This topic is to discuss rock music, in case you didn't read the title of the topic. I, personally, mostly like classic rock (Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Journey) but more recent bands still appeal to me (Green Day, Nickelback). I would try to list all the bands I like, but I always inevitably forget some. Oh, and I wrote this topic while listening to "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" by Journey. If you haven't heard it, I recommend you do so right now. Any songs, bands, concerts, etc. you'd like to discuss?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Dude. Bruce Springsteen has a song called Worlds Apart too. It's brilliant. It's truly brilliant. Go listen now.Also, anyone who enjoys classic-style rock with a nostalgic/rustic vibe to it should check out the Gaslight Anthem. They're a rather recent band, but if you listen to song's like Great Expectations, The '59 Sound, Boxer, the Spirit of Jazz, and Keepsake, you'll see what I mean by classic-style.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Modern rock is bad, ok. It's all sissy emotions and stuff. Where did all the rock stars go.
SAYS KANYE WEST /sAnyways, signature image below is my current favorite band of the moment. Enjoy the reggae-influence of their early work, along with a bit of the classic "edge"I was also into '04 Green Day for a bit, although right now I couldn't care less about them.And Nickelback to me is the Barney of music: you love to hate on them.

I love all types of rock music - everything from soft rock to alternative rock to hard rock. Anything with a guitar is much more appealing to me than anything with electronics like the dance-pop garbage being forced out just to make money. Out of mainstream rock bands I like Bon Jovi (oldies and newer stuff) and Coldplay (their last two albums are the only ones I own but I love both of them). Say what you will, but I also listen to a lot of Christian rock like Casting Crowns (their latest album is fantastic if you like Christian music that has lyrical depth to it), MercyMe, Third Day, Tenth Avenue North (their style is mellow rock, sort of like a cross between Coldplay and Switchfoot) or Jeremy Camp (more post-grunge leaning in his early material).Speaking of Bon Jovi, they are going to be releasing a new album (What About Now) this coming spring, as well as embarking on a worldwide tour.-TN05

Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

I love all types of rock music - everything from soft rock to alternative rock to hard rock. Anything with a guitar is much more appealing to me than anything with electronics like the dance-pop garbage being forced out just to make money. Out of mainstream rock bands I like Bon Jovi (oldies and newer stuff) and Coldplay (their last two albums are the only ones I own but I love both of them). Say what you will, but I also listen to a lot of Christian rock like Casting Crowns (their latest album is fantastic if you like Christian music that has lyrical depth to it), MercyMe, Third Day, Tenth Avenue North (their style is mellow rock, sort of like a cross between Coldplay and Switchfoot) or Jeremy Camp (more post-grunge leaning in his early material).Speaking of Bon Jovi, they are going to be releasing a new album (What About Now) this coming spring, as well as embarking on a worldwide tour.-TN05
I agree with this waaaaaaaaay too much. I got my start on rock with casting crowns and Mercyme. Mercyme was my favorite band for a long time.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

I agree with this waaaaaaaaay too much. I got my start on rock with casting crowns and Mercyme. Mercyme was my favorite band for a long time.
They're right around tied for me with Casting Crowns right now, but MercyMe's first album (Almost There) is still my favorite album I own - it is just a fantastic record. I absolutely loved their second (Spoken For) and fourth (Coming Up to Breathe) albums, particularly the latter due to its very rock sound. People like to complain about Christian music as a whole, but it has been a very rock-oriented format for the last decade or so and that trend is showing no signs of stopping any time soon.-TN05

I don't really know about rock. It was good in it's early days but then it got tangled up with some pretty negative messages. Not that today's music is better; in a way it's worse. Musically, rock was exceptional but I never really liked the feel.Though I do like ACDC, Aerosmith, and Bon Jovi. Nickelback, they're sort of getting less "rocky" and I haven't heard much from Green Day lately.

Edited by Constructman

I'm a Christian, and I don't like Christian rock. Strange, I guess.Anyways, recently I've been listening to "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard a lot. Oh, and Aerosmith's new album "Music From Another Dimension" releases November 6th. That's probably not what most people are looking forward to on the 6th, but it looks pretty good (won't be getting it quite yet though, don't have much money right now).

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."