. Then another COT contest and so forth.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Entries will be judged. All contests will have at least two judges. Judges will not enter.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]You must post your stories in a topic. Unlike the Flash Fiction Marathon, you cannot just post your entries in this topic. Please make a topic for your stories.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]All entries must adhere to BZPower's rules and guidelines. There shouldn't be any problem here.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Your story must be new and never before posted on BZP. You can certainly have been working on your entry before this, but it must be posted on BZP onlyafter the start of the contest for it to be eligible. The exception is if you are a member of the Ambage and were given the theme before hand.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Keep it PG-13-ish appropriate. So no gory descriptions, excessive violence, inappropriate content, et cetera.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]You cannot edit your entry once the entry period has closed. Editing will be allowed until then. If editing is done after the deadline, your entry will be disqualified.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]This contest is open to all BZP members. However, there are perks to being an Ambage member. See the Prizes section.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]There will be prizes for each contest. Read the Prizes section for more.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Each contestant is allowed THREE entries for each theme. You may of course write more, but only three flash fiction stories can be entered into the contest.[/font][/list]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------How To Enter:[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]There will be two main topics, one for COT (this topic), and one for Bionicle; make sure you post your entry in the right topic. If you are entering a Bionicle theme, post in the Bionicle topic.To enter, please use this form:Member Name: [your name goes here]Theme: [include what theme you are entering]Word Count: [insert the word count of your story here]Link to Story and Title: [provide a link to your story with the title as name][/font] 

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Current Theme:[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #4:[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Posted Image[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Christmas[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the December Writing Prompt (to get more achievements): "She had hair like a raven's wings--and a beak to match."[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Themes Archive:[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #1[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #2[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #3[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Prizes[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]The winner of each contest will receive the following:[/font]

[*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]A custom member title for a month, stating "Bionicle/COT Writer of the Month" courtesy of Hahli Husky[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]A spotlight on the front page of BZPower at the end of the month, along with the Bionicle contest winner.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]For Ambage members only: A review by an Ambage judge.[/font][*][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]For Ambage members only: A spotlight in the Ambage topic.[/font][/list]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Feel free to post any questions here.Your hosts,[color=#4169E1;]Velox[/color][color=#FFA500;]55555[/color][color=#FFA500;]Tolkien[/color][color=#000000;]Nuile[/color][/font]

Edited by Velox, Dec 24 2012 - 01:22 AM.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

winter.jpg

#2 Offline Sir Voltex the Blue

Sir Voltex the Blue
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,369 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 15 2012 - 02:19 PM

I think it'll be easy enough to edit/re-work my story for this... I'll enter!Time to star re-writing!-ibrow

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

^Click to read!^

INTERLUDE

A heist in BZ-Koro goes precisely as scheduled.

#3 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,688 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2012 - 06:44 PM

I may have been opposed to the allowance of multiple entries, but not so starkly that I won't avail myself of it. Besides, it makes the contests more unique; not to mention more fun.Member Name: Nuile: Lunatic WordsmithTheme: "Pathfinding"Word Count: 921 (epigraph included)Link to Story and Title: That Extra MileMember Name: Nuile: Lunatic WordsmithTheme: "Pathfinding"Word Count: 868Link to Story and Title: Rugged Explorers

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by My Name is Nuile, Oct 16 2012 - 06:46 PM.

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

#4 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 12:17 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #1: Pathfinding[/font]Posted ImageDeadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, October 22nd.Any interpretation of the theme is valid (it does not need to be a literal path, or literal finding -- up to you), but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the October Writing Prompt (to get more achievements): Nighthawks, by Edward Hopper

Edited by Velox, Dec 23 2012 - 01:01 AM.

winter.jpg

#5 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,688 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 06:43 PM

I think the writers of BZPower are scared to face me. ;)Come on, guys; all you need is 400 words, or even less. Be creative and let your imagination find your path!

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

#6 Offline Danska: Shadow Master

Danska: Shadow Master
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,823 posts

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 07:32 PM

So I finally managed to finish my entry. Well, it would be more accurate to say that I finally managed to start my entry. The finishing merely proceeded from that. Either way, one week of little to no inspiration and a rushed afternoon's writing later, I have a story! With words and everything! It's even loosely inspired by real events! What more could anyone want?Member Name: Danska: Shadow MasterTheme: PathfindingWord Count: 922Link to Story and Title: A Jaunt in the Woods

#7 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2012 - 09:26 PM

Name: ZaraynaTheme: PathfindingWord Count: 1,000 words.We Wanted Those Infidels Dead!

#8 Online Yolanda Squarble Fried #1

Yolanda Squarble Fried #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,825 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 07:04 PM

Member Name: Delicious Chocolate Milk (Eyru)Theme: PathfindingWord Count: 427Beyond the Constellations

<3

#9 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,562 posts

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 08:27 PM

Name: AderiaTheme: PathfindingWord Count: 914Story: Someone's Waiting For You

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#10 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 2,880 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 09:26 PM

Name: Emissary to the VoidTheme: PathfindingWord Count: 992 (excluding title)Story: Julia's Diner

#11 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,794 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 09:32 PM

Member Name: dotcomTheme: PathfindingWord Count: 997Story: The Wrong Path

storengusu_-_copy.jpg

#12 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 1,748 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 23 2012 - 01:25 AM

Member name: KakaruTheme: PathfindingWordcount: 964Story: Accomplishment

Edited by Kakaru, Oct 23 2012 - 01:26 AM.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達

#13 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 01:04 AM

Congratulations to Kakaru and his short story Accomplishment, the winner of "Pathfinding"! Honorable mention: Someone's Waiting for You by Aderia.Thank you again, all, for entering! Posted Image

Edited by Velox, Oct 30 2012 - 01:05 AM.

winter.jpg

#14 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,701 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 11:20 PM

So, what'll our next category be?

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Dreife of the Nine Gold Blades

#15 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 03:38 AM

Theme #2:

Posted Image

Gravestone

Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, November 19th.

Any interpretation of the theme is valid (it does not need to be a gravestone, or a single gravestone, etc. -- up to you), but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the November Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):

"The wind died suddenly, as if ashamed of its late ferocity and the damage it had wrought."

winter.jpg

#16 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 09:49 PM

:kaukau: Member Name: Jean ValjeanTheme: GravestoneWord Count: 999Story: Old School

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#17 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 06:01 PM

[11/18/2012 10:25:03 PM] Zarayna: My latest story is about someone getting killed[11/18/2012 10:25:06 PM] Zarayna: can that count?[11/18/2012 10:25:12 PM] Andrew P: And sure

On that note...Member Name: Zarayna.Theme: Gravestone.Word Count: 635.Story: The Refugee.

#18 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 12:01 AM

:kaukau: Member Name: Jean Valjean (Emperor Kraggh)Theme: GravestoneWord Count: 1,000Story: The Son Becomes the Father

Edited by Jean Valjean, Nov 20 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

Profiles

#19 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'm extending the deadline of this contest until Wednesday, November 21th, at 11:59 PM PST.Posted Image

Edited by Velox, Nov 20 2012 - 11:04 AM.

winter.jpg

#20 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 01:02 AM

:kaukau: Really? I'm a little disappointed, but then I suppose it isn't quite fair that I should have three out of four of all the stories entered. Anyway, I wrote my third SS, although I'm not sure if I want to officialy submit it, since I might write another one completely focused on that last scene and do another interpretation. I wish luck and inspiration to all those who participate in the enxt two days.

Posted Image

Profiles

#21 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 09:15 AM

Velox, the 19th was Monday. :P

#22 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 11:05 AM

Sigh. I was tired, okay? =PPosted Image

winter.jpg

#23 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 01:53 PM

:kaukau: Member Name: Jean Valjean (Emperor Kraggh)Theme: TombstoneWord Count: 1000Story: A Tomstone Story

Posted Image

Profiles

#24 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 06:38 PM

Member Name: VeloxTheme: GravestoneWord Count: 817Link to Story and Title: GuiltWith the lack of entries, figured I'd go ahead and enter an old Write-Off entry. Still a few hours left to enter!Posted Image

Edited by Velox, Nov 21 2012 - 06:39 PM.

winter.jpg

#25 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 09:16 PM

Congratulations to Emperor Kraggh and his short story The Son Becomes the Father, the winner of "Gravestone"! Honorable mentions: The Refugee, by Zarayna; Guilt, by Velox; and Old School, by Kraggh. Posted Image

Edited by Velox, Nov 28 2012 - 09:51 PM.

winter.jpg

#26 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 10 2012 - 02:50 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #3:[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Settlement[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, December 17th.[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the December Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]"She had hair like a raven's wings--and a beak to match."[/font]

winter.jpg

#27 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,701 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 15 2012 - 09:53 PM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Alright, here they are! Good luck, everyone.[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Member Name: [/color][/font][color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Chro[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Theme: [/color][/font][color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Settlement[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Word Count: [/color][/font][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#000080;]291[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Entry:[/color][color=#0000ff;] [/color][color=#0000ff;]Settlers of Disaster[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Member Name: [/color][/font][color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Chro[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Theme: [/color][/font][color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Settlement[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Word Count: [/color][/font][color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]816[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Entry: [/color][/font][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#0000ff;]And Are We Only Human[/color][/font]

Edited by Chro, Dec 16 2012 - 12:54 PM.

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Dreife of the Nine Gold Blades

#28 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 11:34 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Member Name: Alex Humva[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Theme: Settlement[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Word Count: 495[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Entry: Newfound Land[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Hmm, if only me and Chro enter, than means one of us is guaranteed second place. :P[/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#29 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 10:53 PM

*pant* *pant* Last minute entry! :)

Okay, didn't realize the story would come out with double-spacing... Or triple-spacing, whatever it should be called.

Sorry to disappoint, Alex. lol

Member Name: TahuNuvaFan

Theme: Settlement

Word Count: 873

Entry: Dancing With Shadows

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#30 Offline Tolkien

Tolkien
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Linguistic Wordsmith

• 1,142 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 02:26 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Member Name: Tolkien[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme: Settlement[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Word Count: 997[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Link:  Beyond the Ridge of Tears[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]JRRT[/font]

#31 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 05:43 PM

:kaukau: [color=#0000ff;]Member Name: Jean Valjean[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]Theme: Settlement[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]Word Count: 1,000[/color]

[color=#0000ff;]Entry: [/color][color=#0000ff;]Settling for More[/color]

Posted Image

Profiles

#32 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 08:43 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Congratulations to Tolkien and his short story Beyond the Ridge of Tears, the winner of "Settlement"! [/font]Honorable Mention: And Are We Only Human by Chro.

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Also announcing the next contest![/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Theme #4:[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Christmas[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the December Writing Prompt (to get more achievements): "She had hair like a raven's wings--and a beak to match."[/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, December 31st.[/font]

winter.jpg

#33 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,562 posts

Posted Dec 30 2012 - 10:33 PM

Name - Aderia

Theme - Christmas

Word Count - Classified

Entry - Holiday Cheer

=)

Edited by Aderia, Dec 31 2012 - 11:58 AM.

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#34 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2012 - 06:17 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]So there's this.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Member Name: Alex HumvaTheme: ChristmasWord Count: <1000Link to Story and Title: Somewhere[/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#35 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 31 2012 - 06:51 PM

Member Name: Peach 00

Theme: Christmas

Word Count: 988 words

Link to Story and Title: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=8211]Winter Years[/url]

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#36 Online Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 02 2013 - 12:36 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]Well, the deadline was just yesterday, but thanks to the awesome speed of Tolkien and 55555, we've got our results already -- and for the first time in contest history, the judges have agreed completely on the order, without need of a tie-breaker. So, without further ado...[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]First Place: "Holiday Cheer", by Aderia[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]With Peach's "Winter Years" and Alex Humva's "Somewhere" coming in second and third place, respectively. [/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]Congratulations to Aderia and the honorable mentions!! Thanks for entering, guys. =] We will most-likely be having a Bionicle contest next, starting next Monday, but I'll have to talk to HH first to make sure the Ninjago contest is wrapped up. Seeya then! We'll be back for a COT contest after that. [/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]Posted Image[/color][/font]

winter.jpg

#37 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,688 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 08:06 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Theme #5: [/color]

Posted Image

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Branching Out[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Deadline: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, March 11th.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);][font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]Any interpretation of the theme is valid, but your entry must be a COT story and it must adhere to the rules posted above. Also, if you are an Ambage member, keep in mind the March Writing Prompt (to get more achievements):"A faint glimmer . . ."[/color][/font]

Edited by Nuile: The Wiseguy, Mar 04 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#38 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 08:40 PM

Seems easy enough.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#39 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,704 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:30 PM

Wow, don't everyone rush to enter all at once.

Member Name: Baltarc

Theme: Branching Out

Word Count: 498

Story: City

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#40 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

• Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,688 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 10:28 PM

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Member name: NuileTheme: Branching OutWord Count: 642[/color][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Climbing the Tree of Life[/color]

[color=rgb(0,128,0);]Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:[/color]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users