Annoying parts of BZPower

Dralcax

me speaking my views is apparently wrong and exercising my right to free speech isn't allowed

If your views are that homosexuality or gender equality are wrong, then yes, your speaking of your views is wrong and not allowed.

And you don't have a right to free speech on BZPower.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

me speaking my views is apparently wrong and exercising my right to free speech isn't allowed

If your views are that homosexuality or gender equality are wrong, then yes, your speaking of your views is wrong and not allowed.

And you don't have a right to free speech on BZPower.

...Those are not my views at all, no. Apparently you've placed me into a group of prejudice extremists as opposed to a group of rational and understanding people. I'm not necessarily on either side of the argument - I believe that everybody has a right to live their life the way they see fit, however they can in order to feel comfortable, regardless of what other people think, no matter their race or orientation or religion. Should I have a problem with their lifestyle (which I never would, but hypothetically speaking), that's my problem, not theirs.

The people that are the prejudice extremists don't have a right to free speech or the calm rational people don't have a right to free speech? Either way, there's a chance of discrimination, any way you slice it. I don't see how I have been prejudice in any way - you have gone out of your way to put me into the group that you believe was hateful in the blog war that occurred. Because I happen to disagree with your views, you put me into that group.

Truth of the matter is, I don't belong in any 'group'. I stand by myself by simply being who I am. If you think I'm mean and hateful and cruel for being me, just like the group your defending is, you think that. You know why? Because I know I'm not, and that's all that counts. I think that everybody has a right to their lifestyle, no matter what people think. Everybody has a right to live their lives the way they see fit, and somehow by believing that, I'm being prejudice?

If you want the honest truth, you're the one being discriminatory and prejudice, because I'm living my life the way I see fit, just like the people your defending, and by believing in equality and just about everything you're calling me out on not believing in, I'm a mean and hateful person. I will say it again: Everybody has a right to live their life the way they see fit. I don't care who you are or what your background is, because I don't judge people by their orientation or religion.

I'm going to leave it at this. I've argued with you in the past, DV, and I've found that we disagree on everything we've ever discussed. There's no point in trying to make amends, and I know it is obviously wrong to even attempt to argue with a staff member as it is. I know I've crossed the line one time too many, and I apologize for that, but unfortunately I don't think that is enough.

I think this has taught me to bite my tongue. But I simply felt that before my tongue turns black and blue that maybe I should state my final thoughts on the issue. Otherwise, case closed - you can continue to argue, but I don't care anymore. What I've found from all arguments that have ever occurred on this site is that neither side is ever willing to listen. For once, I'd like to see the people here open up their ears instead of their mouths, and unfortunately I'm an example of that.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Comics forum is a mess at times. Otherwise, BZP has been fun to hang around these past years.

sig.png

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

...Those are not my views at all, no.

Which is why I stated "if your views.."

Not your views? Then not a problem.

The people that are the prejudice extremists don't have a right to free speech or the calm rational people don't have a right to free speech?

Nobody on BZPower, regardless of belief system, has a right to free speech. Or the free expression thereof. BZP is a private non-national entity and as such, has the ability to regulate speech as we see fit.

Can we separate quotes from actual posts please? It's getting hard to read.

------------------

^ Is acceptable.

We're currently working on this on tracker, my feeling tells me it will not take long anymore till this is fixed

---

I'm pretty sure he's just asking people to use "---" before their actual reply so people can determine who is actually speaking. This is an easy alternative until the quote boxes get fixed.

-Rez

I always find the revival rule somewhat unusual. Topics are still free to post in even after their expiry date has passed - if the topic revival rule must be enforced, could there be some sort of modification to the forum software that automatically locks topics past the revival time limit?

~ CHTrilogy

I'd love to be allowed to talk about religion and politics.

-------------------

I believe it's been said time and time again, people just can't be mature about it, especially at this age.

It would require constant and vigilant moderation, something not a lot of people can do.

--------------------

whoa everyone seems to be fighting about the most annoying part of bzpower in these dubious quote boxes that make it impossible to tell who is saying what but cmon the most annoying part is obviously this part

------------------Are you acting out a character with your profile?

AΨ 94

---

Religion and politics would be allowed if people could actually be mature about it. The problem is this: people just cannot set aside their differences, pure and simple. If either of those were allowed, people would greatly take advantage of it, and it would cause so many arguments that would be very unnecessary and offensive. When you try to clash two different beliefs together, it often just causes belittlement and offense. If you take a good look in this topic, or in the blogs you will find border-line political and religious discussions that often lead to an argument that just causes strife and segregation between both members and staff.

Please imagine how BZPower would function without these rules in place. Just a second of thought will bring you to the realization that it would just cause too many problems. We're not all going to believe the same things, and there are even different beliefs in a designated religion, so even believing in the same religion would cause some issues. The best option is to just set our differences aside and discuss other subjects such as the kids toy line we all know and love.

-Rez

Edited by -Reznas-

Why? This is a website about Bionicle. I have personal, political, and religious views, but I don't feel the need to express them here. There are plenty of forums on the internet where you can discuss and debate these issues, but this is not the place.

One thing I will say, I have only been a member of BZPower for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been on here long enough to be annoyed with anything! :P

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

___________________________ Why? This is a website about Bionicle. I have personal, political, and religious views, but I don't feel the need to express them here. There are plenty of forums on the internet where you can discuss and debate these issues, but this is not the place.
-------------I agree with the above whole heartedly.I think something annoying about BZP is the fact I won't know when my premier membership runs out. I really would like to keep track of that. I'm wondering through do the staff warn you when your premier is up? Just curious.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

___________________________ Why? This is a website about Bionicle. I have personal, political, and religious views, but I don't feel the need to express them here. There are plenty of forums on the internet where you can discuss and debate these issues, but this is not the place.

___________________________Indeed. If there's one thing to be learned from the occasional flare-ups we do have, it's that this place would probably explode if we didn't have such a ban. :P But seriously, they're just subjects that are better handled on places other than a forum (ostensibly) dedicated to a constraction line.

I think something annoying about BZP is the fact I won't know when my premier membership runs out. I really would like to keep track of that. I'm wondering through do the staff warn you when your premier is up? Just curious.

___________________________Unfortunately the staff don't have a system in place for warning people when their PMship runs out; however, if you bought it yourself through PayPal, you can log into your PayPal account and check the date your payment went through to figure out when your PMship is up. If you used a gift code, you'll have to try and remember what day you used it on, sorry. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

For me, the most annoying part of BZPower is kind of indefinable—it's an aspect of the site's culture.

We've always had this weird compulsion to jump on any point of discussion—be it a complaint or a theory or what have you—and just beat it into a pulp. I mean, we've got a guy in this topic who says he'd like to talk religion and politics, and five different members respond to him, each enlightening him with several paragraphs of typing. Why so intense? He only wrote a single sentence and then dropped out of the conversation, and it's not like this hasn't been discussed before, anyways. You don't need to tackle every possible viewpoint with such intensity. Most anywhere else you go online, things are pretty laid-back compared to BZP.

That said, I do feel nostalgia whenever I drop by to visit the site and see that it's as tense as it's always been. We've been going at it like this since 2003, at least.

For me, the most annoying part of BZPower is kind of indefinable—it's an aspect of the site's culture.

We've always had this weird compulsion to jump on any point of discussion—be it a complaint or a theory or what have you—and just beat it into a pulp. I mean, we've got a guy in this topic who says he'd like to talk religion and politics, and five different members respond to him, each enlightening him with several paragraphs of typing. Why so intense? He only wrote a single sentence and then dropped out of the conversation, and it's not like this hasn't been discussed before, anyways. You don't need to tackle every possible viewpoint with such intensity. Most anywhere else you go online, things are pretty laid-back compared to BZP.

That said, I do feel nostalgia whenever I drop by to visit the site and see that it's as tense as it's always been. We've been going at it like this since 2003, at least.

---

We're boosting discussion. If someone says there should be religion and politics on BZP, and we don't agree, then we state why there shouldn't be. This site wouldn't be quite as interesting if there weren't any debates or discussions--as long as they don't go too far.

-Rez

The fact that BZPower has such strict rules sometimes, like the not being able to link to certain websites and the word filter and such.

Especially the word "mod"

WORST FILTER, UGH.

Also I hate the Image size limit rule, I've always felt it should be a dimensions limit, not a filesize limit, especially as the one is way easier to police than the other.

The fact that BZPower has such strict rules sometimes, like the not being able to link to certain websites and the word filter and such.

Especially the word "mod"

WORST FILTER, UGH.

Also I hate the Image size limit rule, I've always felt it should be a dimensions limit, not a filesize limit, especially as the one is way easier to police than the other.

Yeah, the filesize thing always gets me. :/

Whenever you reply to a comment, said original comment is in your comment, right?

Right.

However, it's hard to determine what comment was replied to, and what the replier's comment is. Simply because there is an absence ofsome kind of box (like we've had before) to end the original comment. Just a heading of who wrote the original comment.

Just take a look at Makuta Matata's post two posts up. Kinda confusing what the new comment is, right? :P

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Whenever you reply to a comment, said original comment is in your comment, right?

Right.

However, it's hard to determine what comment was replied to, and what the replier's comment is. Simply because there is an absence ofsome kind of box (like we've had before) to end the original comment. Just a heading of who wrote the original comment.

Just take a look at Makuta Matata's post two posts up. Kinda confusing what the new comment is, right? :P

---

It's a glitch. It's being worked out right now in the tracker. There's a link somewhere on this page. Just scroll up.

-Rez

Unfunny comedies. I don't blame the writers, who have the potential to actually be funny. I blame the rules that keep out anything potentially amusing.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Unfunny comedies. I don't blame the writers, who have the potential to actually be funny. I blame the rules that keep out anything potentially amusing.

---

I don't see why you're blaming the staff for putting rules into place that are meant to protect the minds of children that are apt to be on BZPower. There has to be rules in life. Blaming the staff for banning inappropriate discussion is like saying, "I blame the government for not letting me murder anyone I want."

-Rez

---

I don't see why you're blaming the staff for putting rules into place that are meant to protect the minds of children that are apt to be on BZPower. There has to be rules in life. Blaming the staff for banning inappropriate discussion is like saying, "I blame the government for not letting me murder anyone I want."

-Rez

While I am partially sympathetic to -Rez's veiwpoint, I think that a lack of word filter is a terribly abysmal idea anyway. If the comedies aren't funny now (and I can't say, as I don't visit that part of the forums.) taking away those rules will just make them terrible, raunchy comedies. And that's worse.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Not sure how anything that isn't allowed here could make a comedy funnier.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Not sure how anything that isn't allowed here could make a comedy funnier.-Gata signoff.png

It's possible that he means inappropriate jokes. :/

---

Even so, those type of jokes aren't honestly that funny, and if they are, they're definitely not appealing to the younger audience, but rather, to adults. I know there are adults on BZPower, but there are more children and adolescents than adults.

-Rez

It's possible that he means inappropriate jokes. :/

---

Even so, those type of jokes aren't honestly that funny, and if they are, they're definitely not appealing to the younger audience, but rather, to adults. I know there are adults on BZPower, but there are more children and adolescents than adults.

-Rez

Very true. I never said that I support them though. :P

iwRQGDg.jpg

----------------

There's no room for cursing and other things on BZPower. There are kids on this site. And as Makaru stated, 'good' comedy doesn't have to be 'dirty' comedy.

Edited by Toanicky

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

I want to say that whenever I go through a member's content section and click a topic they posted in it always takes me to the first page int the topic. This a problem in topics with more than 10 pages. Also every topic seems to have been posted by someone named "Array", I have no idea why. That's my piece ladies and gentlemen.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

You know, you guys keep saying that all these rules are in place to shelter the kids or whatever, but honest to God I don't see any kids on here anymore (or many people at all). Somebody should make a topic or a poll or something and see just how many kids there are on here.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

You know, you guys keep saying that all these rules are in place to shelter the kids or whatever, but honest to God I don't see any kids on here anymore (or many people at all). Somebody should make a topic or a poll or something and see just how many kids there are on here.
You may not see them, but they are there, even if they are not a majority. And honestly, considering the horrible amount of rude language and insults and countless "mature" sites out there, I prefer it this way.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^