Annoying parts of BZPower

Dralcax

You are not the only one that misses the notepad. I had so much stuff saved on mine from various signature codings to old to do lists to rp concet ideas.
I'm pretty sure I had drafts of about three chapters of my epic, as well as several sig codings, saved in there. Bah.

... I'm probably the only one who finds it annoying that these days you can't send pms to yourself anymore. Right? ._.
Basically this forever. I used to use it all the time to test large blocks of coding and to figure out the more obscure word filter quirks. Now I have to draft blog entries instead. :c
Well but for testing out word filters, you could always write the things to test out in a message and hit 'preview' - which shows the filtered version. And if you set yourself as the recipient you can't accidentally send it to someone.Not sure about you, but it seems like the easiest 'solution' to me. ^^
... I'm probably the only one who finds it annoying that these days you can't send pms to yourself anymore. Right? ._.
Basically this forever. I used to use it all the time to test large blocks of coding and to figure out the more obscure word filter quirks. Now I have to draft blog entries instead. :c
Whooo we're all in the same boat! My blog is so disorganized because of all the drafts with things I think I may need like old signature coding or drafts of reviews or whatnot. Grrr....
I never even considered using blog drafts, to be honest. :/
Would anyone consider it weird that I never knew until now that you could not PM yourself?But now I'm just sad.
... whaaaat it was one of the first things I tried out in my first year on BZPower. =O

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Well but for testing out word filters, you could always write the things to test out in a message and hit 'preview' - which shows the filtered version. And if you set yourself as the recipient you can't accidentally send it to someone.Not sure about you, but it seems like the easiest 'solution' to me. ^^
Oh wait yeah I do that toobut drafting is more fun because then Deevee can read your entries and comment on them and be like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CODING IS A MESS D:"But yeah, I used to have a big thread going where I just talked to myself about stuff and with that old PM system that filled up your inbox in a week it was just all kinds of fun. :3 Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

but drafting is more fun because then Deevee can read your entries and comment on them and be like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CODING IS A MESS D:"
What? I need to test this out.The problems I have are basically the word list and linking, the former of which is not disrupting conversations on BZP so its delay is alright for me.

jlovfkk.jpg

but drafting is more fun because then Deevee can read your entries and comment on them and be like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CODING IS A MESS D:"
What? I need to test this out.
I mean that's not a guarantee, but Blogg Leaders can see and comment on all your drafted entries, just FYI. And yeah, he's done it to me before when I first started reading Homestuck and drafted a "what the what am I reading" entry, then decided to save it until I hit Act 5, and he was all "KEEP READING IT GETS BETTER."So I did and he was right but I guess that's getting a little off topic now.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I personally miss server crashes just for the sever busy messages.
And the Bubble Wrap. I know I could probably find it somewhere else, but it just doesn't feel the same when it's not hand delivered to me to console me for lost posts.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I personally miss server crashes just for the sever busy messages.
And the Bubble Wrap. I know I could probably find it somewhere else, but it just doesn't feel the same when it's not hand delivered to me to console me for lost posts.
Here you go. I have the link saved in my favourites for when I get bored. It is so fun.

9 years ago I woulda said the server loads. Now, it's gotta be all of the people that have up and left that made my BZP experience so enjoyable. Admittedly, I'm not entirely active either, since I understand that some simply outgrow Bionicle.Thread revival was also my absolute least favorite rule. I HATED it, and I still do. I saw too many good MOC threads locked because of a revival. I also feel like there are many larger threads that die off by themselves, and don't warrant a second thread. Granted, most of the smaller threads are the ones that die off and are revived, but it made much more sense years ago when BZP had more activity.

Edited by PokamuTheChexGuy

qs11848.jpg
^Nostalgia Trip. I was 8 years old.^
[insert 1.2mb GIF here]

Moderator approval for posts.I understand it's necessary, but still.
Once you hit five posts in forums that count towards post count, you'll be able to post without moderator approval. :)
Five? I could have sworn it was ten. :???:
There was a policy change a few months ago. :)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

And then we can't discuss religion or politics even if we act civil about it.
Politics in general is not civil, and a kid-friendly forum doesn't seem to be a great place to preach or start a flame war.Whenever I get notified for a timed entry it shows up blank in my notifications :( Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

I'd like to read archived topics on the old board without being logged out :/ .-TLhikan
If you use private browsing, you won't be logged out of your normal browsing window.
Or you can use Google Chrome's incognito windows, disable cookies after you log in on the new boards...there are ways around it.

[9:10:08 PM] Aderia: i also don't like how three exclamation points are automaticlly turned into an emote[9:10:21 PM] Aderia: in fact, i will go complain about int in the annoying things about bzp topic !!! = ! ! !=( sadface.

Edited by Eponine

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

[9:10:08 PM] Aderia: i also don't like how three exclamation points are automaticlly turned into an emote[9:10:21 PM] Aderia: in fact, i will go complain about int in the annoying things about bzp topic !!! = ! ! !=( sadface.
I really wish it was like :???: emote because you can type ??? but as long it doesn't has the ":"s it won't change to an emote.Really does get annoying.
 = ?emote???=/= emote

Can I also say I find it annoying people want to remove the "No politics" rule, when it has been repeatedly shown that people cannot be civil with such subjects by the people who want this rule removed. Besides I'd like the one forum I have friends to be an escape from the world of politics (that's what my Twitter is for ;)) so that I don't have to worry about losing them. One last thing I don't like negative topics [/hypocrite]

Edited by Felix Dzerzhinsky

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

The roundabout way things are dealt with. Having to PM so and so to ask about topic closure. I feel like I'm at school sometimes. Heavy filters in place everywhere. I understand this is a place for kids, but where was the last kid I saw?Word filter should be adjusted.Linked sites should also be adjusted.I can definitely understand politics and religion. Humans naturally get mad when others provide evidence to discredit their opinions.One thing I definitely would like to see is a bit of a democracy here. Voting on rules and restrictions, sort of like a town hall meeting. Staff will put forth a bill and members will vote on it.Might be a bad idea, but yeah.

AΨ 94

I feel like I'm at school sometimes. Heavy filters in place everywhere. I understand this is a place for kids, but where was the last kid I saw?
BZPRPG News and Discussion. Too many arguments these days.
This and usage of wink emoticon irk me ;)I don't actually see anything wrong with ' ;)'. Staff use it sometimes and I'm chill with that. But when it becomes incessant or is tacked onto a post without much thought, it can add a condescending tone. The entire post may end up coming across as an insult simply because of that.Then again, emote-spam typically irks regardless of emoticon. I'd just advise people to use each with moderation ;) Edited by Hero Creation Kit

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

when a staffie yells at you in your post to not bypass the word filter even though I did not mean to, or realize that was a "filtered" word, so therefore cannot be actually bypassing the filter since the word obviously wasn't filtered, or else I would not be typing this long-winded post.(to be perfectly fair, the root word was a filtered word. though it's not like I had any way of knowing that.)and the topic's locked. so it's just staring at me. nothing I can do about it. and, when you can say "that one video site" or "that social networking site" and have literally everyone know what you mean, the system is clearly broken. not to mention that you can embed videos from that site. and there is a like button on the mobile site. and they're mentioned on the front page news.Kinda like saying: "Don't chew gum in class!" and than smacking the gum that your chewing.​I mean really. that's just ridiculous.^^^^^^^and that thing. what is that thing anyway?

Edited by <shockwave>

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Kinda like saying: "Don't chew gum in class!" and than smacking the gum that your chewing.
The big difference is that gum usually is quite disgusting by then, and no teacher in his right mind would want to touch it. :P
Word filter should be adjusted.Linked sites should also be adjusted.
Both of these I second to some extent, and from what I understand the word filter and the advertizing policy are high on the list of things to be changed.

I feel like I'm at school sometimes. Heavy filters in place everywhere. I understand this is a place for kids, but where was the last kid I saw?
Hi, I'm fourteen. Does that count?Anyway, the annoying thing about BZPower?BZPRPG News and Discussion. Too many arguments these days.
Not really. Most fourteen-year-olds are fairly jaded.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.