Ask GregF A Question!

Is it safe to assume that the Agori and Glatorian species originate from one original species that diverged into these two over time ?Are the GBs natives to Spherus Magna, and if yes, are they related biologically to the Agori and/or Glatorian? If no, could you tell us where they come from?That is all.

//////

I know part of the answer to the second one. They are not native, because Annona describes how she was there before the Great Beings came to Spherus Magna.

Well, that doesn't necessarily mean that the Great Beings aren't native to the planet; it just means that they aren't the only things to have evolved there (which is already evident given the presence of Glatorian and Agori and the various creatures that live there in addition to Annona).

Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

What might happen if Teridax didn't kill all the Makuta?

Teridax killed the rest of the Makuta so no one could rival his power and so he could rule without any threat. Basically he was scared of being overthrown by the rest of Brotherhood for not giving them what he promised.

My Question: What would happen if he didn't?

Morally unambiguous.

Greg usually does not answer hypothetical question like those.Something that recently came up that I'd like to know:When a Matoran turns into a Toa, is their mask power dependent on residual power in their Matoran mask, or is it random? For example, a mix of Enlarge and Regeneration Kanoka result in a Hau. If one were to craft a powerless Matoran mask out of Enlarge and Regeneration disks, would the resulting mask become a Great Hau if the Matoran transformed?

What might happen if Teridax didn't kill all the Makuta?

Teridax killed the rest of the Makuta so no one could rival his power and so he could rule without any threat. Basically he was scared of being overthrown by the rest of Brotherhood for not giving them what he promised.

My Question: What would happen if he didn't?

I'm guessing some Makuta would have probably rebelled. Others could possibly stay loyal to Teridax like Gorast.

pewku.gif

Speaking of vague.. I would like to know a bit more of the Barraki's past. Are they all the same species, even though some origionally had abilities others didn't? Is their any more of their species, if they are a species? Are they at all assosiated with the element of their color? Is there anything else about their past that we can know? I just find the Barraki very interesting characters...

I think we would have more luck asking "What exactly happened?" kind of questions, rather than "What would have happened?" or "What will happen?" kind of questions.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Speaking of vague.. I would like to know a bit more of the Barraki's past. Are they all the same species, even though some origionally had abilities others didn't? Is their any more of their species, if they are a species? Are they at all assosiated with the element of their color? Is there anything else about their past that we can know? I just find the Barraki very interesting characters...
Ehlek is from his own species, that much we know, since the Order of Mata Nui gathered them and prepared them for fighting Makuta forces. They are aquatic, but they do not have electric spines like Ehlek's mutated form. This much info can be found via the serials and possibly earlier Greg answers (I got it via BS01), but we don't know anything in detail about the other Barraki. We know that Kalmah used to only have two eyes, and that Takadox had a hypnotic stare even before his mutation increased its power. Their pre-Pit shapes can only be guessed at. It would be nice to know a bit more about them, but their exact shapes might be speculation questions. Greg can't really answer that.

Actually all six come from "prime species" created by Mata Nui. He picked each one from those six species and held them responcible with ruling the universe. You can find more about their species in the "Unamed Species" page on BS01.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Ehlek is from his own species, that much we know, since the Order of Mata Nui gathered them and prepared them for fighting Makuta forces. They are aquatic, but they do not have electric spines like Ehlek's mutated form. This much info can be found via the serials and possibly earlier Greg answers (I got it via BS01), but we don't know anything in detail about the other Barraki. We know that Kalmah used to only have two eyes, and that Takadox had a hypnotic stare even before his mutation increased its power. Their pre-Pit shapes can only be guessed at. It would be nice to know a bit more about them, but their exact shapes might be speculation questions. Greg can't really answer that.

After a quick look at BS01, I did see that some of the Barraki are confirmed to be diffrent species. However, it also says that Mata Nui created the Barraki to bring peace, not to fight the Brotherhood, that was later. Nowhere does it say that they were "picked out", but that they were created for that one and only purpose. Mata Nui probably chose to make them different species with unique abilities for different millitary tactics.

Ok, here are the questions: Were the Barraki origionally created to be warlords, or just picked out from their species? Also, what was Mata Nui's reasoning behind making them the six warlords?

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

If the rough draft for graphic novel 10 still exists, and its not lost to the ages, is there any chance we can see it?

Greg only wrote one of the three stories for GN10 and sold it to Papercutz so he doesn't have rights over it anymore. (Unless they reverted back to him since then or something)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Ok, here are the questions: Were the Barraki origionally created to be warlords, or just picked out from their species? Also, what was Mata Nui's reasoning behind making them the six warlords?

The Barraki were meant to be the exact things that the Element Lords were meant to be: leaders of their people. In the case of the Barraki, they were probably supposed to rule over areas of land instead of different tribes. Their war with the Brotherhood started because of their greed for ultimate power.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

The Barraki were meant to be the exact things that the Element Lords were meant to be: leaders of their people. In the case of the Barraki, they were probably supposed to rule over areas of land instead of different tribes. Their war with the Brotherhood started because of their greed for ultimate power.

Well, I was really asking if Mata Nui created them as warlords, or if he chose them out of each of their species' population, and then made them warlords. Also, shouldn't have Mata Nui seen how greedy the Barraki were before he made them warlords?

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

Also, shouldn't have Mata Nui seen how greedy they were before he made them warlords?

Well, he also didn't pay enough attention to the Makuta - not until they made their move. It's also possible (as far as I know) that the Barraki just made up the whole background of being ordained by Mata Nui. But that's just baseless speculation, and assuming that's actually their origin, it's not unlike Mata Nui to overlook the ambitions and morals of the beings inside him.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Will the serials ever be finished? Can you give us the endings?

Edited by Vensai

twilight_toa_takanewva.gif

Gavla's Comics 4.0 Dark's Comics the 3rd Movie Bm-the Prequel Bionicle Star Wars Vezon the Were-Spinax Unity, Duty, Something

Credit to Rokroro for the banner. And credit to Golden Avohkii for the avatar

Check out this great epic: Toa Takua's Epicenter

Formerly "Takanuva Toa of Twilight"

Will the serials ever be finished? Can you give us the endings?

Since there's a possibility that Greg will revisit them, no, I don't think he'd do that. Also kind of an unreasonable question, but that's just me.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

1. Did the Great Beings have any connections to Ussanui's design?2. What did Takanuva do with his find on the last entry of his blog?-Tomdroidser

Well it's a really hard question to answer. I'm just gonna answer you 2nd question. Well after his last entry, he escaped the Makutaverse along with Tahu and helped him retrieve the Golden Armor.

1. Did the Great Beings have any connections to Ussanui's design?2. What did Takanuva do with his find on the last entry of his blog?-Tomdroidser

Well it's a really hard question to answer. I'm just gonna answer you 2nd question. Well after his last entry, he escaped the Makutaverse along with Tahu and helped him retrieve the Golden Armor.
I think he was asking what Takanuva used it for, not where he went. ;)

but their spirits

1) When Vakama faced down Makuta in Time Trap, was he bluffing or not about destroying the Mask of Time. I consider this to be unlikely because Makuta has the power to read minds, and I would think Teridax would not allow himself to be bluffed.

Well, I think he wasn't if he was bluffing Teridax should have read his mind and let him do it.

1) When Vakama faced down Makuta in Time Trap, was he bluffing or not about destroying the Mask of Time. I consider this to be unlikely because Makuta has the power to read minds, and I would think Teridax would not allow himself to be bluffed.

Well, I think he wasn't if he was bluffing Teridax should have read his mind and let him do it.

But as was discussed in the topic that brought that question up, we were given this section from Makuta's point of view, and he clearly did not use mind reading. Therefore, Vakama could have been bluffing, and probably was.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But as was discussed in the topic that brought that question up, we were given this section from Makuta's point of view, and he clearly did not use mind reading. Therefore, Vakama could have been bluffing, and probably was.

Why would Terry NOT using telepathy in that situation?

Why would Terry NOT using telepathy in that situation?

Well, if you were in a battle with your enemy, you had him basically cornered and he threatened to destroy something as important like Time. Would you risk that split second and try to see if he was bluffing?Teridax had too much to lose to risk it.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

I got a new question, who is the mysterious assassin that's been killing famous bad guys.
Confirmed to be Velika.

If Velika helped the Toa Inika find the Toa Nuva, why didn't he just kill the Toa Nuva and his friends when he had the chance and then kill the Toa Inika?

If Velika helped the Toa Inika find the Toa Nuva, why didn't he just kill the Toa Nuva and his friends when he had the chance and then kill the Toa Inika?
Because they had not yet fulfilled their purpose. If he went around killing them before they saved and awakened Mata Nui, Velika would have destroyed the entire project. The Great Beings needed Mata Nui to reunite their shattered planet, and he can't do that if he's dead or in a coma.Now that the robot has done its job and the MU inhabitants are flooding out onto Spherus Magna, we can judge from things like Marendar, the Baterra and Velika's actions that at least some of the Great Beings fear what damage their high-powered creations could do if left alive.

What is the current status of the Vahi? Will it play any role in the story?

""Once long ago, a Toa had donned the Ignika and lost his life to save the universe. That Toa had tried to be brave, but there was fear in his heart and he met his end with fear and regret. The Ignika sensed none of this in Matoro - only a will and determination that rivaled even that of Mata Nui himself." "

rsz_1matoro_banner.jpg

Two questions, of the many that I have.

1.) Would it be possible for a skilled inventor such as Nuparu to reverse engineer a suit of Rahkshi armor so that it was completely robotic, and therefore capable of being programmed to serve someone other than Makuta? If so, then would the said Rahkshi retain any powers it had before being made completely robotic?

2.) Do SM males and females have the same, err… physical differentiations between genders as humans do?

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

Edited by X-Ray

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

1.) Would it be possible for a skilled inventor such as Nuparu to reverse engineer a suit of Rahkshi armor so that it was completely robotic, and therefore capable of being programmed to serve someone other than Makuta? If so, then would the said Rahkshi retain any powers it had before being made completely robotic?

2.) Do SM males and females have the same, err… physical differentiations between genders as humans do?

I might be able to answer #1.

If I remember correctly, the Rahkshi are suits of armor controlled by Kratta. And it is the Kratta that give it the powers. i.e. A Rahkshi of heat vision has a Kratta of heat vision. So if someone like Nuparu did reverse engineer it (pretty awesome) then he would have to find some artificial way to install powers.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Guest CharlemagneXVI

I have always wondered why Teridax thought it would be a great idea to trap Mata Nui's spirit inside the most powerful object in the universe.

I have always wondered why Teridax thought it would be a great idea to trap Mata Nui's spirit inside the most powerful object in the universe.

I figured it was so that he could dispose of both easily. Two birds with one stone, or two powerful objects with one space ejection, if you will.

but their spirits

I figured it was so that he could dispose of both easily. Two birds with one stone, or two powerful objects with one space ejection, if you will.

Yeah, if he kept the Ignika, it would have gone black and ended all MU existence, including himself. If he kept Mata Nui, he probably would have found a way to get control again. Like Chro said; two birds, one stone.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

And to be fair, Teridax also detected that the mask had actually landed somewhere rather than being lost in space, and then he went after Mata Nui again to curb-stomp him. If it weren't for the extra robot lying around, Teridax could just have stepped on the mask in the desert or made certain to gravity-fling it into a sun next time.

#2: Yeah, they do. They're basically mammals, I believe.

Here's my credo. There are no good guns, there are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people.