Crunchyn

This was a request from Toa Kaithas to draw his BZPRPG character, er, Kaithas

:P

The mask is a Great Huna. I took some inspiration from the movie version of the Metru Toa and also the piston arms and joints from my previous drawings. Still having trouble on how to design the legs though. The color I have originally for Kaithas was a blue-green, turns out the forest green that was requested wasn't blue-green but more yellow-green, Ouch. So I fixed that with the yellow marker. Color mixing on the paper!

Medium: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Photoshop

kaithasfinal3.png_thumb.jpg

WIP Pictures:

Thanks for looking!

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

AWESOME!Now for some actual commentaryI really liked how you drew that picture. It has a human feel yet at the same time it holds true to the mechanical nature of the MU beings. The only thing I've noticed about it is the shape of the huna. At first glance it sorta looked weird. But overall, very good.

Edited by Constructman

You did a great job on this one, Crunchy! The way you incorporate a smooth, flexible style while still keeping the memorable set style is really amazing. The way the legs fit together is impressive, as well as the extensive detail on the sword and other parts. Very impressive.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

You did a great job on this one, Crunchy! The way you incorporate a smooth, flexible style while still keeping the memorable set style is really amazing. The way the legs fit together is impressive, as well as the extensive detail on the sword and other parts. Very impressive.
Thanks, I'm glad you like the legs, I'm still trying to figure a new style for them :)
Thanks again Flu- I mean Crunchy.I waited to post till I could change my profile picture.
No problem, man. Your profile picture is looking nice :3

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

The only thing I really don't like about this is the shoulders. I can see you were trying to stay accurate to the Metru build, but his shoulder joints are out too far, and not only that, they're pointing up as if he's permanently shrugging. They need to be brought in as well as down. The perspective on the Huna is also a bit off. It's mostly in the eyes, as one seems to be significantly smaller than the other, not to mention at a different angle.Apart from those, very nice work. Your style is the sort I'd expect to see on the front of a BIONICLE novel or something. And I love your coloring. The different tones used under the green are very effective.

First off. SPECTACULAR! I saw it and said wow...out loud...very loud. And as a courteous critique, your colors are very very well done for traditional media. You have a gift, my friend. It's taken a long time to get here hasn't it. :)Now as a more negative critique....the only thing i notice is the hand proportion and maybe some other subtle disproportion like in the shoulders. But IDK, I think i'm glad you drew it that way, cause it makes look more like a bionicle than something else. Please don't stop drawing. PLEASE!

• 2 weeks later...

Really quite amazing.I absolutely love the texture on the piece, and over all body design is really the kind of Bionicle feel that I like. The shoulder armor is fantastic, and it seems more inline with his element then the traditional Mertu shoulders.The only problem I have is with the heartlight. While its purely personal preference, it just seems like he has a giant glowing hole in his chest, instead of little lights they had in the movie :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 2 weeks later...