Prototypes

Axilus Prime

TN....Axilus, please tell me he still likes pie and bacon?
Nope.This is a much more serious comic than his previous series, I'm pretty sure pie and bacon do not even exist in this new universe.Anyways Axilus, nice fight scene. Or er, chase scene. No actually, well, you know what I mean.i find Tehurye's ability to create vacuums very interesting and sorta original. It certainly made for an interesting battle. Though he wields a Sniper Rifle, correct? If so, how could he launch bullets at Axilus like a machine gun? Unless they were two different weapons?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

TN....Axilus, please tell me he still likes pie and bacon?
Nope.This is a much more serious comic than his previous series, I'm pretty sure pie and bacon do not even exist in this new universe.
A universe where pie and bacon do no exist is truely chaotic.......oh well..........any way TN.......errrrr Axilus this definetly interesting, but I feel that due to where the story began there may need to some fillers.........

JiMing is correct, TPH. He does not like pie and bacon, nor do they exist in this universe. It's just not Bionicle and wouldn't fit here.Thanks! It was kind meant to be both, starting with a chase then becoming a full-blown fight.You should give Tehurye credit for that, it was his idea.It wasn't a sniper rifle, which is why he rarely uses the scope. It can be used as one, provided the range isn't too great, but it's an automatic rifle. (Which is pretty much what everyone has, come to think of it. Except the Templums, who do, in fact, shoot plasma bolts.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Now, I don't usually respond to comic topics, but ever since I got assigned to this forum, I've read a number of them. In fact, I read over every new comic to make sure that it doesn't break any of BZP's rules.With your comics, I'm concerned that you might be losing readership - or, at the least, not accruing fans at the same rate as other comics. The problem is in the .bmp format you use. Bitmaps are terrible - they are of the same quality as other formats, but bloat the file size to extreme proportions. It took 37 seconds for the comic to load on my above-average-speed computer. On slower machines, your comics could take upwards of two minutes. There comes a point where potential fans get turned off because the file won't load. If your comics were converted into another file format, you will not turn off these potential fans.The file size of your latest comic is 11.5 megabytes. The highest-quality .jpg of the same comic is 3.8 megabytes, and a .png is 5.1 MB. Converting them into .gifs would not be too much of a loss in quality (really, the only thing it effects are the shadows around the characters), and a .gif of your latest comic is 1.2 MB - a decrease in 90% from the bitmap. It's your choice, really - but I wouldn't stick with the bitmaps.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Star Fox Arwings? How many video game things will you add? :PAnyways, I'm just a tad confused. How could Tehuyre create a vacuum around the exact spot where the pilot's head was located when he couldn't see it? Other than that, it was full of epicosity.And there's good ol' Sybre. As a Vakhi. Vybre? Meh, whatever.

Star Fox Arwings? How many video game things will you add? :PAnd there's good ol' Sybre. As a Vakhi. Vybre? Meh, whatever.
Yeah, I noticed. But let's just let Axilus have his fun.Yep. Evil, though. And I guess you could say that. But it won't be just the Vahki...

mindeth the cobwebs

Oh YAY! :biggrin:Must... read...EDIT (after reading): So many funny things, I don't even know what to say about them all. :biggrin: Best comic yet. :)Wort Wort Wort! :P
Thanks! I personally thought the comics did need a bit of the aforementioned "scarce humor" in an unintrusive manner.
Now, I don't usually respond to comic topics, but ever since I got assigned to this forum, I've read a number of them. In fact, I read over every new comic to make sure that it doesn't break any of BZP's rules.With your comics, I'm concerned that you might be losing readership - or, at the least, not accruing fans at the same rate as other comics. The problem is in the .bmp format you use. Bitmaps are terrible - they are of the same quality as other formats, but bloat the file size to extreme proportions. It took 37 seconds for the comic to load on my above-average-speed computer. On slower machines, your comics could take upwards of two minutes. There comes a point where potential fans get turned off because the file won't load. If your comics were converted into another file format, you will not turn off these potential fans.The file size of your latest comic is 11.5 megabytes. The highest-quality .jpg of the same comic is 3.8 megabytes, and a .png is 5.1 MB. Converting them into .gifs would not be too much of a loss in quality (really, the only thing it effects are the shadows around the characters), and a .gif of your latest comic is 1.2 MB - a decrease in 90% from the bitmap. It's your choice, really - but I wouldn't stick with the bitmaps.
All right, I'll change to PNG format. It's just that the default is BMP, so I just ran with it.
First Halo, now Star Fox? :PI had a feeling the mask was a mind control device. Can't wait for the next comic!
Star Fox? Actually, I just googled "spaceship sprites" and came up with that. Never heard of Star Fox until just now.
It's good that you two made up and worked together to kill a pilot!And I saw that Vahki in the last panel. :)
Heheh. Yep, first appearance!
Sweet! An Arwing... and wort, wort? Also, I never knew Vahki could run ships. Shouldn't they be enforcing the law in Metru Nui? Just kidding :P.
As the Templars are Halo-based, I threw in the Elites' most common Halo 1 line: "Wort Wort Wort!"
Star Fox Arwings? How many video game things will you add? :PAnyways, I'm just a tad confused. How could Tehuyre create a vacuum around the exact spot where the pilot's head was located when he couldn't see it? Other than that, it was full of epicosity.And there's good ol' Sybre. As a Vakhi. Vybre? Meh, whatever.
Most likely more Halo-based troops (No Flood, don't worry.)He just guessed, really. The cockpit is slightly cramped, so it wasn't too hard. (Or maybe just creative license, your choice. XD)Yep. I'm surprised no one noticed what his personal chamber looked like.Thanks, everyone! Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Episode 5: CrashingThe epic finale to Part 1 is now up! Huge battles...on a ship!Sorry if it's a bit too long, but then again that makes it worth the wait. Don't worry, the next few comics won't be this overwhelmingly long.I am proud to now fully introduce Sybre, and to add Zyke to the mix! Tell me what you guys think of your character portrayals!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Terrific! Another epic fight sequence (actually, more than one), a dude Skakdi with epic shades and a minigun, and a Hunter-look alike... :biggrin:And a cliffhanger ending. :biggrin:
Thanks! See if you can figure out the reason they're all bewildered, it's right there in the visuals.
Awesome fight scenes! Better than what I can make. And Sybre isn't dead, right? If so, I have a cover story. And I have a plan for him.
Thanks, the fights took a while to make! He's not dead, don't worry. He just has a bullet hole in his eye (which he will be keeping forever because it's cool) and got thrown into a dark tunnel because Axilus wasn't strong enough to kill him.
Awesome! The fight scenes were great, and I like how you characterized Zyke.
Thanks. Enjoy the heavy weapons, they're gonna be used a lot. (To the great bewilderment of anyone wondering how he fits those in his back. Subspace, anyone?)
The fight scenes look really good. Also, Zyke looks like he'll be n interesting character.
Thanks. (Wow, I say that a lot...)Definitely not the usual hero you'll find around...and that's saying something in this place, seeing as the main character literally rips off heads on a regular basis. (Awesome.)
This reminds me so much of TM13's comics.And I really really liked his comics. :)(that's a compliment btw, if you didn't catch that)
If you could link me to that, that would be great. Thanks!

Oh, and an announcement.

I decided to start accepting fan comics. These are non-canon unless I say so, and may be made in simple MSPaint because of this. They're meant to give examples of the kind of thing you'd like to see, or character demonstrations.

All Fan Comics are to be displayed proudly in linky blue text on the front page unless I forget. It would be especially helpful to see what each PGS thinks of those around them.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Calling all fans with time on their hands!In order to make Part 2 quickly, I will need loads and loads of different-looking background characters. Ideally, each of you could send me 3 custom Trishade Matoran sheets. For those of you with loads of time, a contest. Make a unique-looking Matoran, be it Voyatoran, Mahritoran, Kardatoran, any head, any weapons, any colors. (Though it has to be a good guy.)Whoever makes the best Matoran will get to see said Matoran kill an evil soldier (any type, be it Templum, Templar, or Guardian, winner's choice) from behind or by jumping on its head. ...yeah, I'm being lazy, you got me. But think about it, it'll speed up comic making.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Thanks! These are definitely good!Nice weapons you put in there, you seem very good at the custom weapon spriting. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a use for that one in the Zyke sheet, on account of him having large heavy guns just because it fits him and I felt like it.But it'll make an appearance when he needs to do close combat.How's that fan comic coming along?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Episode 7: Pain is now up! Due to my promises to certain PGSes, I had to make this comic encompass a few things, and so it is the longest yet.Don't worry. Next one will be the normal length, I think. Definitely not longer than this one.
Oh Boy! Oh Boy!AFTER READING: Sweeeeet.... :PShockwave is pretty karzing cool.I like the backgrounds...All the Matoran eyes at the end.... :P

Ah, every single Prototypes comic is always worth the wait. This one, in particular.Now, that was a good, long fight scene. It was pretty funny how you and Zyke ganged up on Scythe and whoever was behind him would hit him and Scythe would turn around and take care of him and the process would repeat! :DAnd on to the two Sybres. SybreX was one reason why I was waiting for this comic. I never noticed he looked like he was from the Matrix with that visor... Curse that Scythe! I had the Vahki at the tip of my weapon! I'll get him next time.There can only be one Ultimate Sybre, and that is SybreX.So, is he gonna appear every once in a while, like an anime antihero?

mindeth the cobwebs

Well, that was a good, long fight scene. The results are pretty brutal though, what with Vybre (Vahki Sybre) ripping off Axilus's arm. Luckily, SybreX comes to save the day! And make a threat to kill the others. :PNow I know what you meant by changing Scythe's eye pattern in your Profile Feed... But am I the only one who noticed them? And I didn't think he would be a cyclops. I thought that was a visor.And those eyes at the end... Tehuyre, Zyke, Axilus, everyone is there-but wait! What are those other green eyes right next to them???!!! Oh the suspense!