• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Hero Factory Building System Patents

Patents 2.0 Building System Constraction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,823 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 24 2012 - 06:02 PM

I was Googling the name of LEGO Hero Factory designer Cerim Manovi, one of the designers featured on the "Explaining the Character and Creature Building System" videos on the Hero Factory website, and I happened to find two patents by the three designers featured on those videos. The first patent is for the skeleton elements of the building system itself, the second for articulated figures (action figures) based on that building system.http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/WO2012052509http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/WO2012052475I thought some people here on BZPower might appreciate the way these patents are phrased. I feel it truly demonstrates how unique the building system is that it could be patented. It also emphasizes how system is the defining characteristic of this building style-- all the parts are designed to go together in a very particular fashion that allows for the greatest versatility. Click the "Description" tab for the second patent to see a very detailed analysis of why this building system is uniquely advantageous.The "Documents" tab on each page lets you view PDF versions of the patents, which is useful to see the full range of illustrations. They offer some very good insights about the considerations that went into creating this building system!

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Offline -Shakar-

-Shakar-
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 10-March 04
  • 1,930 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 11:48 AM

Wow, great find there! Shows how well the new system was planned. The 2.0 system is a truly awesome invention I'll forever thank Lego for.

I is back.

#3 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 14-June 08
  • 2,959 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2012 - 08:50 PM

I guess Lego really wanted the 2.0 skeleton to be something big.

webmaster.png

#4 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,093 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 09:03 AM

I never knew that they had patented this system, but it doesn't surprise me. This is probably my favorite building system (besides System of course) that is currently available, and I honestly like this building system more than Bionicle. Great find Aanchir!
--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users