Ask GregF A Question!

Exactly, what is this giant beast created by the Skakdi in Reign of Shadows i believe called? What is the purpose of this beast?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

You can try, but chances are he won't answer them because he is still interested in continuing the serials one day.
Are you saying, chances are he's still interested, or has he told you he is still interested?So should we basically assume that the Big Questions about possible future serial story are best avoided, and asking for refined details about past story is what you're after? That's the impression I got from your examples (otherwise the examples confuse me :P).Anywho, it's very hard to limit it to about two. I could list hundreds... So instead I'll just pick two random ones that I've been wondering lately (and haven't seen already asked here) and live with it. :P1) Any chance we could get a description of Marendar? Size, basic shape, maybe color(s)? (Please say it isn't just humanoid. :P) What about power(s)?2) Am I correct to understand that the safest way for Teridax to destroy the Ignika and Mata Nui was what he attempted -- eject at first, then after getting used to his new body, go to whichever planet it landed on and destroy all of that with a black hole as he flies away? That this wasn't just a random choice among many that he could have done, but the best option possible?And then I guess, if I'm allowed a followup:3) If that had succeeded, would the life energy that the Ignika would release turn the resulting black hole alive? Or would this actually destroy that energy? (I'd presume the latter, at least with Earth physics, but it's Bionicle, so who knows?)
Just one...1. Are A Thousand Years Untold 2 results canon ? (according to bonesiii they are, but BS01 doesn't seem to be of the same opinion)
Just to reiterate, BS01 accepts the canonicity of the previous S&T contest winners, which were canonized the exact same way as that one. It's Greg who said the results would be canon, not me. So yes, they are. :) I'm just passing on Greg's word on it.Basically someone should point this out to them, I've been meaning to but I keep forgetting to take the time for it lol. That said, if we were to do anything productive with Greg, and consistent, it would be to ask him to read all the winning S&T contest entries from all such contests. Pretty sure he won't have time anytime soon. :shrugs:I'm also curious re: LewaLew's question:4) If Vakama wasn't bluffing about destroying the Vahi, would Greg still consider that the best alternative? That giving the Vahi to Makuta, as far as Vakama could be pretty sure of, would be much worse? (Since apparently it wouldn't kill people, nor freeze all time, but create weird time looping type effects.) Sorry if this is too many questions, though.If it must be just two per person, use the ones I numbered as the first two as for my fanfic purposes those are what come to mind the most at the moment.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You can try, but chances are he won't answer them because he is still interested in continuing the serials one day.
Basically someone should point this out to them, I've been meaning to but I keep forgetting to take the time for it lol. That said, if we were to do anything productive with Greg, and consistent, it would be to ask him to read all the winning S&T contest entries from all such contests. Pretty sure he won't have time anytime soon. :shrugs:
Correct me if I'm wrong or misinformed, but I'm pretty sure BS01's stance on the issue is that they're not willing to accept the canonicity of the results for S&T Contest 6 because those ones specifically weren't read by Greg. They're worried that Greg might've found something wrong in the winning entries (not necessarily factual errors but a matter of how Greg views things; he might have disagreed with a certain character's protrayal, for example). I don't think BS01 will be willing to include the winning entries in the wiki until they're read by Greg.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Basically someone should point this out to them, I've been meaning to but I keep forgetting to take the time for it lol. That said, if we were to do anything productive with Greg, and consistent, it would be to ask him to read all the winning S&T contest entries from all such contests. Pretty sure he won't have time anytime soon. :shrugs:
Correct me if I'm wrong or misinformed, but I'm pretty sure BS01's stance on the issue is that they're not willing to accept the canonicity of the results for S&T Contest 6 because those ones specifically weren't read by Greg. They're worried that Greg might've found something wrong in the winning entries (not necessarily factual errors but a matter of how Greg views things; he might have disagreed with a certain character's protrayal, for example). I don't think BS01 will be willing to include the winning entries in the wiki until they're read by Greg.
From what it sounds like, that's how they did the first ATYU and those stories are on the site.EDIT: Also, happy to hear that I read Erebus's statement about the names list wrong. Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

After the destruction of Daxia, by what means Hakann, Vezok, Thok, Avak and Reidak have joined Zakaz ?
I can answer this for you. All five of them, along with a Zyglak, a Vortixx, a member of Krekka's species, and

Zaktan

were all fused together by energized photodermis into a Golden Being. (The Fusion doesn't have an actual name.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

i have to admit that when it comes to the bionicle universe one of the things that have intrigued me the most is the like ecosystem of it and my questions are involving those1. Can plants from the matoran universe be transplanted to Spherus Magna such as the Bula berry plant or even the Daikau and actually survive?2. Since the matoran universe is no longer operational will the actual pieces of it be used by the inhabitants of Spherus Magna to build or will it end up similar to the previously blown up prototype robot where it just became part of the landscape? like example would they use the metal on the out side of the matoran universe to build new shelters.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Are you saying, chances are he's still interested, or has he told you he is still interested?So should we basically assume that the Big Questions about possible future serial story are best avoided, and asking for refined details about past story is what you're after? That's the impression I got from your examples (otherwise the examples confuse me :P).
That's a good question. I asked GregF your question and he said any question is fine.And about the number of questions you have... I don't mind if you in particular ask a few more than 2. :)

jlovfkk.jpg

From what it sounds like, that's how they did the first ATYU and those stories are on the site.
That's correct. It would be better for Greg to read them, but he never made it a requirement for them to be canon. What makes them canon is that he says so. :) Also, there are varying portrayals of other characters' personalities and the like across other canon media by various authors already, like Hapka or the semi-canon MNOG (which Greg said he didn't play entirely) etc. all of which are referenced. If that alone is the concern, then a note could simply be added in a trivia section about all the S&T entries that they did not get a final check by Greg at this time.Also, keep in mind we put these entries through a more rigorous check with judges and (for all but Memoirs, in which our rules have been much more strict) checking anything possibly questionable with Greg than pretty much any other canon that he didn't write. Portrayals of characters are a major part of what we checked for as well. :)
Are you saying, chances are he's still interested, or has he told you he is still interested?So should we basically assume that the Big Questions about possible future serial story are best avoided, and asking for refined details about past story is what you're after? That's the impression I got from your examples (otherwise the examples confuse me :P).
That's a good question. I asked GregF your question and he said any question is fine.And about the number of questions you have... I don't mind if you in particular ask a few more than 2. :)
Well, if I may stretch it a little more, then ( :P), here's two more I had thought of but cut:5) Could we get a basic idea of Velika's life in the MU before being sent to Karzahni? Did he for example personally know Tren Krom as some theorized? What was his strategy of "observing", and was it intentional that he got damaged to go to Karzahni?6) Any info on what he did before going into the MU, like what GB projects he worked on? Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Rats! Only two questions. Well here are two that have kind of bugged me,1. What has/will Voporak done/do since he stole the vahi?2. Is/what way is there to save the Mahri from the golden skinned being?

Edited by Jaller1234567890

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

Something that hasn't really been explained very well is the nature of Karzahni (not the being, his land). One common misconception, which I think is at least partially caused by the way its page is worded on BS01, is that the realm of Karzahni encompasses an entire island: technically, "Karzahni" itself is just a canyon. However, both the Matoran Universe map and "Deep Shadows" (a winner of the A Thousand Years Untold 2 contest) seem to allude to the fact that it's an island, with the latter mentioning a sea and a coast. In addition, it was mentioned here that boats could have been used to take the Matoran of Karzahni to Metru Nui, although Jaller and his group had to go by land to get there; however, it could be that the routes were too dangerous for the Matoran, they were too long due to the nature of the Matoran's mission, or new/better water routes were opened up by Gali's Nova Blast. To quote bonesiii:

What we don't know ... is if you can sail around Karzahni in its own dome between somewhere else and Metru Nui (meaning it's an island) or if you'd have to use one of the theorized tunnels in the neck tubes to do that (meaning it's not an island).
We know that Karzahni's surrounding area has a peninsula and that it has at least one sea; what we don't know, however, is whether or not it is on an island. Is Karzahni situated on an island, meaning that the Matoran Universe map portrays the island itself, or it the situation more similar (or identical to) bonesiii's theory, meaning that the map portrays the canyon?Thank you very much for this opportunity, Erebus, and please extend thank yous to Greg as well. :)

Well first question is what has happened to the toa mahri? Can there be a toa team of 15?(by that i mean fire, water, air, earth, stone, ice, lightning, magnatism, plasma, gravity, sonics, lights, plantlife, psionics, iron) and lastly can bionicle be given to another company so they can continue the legacy? because i have one in mind who love bionicle like the fans do.

Can there be a toa team of 15?(by that i mean fire, water, air, earth, stone, ice, lightning, magnatism, plasma, gravity, sonics, lights, plantlife, psionics, iron)
Yes, there can. A team is just a group of people that decide to work together. If someone felt the need to organize one with a Toa of each element (which has obvious practical benefit), they could do so.

Yeah, one question for now. Regarding a recent contest "Memoirs of the dead", Greg was never specfically asked at the time which dead characters. We are only to assume that we can only use dead characters from the Matoran universe. Considering Greg is now contactable, for the sake of the contest, are we allowed to use dead characters from Bara/Spherus Magna?

...and lastly can bionicle be given to another company so they can continue the legacy? because i have one in mind who love bionicle like the fans do.
Greg would have no control over that, since he doesn't own Bionicle or its associated copyrights and trademarks. But I can answer that: Yes, but no. Lego could conceivably transfer the rights to Bionicle to some other company, but they never would. All it would do is create a competitor to Lego's still-running lines like Hero Factory. And Lego would want to hold the rights to Bionicle close to their chest anyway, since it's so closely associated with their brand.What company were you thinking of, anyway? I can't think of any which would be interested in a defunct toyline. If Lego couldn't maintain its success, what company could?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, one question for now. Regarding a recent contest "Memoirs of the dead", Greg was never specfically asked at the time which dead characters. We are only to assume that we can only use dead characters from the Matoran universe. Considering Greg is now contactable, for the sake of the contest, are we allowed to use dead characters from Bara/Spherus Magna?
Good idea, should have thought of that. Erebus, if you're gonna ask this, just FTR, the entry period is currently set to end in two weeks, so that would need to be decided now.Unless of course I was to give an extension. :shrugs:

Good idea, should have thought of that. Erebus, if you're gonna ask this, just FTR, the entry period is currently set to end in two weeks, so that would need to be decided now.Unless of course I was to give an extension. :shrugs:
If you're going to possibly allow characters dead now, you might want to address the Red Star issue with characters like Mavrah (and presumably others) still being alive.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

If you're going to possibly allow characters dead now, you might want to address the Red Star issue with characters like Mavrah (and presumably others) still being alive.
I would set the latest allowed "now" time of the contest before that reveal, so it won't play a role. Edited by bonesiii

1. What was Gregs plan with Marendar? As in, was it to have him kill a few toa then get destroyed or something else? (I do have another question, but I want to wait a few days to see if I think of a better one.)

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

What happened with the Barakki - Dark Hunter alliance?
I seem to remember reading somewhere that after TSO disappeared, the Barraki carried out the advance anyway but were defeated.
Pridak had struck a deal with the leader of the Dark Hunters, who would unleash the viruses at his disposal against Teridax, and afterward the new armies of the Barraki would strike against the Makuta. However, it seemed to Pridak that the Shadowed One had failed, so he decided to march to Metru Nui anyway. Before the Barraki's armies could reach Metru Nui, Teridax was defeated. The Barraki began to lead their armies outside of the Matoran Universe to the Spherus Magna planet. When Mata Nui sent waves of life on the Bara Magna desert, the Barraki's mutations were reversed.

1. Will you ever tell us the Shadowed one's real name?1b. If the answer is "yes", then what is it?
I can answer this. I asked this before so that he can use the name for the Golden Fusion, but GregF doesn't remember the name. So even if does remember it, the answer will always be no.

jlovfkk.jpg

1. Are the Matoran who became Toa in the Kingdom still destined to become Toa in the core universe?2. If there are more Av-Matoran destined to become Toa than any Matoran of any other element, why is there only one Toa of Light in the entire universe?

I miss BIONICLE.

...and lastly can bionicle be given to another company so they can continue the legacy? because i have one in mind who love bionicle like the fans do.
Greg would have no control over that, since he doesn't own Bionicle or its associated copyrights and trademarks. But I can answer that: Yes, but no. Lego could conceivably transfer the rights to Bionicle to some other company, but they never would. All it would do is create a competitor to Lego's still-running lines like Hero Factory. And Lego would want to hold the rights to Bionicle close to their chest anyway, since it's so closely associated with their brand.What company were you thinking of, anyway? I can't think of any which would be interested in a defunct toyline. If Lego couldn't maintain its success, what company could?
Well i ment someone who would write more into the story of bionicle, and maybe make a few movies for it. And i have a friend who is is intrested in bionicle and wouldnt mind keeping the story going with books movies etc. he has a entertainment company he owns.

All right, here's my question (not sure if it has been asked (and answered) before; if so, please give me the link to the answer)."Why did Makuta Teridax help the Skakdi to create the Gold Skinned Skakdi Fusion at all?"EDIT:"Could there possibly be an evil Toa of Life?"

Edited by aljarreau

Why hasn't bionicle made other Noble masks besides the noble hau from 2004? (and of course the toa metru's masks)
All the Av-Matoran and Shadow Matoran wore noble masks, and that gave us 6 new ones.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

If it would be alright, I'd like to add one more question that I'm fairly certain wasn't addressed yet.Did Teridax know about the Red Star's "restoration" functionality and what it's limits were? We know that the Kestora can only restore beings if the body is mostly intact, so if someone were incinerated by the Energy Storms, they couldn't be restored. If yes to the first part of my question, did Teridax use that knowledge to completely eliminate the possibility of those Makuta ever returning to possibly threaten his rule?signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~