Annoying parts of BZPower

Dralcax

Generally I don't find any particular aspect of BZP annoying, other than perhaps the lack of provision of a group instant communication function and the linking to other forums rule. Though I perfectly understand the reasoning behind these rules and I support their continuation.

-Roki

Edited by Roki
sigflower4.png

Generally I don't find any particular aspect of BZP annoying, other than perhaps the lack of provision of a group instant communication function and the linking to other forums rule. Though I perfectly understand the reasoning behind these rules and I support their continuation.

-Roki

Actually, there is now a group PM system. To have group messaging you must be a Premier Member (which you are), and thus, all you have to do is add members to the conversation. The max is 10 per conversation, however.

-Rez

According to our site statistics, our average user age has actually gone down the last several years.

What is the average, then?

Last I heard it was like 12 or so.

That's rather low, considering the age of all of the members that I know on here are in college or high school. I'm guessing that most of them are inactive, am I wrong?

iwRQGDg.jpg

Regardless of age, such discussion does not belong on BZPower. Adult-material does not necessarily mean that adults want to view/take part in it, but that it is better suited for adults. For example, bad language is not good, but it is better suited for adults because they are more experienced and better understand it. This goes into effect for all areas of mature discussion/material. Many adults don't want to see this kind of discussion either.

-Rez

Yup, If I would be at work (which I'm NOT) checking BZP, My boss would merely laugh, otherwise I might get fired. Also cmon guys we're fans of Lego, a CHILDS toy (no offence :) I also like it), if we wanna be fan of it, fine but let's BE a child then and follow rules meant for a 10 year olds.

I'm back!

According to our site statistics, our average user age has actually gone down the last several years.

What is the average, then?

Last I heard it was like 12 or so.

That's rather low, considering the age of all of the members that I know on here are in college or high school. I'm guessing that most of them are inactive, am I wrong?

Eh, kind of? The members you see posting all the time aren't necessarily the bulk of our active members, just the ones who are more vocal. The average active member doesn't have a blog and doesn't post in so many topics all the time.

If that makes sense.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

After some quick checking. I found that over half of our members have never made a post. And less than 2,000 of our members have logged on in the last year. and of those, around 260 have actually posted In that time. Clearly something is wrong here.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="~Shockwave~" data-cid="488753" data-time="1357774936"><p>After some quick checking. I found that over <em class='bbc'>half</em> of our members have never made a post. And less than 2,000 of our members have logged on in the last year. and of those, around 260 have actually posted In that time. Clearly something is wrong here. </p></blockquote>No posts or no post count? But yes, something is definitely wrong.

aouROFb.png

Remember that post count stuff got messed up too when we switched boards. It's back to normal, but it's possible some if it got lost in translation.

I did the checking based off of a year ago. but that should only affect the total posts. Other than that it should be fairly accurate. For the amount of people actually active, that's not a terrible number. It's just the amount of people active that's bad.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I don't particularly enjoy it when people talk about bad stuff, but I don't like the fact that I am uncertain as to whether or not I'll be able to be accepted back here, since my obsessions keep on changing and there are some rather embarrassing posts that I made in my weaboo days on here.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

New members can be annoying, usually due to their lack of education in Grammar. But as I am one to usually point out, everyone can change for the better. I did so myself several times over the last few years. Stopped caring what people thought of me, and started living for myself being the prominent couple.

Other than that I dislike the ban on talking about banned members, mostly because I am friends with some banned members and they don't even know what they did to desvere it, or what pushed them into the "Ban" area on the Staff's radar. Some of the members tried standing up for something they believed to be right and were snuffed out. That I don't think is right, but who am I to state my opinion? Either way, I disagree with it.

I also disagree with the amount of time the staff to make some changes. I understand you guys have lives and all, but somethings in running a site take only a few moments to complete, and yet you take months to implement them. And if you respond to this, I'd appreciate the truth. I've run a site before and know exactly how easy some things can be.

Just my two cents worth.

- Gideon

Edited by Gideon Graves

• 2 weeks later...

When people just make topics without looking to see if there was already one. I guess some fonts annoy me, but that's mostly because of personal distaste for some fonts (mainly Comic Sans) However, that isn't to say people can't use them, it just looks a bit off to me due to how some fonts don't have proper kerning and things like that.

(Also, if you use comic sans, no offense, not trying to insult anyone.)

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I also disagree with the amount of time the staff to make some changes. I understand you guys have lives and all, but somethings in running a site take only a few moments to complete, and yet you take months to implement them. And if you respond to this, I'd appreciate the truth. I've run a site before and know exactly how easy some things can be. Just my two cents worth. - Gideon
Trust me you don't, the whole staff team is online multiple hours a day to moderate, punish, find news, improve the site,... I know the staff well enough to know they spend very much time in Bzpower. But this isn't just a site, Bzp has forums, blogs and many more, it uses the most complicated software to run the site smoothly, so it is harder to make small changes. Bzpower is massive and needs more time than a normal site to run safe, family friendly and smoothly. And by so it logic we have to wait a moment for our small issues to be solved.

I'm back!

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

The fact that you can't undo the thing when you accidentally click the forum read button(or I don't think you can). Also, the topic revival rule. I understand it, but what if you have something really good to say about a set but the last post was like in December?

The fact that you can't undo the thing when you accidentally click the forum read button(or I don't think you can).

THIS. I've made that mistake too many times. It doesn't help that it's in the same place as the "go to new post" buttons within individual forums; if I forget which page I'm on and click to the left of the title instinctually, I then lose the ability to know how many new posts I've missed in any topic in that forum. If there were some way to add a confirmation query for when you click that button, it would be ideal.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The fact that you can't undo the thing when you accidentally click the forum read button(or I don't think you can).

THIS. I've made that mistake too many times. It doesn't help that it's in the same place as the "go to new post" buttons within individual forums; if I forget which page I'm on and click to the left of the title instinctually, I then lose the ability to know how many new posts I've missed in any topic in that forum. If there were some way to add a confirmation query for when you click that button, it would be ideal.

The tracker is your friend. ^_^-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The biggest problems I run into are on the mobile version of the site. For instance, there's no 'Last Page' button, so I have to hit the 'Next' button over and over and over again. Nor can you scroll through the Emoticons.The only problem I've run into on the regular site is every time I try to quote it says: '<blockquote>' or whatever. I don't know why. I checked to see if I accidentally broke one of the rules or something, but there's no notifications or anything that I did. I'm stuck on this one.:(

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

Guest Takua the Chronicler7
The biggest problems I run into are on the mobile version of the site. For instance, there's no 'Last Page' button, so I have to hit the 'Next' button over and over and over again. Nor can you scroll through the Emoticons.
That's why I always switch to the full site when I'm on my iPod.