Ask GregF A Question!

• 3 weeks later...

Also, there was no noble Hau in 2004, unless you're confusing it with the Kiril or referring only to Lhikan's noble Hau in the story. And in the latter case, the reason other noble masks haven't appeared prominently in story is probably just that there haven't been many Turaga with important roles in the story whatseover, which again is a consequence of the sets. From the beginning the sets have always dictated who the main characters for each story year have been. No Turaga sets, not much chance of Turaga having a starring role in the corresponding story year.

I think it's likely that there was a conscious choice not to focus on Turaga so much, so as not to overcomplicate the whole story and likely to avoid being too repetitive.Also, why wouldn't he be referring to Lhikan's Noble Hau? :P

The reason I ask is because I had some cool disigns I wanted to show him.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

• 3 weeks later...

Greg usually does not answer hypothetical question like those.Something that recently came up that I'd like to know:When a Matoran turns into a Toa, is their mask power dependent on residual power in their Matoran mask, or is it random? For example, a mix of Enlarge and Regeneration Kanoka result in a Hau. If one were to craft a powerless Matoran mask out of Enlarge and Regeneration disks, would the resulting mask become a Great Hau if the Matoran transformed?

I believe so. It matters on the power(which is shielding) of the mask; not its shape. So you can make a Hau using Enlarge and Regeneration disks and shape it like a Huna, let's just say, and when the Matoran wearing it becomes a Toa the power of the mask is shielding.

I believe so. It matters on the power(which is shielding) of the mask; not its shape. So you can make a Hau using Enlarge and Regeneration disks and shape it like a Huna, let's just say, and when the Matoran wearing it becomes a Toa the power of the mask is shielding.

I don't think he was wondering whether the shape had an effect, but whether or not it was random (which I don't think it is).

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

*What happened to the Toa Mahri after they became follower of the GSB?

* Is the Golden skinned beings name really the Golden skinned being? Or to the Skakdi have another name for it?

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

ok here are my 2 questions

1. Ok i actually have a suggestion for Canonization. My suggestion is the Bo-Matoran could manifest their element by Promoting a small amount of plant growth. Like if you had a whole village of Bo-Matoran it would seem like they have been taking care of there plants?
  2. My second question is If a Kraata infects a mask on Spherus-Magna would that matoran be under any control since there are no evil makuta anymore?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

* Is the Golden skinned beings name really the Golden skinned being? Or to the Skakdi have another name for it?

I think he had a name, but he lost the list and forgot the name, or something... :/

ur howlyness

> lolwut

but their spirits

Could a Makuta reabsorb the essence of a Kraata, and if they could, could they do it to maintain their essence if they were outside of a container? If so, would it mean they could potentially siphon off part of their essence (not enough that it would harm them) and hide it somewhere, and in the case of an emergency put a lot of Kraata into it so that if their "main" self was killed they would effectually have a clone? I realize that these are hypothetical questions, but if Makuta did have these powers it could have some interesting consequences.

I realize that these are hypothetical questions, but if Makuta did have these powers it could have some interesting consequences.

Ah, all of these Teridax survival theories... XD

-What would the virus used to make the Skakdi what they are today do if it was used on a different being, say a Toa, and why didn't Spiriah ask for the Brotherhood of Makuta to try it on them instead of trying it on peaceful race like the Skakdi, as Toa are much more powerful?

-Are Kanohi/Kanoka magic or technology or a bit of both?

-Why didn't somebody like Tren Krom or Artahka at least try stop Karzahni once he went mad? After all, he was wasting Matoran.

I can answer a few... Spiriah didn't ask them because they didn't approve of it, if I remember correctly. I think it's pretty certain that Kanoka and Kanohi are just very very advanced tech. And I'd think that Krom wouldn't, and Artahka likely did try, or couldn't for some reason.

but their spirits

-What would the virus used to make the Skakdi what they are today do if it was used on a different being, say a Toa, and why didn't Spiriah ask for the Brotherhood of Makuta to try it on them instead of trying it on peaceful race like the Skakdi, as Toa are much more powerful?

-Why didn't somebody like Tren Krom or Artahka at least try stop Karzahni once he went mad? After all, he was wasting Matoran.

I can answer a few... Spiriah didn't ask them because they didn't approve of it, if I remember correctly. I think it's pretty certain that Kanoka and Kanohi are just very very advanced tech. And I'd think that Krom wouldn't, and Artahka likely did try, or couldn't for some reason.

Oh, should I edit my comment and get rid of those questions, then, or just leave it be?

Herro there, person.

How are you?

-How did the Great Beings discover Spherus Magna? Did they create it or was somebody already living on it?

-Was Mata Nui a sapient being or just a computer program?

-Is the Mask of Life a sapient being?

Okay, guess that's all.

1. Unknown how they discovered it, but it was already inhabited by the Agori, Glatorian, and Annona at least.

2. Spiriah was the Makuta of Zakaz, the homeland of Skakdi. He probably didn't personally have jurisdiction to experiment on inhabitants of other lands. Spiriah wanted attention and prestige by making the Brotherhood an awesome army, and this would have been lessened if he just suggested an idea for others to carry out. Anyways, since the Skakdi-army-idea obviously didn't work out, the rest of the Brotherhood was able to dump all the blame on Spiriah.

4. Yes

6. Tren Krom was glued to his island, and both Artahka and Karzahni seem to be isolated and not know much about what's going on outside their own realms.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Well I do have one question.When Toa who were once Matoran go to the Red Star do they get 'revived' as Toa or are they brought back to Matoran forum also when Jalla was 'killed' in MOL by Teridax was he sent up to the Red Star and teleported back down by Takutanuva? Or was he not because they where on Mata-Nui at the timetime

BZPRPG Characters

Tahmira

I realize that these are hypothetical questions, but if Makuta did have these powers it could have some interesting consequences.

Ah, all of these Teridax survival theories... XD

It has already been confirmed that he's not coming back, so I doubt he would have done this. I could see someone like Kojol doing it though, and it would open up a lot of fan fiction possibilities.

also when Jalla was 'killed' in MOL by Teridax was he sent up to the Red Star and teleported back down by Takutanuva? Or was he not because they where on Mata-Nui at the timetime

Jaller was never sent to the Red Star, but was instead revived by Takutanuva. Actually, another question: do Matoran names have meaning beyond the individual they refer to (for example, does a name like "Vakama" mean something as a word)? And if so, due to the similarity between their names and their respective prefixes (not to mention they were created and deemed important by the Great Beings), are the Toa Mata's names references to their elements (so that, for example, "Tahu" means "fire" or a poetic term relating to fire)?

Edited by Infrared

Actually, another question: do Matoran names have meaning beyond the individual they refer to (for example, does a name like "Vakama" mean something as a word)? And if so, due to the similarity between their names and their respective prefixes (not to mention they were created and deemed important by the Great Beings), are the Toa Mata's names references to their elements (so that, for example, "Tahu" means "fire" or a poetic term relating to fire)?

We have had confirmation that in-story, the Toa Mata were named after the terms used for their elements. They did not name Ta-Metru after Tahu, for example, but rather Ta- is the general prefix for "fire" in the Matoran language.From the writer's point of view, "tahu" is actually a Maori term for "fire", and Tahu was named after the Maori word like many other things back then. Ta-Koro etc. are naturally named based on the same word.

Actually, another question: do Matoran names have meaning beyond the individual they refer to (for example, does a name like "Vakama" mean something as a word)? And if so, due to the similarity between their names and their respective prefixes (not to mention they were created and deemed important by the Great Beings), are the Toa Mata's names references to their elements (so that, for example, "Tahu" means "fire" or a poetic term relating to fire)?

We have had confirmation that in-story, the Toa Mata were named after the terms used for their elements. They did not name Ta-Metru after Tahu, for example, but rather Ta- is the general prefix for "fire" in the Matoran language.From the writer's point of view, "tahu" is actually a Maori term for "fire", and Tahu was named after the Maori word like many other things back then. Ta-Koro etc. are naturally named based on the same word.

Does that mean the word "Ta" (not being used as a prefix) means "fire," though, or can it only be applied as a prefix?

My question: We have seen Kanohi, like the Ignika and Zatth, affect/work on Spherus Magna inhabitants. It has also been confirmed that Kanohi Nuva powers can be shared with SM inhabitants. So can SM inhabitants themselves use Kanohi? Might it possibly be limited to the five Glatorian who now have elemental powers?

In addition to my pit mutagen question a while back, did the shadow Matoran of Karda-Nui originally have the same noble masks before they were transformed into shadow Matoran? They seem like unlikely mask choices for Av-Matoran because of how immoral they are and their association with Makuta, even if they are powerless.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

My question: We have seen Kanohi, like the Ignika and Zatth, affect/work on Spherus Magna inhabitants. It has also been confirmed that Kanohi Nuva powers can be shared with SM inhabitants. So can SM inhabitants themselves use Kanohi? Might it possibly be limited to the five Glatorian who now have elemental powers?

No; the Kanohi only can be activated by MU inhabitants (even the Great Beings cannot use a Kanohi mask, except Velika with his Matoran body)

Edited by The_Didact
didact.jpg

Regarding Jaller and the Red Star, I think the better question would be 'besides the red star not technically existing in the story at the time, why WASN'T he teleported there after he died?'

For another question...I guess I'd like to know why the Vahi has so much influence over time in the MU if it was made thousands upon thousands of years after the MU was completed. I mean, if damaged or broken it can severely mess up time throughout the MU, but how does it manage to have such a widespread effect if, unlike the Ignika and Mask of Creation, it wasn't made by the GBs themselves for the MU.

Then again, time powers are incredibly complex so my question is invalid.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's asked this, but will we ever be given the names for the kanohi which as of yet still don't have one (Mask of Creation, Mask of Adaptation, Mask of Biomechanics, etc)?Hm, anything I'm missing...Out of curiosity, are there any rahi species known to be extinct or 'endangered'? That seems like an interesting topic for the Onu-Metru archives, if they weren't destroyed.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

For another question...I guess I'd like to know why the Vahi has so much influence over time in the MU if it was made thousands upon thousands of years after the MU was completed. I mean, if damaged or broken it can severely mess up time throughout the MU, but how does it manage to have such a widespread effect if, unlike the Ignika and Mask of Creation, it wasn't made by the GBs themselves for the MU.

Then again, time powers are incredibly complex so my question is invalid.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's asked this, but will we ever be given the names for the kanohi which as of yet still don't have one (Mask of Creation, Mask of Adaptation, Mask of Biomechanics, etc)?Hm, anything I'm missing...

We've discussed the Vahi a lot recently. To sum it up to the best of my understanding, it has such a significant effect because the MU is a contained environment with its own time systems, and the Vahi is like a "key" for that. You could argue that the time ran fine before it was made, and it did, but I suppose it could have to do with destiny...? Like, the Vahi was destined to be created as the "time control item", so there wasn't one before that. Just how I see it.

As for those others, many of them were created (or at least named) by people on BZP, so if there were not going to be any names at first, I doubt there were more recently.

but their spirits

Although the two heroes investigating the murders, Kopaka and Pohatu, had recently vanished, he was not overly concerned. They would turn up eventually. The plan required it.

In the same way, the sight of Toa Lewa being dragged off by nature-loving Agori was at best a minor obstacle. If need be, he would effect a rescue in some indirect way before the Toa of Air could get into any real jeopardy. The Toa Mata were too important to have their lives sacrificed needlessly. Oh, they would die, eventually, but it would be at a time of his choosing.

What would determine the time that Velika chooses for the Toa to die?

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

For another question...I guess I'd like to know why the Vahi has so much influence over time in the MU if it was made thousands upon thousands of years after the MU was completed. I mean, if damaged or broken it can severely mess up time throughout the MU, but how does it manage to have such a widespread effect if, unlike the Ignika and Mask of Creation, it wasn't made by the GBs themselves for the MU. Then again, time powers are incredibly complex so my question is invalid.

Simplest answer is that if it gets broken, then it releases so much time energy into the area that it distorts it pretty much forever. Time shifting so much would mean that there is always a past that is present from which new time energy can enter the vortex, and so it becomes an infinite loop of chaos. The energy would also be likely to enter the main robot's systems and mess with them as well.Destroying the Vahi outside the robot wouldn't screw up anything beyond the blast radius, but I think we can say that there would still be a giant time vortex in that location.

Im hoping maybe someone else can answer my question. It it possible there could be more Matoran elements we dont know about? Like Bones said in another thread, ones like Crystal, Void and Acid?

I'm pretty sure it is possible, because there are a lot of undiscovered areas in the MU and on different islands in the MU there are probably a variety of Matoran types. For example, Voya Nui was on the Southern Continent and in 2006 we only know about some Matoran but in 2009 we found out there was a De-Koro(Matoran of Sonics) and a Ba-Koro(Gravity).

I also said in that thread that Greg turned down the canonizing of any more elements. No, we have the complete list now.

It's possible the GBs made other elements wherever they now are, but not in the MU nor in the normal society of SM.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

What is the fate of Lesovikk's team? They were killed long before the Red Star system broke down, so were they revived and teleported back, and if so, why didn't Lesovikk find them? Or were they permanently killed by the Zyglak, seeing as they have disintegration spears?

If a body is shattered, is totally crushed, or lost only partially disintegrated, can the owner be revived?

In the days when the Red Star worked, was everyone aware of the revival system and aware that in order to permanently kill someone you need to destroy them?

The Kestora have been murdering a lot of revived people again, according to the serial. Did they do so to keep the amount of people in the Red Star constant?

Can any MU inhabitants killed on Bara Magna have the potential to be revived, or not?

If the Ignika countdown that was meant to end the Matoran Universe had reached zero, would everyone have died, only to be revived by the star, or would they stay dead? It doesn't seem to make much sense for the GBs to make a countdown whose purpose could be nullified by another of their own creations.

Does Marendar's method of killing involve murdering Toa in a way that would render them permanently dead so that they can't come back? Again, I don't see why the GBs would create a Toa-killing machine if another of their creations could undo that.

There are multiple reference to burials in the BIONICLE books. Was it still done y some people in parts of the MU?

Yeah, they're all about the RS, but there a lot of mysteries surrounding it that should be clarified.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351