• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Matoran Traits & Such -- Plants?

Prefix Trait

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Plants Questions

Which suggested elemental prefix for Plants do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which suggested Matoran elemental trait do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,187 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 08:31 PM

NOTE: Although this was originally started as a Story Squad project, fan-canonization is not at this time being done due to Greg's situation. So these polls are (for now at least) merely for curiosity's sake -- what are the most popular of the suggestions that were made?Source post compiled by fishers64, suggestions by many BZPers. Quotes of original suggestion posts included there.fishers' summary:

Matoran of the Green (missing prefix and elemental trait )Suggestions:For Prefix: Bo-Matoran, Gre-Matoran, Vi-MatoranFor elemental trait: skills in cultivating plants, natural affinity for plants, causing plants to grow when around, enhanced reflexes, plant life growing in armor, enhanced senses, ability to manipulate plants (crossbreeding, etc), ability to tell things about plants like whether they are poisonous.

The fanon Expanded Multiverse will likely adopt whatever is chosen in these polls as EM-canon, subject to final call by Swert and myself. (In the case of prefix, the previously established ones, if different, may be considered alternates.) I would also suggest that fans consider treating the winners as "headcanon" to use in fanfics, though ultimately such decisions are up to each fanfic writer.Note: It is well-established already that the term "Green Thumb" is very popular for trait, however the exact definition of this term has never been universally agreed-on, so this poll is sort of to try to pin that down, though if you don't like the term that's fine too. If anyone has further thoughts on that you may offer them here in addition to the actual poll questions.

#2 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,372 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 09:05 PM

Vi- and other.I think perhaps photosynthesis, or immunity to any kind of plant derived poison. Like Poison Ivy from Batman.

#3 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 418 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think they should be called Pa-Matoran

ravens.jpg

Helping ~garnira returns~ on the Banners and Ravens for the win my friend

see his chima tribe banners here

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#4 Offline northmarch

northmarch
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 94 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2012 - 10:19 PM

Im ganna go with Bo-Matoran, though Flo (for flora) could be another option?I think realy enhanced refrexes is the most practical trait.

#5 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,079 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 02:55 AM

I liked Vi-Matoran. Bo-Matoran sounds too much like Ba-Matoran, and Gre-Matoran just sounds a little silly to me.I was torn between enhanced reflexes and natural affinity for plants, but I went with the reflexes one.Posted Image

t1scbanner.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the Avatar and signoff!

#6 Offline Sniper Joe

Sniper Joe
  • Members
  • Official Exploding Building Tester

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 03:43 AM

Vi-Matoran. Because Bo sounds stupid.

I AM LOS TIBURON! AND I AM... A LUCHA!

uuh.png

#7 Offline VeoiTheRascal

VeoiTheRascal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 84 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 10:37 AM

For the traits of Vi-Matoran maybe a longer life expectancy than the rest of the matoran population? I don't know.
Posted Image

#8 Offline The Hudson Hawk

The Hudson Hawk
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 312 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 10:47 AM

Vi- and other.I think perhaps photosynthesis, or immunity to any kind of plant derived poison. Like Poison Ivy from Batman.

Likewise. Any of those abilities would work, but I think photosynthesis tops all of them."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

EVERYBODY KNOWS WHEN THE COLD WIND BLOWS

IT'S THE HUDSON HAWK AGAIN!

LET IT RAIN, LET IT SNOW, LET THE COLD WIND BLOW,

IT'S THE HUDSON HAWK, MY FRIEND.

#9 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,554 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 04:01 PM

I think their natural ability should be to photosynthesise or have an immunity to poisons.

1896790_10153783795955408_94489998_n.jpg

That's not a skirt, girl, that's a sawn-off shotgun / 
And I can only hope you've got it aimed at me

#10 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,187 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 05:10 PM

Photosynthesis is impossible even for Toa of Plants, guys. ;) (Of course, that's still possible for fanfics, but we're taking a "would work for canon" approach here.)

#11 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,372 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 05:40 PM

Photosynthesis is impossible even for Toa of Plants, guys. ;) (Of course, that's still possible for fanfics, but we're taking a "would work for canon" approach here.)

In that case, resistance to botanical toxins.

#12 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have no opinion of the prefix for Matoran of plants.I would have liked if they could do photosynthesis but that has already been denied in the past. I don't think any of the suggested ideas work either. The elemental trait has to be something that fits in the with already established traits like extra strength. Skill or knowledge don't seem to fit with the trend. Enhanced reflexes or senses make the most sense to me out the of suggested ideas. But I would say something like they can see some forms of ultraviolet light or maybe just have one sense enhanced like De-Matoran have really good hearing. So to cut this short I would have to say I have no idea.

#13 Online Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,037 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm not too keen on any of the three given prefixes; they don't flow too well with me. Sadly I don't have any other suggestion that could be used.I voted for simple skill t cultivating plants, because anything else seems more like a special power or learned ability to me.

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated February 2014: Added new attacks for Toa of Iron, Plant Life and Psionics!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#14 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,373 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'd say Pu-Matoran or Pua-Matoran, both being connected with various Polynesian terms for flowers, and "skill at cultivating plants". They are the Earth Ponies of the BIONICLE universe! And besides, a "green thumb" ability really is the ability connected most closely with the element that still ends up sounding like a natural talent/skill (much like increased strength, limited night vision, or the ability to hold one's breath) rather than something superhuman and otherworldly.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#15 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2012 - 09:16 PM

Bo-Matoran with affinity for plants. That trait makes the most sense to me, like others have said about the 'green thumb', and I'm just used to calling them Bo-Matoran anyway. :lol:

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#16 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,519 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 12:29 AM

I'd go "Clo-" for the prefix, derived from "chlorophyll", or "Ve-" from "vegetation."

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#17 Offline Shaquille O'Kaithas

Shaquille O'Kaithas
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,816 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 11:14 PM

I like Ve-.Either enhanced reflexes or a better direction sense.

brokenmr.jpg

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock

#18 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 988 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 10:32 AM

Vi, and skill at growing plants. I think it fits. -TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"
"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

#19 Offline wolf66849

wolf66849
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 37 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 07:49 PM

When is the winner decided?

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

#20 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,272 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:01 PM

When is the winner decided?

I don't think there is a winner involved. This is just for curiosity.

#21 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 08:51 AM

In the first post he says there will be a winner and he urges us to use them as head-canon, which I think is awesome cause its about time these elements had prefixes.

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf

#22 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,187 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 09:12 AM

Well, I wasn't really planning on officially closing the polls at any point if that's what you're asking. I'd give it at least another month before being sure of the leaders now being the most popular. (And I guess we'll wait till at least then for EM-canon too.)

#23 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

• 7,370 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm all for the Ve- prefix, for several different reasons. (Vegetables!) And a natural affinity for plants seems more elementally connected to Plantlife rather then enhanced reflexes.

dresdencodak.jpg

#24 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 215 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 27 2012 - 11:14 AM

I went with Vi-, and voted for enhanced sences; essential in the wild.

Yeah I'm kinda

Not here

At all

http://chauvinistcab...deviantart.com/

I'm there though

Kinda

#25 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,280 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2012 - 08:27 PM

I voted for Vi, and said enhanced skill for cultivating plants.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users