The Spriteful Life

Noble Tehurye

Sadly, The Spriteful Life has been discontinued. Please read page 3 of this topic for more details.So without further ado... oh, there was no ado to begin with. No matter.

I present:header_v1.png(Credits and grateful thanks go to Sybre for the cool header! Thank you!)Now for the ado. :DCredits go to Dark709, Lewajohnson, Arthaka, Mercenus, Vakama TK, Absorba62, --K--, Gavla, Eljay, and any others who worked on the Chimoru Kit and numerous extensions of that kit. You all did a great job! Please forgive me if I left anyone out. If you have been left out, then please PM me and I will give you credit here.More Credits go to Marty Razor Kirra and Crazy-Lhikan38 for the awesome Razor Kit V2! (sounds like a nuclear missile... :P)

Lots More Credits go to InnerRayg, for the incredible Rayg kit!And Even More Credits go to Axilus Prime (whom some, myself included, may know better as TNG), Nuile, Sybre, Soran, Phoenixfire, and others who, directly or indirectly, gave me a lot of invaluable advice, help, and inspiration. Without them, I wouldn't have tried to make a comic!Now, for the actual comics!---------------------------------------The Spriteful Life: The Normal LifeComic 0: A BeginningComic 1: The Real BeginningComic 2: Happy Birthday, Axilus!Comic 3: Getting Down to WorkComic 4: New GuyComic 5: Happy Birthday, Phoenixfire!Comic 6: Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

Comic 7: Buying a Car

Comic 8 (A Mini Comic): Texting

Comic 9: Christmas 2012!

Comic 10: Another Vacation?!?

Comic 11: I Changed my Mind

Comic 12: One-Year Vahi!

Comic 13: Finale!By the way, you may notice that I use Chimoru, Razor, and Rayg in this comic. I just like using multiple kits, that's all. I'm not sure why, but it makes for some nice variety, and gives me more options.

If you want to be a Guest Star, and can stand the wait (it may be a little while before I can use your character) then please, feel free to send me a Chimoru, Razor (V2, please) or Rayg 2.5 Sprite sheet for your character (as many poses as you can get, please!) and a personality profile, and I will get you in when I can. Whether your character will be permanently placed in the comic or just temporarily will depend on what I need and your preferences... EDIT: Guest Stars are no longer being accepted, as the comic has closed.Guest Stars:1. Sybre2. Axilus Prime3. Phoenixfire4. Soran

5.Enjoy, everyone!

Edited by Tehurye

I wish you all the success I can. Also, are you accepting guest stars?
Thank you!If you want to be a Guest Star, and can stand the wait (it will be a while before I can use your character) then please, feel free to send me a Chimoru Omega or Razor Sprite sheet for your character (as many poses as you can get, please!) and a personality profile, and I will get you in when I can. Considering that this is in a very early stage, that may not be for quite a while, sorry. But it will happen eventually. :)

Wow it's been a while since I've read a comic with 2 shade anything but if I understand the direction you're going with I think it will compliment your work well.The grammar present in your comic was an unexpected surprise as well, good job with that though obviously I can't judge much given the fact that this, after all, an intro.EDIT: Now I realize what your title reminds me of, Dokuma's Livin' The Sprite Life.Just a little comment.

Edited by Tenuk

Don't Click It

Wow it's been a while since I've read a comic with 2 shade anything but if I understand the direction you're going with I think it will compliment your work well.The grammar present in your comic was an unexpected surprise as well, good job with that though obviously I can't judge much given the fact that this, after all, an intro.EDIT: Now I realize what your title reminds me of, Dokuma's Livin' The Sprite Life.Just a little comment.
Thank you. :)Well, my grammar is fine, it's my art that stinks. :DI knew about that name... famous comics. I'll admit it gave me something to work with... I hope that no one thinks that I ripped it off...

Lol. Thanks for the credits!Now, on to the comic: Glad to see you're into the comic business now! The Boris bit was slightly funny, but on to the chase.Advice seems to be what you're asking for here, before you make Comic 1. How to make good comics in Paint. Well, I too have walked the path of not liking GIMP's complexity (though I'm off of said path now.)So, first off, make a border. First draw the land, ground, ice, water, whatever you'd like it to be, and have it fill a third or fourth of the panel, your choice. Make the boundary the color of the bottom part. Then, fill bucket. Then add the sky or wall (Or water, if you're doing an underwater episode) with fill bucket.If you want texture, add wavy lines with pencil or brush. If that doesn't look good, you're screwed and you use GIMP.Alternatively, the Atos Kit comes with backgrounds, which I used as both a template and for frequently seen locations.You seem to have humor and sprites down, so there you go!Good luck, I'll be checking back here!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Thank you. :)Well, my grammar is fine, it's my art that stinks. :biggrin:I knew about that name... famous comics. I'll admit it gave me something to work with... I hope that no one thinks that I ripped it off...
I figured it might come off that way, I didn't mean to sound like I thought you copied it was just something random.

Don't Click It

I didn't mean to sound like I thought you copied it was just something random.
Oh, I know. No hard feelings, sorry about that. :)
I'd love to help you guys. With my help, you'll be respectable in no time!I'd love to see where this series is going!
Thanks a lot!We could really use your help, if you're good with comics. :)You do know that I'm playing both characters, right? :P

I didn't mean to sound like I thought you copied it was just something random.
Oh, I know. No hard feelings, sorry about that. :)
I'd love to help you guys. With my help, you'll be respectable in no time!I'd love to see where this series is going!
Thanks a lot!We could really use your help, if you're good with comics. :)You do know that I'm playing both characters, right? :P
Hey, no problem.And yeah. I know...

mindeth the cobwebs

Tip: Double posting is allowed when you make a new comic, so do it. It'll get more views because it makes it clear to people browsing that there is a new comic. I almost missed this one! XDOn to the comic:A slow start, but it gets the job done! Nice work with the background, but it looks a bit odd that way. So do the characters.Tips: You can make characters larger in Paint, but it'll look too strange if you try to make them smaller. Also, when you enlarge them, make them increase more than 200% their size, or they will also look strange.As for the background, it seems you did not use Right Click > Stretch/Skew > Enter percent you want, but instead dragged the blue squares lining the selection box. Don't do that, use what I said instead. It helps a lot.Humor seems good so far, so just use those graphical tips and you'll be a Paint master in no time!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Actually, I scaled the sprites down on purpose. The last panel is supposed to be from a zoomed-out perspective, and Tehurye and Boris are supposed to look tiny compared to the vastness of the background which they summoned.What exaclty is it that I need to do with the background? I'm sorry, I didn't quite follow that.I'm pretty sick at the moment *snuffle*. :P

Too true! :(I am sorry about that, Axilus. I only realized my mistake after I had uploaded it. To have gone back and fixed it would have been... well, let's just say I spent far too much time spriting this morning. :P I had to get to schoolwork.So, I'm sorry about that mistake. It would've been better with pie...

Edited by Tehurye

Start making posts in the topic whenever you have a new comic. It is allowed by the rules to double post when you have one.Nice work with the backgrounds! New unique format, that's for sure. I also love how they're playing Halo.They may be procrastinating in-comic, but you sure aren't if you made that long thing. That was a bit random, but good random. Nice work. You're getting there faster than any new guy I've seen.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

This topic is quite a hit now!Onto the comic. Hey, I can be pretty lazy too. But Sybrage is Sybre and Rage combined. Sybrage is a whole other guy. An evil guy. If you could please change the Sybrage into Sybre in the panel where I explain my job, that'd be great. I'm not mad at you, just giving you a heads up.

Edited by Sybrage: Master of Erbys

mindeth the cobwebs

This topic is quite a hit now!Onto the comic. Hey, I can be pretty lazy too. But Sybrage is Sybre and Rage combined. Sybrage is a whole other guy. An evil guy. If you could please change the Sybrage into Sybre in the panel where I explain my job, that'd be great. I'm not mad at you, just giving you a heads up.
ARGH! :PI just can't get your names right, can I? :PI'm joking... I thought Sybrage was an adjective for whatever. :PI'll change it...
Deep conversations are always well thought out while playing first-person shooters.And I think Sybrage needs to work on his motivational skills.Oh and more explosions please.
I agree. :PDon't worry. More explosions will be forthcoming. :P
Start making posts in the topic whenever you have a new comic. It is allowed by the rules to double post when you have one.Nice work with the backgrounds! New unique format, that's for sure. I also love how they're playing Halo.They may be procrastinating in-comic, but you sure aren't if you made that long thing. That was a bit random, but good random. Nice work. You're getting there faster than any new guy I've seen.
Yeah, it took me... I dunno... about two days to make and polish that one? I've got a lot of school these days... so I can't work much.Getting where?----------------------------------------------------Say chaps?Important announcement, by the way:My mom is having a new baby! :biggrin: It's a boy... so I've got another brother. :biggrin:It's great. Anyways, because of that, I'm going to be pretty active...Not on BZP, but helping my mom. So I may be somewhat slower on BZP for the next two months or so. My comic making may have to take a back seat... I'm sorry guys. Edited by Tehurye

Say chaps?Important announcement, by the way:My mom is having a new baby! :biggrin: It's a boy... so I've got another brother. :biggrin:It's great. Anyways, because of that, I'm going to be pretty active...Not on BZP, but helping my mom. So I may be somewhat slower on BZP for the next two months or so. My comic making may have to take a back seat... I'm sorry guys.
Congratulations! and also what game where you and Boris playing in comic 4?~edit~I mean comic 3 Edited by Phoenixfire

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

• 3 weeks later...

Hey chaps, Comic 4 is out! :biggrin: Finally!If you've watched this topic, you may have noticed that things haven't been going to well. I'm not getting out episodes nearly as fast as the other comic writers. But this is for a couple of good reasons:1. I'm very, very busy. I'm actually lucky to have time to post this. But don't worry, things will get less busy for my family at around Thanksgiving or later. I will be more active.2. I don't make comic spriting my top priority! :P That would be school. And my school takes up a lot of time.So I'm going to try using mini-comics - comics of about 1 to 3 pages - to hold things over between major episodes. It'll help to alleviate my downtime from now on.I hope you enjoy my comic series, at least a little. If you'd like to Guest Star, then please, just ask me! Comics are funnier with more quirky characters. :)Thanks guys. :)

Edited by Tehurye

Now this is getting funnier. I can see that you're busy, but the sheer length of this comic is another compelling argument as to why you can take your time.Reminds me of the Mark of Shame...except he was banished, not executed or turned into the Bohrok Varbiter.But the "no one cares about the Va" reminds me of Grunts.True pushy businessman style...XDA new Halo player...to accuse of only winning because his split-screen portion is bigger!And now the Bahrag are rewarded...with music!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Now this is getting funnier. I can see that you're busy, but the sheer length of this comic is another compelling argument as to why you can take your time.Reminds me of the Mark of Shame...except he was banished, not executed or turned into the Bohrok Varbiter.But the "no one cares about the Va" reminds me of Grunts.True pushy businessman style...XDA new Halo player...to accuse of only winning because his split-screen portion is bigger!And now the Bahrag are rewarded...with music!
Thanks. :) It does take quite some time, but I think it's nicer when longer.I never thought about the Mark of Shame being connected in any way... but yeah, it fits. :) Nice pun. :PI like Grunts. And Va. :DThat depends on who logs in first...Not much of a reward... :PAnyways, what do you think of using mini-comics?

Wow I really like these comics. The graphics are quite good for an Mspaint oriented comic, I especially like the use of the ultimate accessories kit. Although I'm not really into using two or more kits in the same comic I think that it really works well here. The jokes are also quite good and entertaining. I really think that these comics are really good and I hope to see more. I'll be keeping an eye on them.As for creating 'mini-comics', I suggest you make whatever you're more comfortable with, unless you want to experiment, in which case I suggest you go for it.Good job on the comics and keep up the great work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png