Prototypes

Axilus Prime

• 1 month later...

Actually I haven't worked on them in 2 weeks. I'm sorry. I just can't find the time right now, but I won't pull a Ro. I will make no comics unrelated to Prototypes, so I can maintain absolute focus.

It's just that between school, gaming, family stuff, and various physical training stuff, I have a full schedule at the moment. And things don't look brighter just yet, I've got some tests coming up, a full new blast of classwork, and three mandatory side courses coming up in two weeks that involve basketball, martial arts, and wilderness survival.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Done any work yet?

Edit: Please PM such questions next time!

-Windy-

Edited by -Windrider-

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my martial arts class is over, I might take a more in-depth one on the summer. The actual moves seem near useless in a fight, but they help with reflexes and balance, among other things.

But now I have to host an RPG and co-host another.

I hope I can continue these comics on summer vacation, but if I can't, I will reveal the plot, possibly in an epic. I won't leave you guys with an eternal cliffhanger.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Actually I want to sign up for a more extensive martial arts class or something on the summer. So that grin might be a bit premature. I said I want to, not I will for sure.

Well, I might PM you a fan comic and post it (once I get you approval, of corse) just to keep things interesting.

Edit: That's not just any grin; that's an evil grin. MWA HA HA HA!

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

• 3 months later...

Dude. Its summer. No work, classes, nothing. GET TO WORK I WANNA KNOW HOW THE SECOND MOST AWESOME COMIC I HAVE EVER READ CONTINUES! Also, first most awesome was that whole other comic you had. You know, burnt pie attack...ahhh, that was so funny! LOL!

Dude, that is so rude, Ler showed me that the hard way. he has a life ya know!

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

• 1 year later...

I hope I can continue these comics on summer vacation, but if I can't, I will reveal the plot, possibly in an epic. I won't leave you guys with an eternal cliffhanger.

I made this promise two years ago. And while I lack the time to write an epic, I still promised that I would reveal the plot. And I intend to keep it.

The next comic, which a few panels were made for already, would have had Axilus and Vadamus fight. During the course of the fight, Axilus would break away to save Tehurye. After doing so, Vadamus would mock him for saving one such as him, on the (true) grounds that Tehurye had actually agreed to have the mind control mask placed on him in exchange for the liberation of one of his old friends. Vadamus agreed to the deal, but did not specify when, causing Tehurye's mask of Truth to not alert him to the fact this was a trap. Vadamus did intend to keep his end of the deal...after Tehurye's death.

Anyway, the battle would eventually end in a retreat by the resistance forces and the rescued Matoran, with Axilus angry at Tehurye for not telling him the whole truth (hence Tehurye thinking "I wish that were the whole truth..." in an earlier comic) at the end of the comic.

After that, it would turn out that the reason for the vanishing Matoran corpses was that every time a Matoran died, he was recycled into pure energy that would transfer to Vadamus. The mining operation alone could not uncover what Vadamus was digging for, but neither would a blast of energy made from the biomass of all the Matoran. So, rather than executing the population of Alduar Nui outright and lacking the energy to blast away all the dirt he had to remove, he had them first make progress while mining and die of exhaustion, so the job would be split between him and them. And with all the Matoran save for the ones rescued in the last battle now converted into energy, Vadamus would blast the ground and reveal a facility built by the Great Beings.

While his troops were working on finding a way inside, the resistance would arrive to stop him. A huge battle would take place, during which Vadamus would be about to deal a fatal blow to Axilus, but Tehurye would take it for him. That would restore Axilus' trust in Tehurye, but also trigger a rage that would send him into Prime Mode, a permanent, powered-up form. (Which, incidentally, I already had a spritesheet ready for) Using Prime Mode, he would defeat Vadamus and slam him against the door, causing him to explode and the energy released by the explosion to blow the door open. The Templar forces would retreat.

The resistance, meanwhile, would enter the facility and save the dying Tehurye with the advanced medical supplies inside. Then, by accessing a computer terminal, they would learn the truth:

Axilus Prime was once an Agori named Axel. The Great Beings, while constructing the Matoran Universe, needed guardians of the Matoran. These guardians would be called Primes. Powerful warriors, each much more powerful than a Toa. To select those they would turn into these warriors, they held a tournament. Axel was to face Ferronox (a PGS signing on as a bad guy, who I never got to introduce), but when the fight started, Ferronox had far more fighting skill than he did. Axel, however, was chosen over Ferronox because Ferronox displayed cruelty during the fight, and Axel displayed the will to never give up.

After the first few Primes were created, however, the Great Beings realized it would be too resource-consuming to make more. An alternate project for guardians was put into effect as a result: easier to produce, far more numerous warriors with elemental powers. Toa.

The Primes, after the initiation of the Toa Project, were sealed away in canisters to be launched at times when they were needed. That was the canister Axilus arrived in in the first comic, though being sealed for so long gave him amnesia, and that is why he could not remember any of this.

In addition, they learned that the Matoran Universe was housed inside a giant robot. They also, however, learned that the Great Beings constructed another robot after the MU. This robot was much more powerful and did not house a universe within itself. Upon making this discovery, it turned out that Vadamus had sent his Antidermis into the system upon his destruction, and learned everything they did--including the location of the Greater Robot. He would then use the systems within the facility to reconstruct his body, then retreat, knowing he could not face the entire resistance alone.

After that the specifics were not quite fully planned, but basically, Vadamus would wage a series of battles to gather what he needed to escape the MU, and eventually succeed. After that, he would possess the Greater Robot and start going all over the universe, forcing entire planets to bow to him or be destroyed in an instant. In response, Axilus would take control of the MU and face Vadamus in a final battle. The battle would go through multiple planets, Axilus losing as it went on, before finally, the resistance came up with an idea.

They would use the same means Vadamus used to escape the MU and get inside the Greater Robot, then attack key systems from within it. Before they could do this, the Templars would try to stop them, and eventually every Templar officer would be killed. They would then succeed in entering the Greater Robot. With their efforts weakening Vadamus, Axilus would finally gain the upper hand and kill him. They would then return to the MU, as Axilus would relinquish control of it, and the resistance would stand together, swearing to continue to defend freedom against any who would try to take it away.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

...So the story finishes up with a good old giant robot fight? =P But hmm, I didn't see the part about the Matoran coming.... Does explain a lot though. =P

I have a bit to reveal as well, about Jalicax's backstory. Jalicax's homeland was ravaged by an insane scientist named Dr. Zelzin. He used a drone army to wipe out all opposition, and had everyone either killed or used as a living battery to power his machines. Jalicax had fled into a cave, and discovered a Toa stone as well as a secret underground training room left by the island's previous Toa, who died before the events that happened, in case such a thing were to occur. Jalicax became a Toa, and trained for years to battle Zelzin. When he finally did, however, he lost, and was transported to a place near the location the story takes place in by him. He wandered wherever he could go, and helped whenever he could as a way to atone for his failure. He doesn't want to share his past with anyone due to his guilt over not being able to stop Zelzin.

I think in the next comic, Vadamus would have found out and rather loudly announced it to demoralize Jalicax. And we'd see him get angry for the first time in the series. =P

You know, I'm actually curious how the battle between Scythe, Jalicax, and Pheonix would have gone. Jalicax's fighting style is a combination of acrobatic dodges, strafes, and blocks to close the distance between him and his enemies. He'd also have a pretty hard swing, and be quite the sharpshooter when necessary with his Zamor Launcher. Overall, his fighting style wouldn't be nearly as direct and confrontational as the other characters. That's mainly cause he cant afford to take a hit as well due to lacking Axilus' bulkiness or Pheonix's healing capabilities. He'd rely on avoiding attacks or blocking them with his mask or weapons and attack when opportune, analyzing enemies and situations all the while.

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Oh, right, JiMing, I was gonna put that, we did discuss it over PM a while back. And yeah, Jalicax would have fought like that. Even in his earlier fight scenes he leaned towards the agility-based fighting style you told me he had so long ago.

Sybre, I'm not sure if you remember or not but we were gonna have Vybre realize that the reason he was unworthy of replacing the original Sybre was that he cared only for himself, and so sacrifice himself to do...something (I forgot) to help the resistance, becoming worthy in death.

Thanks, guys. I wish I could have finished the series in comic form, but since each panel took around an hour to make (and some panels with an abundance of characters, like the one where the resistance was overlooking the mining operation, took 3 hours) I just didn't have time to fit comic making in with everything else I do.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Oh, well that's good to hear. Yeah, I think I styled him as more of a melee-focused Glass Cannon type character to stick out from the others. And because that style of fighting in fiction just appeals to me. =P

Actually, I realized just how interesting a fight between Scythe and Jalicax would have been. They share a few qualities in terms of fighting style, but also major differences that set them apart. See, Jalicax is actually not hot-blooded or bullheaded like most Fire Toa, in fact, his analytic and calculating nature in battle is quite reminiscent of Ice Toa. =P And wouldn't you know it, the very basis of Scythe's character and fighting style is logic and analysis. So a fight between them would be the two trying to out-analyze each other. =P However, as is plainly evident from Scythe's design, he is quite the bulky tank-type character, with durability and hard hits, but comparatively low agility, relying on defending himself until an opportune moment to strike comes up. Now compare that to Jalicax, whom we have established has an acrobatic and agility focused style, with emphasis on keeping offensive pressure on his opponent at all times until an opportune moment to strike comes up. Scythe's strongest weapon appears to be his ranged explosive cannon, while Jalicax's skill lies with his katanas.

Who knows, perhaps the two could have acted as direct counterparts, and maybe even rivals? Food for thought. =P

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

What does a Glass Gas Cannon have to do with agility? Lol.

Hmm. I never thought about doing that, really, but now that you mention it...that's an excellent idea. They could have been excellent archenemies (though their fight scenes would take a lot of thought by me to write, since I'd have to think of strategies that befit them) if the comic had continued. Jalicax could have been the one to kill Scythe in the final battle, probably by impalement straight through the eye after outsmarting him.

Pk57sNJ.jpg