Prototypes

Axilus Prime

Ah, every single Prototypes comic is always worth the wait. This one, in particular.Now, that was a good, long fight scene. It was pretty funny how you and Zyke ganged up on Scythe and whoever was behind him would hit him and Scythe would turn around and take care of him and the process would repeat! :DAnd on to the two Sybres. SybreX was one reason why I was waiting for this comic. I never noticed he looked like he was from the Matrix with that visor... Curse that Scythe! I had the Vahki at the tip of my weapon! I'll get him next time.There can only be one Ultimate Sybre, and that is SybreX.So, is he gonna appear every once in a while, like an anime antihero?
Thanks!Yup. When in doubt...whack his back. A lesson learned, believe it or not, from playing Halo.True. I intend to have Sybre have to explain that when they answer to Vadamus.Definitely a SybreX win. No way Vybre would have lived without Scythe coming in and using the exact same tactic that beat him up.Yes, he will, like we discussed in PM. In the overall (all parts, not Part 2's) finale, though, he's gonna need to properly meet the team, just once.
Nice. That fight scene was pretty epic (as they always are) and the SybreX looks like an interesting character.Also, I can't help but notice that Zyke looks sort of...gap-toothed. I think the white in his teeth got cut out.
Thanks. SybreX was entirely Sybre's idea. Really spices things up, you should thank him.I realized that when I saw it, but then I remembered something. A certain Bionicle book described Skakdi as "with dirty teeth" and so I just left it as it was.
Well, that was a good, long fight scene. The results are pretty brutal though, what with Vybre (Vahki Sybre) ripping off Axilus's arm. Luckily, SybreX comes to save the day! And make a threat to kill the others. :PNow I know what you meant by changing Scythe's eye pattern in your Profile Feed... But am I the only one who noticed them? And I didn't think he would be a cyclops. I thought that was a visor.And those eyes at the end... Tehuyre, Zyke, Axilus, everyone is there-but wait! What are those other green eyes right next to them??? !!! Oh the suspense!
Thanks! Yep. They can only go on for so long without rest until they begin to falter.Oh, <shockwave> requested that he be a cyclops. But I can see why you would think that, come to think of it...First one to notice that...and probably the only one who actually knows what it is. XD(And any PGS to spam him asking what it is will be brutally murdered at some point in the comic, so don't even try.) Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Thanks!You mean Scythe is cool. XDGlad to see you liked them, they were Karz to find and delayed the comic by a day just by themselves.Oh no, those are the eyes of the group. Notice how one is wearing shades, one is two-colored, and one is way above the others in height? Zyke, Tehurye, Axilus.
I keep getting them mixed up. :P Who is Scythe, and who is Shockwave?Oh. Oh...Duh. Silly me. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I need fan assistance again! No, not more generics, rather, a background. JiMing, this is particularly important for you, as you own the place.

I need a sort of camp area, something that looks like it'd be at the end of this tunnel, is underground, yet has bits of tech around. Maybe a laptop, wires scattered a bit, a table with little gadgets and stuff lying around half-built, that kind of thing. (Not all the listed things are needed, that's just a general tone.)

It appears in the next comic.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

If I show up I demand to survive and also to kick some major butt with my martial arts, weapons, and fire abilities.Thank you and goodnight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, you never signed up. So if you want to, PM me.

I guess that reveals two new PGSs. Neat! I look forward to seeing them in action (almost as much as me :P)!

Also, sorry with the backgrounds. I tried to help but I couldn't find a thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your first appearance lacks a fight scene, and doesn't expose much, but as you'll see it gives you a large role.

And I found a way to introduce the next PGS with you. I guess I'll update the list now.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

If I show up I demand to survive and also to kick some major butt with my martial arts, weapons, and fire abilities.Thank you and goodnight.

Actually, you never signed up. So if you want to, PM me.

WAIT! We can sign up for next wave of PGSs before the first is introduce......hurries to make sprite sheet.

Finally!

Episode 8: Debriefing is now up!

Now there's something of a characters sheet. (That's not all there is to the comic, don't worry.)

Nice, Nice!

A terrific description of the Templar forces. And nice accuracy with the weapon designations, too.

Except that the Templums are holding Plasma Rifles, not Plasma Pistols.

Interestingly enough, I have a bit of a memory problem in real life, so what Tehurye said was about exactly what I would have said if I was in that situation. :P

I really like the whole underground resistance concept...

Finally!

Episode 8: Debriefing is now up!

Now there's something of a characters sheet. (That's not all there is to the comic, don't worry.)

Nice, Nice!

A terrific description of the Templar forces. And nice accuracy with the weapon designations, too.

Except that the Templums are holding Plasma Rifles, not Plasma Pistols.

Interestingly enough, I have a bit of a memory problem in real life, so what Tehurye said was about exactly what I would have said if I was in that situation. :P

I really like the whole underground resistance concept...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Yeah, but they're badly sprited, and colored green lights rather than blue, so next to Sybre's Plasma Rifle I could pass them off as Pistols.

Oh wow. Still, that actually ties in to something planned for either next comic or the comic after it.

Same here. I love how all the PGS signups seem to actually fill a role I needed to begin with!

(Except for two new ones not yet on the list, which are confusing me.)

I was wondering when JiMing would show up! Info on enemy troops was just what the doctor ordered! And it's great that you got your arm fixed.Remember, the dead Sybre that SybreX replaced was the Ultimate Dimension Sybre.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! I guess that clears up all the confusion.

Yup, but Vybre barely knows what he's talking about.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hooray, I finally appear! As Jalicax, anyways. :P

I really like how this comic was done. It shows a lot about the underground resistance thing I'm leading. It also shows what's going to happen next, with the good guys going to liberate more matoran and capture a Templum, and how Vadamus is going to try and stop them. I really want to see what happens next, especially to see how I fight!

You did a great job man, remember, you're skilled in things besides just making fight scenes, like this comic shows.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Yup. It's mostly a setup comic, so I threw in cool effects, humorous scene changes, and detailed intros/backstories to keep it interesting.

And you will definitely get to fight, and do cool things in the process!

Thanks. Though next comic is going to have some of the most difficult fight scenes ever. A lot of experimental special effects, a lot of combatants, a lot of plot to cover. Yeah, this one's gonna be split into two comics.

But regardless of all that, I need six generics, please! Any PGS willing to give some support, please do so! Trishade only, but any body type works. (Standard, Metru, Voyatoran, Mahritoran, Avotoran, but it must be trishade.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a long, long time. No comics for weeks! I had to resort to spamming the topic! Not literally, staff, please don't delete that filler! :P

I know it's ridiculously long. Longest comic to date! To top it all off, the battle is only halfway over at most! I guess that's what I get for having this many characters! But the story wouldn't work without each and every one of you. All ten of you PGSes in one way or another not only joined, but completed the plot. (Even those who have not appeared, because you have important roles!)

[/longspeech]

So, without further ado,

Episode 9: Assault is now up!

I know it's massive, but please take the time to read it and pay enough attention to the visuals to know what's going on. It's no fun skimming this kind of thing! (Not accusing anyone of skimming!)

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, it's been a long, long time. No comics for weeks! I had to resort to spamming the topic! Not literally, staff, please don't delete that filler! :P

I know it's ridiculously long. Longest comic to date! To top it all off, the battle is only halfway over at most! I guess that's what I get for having this many characters! But the story wouldn't work without each and every one of you. All ten of you PGSes in one way or another not only joined, but completed the plot. (Even those who have not appeared, because you have important roles!)

[/longspeech]

So, without further ado,

Episode 9: Assault is now up!

I know it's massive, but please take the time to read it and pay enough attention to the visuals to know what's going on. It's no fun skimming this kind of thing! (Not accusing anyone of skimming!)

Great! Yeah, my mouth dropped open when I saw the length. No wonder it took you so long!

EDIT (while reading):

HAHAHA! :P Ah, that was good. "Ro-bugah!" Funny.

First panel, I see all of our generics...

And Zyke's got a flamethrower now. :P Nice...

"That still only counts as one!" :P

Ah, that fight between Jalicax and the Ghost was great. :D

Why are the Templars using shovels? :P

All our generics up close now... That green monster-thing is epic!

Another great comics, Axilus. :) Thanks. Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by Tehurye

Lol. The length actually shocked me too. It looked much shorter in Paint... (Since I don't know how to use GIMP for this, I simply make a panel in GIMP, and then save it in Paint.)

Ro-bugah! Yep, one of my favorite Halo 1 Elite lines! Used even more than Wort Wort Wort in-game.

Yup. The first panel was by far the hardest. I spent a whole day making that, due to all those characters and stuff.

Flamethrowers! Now with high-pressure edition for extremely clumsy flight!

Killing contest! Heheh. Happens between me and my little brother every time we do Co-Op campaign. (And probably would happen on Firefight.)

Thanks! Finding something to stuff the inside of the Ghost with was hard. I actually used a few rocks, Pattern Fill, fire, and a shot of Demolishor smashing a bridge in Transformers 2. Plus the wires, clumsily made with GIMP's Paintbrush!

Some of them in the aerial view (first panel) were unarmed, so they took a cue from the last battle, in which a Templar had a shovel stabbed into his thigh as a distraction. They stole the shovels for makeshift weaponry. (In the hands of super strong wielders, like all the main characters of the comic, shovels are rather deadly.)

Plus I thought it would be funny without ruining the tone or the plot.

That green monster is Kalarezka, Loganto's PGS form. Thank him for that, I just tweaked it a bit!

Thanks!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Killing contest: Happens between me and my older brother, when we play Co-op Descent. I see how many times I can kill him. :P

Joking, actually, I just betray him occasionally. Normally, we just compete for robot kill scores. (The enemies in Descent are all robots.)

You stuffed all that in the Ghost? :P And, question: Why is a Medic Templum on that Ghost?

Oh, I see... I noticed that some of them had no weapons at first. They seemed to be doing just fine at being rough on the slaves, though... meeeeaaan.

Kalarezka: Oh, so that's where Leganto comes in! Yikes... now I have to face that guy! :( :P

Dat length. It be good. Now that was an awesome fight! I was surprised when Phoenix was cut in half. I was actually relieved when he was instantly healed.

Even I'm curious as to where SybreX is. And it is surprising how huge Vahki Sybre is.

mindeth the cobwebs

Killing contest: Happens between me and my older brother, when we play Co-op Descent. I see how many times I can kill him. :P

Joking, actually, I just betray him occasionally. Normally, we just compete for robot kill scores. (The enemies in Descent are all robots.)

You stuffed all that in the Ghost? :P And, question: Why is a Medic Templum on that Ghost?

Oh, I see... I noticed that some of them had no weapons at first. They seemed to be doing just fine at being rough on the slaves, though... meeeeaaan.

Kalarezka: Oh, so that's where Leganto comes in! Yikes... now I have to face that guy! :( :P

Yeah, that's what happens between me and my little brother too. Except he always lies about his score and gets mad when I beat him, then teamkills me for power weapons. So I teamkill him back in more humorous ways (stuff a grenade into his Warthog, splatter him by backing up when he wants to use the gunner seat, board vehicles he wanted and then splatter him, fire on him with a Fuel Rod Cannon when he charges with an Energy Sword at me), and he stops for a while.

Yeah, I had to make it look like a mechanical mess...on fire...being ripped apart. XD

The Medic is unarmed, and lacks combat training, so he's compensating.

No weapons needed when you're a titan keeping Matoran in line.

Had to give everyone a good bossfight! :)

Dat length. It be good. Now that was an awesome fight! I was surprised when Phoenix was cut in half. I was actually relieved when he was instantly healed.

Even I'm curious as to where SybreX is. And it is surprising how huge Vahki Sybre is.

Oh good, I was worried the length would irritate some people.

Regeneration is the reason why he could be so careless and shove the disintegration spike grenade into the foot. Awesome power.

PM me if you want more info, so we can plan your PGS appearances better. Yeah, I upsized him because villains shorter than the heroes would look really...well, not threatening. I also upsize Vadamus by 115% after putting him and other characters near each other, so that he is bigger than Axilus. (I don't mind having villains taller than him, because his power and authority are obvious, but if Axilus is taller than him it looks screwy.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Oh man, this comic is amazing. The length actually works in the comic's favor, since any shorter, and it would've felt.... Somewhat incomplete.

Yes! I get to see my character fighting! AND HE'S AWESOME! HE TOOK DOWN A VEHICLE BY HIMSELF! I also love how cocky he is around Scythe, though he DOES have backup.... Hm.

Also, do you remember what Jalicax's zamor spheres do? Just asking.

Tehuyre is also in for it... Perhaps he'll get help? Nah, probably not. Zyke is duking it out with Vybre, Me and Phoenix are dealing with Scythe, and you're occupied with Vadamus.

Oh man, this comic is amazing. The length actually works in the comic's favor, since any shorter, and it would've felt.... Somewhat incomplete.

Yes! I get to see my character fighting! AND HE'S AWESOME! HE TOOK DOWN A VEHICLE BY HIMSELF! I also love how cocky he is around Scythe, though he DOES have backup.... Hm.

Also, do you remember what Jalicax's zamor spheres do? Just asking.

Tehuyre is also in for it... Perhaps he'll get help? Nah, probably not. Zyke is duking it out with Vybre, Me and Phoenix are dealing with Scythe, and you're occupied with Vadamus.

Glad to see no one has a problem with the length!

Yup, just as promised. That panel was hard to make, but fun. And who would be cocky against Scythe without backup? XD

I do remember, stun blasts. That scene was meant to be stunning him long enough to get close enough for a fight, which is why the shot dealt no actual damage to him and the shot had already hit him by the time they were in the panel.

Yeah, everyone has their battle. I like setting things up like that, for maximum epicness.

I detect a Matrix reference...and at least one Transformers reference.

That was really epic, especially me punching Vybre in the face!

Your detection is correct. XD

Thanks! Not everyone gets to punch giant, sentient, evil, jealous, grudge-holding, heavily armed Vahki in the face!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I really wish I would've started reading this earlier.

These comics are amazing. Not only the effects, but the story is quite entertaining.

Also, it's really cool to see all these different references in this series.

Transformers, Halo, Start Wars... I'm sure there are others, but it's still cool seeing these things brought together.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

You know what I just realized? Pheonix is better in almost every way than Jalicax. He can regenerate himself or others. That alone makes him much more effective and useful than the others. Though it appears he lacks combat capabilities normally, he also has some sort pf combat mode. Despite all of this, he is given the position of Medic and recognizes Jalicax as the leader.

I guess it's because Jalicax is a better leader than Pheonix? Or is Pheonix just grateful for Jalicax giving him freedom? I'm not sure, but that's kinda what I see. How do you see the relationship between Jalicax and Pheonix?

It's a system I put in to emphasize some of my morals, which the comic as a whole uses the heroes to display, but I'll let you all figure out my morals though that instead of stating them outright. Note that the mistakes the heroes make are not the morals, but rather how they are redeemed/forgiven displays some of the morals I have.

This one, I'll outright state: "There's a difference between leading and barking orders."

Jalicax is indeed weaker than Pheonix, but the reasons you gave are exactly why. That, and Jalicax started the group in the first place. Plus Jalicax has way more agility (Flight and agility are two different things) and strategy. He's the guy with the plans.

Well, him and Axilus. And as I'm sure you remember, they made the battle plan for this particular fight together.

Pk57sNJ.jpg