Ask GregF A Question!

Im not sure if my questions have already been answered:1. Is Voporak able to use the Mask of Time or does he just keep it?2. Are the Dark Hunters still an active organisation or has the disappearance of The Shadowed One and Teridax' Reign destroyed them?

"The drums are coming closer"

Why hasn't bionicle made other Noble masks besides the noble hau from 2004? (and of course the toa metru's masks)
That question... has almost nothing to do with Greg. What gets made as sets is up to set designers (although officially, Greg has stated that Tanma, Solek, and Photok's masks are in the shapes of the noble Miru, Akaku, and Kakama, respectively).Also, there was no noble Hau in 2004, unless you're confusing it with the Kiril or referring only to Lhikan's noble Hau in the story. And in the latter case, the reason other noble masks haven't appeared prominently in story is probably just that there haven't been many Turaga with important roles in the story whatseover, which again is a consequence of the sets. From the beginning the sets have always dictated who the main characters for each story year have been. No Turaga sets, not much chance of Turaga having a starring role in the corresponding story year.

Also, there was no noble Hau in 2004, unless you're confusing it with the Kiril or referring only to Lhikan's noble Hau in the story. And in the latter case, the reason other noble masks haven't appeared prominently in story is probably just that there haven't been many Turaga with important roles in the story whatseover, which again is a consequence of the sets. From the beginning the sets have always dictated who the main characters for each story year have been. No Turaga sets, not much chance of Turaga having a starring role in the corresponding story year.
I think it's likely that there was a conscious choice not to focus on Turaga so much, so as not to overcomplicate the whole story and likely to avoid being too repetitive.Also, why wouldn't he be referring to Lhikan's Noble Hau? :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

1. Why did Teridax mostly use Heat Vision Rahkshi on Bara Magna? Wouldn't something like Shattering or Fragmentation be more effective for those purposes?2. Now that Matoran and Toa have brought their morals and ideals onto Spherus Magna, do Glatorian battles still exist? Would there be controversy over their morality?

aouROFb.png

Okay, My questions are:1. If an Av-matoran becomes a toa, are they garunteed to be toa of Light? Can they become toa of other elements as well? If they always become toa of light, why haven't we seen many of them?2. If Macku was a toa in The Melding Alternate Universe, Does that mean she has the potential to become a toa in the Main Universe?

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

2. If Macku was a toa in The Melding Alternate Universe, Does that mean she has the potential to become a toa in the Main Universe?
She never was a Toa in the Melding. It's just that in the Melding, Matoran are called "Toa" and Toa are called "Matoran".I don't think it was a well-thought out idea.
Not true the 'matoran' had powers there the 'toa' didn't

I'm back!

2. If Macku was a toa in The Melding Alternate Universe, Does that mean she has the potential to become a toa in the Main Universe?
She never was a Toa in the Melding. It's just that in the Melding, Matoran are called "Toa" and Toa are called "Matoran".I don't think it was a well-thought out idea.
Actually, it's that "Toa" were simply small in physical size, while "Matoran" were large. It helps to check BS01 for such things. :P From the Melding page:
On the Spherus Magna of this universe, the Great Beings here constructed the Matoran as large beings resembling the main universe's Toa so that they could perform the labor in villages. In contrast, the Toa were given the smaller stature of the main universe's Matoran for added agility. They were also granted Elemental Powers and the ability to use Kanohi.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Actually, it's that "Toa" were simply small in physical size, while "Matoran" were large. It helps to check BS01 for such things. :P From the Melding page:
On the Spherus Magna of this universe, the Great Beings here constructed the Matoran as large beings resembling the main universe's Toa so that they could perform the labor in villages. In contrast, the Toa were given the smaller stature of the main universe's Matoran for added agility. They were also granted Elemental Powers and the ability to use Kanohi.
I knew that for as I alsmost know full bs01 by heart I meant the same thing but my english is bad so Sometimes I have to say thing other because i don't know some words, but reading is fine

I'm back!

I see. Well, just to be clear, how you phrased it is the opposite of how it is. Melding "Toa" did have powers, while the Melding Matoran didn't.And also to be clear -- SkeletonMan's statement wasn't technically right either. Basically, Melding Toa were identical to main-universe Toa in every way, except that they were small.Sorry if this is redundant. :P

Yes tou're right I phrased it wrong I meant that the main matoran were given powers and so are called toa and otherwise for the toaSorry for my inabillity to form correct english senteces(i'm still on my third. Year english and our teacher is really bad)

I'm back!

I think I have some questions that haven't been answered yet.1) How does Malum shoot Thornax with the position of his launcher being on his upper arm, and also wearing claws that would seem to inhibit the possibility of manually firing it?2) Is there a name for the Glatorian species before the war? I recall seeing something that mentioned 'Glatorian' being used after the Core War, and they had a different species name.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I think I have a question that hasn't been answered yet.How does Malum shoot Thornax with the position of his launcher being on his upper arm, and also wearing claws that would seem to inhibit the possibility of manually firing it?
That's not much of a story question. Set-wise, the designers probably didn't give it much thought, since kids can fire it anyway; story-wise, he could conceivably have some sort of trigger on his claws that fires it remotely. I doubt even Greg's given it that much thought.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think I have a question that hasn't been answered yet.How does Malum shoot Thornax with the position of his launcher being on his upper arm, and also wearing claws that would seem to inhibit the possibility of manually firing it?
That's not much of a story question. Set-wise, the designers probably didn't give it much thought, since kids can fire it anyway; story-wise, he could conceivably have some sort of trigger on his claws that fires it remotely. I doubt even Greg's given it that much thought.
It may not be much of a question, but I would still like it answered. If it is not worth asking, then Erebus will not ask it. If it is, then it will be asked. It is not here to be rated by the general public on grounds of likeability.Besides, it is a story-related question that has not been answered in canon. I'd say that makes it a decent story question. The other Glatorian have their Thornax launchers either in their hands or attached to their weapons, so it seems oddly out of place to have it attached to his upper arm. Perhaps there is a reason for it. This is what I'd like to find out. Besides, I didn't really ask how children playing with the toy use it, I wanted to know how the character himself would canonically use it.And if people are allowed to ask Greg Farshtey about tiny, nearly invisible differences between the set and the movie versions, I don't see why asking how a character uses a weapon is any less deserving of a question. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Am I allowed to ask one more question if I only asked one question before, or does it all have to be in the one post?

Why hasn't bionicle made other Noble masks besides the noble hau from 2004? (and of course the toa metru's masks)
All the Av-Matoran and Shadow Matoran wore noble masks, and that gave us 6 new ones.
I mean the classic masks, like the miru, pikari, and akaku.
Miru and Akaku are part of the Av-Matoran Noble shapes, in case you're not aware. (I'm a bit confused as to what you're saying.) And Kakama.The only two of the 2001 Greats we don't have Nobles of are Pakari and Kaukau. :)As to why we don't have all six, well, the three Av-Matoran ones weren't planned by LEGO; they weren't assigned powers at all, until I came up with that idea and Greg canonized it. They didn't happen to make two others that would apply for it, so that's just how the cookie crumbles. :P

Tarix and Vastus both had launchers on the end of their weapons. While Vastus could possibly shift his grip to manually fire the launcher, Tarix would have to put one of his blades down to do this. Therefore we can assume that the Glatorian had developed a trigger like what Lyichir said.EDIT: Yes! Battling Makuta! Edited by Baron Von Nebula

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

It may not be much of a question, but I would still like it answered. If it is not worth asking, then Erebus will not ask it. If it is, then it will be asked. It is not here to be rated by the general public on grounds of likeability.Besides, it is a story-related question that has not been answered in canon. I'd say that makes it a decent story question. The other Glatorian have their Thornax launchers either in their hands or attached to their weapons, so it seems oddly out of place to have it attached to his upper arm. Perhaps there is a reason for it. This is what I'd like to find out. Besides, I didn't really ask how children playing with the toy use it, I wanted to know how the character himself would canonically use it.And if people are allowed to ask Greg Farshtey about tiny, nearly invisible differences between the set and the movie versions, I don't see why asking how a character uses a weapon is any less deserving of a question.
I wasn't trying to invalidate your question. I was just trying to warn you that Greg probably didn't have an answer, and if he had to come up with one it'd probably be something along the lines of the trigger idea (or simply state that the sets don't always represent how things appear in the story). I figured that since you only get two questions, you'd want to make the most of them by asking ones he'd be more likely to have answers to. I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Do you plan on continuing the serials one day?
I believe it has been said that Greg is interested in doing that, or some other similar wording- not a definite yes, but there's certainly a positive prospect of continuing the serials.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

So, we know what the Shadowed One is doing now, but that still leaves the question: what happened back on Xia to kill all those Vortixx and make him disappear?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Thanks for the info from GregF Erebus! I have a few more questions regarding the Red Star that I feel need to be addressed. Here they are:1) Why did Decoy Tuyet stay dead? Teridax and Matoro found her corpse 1000 years after her death, and for some reason she had not been teleported. Is it because she's from an alternate dimension, or because her body was shattered, or some other reason?2) Were the people in the MU aware of the Red Star's resurrection system when it was still working? Everyone we saw in the MU in the story reacted to death as if revival wasn't possible, but disappearing corpses would be hard to miss...3) What about the corpses found in The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet? Were they teleported, or something else? Also, we saw Rahi corpses all over the story, so were those Rahi never teleported for some reason, or something else?I'll add more if any come to mind. Thanks again, Erebus!

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351