• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Fascinating New Faber Files

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,199 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 04:42 PM

It's been a while since we've had an update from everyone's favorite LEGO/Bionicle artist, Christian Faber. But this week, the silence has been broken! Feast your eyes on a range of concept sketches and 3D models both old and new, all centered on the earliest stages of the Bionicle story. The most interesting portion of this new blog post is probably the storyboard sketch of the animated sequence that was, for many, the very first presentation of the Bionicle legend. Interested? Of course you are. <a href='http://faberfiles.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-bionicle-legend-told-in-stone-and.html' target='offsite'>Click here</a> to unleash the nostalgia.View the full article

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,289 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 09:20 PM

Argh! My brain hurts from nostalgic memories! Anyways, all of those sketches look pretty cool. I especially like that Mata Nui tale storyboard.

Edited by FrozenFlash, Oct 18 2012 - 09:20 PM.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#3 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,896 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 10:21 PM

These bring back a lot of good memories from 2001. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#4 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 10,289 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 11:55 PM

Dude, I remember those CD's. I probably still have mine somewhere. Man. Those were the days.
I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

Posted Image

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#5 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,964 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 04:36 AM

Interesting stuff, especially the storyboard of the stones vision. I could practically hear the music from the first MNOLG clip in my head as I looked at it.

#6 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 812 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 06:09 AM

I love those sketches, possibly even more than the animation itself. The storyboard is exceptionally nostalgic, and I finally made the connection of a sinking Mata Nui and the Matoran moving on top of him to the Great Spirit Robot.

Edited by Paleo, Oct 19 2012 - 06:09 AM.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#7 Offline Pereki

Pereki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 895 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 08:57 AM

It looks like the MNOLG cutscene may have been based directly off of the first sketch - a lot of the camera positioning is the same. Interestingly, though, the animation on the CD for which the storyboard was made is very different, taking the story and showing it all from the same angle.

#8 Offline Tehurye

Tehurye
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 12:16 PM

Nostalgia rush!Good old Mata Nui theme. :)What I found to be a special treat was the one image of Whenua telling the legend to Onua. What's special about this is that this image is one of a group that were released in the back of the instructions for the Bohrok sets. There were about a dozen tiny images, each telling a small story about a typical event on the island during the Bohrok invasion. They were fun, colorful, rare, and tiny. For a long time, all we had were very low-res scans of them.But now, this is a relatively very hi-resolution copy of this previously tiny and rare image. You didn't get many computer graphics with the Turaga in them, and this is a very neat scene.And with Onua being my favorite Toa Mata, and Whenua being my favorite Turaga... :biggrin: It's a real treat.

Edited by Tehurye, Oct 19 2012 - 12:17 PM.

- From the Office/Lair of Tehurye: The Talkative Scholar

mca.png

#9 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 693 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 08:35 PM

Interesting stuff, especially the storyboard of the stones vision. I could practically hear the music from the first MNOLG clip in my head as I looked at it.

Same here. I miss my childhood so much! :(

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#10 Offline Endless Sea ~turmoil~

Endless Sea ~turmoil~
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 930 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 03:53 PM

Believe it or not, I actually never saw the original video, unless you count the MNOLG cinematic. Looking at these pictures, the scenes where Mata Nui's stone topples over and the Matoran stones cluster on top of it strike me as incredibly well-executed foreshadowing for the 2008 reveal.
Daybreak. The waves are in turmoil, their frenzied whirlpools and foaming crests crashing into the beach, scattering ivory sand throughout the brilliant silver of the endless sea...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users